Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,159 members, 7,838,958 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria (38486 Views)

Why Do Many Of The Chinese Who Go To Work In Africa Prefer To Remain / Travel Or Remain In Nigeria? / 7 Reasons To Love Benin City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 25, 2016
CaptainECole:
you can travel na.. its just meant for those who are seeking greener pastures that they can also get it here
sorry bro d pasture is getting browner grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Pamelayoung: 7:27am On Mar 25, 2016
Rayhutar:

You cannot get job here direct from Nigeria, you have come either as student or you secure work permit visa from Nigeria before coming and also learn German

Tnx, but can you help with schools there and admission guide.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by LeSudAfricaine: 8:35am On Mar 25, 2016
SmartChoices:
I owe you an apology.....now I understand better...SA abesifazane are wholesome.

Angiyena umuntu wesifazane grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 25, 2016
lolz.... I know bro....had a spat with you on our women's thread.

LeSudAfricaine:
Angiyena umuntu wesifazane grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Stoical: 8:59am On Mar 25, 2016
CaptainECole:
As we all know, Nigeria is our country, despite all the bad images and stories emanating from Nigeria, notwithstanding, I still believe we have good and valid reasons to remain here in this beautiful country.

[/b] 9 Reasons Why CaptainECole Should Come Back To Nigeria

[b]1.Bragging Rights

As a Nigerian, you sure have the bragging rights in your country, because it's your country, you're not subject to any immigration laws,visa issues, green card etc. you're a boss right here cool
2.Good Market
Yes! Nigeria has unarguably the best market in Africa, because of our huge population and standard purchasing power, think about it,any business can thrive in Nigeria, little wonder we have many foreign companies like MTN,Shell,DHL,Emirates Airline etc... Because we've got the market... oh yes cool
3.Ease of Living
Many will agree with me that Nigeria Is a very easy country to live in compared to UK,the US,Germany and other abroad countries. This is because in Nigeria, you can live according to ur income,I.e. there are many cheap houses,no one is compelled to pay tax,the bills like electricity, water bills are relatively cheap.
4.Diverse Opportunities
Here in Naija,you can become whatever you wanna be,you can do whatever you wanna do as long as you have the capital and skills to do it,.. Whether you wanna go into importation like the Igbos cheesy,or you wanna dive into agriculture, or perhaps you wanna start a company or you wanna open a big provisions store, you can here in Nigeria.
5.Economic Growth
Who wan argue? Nigeria is the largest economy in Africa, it's the second-top investment destination in Africa, our economy grows very fast each year, this only shows you that we are heading there"
. A wise Nigerian can exploit the economic potentials of this country, there are untapped natural resources, there are unexploited business areas, meeeehn.. if you're smart enough, you can become a billionaire overnight in Nigeria. Better than being an average man in the US. smiley
6.Entertainment Value
No African country rivals us when it comes to entertainment. Be it music, be it movies,be it talk shows, be it events.. we're number one cool .. We Nigerians enjoy loads of entertainment from our local contents,our music,our nollywood movies,our comedy shows,our events cheesy... won't you rather be happy at home??
7.Environment
The Nigerian environment I'd fun,you talk of the warm weather, abundance of rain,good soil for agriculture, the many companies, the familiarity with fellow Nigerians... we are fun people cheesy we are smart cool that's why the foreigners hate us,because we too smart grin ... Naija man nor dey dull cheesy ... we keep it real cool

You can add yours. Lalasticlala,Seun,shey you agree with me? cheesy

cool You Haven't Seen Anything Yet - If you have witness someone's head being chopped off, or 4 kids being burn for nothing. If you have had to dodge bullets from Arm robbers, who think sporadic shooting is same as robbing. If a soldier man who is supposed to protect you is now the one molesting you for using the same road with him...guy, u never chi chumching

9) Syria is small compared to Nigeria - when your siblings and parents have been massacred by herdsmen. When BH throws bom like ludo and blow themselves up like balloons, leading to mass dead...bros, experiencing these would make you retype these 7-things...

4 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 25, 2016
M17CXi:
@Op is evil!

Dont listen to his post
cant stop laughing. na end time op. but truthfully, i am kinda scared to leave home due to the increase in human trafficing, it happened to a close family friend recently. i will just struggle and make it here o. even tho i'm dont have d world, i will b comfortable
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Princewell2012(m): 9:38am On Mar 25, 2016
fireforfire:
Make una dey console una sef wit dis post.
If dem dash u 2 days American visa now u no go rush am?

Mmmmm, you re right to an extend. But my father told me that there was a time they used to beg them to travel to u.s.

So what do you say to that ?
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by 40manlappy: 10:10am On Mar 25, 2016
Sweetyie:
Oh a counter thread, I see.
Meanwhile #buynaijatogrownaija

Please, where is the initial thread? I will like to read it.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Kezzy2(f): 10:29am On Mar 25, 2016
for your mind abbi?
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by LeSudAfricaine: 1:23pm On Mar 25, 2016
SmartChoices:
lolz.... I know bro....had a spat with you on our women's thread.

i've had spats with many people here I don't even recall, by the way you are playing Egypt today, who's gonna win? grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 25, 2016
Nigeria.

LeSudAfricaine:
i've had spats with many people here I don't even recall, by the way you are playing Egypt today, who's gonna win? grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by cicc2010(f): 4:00pm On Mar 25, 2016
Perfectdanny:

Chai chai wen u don go liv 4 slump for s.a u go com bak begin say 'nija is d best'.. I no no werin to cal u
na PERFECTDANNY O

Don't be in a haste to quote
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by ukohedda(m): 5:31pm On Mar 25, 2016
I believe say dis guy de live for wuse phase1 or inside sao rock in fact this guy na APC member, no worry na e go better na him make igbo an remain for NORTH,abeg no distract me from dis sweet music wey J SEDICK sing
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Sirmuel1(m): 9:33pm On Mar 25, 2016
Before you praise Nigeria, please tell Nepa to give us light. 7days now, no light!
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 26, 2016
Multiply the 7 reasons to remain in Nigeria by at least 10. That will give you reasons NOT to remain in Nigeria.

The way I see things, remain wherever you feel most at peace, and be happy. Nigeria is not home to everyone. I would NOT be happy living in Nigeria, not even if I was a billionaire. There's more to life than money and power.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by finestboy1: 9:33pm On Mar 26, 2016
Siena:
Multiply the 7 reasons to remain in Nigeria by at least 10. That will give you reasons NOT to remain in Nigeria.
The way I see things, remain wherever you feel most at peace, and be happy. Nigeria is not home to everyone. I would NOT be happy living in Nigeria, not even if I was a billionaire. There's more to life than money and power.
My point exactly...Infact you took the words out of my mouth. Nigeria is not home for everybody. Where ever you stay and you are happy and at peace, stay there. In advanced countries of the world you do not need to be a millionaire to live a decent life.In Nigeria one has to struggle to enjoy a decent lifestyle e.g providing your electricity, water etc
I am still not convinced about the OP reasons to remain in Nigeria... Well whatever rocks your boat cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:24am On Mar 28, 2016
Hmmmmmmm God bless Nigeria that is all I will say as for me am living this country as soon as possible

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by finestboy1: 9:02am On Mar 28, 2016
jossymama:
Hmmmmmmm God bless Nigeria that is all I will say as for me am living this country as soon as possible
where are you running to? grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 28, 2016
Omo an still thinking of where to go oooo hv been to dubai on business trip south Africa on holiday but looking forward to see how USA is before I decide on where to stay
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Gigihabib(f): 10:01am On Mar 29, 2016
I had to check the date on the post to ensure it was recent.Like in this present day Nigeria we are in...really?
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by HARFORDEDUi: 10:12pm On Mar 31, 2016
I dont believe in living abroad permanently but i strongly believe in studying abroad.

And we should study abroad for career opportunities, reputable degree, personal and professional development, new cultural experience, understanding humanity, learn new languages and build your life long network.

For those who are interested in studying abroad in cheap top world ranking universities should visit www.facebook.com/harfordedu/ for full information and update
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by sasazed: 8:58am On Apr 01, 2016
I saw another discussion on the US students visa section debating about the same. At the end of the day this is a personal matter. I am a South Arican and I have been following nairaland for years now. As a black South African I get preference for employment and business deals. But this is all on paper (legislation). In reality I am doing the same job with a white person but they get twice as much as me. The economy is is still controlled by the whites. BEE business deals are for those with political connections. Racism is still alive and well in South Africa. So for those who talk about racism in the US etc, I just smile when I read your comments. I am still experiencing racism in my own country of birth. My friend from Zambia might think I am better off than her based on the little opportunities she has back in Zambia as compared to the opportunities I have in South Africa but the truth of the matter is that the so called black middle class in South Africa is living hand to mouth. Mortgage repayments, car repayments, [personal loans, credit cards, expensive school fees etc is what we work for. I guess for an average Nigerian when they think of living abroad these things are a turn off. But for me as a South African I am already living in that system so if I get an opprotunity to go to the US I would take it and not think twice.
My opinion is that if you if you desire a comfortable life and a better standard of living, going abroad is the right decision.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial / Airline Passenger Finds Lizard In Her Food (Photo) / Multiple Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.