Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,663 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria (38483 Views)

Why Do Many Of The Chinese Who Go To Work In Africa Prefer To Remain / Travel Or Remain In Nigeria? / 7 Reasons To Love Benin City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 24, 2016
Jonathan2787:
op your head is never a load to your neck, infact am loving you right now, NO HOMO BEFORE THEY CRUCIFY ME, for you to reason like this proves you have something upstairs like me. I advised people against going to US and being a slave there instead of staying here and be free infact my points were similar to yours, many people attacked me like a hungry pack of wolves.
Thanks alot dude smiley
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Rayhutar(m): 7:37pm On Mar 24, 2016
daretodiffer:

What is your hourly rate?
450€ based job with institute of Oceonography part time Job, Second 8hrs friday night job with mercedes plant is €10 per hour and 25% addition for doing night job, so + and - about €450 per month
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Dave50(m): 7:37pm On Mar 24, 2016
onatisi:

So what do u want us to do? Find him for you or pray for you?

Someone posted a news in the crime section in nairaland about a youth holding a loaf of bread who was killed in Mile 1 diobu portharcourt ...but no pics was uploading. Pls am in a depressed state right now because my brother left the house since three days and has not returned.. He is in his level 300 studying biology at the. Rivers state university of science and technology
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 24, 2016
Rayhutar:

450€ based job with institute of Oceonography part time Job, Second 8hrs friday night job with mercedes plant is €10 per hour and 25% addition for doing night job, so + and - about €450 per month

Stupid me smiley

I thought you meant 450/week
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by ooshinibos: 7:39pm On Mar 24, 2016
CaptainECole:
As we all know, Nigeria is our country, despite all the bad images and stories emanating from Nigeria, notwithstanding, I still believe we have good and valid reasons to remain here in this beautiful country.

1.Bragging Rights
As a Nigerian, you sure have the bragging rights in your country, because it's your country, you're not subject to any immigration laws,visa issues, green card etc. you're a boss right here cool
2.Good Market
Yes! Nigeria has unarguably the best market in Africa, because of our huge population and standard purchasing power, think about it,any business can thrive in Nigeria, little wonder we have many foreign companies like MTN,Shell,DHL,Emirates Airline etc... Because we've got the market... oh yes cool
3.Ease of Living
Many will agree with me that Nigeria Is a very easy country to live in compared to UK,the US,Germany and other abroad countries. This is because in Nigeria, you can live according to ur income,I.e. there are many cheap houses,no one is compelled to pay tax,the bills like electricity, water bills are relatively cheap.
4.Diverse Opportunities
Here in Naija,you can become whatever you wanna be,you can do whatever you wanna do as long as you have the capital and skills to do it,.. Whether you wanna go into importation like the Igbos cheesy,or you wanna dive into agriculture, or perhaps you wanna start a company or you wanna open a big provisions store, you can here in Nigeria.
5.Economic Growth
Who wan argue? Nigeria is the largest economy in Africa, it's the second-top investment destination in Africa, our economy grows very fast each year, this only shows you that we are heading there"
. A wise Nigerian can exploit the economic potentials of this country, there are untapped natural resources, there are unexploited business areas, meeeehn.. if you're smart enough, you can become a billionaire overnight in Nigeria. Better than being an average man in the US. smiley
6.Entertainment Value
No African country rivals us when it comes to entertainment. Be it music, be it movies,be it talk shows, be it events.. we're number one cool .. We Nigerians enjoy loads of entertainment from our local contents,our music,our nollywood movies,our comedy shows,our events cheesy... won't you rather be happy at home??
7.Environment
The Nigerian environment I'd fun,you talk of the warm weather, abundance of rain,good soil for agriculture, the many companies, the familiarity with fellow Nigerians... we are fun people cheesy we are smart cool that's why the foreigners hate us,because we too smart grin ... Naija man nor dey dull cheesy ... we keep it real cool

You can add yours. Lalasticlala,Seun,shey you agree with me? cheesy

am coming home now ..but Naija no get electricity ..that's the main reason most people leave

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 24, 2016
Dave50:

Someone posted a news in the crime section in nairaland about a youth holding a loaf of bread who was killed in Mile 1 diobu portharcourt ...but no pics was uploading. Pls am in a depressed state right now because my brother left the house since three days and has not returned.. He is in his level 300 studying biology at the. Rivers state university of science and technology

Open a thread with his picture and ask Myn.d44 to push it to fp

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 24, 2016
Rayhutar:

OP Nawa for you oo!, Thank God that I left Nigeria for Germany last year November, I work only on Saturdays 6hrs and earn €450 and another €450 on Friday for 8hrs, a total of €900 per month which about N288,000 at N320 per Euro. I pay house rent €280 about N89,600 per month at N320 per Euro Exchange rate, no fetching of water, 24hrs electricity non stop, no mosquito,no crime. Feeding with 150€ about N48,000 one can feed well with enough turkey and chicken meat. And still save like N60,000 for working for only Friday and Saturday as a student. Enough Entertainment, Clubs and human right respected
No equal opportunity in Nigeria, Here in Germany there is equal opportunity, not like CBN and other companies recruiting only sons and daughters of rich men with connections
After listing all these...you will still be treated as a second class citizen in Germany because you're a foreigner and because you're black.... Racism you know. You blacks are treated like pigs (schwein)
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by gotousa2013: 7:41pm On Mar 24, 2016
Even me with a good monthly income still seeks a better life outside here .

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Dave50(m): 7:41pm On Mar 24, 2016
daretodiffer:

Open a thread with his picture and ask Myn.d44 to push it to fp

Pls how do I reach mynd 44??
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 24, 2016
Dave50:

Pls how do I reach mynd 44??

Create a thread in the crime with the info and his picture
Mention his moniker it is My.nd44 (without the full stop or space)

Have you been to a police station and the morgue?

Please don't take offence embarassed
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by 1freshdude: 7:44pm On Mar 24, 2016
cicc2010:

I have been der before, believe me Nija remains the best. I can't /won't leave nija to another mans country. Remember when I want for a biz in s/a saw Nigerian guys selling news paper, looking hagard and hungry. In s/a a white man worked up to me, saying ma'am pls hold your bag well. I would rather go and come back home and enjoy my peace.

The reason one misses Nigeria is culture/friends/family/respect and appreciation of personality/food language for those that travel a lot.
The op included lots of wrong reasons. Lack of Security is the reason Tons of black people abroad are scared of comming home. Men over peace want kill you for Europe nah, no be USA when them dey shoot anyhow.

Plz note, Going to SA is not the same as going abroad.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by callJesu: 7:45pm On Mar 24, 2016
onatisi:
I am very very 100% sure the op isn't living in Nigeria . He lives abroad. Only ppl who live abroad will say these things about Nigeria

Supported however I am proudly a Nigerian
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by blackprowler: 7:46pm On Mar 24, 2016
This OP is ignorant

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Dave50(m): 7:46pm On Mar 24, 2016
daretodiffer:

Create a thread in the crime with the info and his picture
Mention his moniker it is My.nd44 (without the full stop or space)

Have you been to a police station and the morgue?

Please don't take offence embarassed

. My mom has been to the police station today
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Jethrolite(m): 7:46pm On Mar 24, 2016
CaptainECole:
As we all know, Nigeria is our country, despite all the bad images and stories emanating from Nigeria, notwithstanding, I still believe we have good and valid reasons to remain here in this beautiful country.

You can add yours. Lalasticlala,Seun,shey you agree with me? cheesy
Bros do not speak of things you know nothing about. There is nothing you can do in Nigeria that you can't do out there with by far better results. Which market are you even referring to? Please do not compare a cash economy to a functioning credit economy. Do you know working on minimum wage in a country like Canada earns one at least N250k monthly. Forget tax and all other rubbish cost because there are legal ways to pay and still live fly. Bros abeg forget.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Rayhutar(m): 7:46pm On Mar 24, 2016
Cuteamigo1:

And still the Germans will look you straight in your eyes and call you a monkey. news flash Germans don't like anyone but Germans. they belive people like you will interpolate their race just like it's happening in USA and Britain. am speaking from facts not speculations. that exactly what they said when their chancellor agreed to take in refugees. congratulations on you expedition but mind you Germany dint grow to where it's at today by its citizens running away from it.
like many people said Nigeria is where it is at today because Nigerians don't like Nigeria. op nice post.
That is what you hear on the news, no German will call you a monkey, Is not true that Germans don't like anyone but Germans, they give everyone here free education from primary school to university level, no discrimination between a foreigner and Germans. Just learn German and speak it, you are good to go. A lot of blacks here are German citizens working in all level of career development

6 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Rayhutar(m): 7:48pm On Mar 24, 2016
CaptainECole:
After listing all these...you will still be treated as a second class citizen in Germany because you're a foreigner and because you're black.... Racism you know. You blacks are treated like pigs (schwein)
That is what you hear on the news, no German will call you a monkey, Is not true that Germans don't like anyone but Germans, they give everyone here free education from primary school to university level, no discrimination between a foreigner and Germans. Just learn German and speak it, you are good to go. A lot of blacks here are German citizens working in all level of career development

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 24, 2016
Dave50:
. My mom has been to the police station today

Good luck

I pray he is found.

What about friends and family?

Is this usual for him?

Did he have a phone with him?

How far is the shop to your house?
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by CUM4WHAT(m): 7:48pm On Mar 24, 2016
ify2nyce:
u wan told me say if they given u free visa to travel to u.s.a you go declined?
ur english no be here
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Dave50(m): 7:51pm On Mar 24, 2016
daretodiffer:

Good luck

I pray he is found.

Is this usual for him?

No what am saying is that Mile 1 diobu is close to the university
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Dave50(m): 7:52pm On Mar 24, 2016
daretodiffer:

Good luck

I pray he is found.

And his line is not going through

Is this usual for him?

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by NellyGhenghen(m): 7:55pm On Mar 24, 2016
I agree with the OP to an extent, it hurts me that Nigeria is in the situation it is when we have all it takes to be a top country. We have the population, we have the resources, Nigerians are smart, Nigerians are hustlers, Nigerians are happy, positive, warm, innovative people, we could easily be the USA of Africa. I mean look how far we ve come on our own, without the help of the whites. We v been able to turn Lagos to the business, cosmopolitan and entertainment hub of Africa, Nigeria put African entertainment on the global map, we've been able to build a city like Abuja from scratch. If you look around other developed countries in Africa, South Africa for example most of their growth is owed to the whites or arabs. Nigeria is for Nigerians, built by Nigerians, the british left us with basically nothing, that's one of a kind on the entire African continent, quote me if i'm mistaking. I've lived in France, I currently live in the USA, and to be honest the only difference between here and Nigeria is good government. There is still corruption in their system the only difference is patriotism, their country comes first, their leaders make sure to provide for the citizens and they also make sure their country has a good international image. I mean even if our politicians want to steal money, there ll still be alot of money left to steal even after they put the basic things in place, basic amenities, employment opportunities, infrastructure, education and a structure in general cos the current situation in Nigeria is similar to a jungle where anything goes and only the bigger animals eat well. Nigeria has the potential to make and achieve more than four times what she is making and achieving now if the basic things were in place and that ll even give them more side money to steal. So why these guys won't just do the right thing is mind boggling. If Nigeria was ok wetin pesin dey go find for europe or yankee.. the good life is in Naija.

I love my fatherland, I love the freedom, I love the people and i'm deffo gonna return after hustling up here and getting quality education and experience. In conclusion these are basic things that every functioning society should have, these are the little things that could make our country great and these things will actually take little to nothing to put in place.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 24, 2016
Dave50:

No what am saying is that Mile 1 diobu is close to the university

I don't know where Mile 1 diobu is.

My questions are for you and the family to answer. You need them to streamline where to search.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 24, 2016
Op.
Are u insane?

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by jericco1(m): 7:56pm On Mar 24, 2016
onatisi:
I am very very 100% sure the op isn't living in Nigeria . He lives abroad. Only ppl who live abroad will say these things about Nigeria
lol quite sarcastic.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 24, 2016
I wonder what makes some people think every Nigerian has dreams of relocating abroad. I have never had such plans...

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Rayhutar(m): 7:58pm On Mar 24, 2016
daretodiffer:

Stupid me smiley

I thought you meant 450/week
Kikiki grin grin that one I dont become a multi m, life hard for here oo! but it far far better, I dont miss anything in Naija except my friends, since my 4 months of stay here in Germany, I have never enter my room and on the light and it did not answer me or enter bathroom and shower is not rushing,nor enter kitchen to cook and on the cooker and is not working.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by cicc2010(f): 8:00pm On Mar 24, 2016
1freshdude:

The reason one misses Nigeria is culture/friends/family/respect and appreciation of personality/food language for those that travel a lot.
The op included lots of wrong reasons. Lack of Security is the reason Tons of black people abroad are scared of comming home. Men over peace want kill you for Europe nah, no be USA when them dey shoot anyhow.

Plz note, Going to SA is not the same as going abroad.

Understand my point of view. Even outside the country, we experience insecurity. Am a business man, I have travelled to many countries of the world. I am taking from experience. That's story for another day. I rest my case
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by cicc2010(f): 8:02pm On Mar 24, 2016
CaptainECole:

So correct my dear

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by politicalpastor: 8:04pm On Mar 24, 2016
Who ever wrote this is right. I live in ameroca. This 7 reason is enough to stay in nigeria but however. Naira is a garbage when compaire to u s dollar. I love nigeria but our leaders makes life difficult for us. There is no good paying job. We need to format our own system that will work for us.

=CaptainECole post=44070418] As we all know, Nigeria is our country, despite all the bad images and stories emanating from Nigeria, notwithstanding, I still believe we have good and valid reasons to remain here in this beautiful country.

1.Bragging Rights
As a Nigerian, you sure have the bragging rights in your country, because it's your country, you're not subject to any immigration laws,visa issues, green card etc. you're a boss right here cool
2.Good Market
Yes! Nigeria has unarguably the best market in Africa, because of our huge population and standard purchasing power, think about it,any business can thrive in Nigeria, little wonder we have many foreign companies like MTN,Shell,DHL,Emirates Airline etc... Because we've got the market... oh yes cool
3.Ease of Living
Many will agree with me that Nigeria Is a very easy country to live in compared to UK,the US,Germany and other abroad countries. This is because in Nigeria, you can live according to ur income,I.e. there are many cheap houses,no one is compelled to pay tax,the bills like electricity, water bills are relatively cheap.
4.Diverse Opportunities
Here in Naija,you can become whatever you wanna be,you can do whatever you wanna do as long as you have the capital and skills to do it,.. Whether you wanna go into importation like the Igbos cheesy,or you wanna dive into agriculture, or perhaps you wanna start a company or you wanna open a big provisions store, you can here in Nigeria.
5.Economic Growth
Who wan argue? Nigeria is the largest economy in Africa, it's the second-top investment destination in Africa, our economy grows very fast each year, this only shows you that we are heading there"
. A wise Nigerian can exploit the economic potentials of this country, there are untapped natural resources, there are unexploited business areas, meeeehn.. if you're smart enough, you can become a billionaire overnight in Nigeria. Better than being an average man in the US. smiley
6.Entertainment Value
No African country rivals us when it comes to entertainment. Be it music, be it movies,be it talk shows, be it events.. we're number one cool .. We Nigerians enjoy loads of entertainment from our local contents,our music,our nollywood movies,our comedy shows,our events cheesy... won't you rather be happy at home??
7.Environment
The Nigerian environment I'd fun,you talk of the warm weather, abundance of rain,good soil for agriculture, the many companies, the familiarity with fellow Nigerians... we are fun people cheesy we are smart cool that's why the foreigners hate us,because we too smart grin ... Naija man nor dey dull cheesy ... we keep it real cool

You can add yours. Lalasticlala,Seun,shey you agree with me? cheesy[/quote]
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 24, 2016
Cuteamigo1:

And still the Germans will look you straight in your eyes and call you a monkey. news flash Germans don't like anyone but Germans. they belive people like you will interpolate their race just like it's happening in USA and Britain. am speaking from facts not speculations. that exactly what they said when their chancellor agreed to take in refugees. congratulations on you expedition but mind you Germany dint grow to where it's at today by its citizens running away from it.
like many people said Nigeria is where it is at today because Nigerians don't like Nigeria. op nice post.
well said bro... Gracias!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial / Airline Passenger Finds Lizard In Her Food (Photo) / But Why Lagos People Always Behaving Like This? See Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.