Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Why “no Kissing” Before Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why “no Kissing” Before Marriage (451 Views)

Kissing Before Cash Withdrawal Or After Cash Withdrawal? [photo] / Kissing Before Marriage. / 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Indulge In Sex Before Marriage- Danceville (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why “no Kissing” Before Marriage by Echosam: 7:12pm On Mar 24, 2016
Beloved, it is imperative that topics like this are well discussed and properly clinched. However, a friend in Christ, (Sister Alison) has something to say on this based on her own personal experience. Here is her write-up... Have you ever heard of parents that teach their kids to save their first kiss for their wedding day? Yep, we are THAT family. Before you run away, hear me out. I have my reasons for this, and you may want to give them a few minutes of your time. After all, you’ll have to face the kissing, dating and courting issue as a
parent sooner than later in your parenting journey.
In my parent’s home there were no rules against dating and kissing. Once I turned 16 I was allowed to date and had an 11:00 p.m. curfew. In fact, many times I remember my family asking me as I returned home from a date, “So…did you kiss?”
My mother taught me some specifics and always warned me about intimacy outside of marriage — it was simply out of the question. But, kissing? That was OK as long as you didn’t take it too far.
My husband was raised with a similar parenting style, except even more lenient.
However, my views on physical relationships before marriage changed when I met one special guy. This guy loved God and sought to follow him supremely. It was so evident. I admired his testimony and walk with God from afar. After a super-sweet love story bloomed, we officially entered “boyfriend/girlfriend” status.
I was honored to be “his girl.” He taught me so many things, through his life and through his words — even though he had been a Christian for a short period of time. But, you know what? One day he said the weirdest thing on earth. Brace yourself, it’s super-weird.
“Alison, I believe God does not want us to kiss until we are married.” Huh? I was shocked.
I had never heard of such a thing. When I told my friends, they were doubly shocked…especially since the guidelines were coming from a teenage guy.
Why would my boyfriend, who soon became my husband, say such a thing? Because he desired to flee fornication. He desired to run away from temptation to sin. He was a super-wise guy because he was simply following what I Corinthians 6:18 taught: “Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.”
And you know what? That just made me love him more. To know that this guy was setting standards for our relationship higher than most because he wanted to keep his heart pure before God was beyond impressive. By the way, he’s still that way today. He takes the high road, and our family has benefited much from his integrity.
Did you know there is another passage in the Bible that says it ....continue reading at http://theiconofpeace..com.ng/2015/11/why-no-kissing-before-marriage.html

(1) (Reply)

Couples only:Fantastic, Mind-blowing Health Benefits Of Sex.... / My Friend Wishes To Be Flavour's Next Baby Mama / When A Bad Girl Is Looking For A Good Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.