Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry (1252 Views)

Rivers Killings: Wike Must Resign – Rotimi Amaechi / Rivers Rerun: Dakuku Laughs Over Wike’s Panel Of Inquiry / Adeniyi Oyebade Indicted Of Shi'ite Killing By Kaduna Judicial Panel Of Inquiry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry by kcmichael: 8:02pm On Mar 24, 2016
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has set up a Judicial Commission of Inquiry to investigate the violence and killings that occurred during the March 19, rerun legislative elections in the state .
In a state broadcast on Wednesday, Governor Wike said :" in order to forestall a repeat of the needless violence and fatalities in future elections I hereby establish a Judicial Commission of Enquiry to investigate the violence, killings and other related acts that occurred in parts of the State during the March 19 2016 re-run elections and make appropriate recommendations to Government for implementation."
The governor noted:"The members of the Judicial Commission of Enquiry are as follows:Hon. Justice Monima Wenike Danagogo-Chairman; Venerable John Adubasim-Member, Mrs. Douye Green-Member; Barr. Joseph Zabbey-Member, Engr. Luke Nwanodi-Member,Mrs. Uche Uriri-Secretary."
The governor said that as a responsible government the administration will continue to be alive to its responsibility to protect lives and property in Rivers State.
He said : "I wish to assure Mr. President of our continuous commitment to do everything within our powers and resources to support the security agencies to fight crime and criminality and ensure that Rivers State is secure, safe and peaceful for people to live, enjoy and go about their legitimate social and economic activities.
"Furthermore, I wish to on behalf of the State Government express my deepest sympathies to the family of the late National Youth Service Corp member, Mr. Dumiebi Samuel Okonta who unfortunately lost his life while faithfully serving the nation on election duty during the March 19, 2016 re-run elections in the State."
Speaking further, Governor Wike noted :"I wish to re-emphasize that I fully share Mr. President’s position that we must as a people and as a nation exterminate the scourge of recurring flawed elections and join the rest of the civilized world in conducting relatively flawless and credible elections at all times.
"I therefore call on the INEC and all other agencies in the management of the electoral process, including the political parties and the candidates, to play by the established rules and ensure that the re-run elections to be conducted in the remaining eight Local Government Areas are devoid of malpractices and violence of any kind.
"Once again, I call on all eligible voters from the affected Local Government Areas to come out and freely exercise their franchise whenever the re-run elections are fixed."
He described as fifth columnists all those persons, including highly placed politicians, INEC staff and security agencies who deliberately worked to sabotage the re-run elections in the state. He said such persons are enemies of progress who were out and determined to undermine the electoral process and perpetuate the old discredited ways of electioneering process.
The governor said : "I wish to, with profound humility and appreciation thank you all for your peaceful conduct and effective participation in electing your representatives during the re-run legislative elections of March 19 2016 despite the provocations from some overzealous security personnel and their political collaborators.
"I wish to also express my profound gratitude and loyalty to the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, His Excellency, Mohammadu Buhari for his uncompromising commitment towards entrenching a permanent culture of free, fair and credible elections in the country. "

Re: Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry by dammiecool(m): 8:42pm On Mar 24, 2016
When is he going to set up panel about insecurity in rivers?
Re: Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry by danites3: 9:13pm On Mar 24, 2016
Wike setting up a judicial commission of enquiry to investigate a drama in which he was a principal actor..... Well, we already know their findings even before they sit

1 Like

Re: Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry by Abagworo(m): 9:17pm On Mar 24, 2016
People know who killed who as some were done in daylight without masks by opposing parties of same village. The enquiry is useless and uncalled for.
Re: Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry by ddippset(m): 9:43pm On Mar 24, 2016
Someone who asked electoral officers to write their wills is setting up commission of inquiry! Or maybe his special adviser on security millitant ateke tom advised him to do só!

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry by mykemiley(f): 9:44pm On Mar 24, 2016
I refuse to comment on diz issue.....
Re: Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:54pm On Mar 24, 2016
Perpetrators must be brought to book

1 Like

Re: Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry by Alphaoscar: 10:06pm On Mar 24, 2016
Another fruitless and wasteful mission.

Wike and his goons are principal actor in that unfortunate drama their is no way any commission of enquiry set up by him can be fair in the discharge of their mandate.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry by phemmie06(m): 10:13pm On Mar 24, 2016
Whosoever is know this man should tell him to stop deceiving himself, the killers know themselves which he was also involved indirectly. Though I guess he's trying to loot Rivers through the panel

1 Like

Re: Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry by otokx(m): 10:59pm On Mar 24, 2016
Our Governor likes panel of Inquiry; whatever works for him.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry by Nobody: 11:27pm On Mar 24, 2016
I am pdp man but I refused to agree with Wike on this. He should try as much as he can to heal wounds by letting everything go and not by setting up a foolish panel to indict his perceived enemies. Politics shouldn't be vindictive but it should be seen as a rallying point for all sundry irrespective of party affiliation. We voted for him not because we love him, but because we despise Amaechi's hatred for his brother and region.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry by Truckpusher(m): 11:31pm On Mar 24, 2016
ddippset:
Someone who asked electoral officers to write their wills is setting up commission of inquiry! Or maybe his special adviser on security millitant ateke tom advised him to do só!
Are you then confirming that those that were killed were trying to rig the election?
Re: Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry by ddippset(m): 6:37am On Mar 25, 2016
Truckpusher:
Are you then confirming that those that were killed were trying to rig the election?
read between the lines and think outside the box my friend. If you could do that then you would easily understand that what iam trying to point out is that 'even if they were election riggers, they should never be sentenced to death. The punishment for election riggers is not DEATH! but the so called governor nyesom wike sentenced the so called election riggers to death' and I hope you do at least understand my use of this phrase 'só called'?
Re: Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry by Nobody: 6:59am On Mar 25, 2016
ddippset:
read between the lines and think outside the box my friend. If you could do that then you would easily understand that what iam trying to point out is that 'even if they were election riggers, they should never be sentenced to death. The punishment for election riggers is not DEATH! but the so called governor nyesom wike sentenced the so called election riggers to death' and I hope you do at least understand my use of this phrase 'só called'?
clap for yo self u dunce. so Wike sentenced the pdp agent in Tai that was killed on the election day? for your information, no apc member died on the election day it was just pdp members get that into your thick skull. Who killed that peace corps member? Hw was hit by whose car? pls mods u need to carry out some brain check before allowing people to make nairaland looks like gathering of kindergartens
Re: Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry by Goldencollins: 7:01am On Mar 25, 2016
Buhari is a dullard from Daura,Amaechi is a lizard of Ubima,Osinbande is a Midget from Ogun state.
The Zombies are free to quote me.
Re: Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry by Goldencollins: 7:03am On Mar 25, 2016
If you Love Wike CLICK LIKE, If you Love Amaechi CLICK SHARE let's see who wins.
Re: Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry by ddippset(m): 7:33am On Mar 25, 2016
Dimienedonkz:

clap for yo self u dunce. so Wike sentenced the pdp agent in Tai that was killed on the election day? for your information, no apc member died on the election day it was just pdp members get that into your thick skull. Who killed that peace corps member? Hw was hit by whose car? pls mods u need to carry out some brain check before allowing people to make nairaland looks like gathering of kindergartens
lol. 'to make nairaland LOOKS like a gathering of kindergartens'. Dude seriously? Are you for real? You want the mods to carry out brain checks and you are speaking or writing such english? Oh my God, what is this world turning into?
Re: Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 25, 2016
ddippset:
lol. 'to make nairaland LOOKS like a gathering of kindergartens'. Dude seriously? Are you for real? You want the mods to carry out brain checks and you are speaking or writing such english? Oh my God, what is this world turning into?
clap for yourself dunce. Mr. "grammarian" pls correct the English for me since your definition of kindergarten has to do with diction.
Re: Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry by ddippset(m): 9:42am On Mar 25, 2016
Dimienedonkz:

clap for yourself dunce. Mr. "grammarian" pls correct the English for me since your definition of kindergarten has to do with diction.
not kindergarten bur 'brain check'. You recommended 'brain check' to the moderators but you can't get your simple subject - verb agreement right. Your brain surely needs a double check from the mods!
Re: Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 25, 2016
ddippset:
not kindergarten bur 'brain check'. You recommended 'brain check' to the moderators but you can't get your simple subject - verb agreement right. Your brain surely needs a double check from the mods!
u r not making a "kobo" sense. I said u should correct the sentence since u r the "grammarian" in nairaland instead u r toeing the footpaths of Liar Mohamed. U r as brainless as Buhari. write the correct sentence pls so we all can see and stop fooling yourself.
Re: Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 25, 2016
ddippset:
slowpoke like u, so u don't know that when an adult behaves like a dunce, u call for brain check? smh!!!
Re: Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry by ddippset(m): 10:55am On Mar 25, 2016
Dimienedonkz:

u r not making a "kobo" sense. I said u should correct the sentence since u r the "grammarian" in nairaland instead u r toeing the footpaths of Liar Mohamed. U r as brainless as Buhari. write the correct sentence pls so we all can see and stop fooling yourself.
'to make nairaland LOOK like a gathering of kindergartens' it's LOOK not LOOKS. You actually put the 'u' to d_nce! u as in you. Catch my drift? Kindergarten kids actually but you decided to say kindergartens. So much for someone who wants brain checks on the fórum. You need double.
Re: Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 25, 2016
ddippset:
'to make nairaland LOOK like a gathering of kindergartens' it's LOOK not LOOKS. You actually put the 'u' to d_nce! u as in you. Catch my drift? Kindergarten kids actually but you decided to say kindergartens. So much for someone who wants brain checks on the fórum. You need double.
the "s" in the word kindergarten was from my tab, I didn't preview my write up. But on the word "looks" u goof dude, it's not "look". the word "nairaland is singular, thus the follow up verb should be inline with it also. I told u to stop running faster than yo shadow but u refused. u see yo self?
Re: Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 25, 2016
ddippset:
nairaland is a singular so the follow up verb has to be "looks". pls go back to basic 1 so u can learn more on "Subject-verb agreement. You have to get that into your thick ass●●●● dude. lololllllllll
Re: Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 25, 2016
ddippset:
please correct this " it looks beautiful" and "it look beautiful". which is the right sentence? "olodo" claiming u know, but u know nothing dude. just go back to yo English teacher that is only if u had 1 in yo "goddam" hood.
Re: Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry by ddippset(m): 12:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
Dimienedonkz:

please correct this " it looks beautiful" and "it look beautiful". which is the right sentence? "olodo" claiming u know, but u know nothing dude. just go back to yo English teacher that is only if u had 1 in yo "goddam" hood.
lol, this N1gga insists on embarrassing himself. Guy your sentence is wrong, I put that on my life. Better enrol for further studies. So long!
Re: Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 25, 2016
ddippset:
lol, this N1gga insists on embarrassing himself. Guy your sentence is wrong, I put that on my life. Better enrol for further studies. So long!
stop the disgrace u r causing to your State and generation yet unborn. Pls come let me tutor u, by the time u r done passing through my tutelage; u will be able to decipher between a wrong and correct sentence. screen grab and show your Amaechi who came out with ordinary pass in the university if he can help u. But if u can't then I am sorry because your case is beyond human comprehension and in a saner climate, u should've being taken to Yaba left for urgent medications.
Re: Rivers Rerun Killings,wike Set Up Judicial Commision Of Inquiry by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 25, 2016
ddippset:
no need to waste my strength, I have work to do not jobless and psy●●opath like u

(1) (Reply)

Route Of The Controversial Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos / Hilarious:best And Easiest Way To Burn Fat(pix). / I'm A Prophet, Fayose Makes New Shocking Prediction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.