Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,362 members, 7,864,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:37 AM

ANAMBRA CENTRAL RE-RUN: Why The Stalemate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ANAMBRA CENTRAL RE-RUN: Why The Stalemate (633 Views)

Gambia Stalemate: Reps To Debate Asylum For Jammeh In Nigeria / Evidence That Buhari Is Behind Abia Governorship Stalemate / OPEC Meeting Concludes In Stalemate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ANAMBRA CENTRAL RE-RUN: Why The Stalemate by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 24, 2016
I'm not a politician and I'm not from anambra state either but I think it's high time the people of anambra state particularly the people of anambra central senatorial zone should come out and question the delay in the release of the date for the re-run polls,the initial date was slated for march 5th but couldn't hold(inec did not clearly state its reason(s) for the cancellation).

Its now getting to 3weeks since the indefinite postponement of the re-run and the independent national electoral commission has not come out with a new date...The question is why the delay?

Why are the candidates vying for the senatorial seat silent? is this how they will represent the people of anambra central in the senate?

I expect the candidates in the re-run take INEC to court and the court will have to compel INEC to conduct the election through a WRIT OF MANDAMUS,because from all indications the INEC is trying to deny the people of the zone a representative in the senate through their delay tactics and I urge the people of the district to resist such move,the good people of anambra central should come out and speak with one voice.
Re: ANAMBRA CENTRAL RE-RUN: Why The Stalemate by Ekugbeh(m): 9:43pm On Mar 24, 2016
K
Re: ANAMBRA CENTRAL RE-RUN: Why The Stalemate by yetunsbay(m): 11:17pm On Mar 24, 2016
2nd
Re: ANAMBRA CENTRAL RE-RUN: Why The Stalemate by Osyabj: 4:09am On Mar 25, 2016
The election may NEVER hold because the Supreme Court rulling throrwing out Andy Uba, and his group, also makes Annie Ononkwo automatically the new Senator for Anambra Central. So why would INEC waste money on election that Sup. Ct has already nullified?
Re: ANAMBRA CENTRAL RE-RUN: Why The Stalemate by chriskosherbal(m): 4:28am On Mar 25, 2016
I think INEC are doing thier best.
Re: ANAMBRA CENTRAL RE-RUN: Why The Stalemate by TheBiafran(m): 4:56am On Mar 25, 2016
andy will remain there
they didnt throw him out.
it was all a paid job
brown envelope journalism
many people are fighting against andy uba including his bro for reasons i dont know
but he will remain there
because he was never thrown out.

(1) (Reply)

Even God Warned Us about APC / Why We Couldn’t Save Under Jonathan – Okonjo-iweala / A Copy Of The Code Of Conduct Act & ACJA Amendment Bills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.