Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying (13821 Views)

No Fuel Scarcity, Stakeholders Just Hoarding Products - APC Says / Man Shares Letter Of 1994 Between His Mum And Her Dad Discussing Petrol Scarcity / Nigerians Mock Tinubu For Blasting Kachikwu Instead Of PMB Over Petrol Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying by Pidggin(f): 11:06am On Mar 25, 2016
Failure in almost every ministry
Health
Petroluem
Education
Power
Even Women affairs grin
Re: Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying by ItzTun3chi(m): 11:07am On Mar 25, 2016
at least we are getting CHANGE[negatively] grin grin

1 Like

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying by anetuno(m): 11:09am On Mar 25, 2016
In the midst of all these, all we are hearing from APC is that there will be no vacancy in Aso rock come 2019. What a shameless evil party.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying by ajepako(f): 11:10am On Mar 25, 2016
ln fact, this article is talking about me....

Call it panic buying and you could be right..

Despite the fact that l have 3o litres l still sent someone to buy me another 30 litres today..

better to be prepared than caught in complete blackout by PHCN

Bleep petroleum minister sef...
Re: Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying by ItzTun3chi(m): 11:10am On Mar 25, 2016
at least,we are getting change[negative one] grin grin
Re: Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying by Grundig: 11:10am On Mar 25, 2016
I have never doubted kachikwu's appintmnt. He is one of the few In Buhari's cabinet i believe is actually working. However, he needs to learn and understand that he now works in a differnt kind ofenvionmnt frm what he is used to.

He has made a few commnts which ordinarily shouldn't be a problem but . . .he should know that is Nigeria
Re: Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying by Reference(m): 11:16am On Mar 25, 2016
Kindergarten Mlnister.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying by Correspondence(m): 11:16am On Mar 25, 2016
ijustdey:

until those black marketers hand are chipped down.... hoarding of petroleum product will still be going on..

I can't imagine a petrol station within my street who has fuel but only sells at night to black marketers just because of profit he would gain without seeing it's effects of the community.

we Nigerians are our enemies.

Did you ask him how much it cost him to get fuel to his station?

1 Like

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying by Greenback: 11:19am On Mar 25, 2016
1st it was minister of science n tech who envisages nigeria okrika_astronauts "landing" in space in 2030 now its ibe kachikwu and may..it seems lying mohammed has repented and passed on his lying mantle to these old men.

A.P.Crooks
Re: Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying by TeddyPendergrass(m): 11:33am On Mar 25, 2016
this is a public service announcement:

Do NOT, I repeat DO NOT collect petroleum products and store up in your houses because you are trying to beat the fuel scarcity.

if you need fuel go to the gas station and buy.

all it takes is just one click and BOOM! The End.

it's not worth it.

my name is Teddy Pendergrass and I approve of this message.
Re: Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 25, 2016
May God save Nigeria from Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying by Wallade(m): 11:43am On Mar 25, 2016
Kachikwu can be loose canon sometimes: he talks carelessly sometimes.

I am disappointed with his utterance concerning the recent fuel scarcity.
Re: Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying by banio: 11:49am On Mar 25, 2016
MIPNIG:
The unstableness in the sector was simply kachukwu's making.

Earlier in the year, he removed subsidy and called it price modulations, Nigerians no talk because of the confusing nature of the statement.

In February product became scarce, PPMC had things under control but he squandered the gains and said that "he was unbundling the NNPC into 30 different companies" the fuel crisis entered gear 2. He recanted his position that he only meant that he is reorganizing the NNPC into 21 companies, we sit don dey look.

He ended up reorganizing the NNPC into seven sub divisions.

The amazing thing about Kachikwu is that he likes listening to himself "wash man", even when it is unnessary to speak. He told us three weeks ago that "fuel queues will disappear in two days"; instead the queues got longer and when he was queried a few days ago at the state house, Kachikwu says the queues are here to stay for another two months.... Talk talk .

They say when a man thinks he knows it all, he becomes the fool at the village square.

Nigerians welcome to the "talk or die ride" with Kachikwu.

Well said. Fuel and power are lifeline of every con3. So when we don't have them who should we blame, government or independent marketers and DISCO
Re: Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying by pedestal82(m): 11:50am On Mar 25, 2016
Abeg abeg, abeg, which one be panic buying again for this matter eh! For the past how many months now no fuel which one be panic buy. Make them just keep quiet, as i sit down under sun for quee since early morning make them no dey increase my anger level. God punish them, bubu included.
Re: Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying by badguyP: 11:53am On Mar 25, 2016
The funny thing is dat most people will store dis fuel in their kitchen, toilet, garages, rooms. And dis could lead loss of properties and lives.
Re: Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying by drinkmorewater: 11:58am On Mar 25, 2016
Yawn*
NNPC things!

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying by greatbrian(m): 12:03pm On Mar 25, 2016
I went to a filling station to get fuel and the attendants we're complaining no light and no fuel to put on the Gen. Even after selling for as much as 160
Re: Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying by Toks2008(m): 12:07pm On Mar 25, 2016
Sometimes these political appointees need training in knowing how to present issues.Even Buhari is guilty of unpalatable utterances.

Inasmuch as i do not support them deceiving the populace,i believe there are a thousand and one ways of presenting issues of national interest in such a way that will not generate panic.
Re: Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying by Rainmaker69(m): 12:34pm On Mar 25, 2016
greatgod2012:
Nigerians are the main enemies of fellow Nigerians.

The fuel marketers are Nigerians.

Our politicians who take pleasure in personalising the money meant to make Nigeria better are all Nigerians.

God bless you!
Re: Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying by lailo: 12:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
D truth always bitter to hear
Re: Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying by ikorodureporta: 1:16pm On Mar 25, 2016
Talks like a school prefect
Re: Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 25, 2016
set it ablaze.

ijustdey:

until those black marketers hand are chipped down.... hoarding of petroleum product will still be going on..

I can't imagine a petrol station within my street who has fuel but only sells at night to black marketers just because of profit he would gain without seeing it's effects of the community.

we Nigerians are our enemies.
Re: Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 25, 2016
masqot:
Most of these public holders need PR manager cause there's always need for diplomacy and brevity in uttering speech. I think some of them have not realized how sensitive their position are. The masses is hoping on them and look at the flimsy statement and the aftermath in just one day. They need to learn quick.
What this economy needs at present is confidence.

I totally agree. Being VP of Exxon mobil is not same as a public officer. Everything you say as a public officer has a meaning and interpretation. One must be weary of any man who gets to explain his position on any issue. You must be a man of few words as a leader. Pathetic!!

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying by Nbote(m): 4:38pm On Mar 25, 2016
Some of U are jus plain annoying with ur double standards and hypocrisy. Now it's d marketers dat are to blame for the lingering scarcity dat has lasted for more than 2 months now abi Some of U even get mind to claim Nigerians are to blame but I ask again how com it was d govt's fault last year before elections wen scarcity hit for 2weeks?? U claim marketers are hoarding d product and I ask what has d govt via d DPR done to curb and monitor defaulting fuel stations. Wen d product is scarce petrol tankers will simply go sell to d highest bidder who is craving for the same product as well as dey are all in business for the profit. Since dey don't know wen dey might get the product again, dey simply sell off the one dey have gotten for a higher profit. It's even funny why d govt has not specifically com out to tell Nigerians why fuel in particular has been scarce. We all know our refineries don't work and as such we have always imported fuel. Have u stopped importing fuel
Re: Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying by misgab: 4:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
d statement is wrong.did he weigh d ripple effect b4 openin his mouth? i bought fuel 1k on wednesday n today is 1.7k.kachikwu should plz clear d air n say their usual line.i was quoted out of context.
Re: Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 25, 2016
@otokx Did your friend report the tanker to NNPC? I am sure they publicised phone numbers for public to use report fuel stations selling above approved price.

@ topic
I saw Kachikwu's comment, nothing he said caused panic buying, it is probably caused by the approaching Easter holidays.

After all he said he couldn't give a timescale when scarcity would end, that he is no magician and is working day and night to end scarcity.

Even if he said scarcity would end in 2 days, there would still have been the same panic-buying and hoarding because Easter is upon us.
otokx:

Right in my colleagues front, an NNPC tanker loaded with product at East West Road near Jepthah used masking tape to cover the NNPC name and sold it to Independent Marketers were they will sell at 140 naira per litre.
Re: Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying by Themandator: 7:39pm On Mar 25, 2016
dre11:

http://www.punchng.com/petrol-scarcity-kachikwus-comment-fuels-hoarding-panic-buying/

Unless the products are diverted Abuja would soon receive some respite.... Trucks are coming in from Calabar.
Re: Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying by hesilo(m): 8:20pm On Mar 25, 2016
I don park my Car sin february. Na keke sure pass nw.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: Osinbajo’s Support Base Swells Despite Silence / Ben Ayade Gifts Okpo Records N10m (Pics) / South-West PDP Bloc Unveils 11 Aspirants For National Chairmanship Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.