Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,893 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About (27859 Views)

5 Car Noises You Should Not To Ignore / 10 Car Repair Safety Rules You Should Not Overlook / 10 Car Noises To Be Worried About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by jaykay68(m): 8:58pm On Mar 27, 2016
hrhjnr:
9. Cap’n Crunch

If you drive something with a manual transmission (thank you!) and you’re starting to hear a crunching sound while changing gears it can be a symptom of several different problems, ones usually associated with high mileage.

For starters, gear grinding can be indicative of a worn out synchronizer, the transmission component that enables easy shifting from one ratio to another. If these are dilapidated they will not be able to equalize the speeds of the different shafts inside the transmission and the dog clutches will grind. Likewise, a dragging clutch could be the culprit, one that’s not fully disengaging when the pedal is depressed. Both of these issues often require extensive service work to correct.
this is beautiful sir, right on point. Thanks

1 Like

Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by lonelydora: 9:00pm On Mar 27, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
in Naija we relate to kpom! Sounds, kpokom sounds greeegree and kraa kraa noises grin

I don't know all these sounds. The noise I understand is only "Kpom Kpom" sound.

1 Like

Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by Empiree: 9:00pm On Mar 27, 2016
First observation though, Hissing, makes me sick. It only leaks anti-freeze fluid (coolant) when i'm starting the engine for the first time in the day. It doesnt leaks while driving. On the road it whistles (not too loud) when i press gas. Despite mechanic properly tightened the hose, still leaks.

You think the hose might need replacement or what?.
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 27, 2016
Nice. smiley

Sitting with a very annoying humming sound coming from the left rear wheel. Thought it was tire problem, turned out to be a damaged wheel bearing.
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by austin4real(m): 9:06pm On Mar 27, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
in Naija we relate to kpom! Sounds, kpokom sounds greeegree and kraa kraa noises grin
I just died wit lafta on top dis comment..m.mm grin
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by ba7man(m): 9:07pm On Mar 27, 2016
My break pads need replacement.

Very educative thread.
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by ba7man(m): 9:08pm On Mar 27, 2016
My brake pads need replacement.

Very educative thread.
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by Tlake(m): 9:09pm On Mar 27, 2016
Nice information. ..taken a clue from it
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 27, 2016
castrokins:
OP, My Own Be Say Steering Don Stiff. Dem Say Na Steering Rack Spoil And Na 30k. Na True?
Baba I don't think so. Before the dollar palaver, I replaced 'power steering engine' if honda bulldog for less than 20k, and also a carry 2.2 (the money is plus workmanship o). The Problem however, is that you go try before you get your car own gangan. The price should depend on your car model sha.
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by Xblink(m): 9:11pm On Mar 27, 2016
Am on number two now..... I will finish reading after easter.... grin shocked

2 Likes

Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 27, 2016
tunergy:
GAZZUZZ The sound i hear now is Krakaka when turning into a corner. Lol

My Mechanic is yet to come and Diagnose the source.

I know its the shaft maybe.

No worry, the next time you go turn into that corner, one side go bend like my Kleg. Then your mechanic will come and you would know what it is... grin
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by captianfreeman(m): 9:22pm On Mar 27, 2016
prettythicksme:
Audio sound pls grin
How thick is prettythicksme.?
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by Adesiji77: 9:24pm On Mar 27, 2016
Following...bookmarked smiley
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by castrokins(m): 9:27pm On Mar 27, 2016
Brother, Did You Import?

ayxmania:

Baba I don't think so. Before the dollar palaver, I replaced 'power steering engine' if honda bulldog for less than 20k, and also a carry 2.2 (the money is plus workmanship o). The Problem however, is that you go try before you get your car own gangan. The price should depend on your car model sha.
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by engrMikemd(m): 9:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
Ring tone
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by csbrown(m): 9:39pm On Mar 27, 2016
I doont need all this shit.! Cos i do buy my. Cars direct from tthe company
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by bettercreature(m): 9:42pm On Mar 27, 2016
Nonsense! Noise is noise,i can't understand all these grammar
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by Oghumu1(m): 9:44pm On Mar 27, 2016
Why not include audio to it?? Put my phone for ear dy wait for it to make sound, but heard none
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 27, 2016
castrokins:
Brother, Did You Import?

no o, na from lagos the mechanic get them. The First car I did, the mechanic took it away for like 3 weeks(because I was not at home then), before I vex para for him, however, I was lucky when I did the second car, I got it fixed the third day.
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by H2Ossss(m): 9:53pm On Mar 27, 2016
AUDIO..... or Adonbilivit
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by castrokins(m): 9:55pm On Mar 27, 2016
actually, I Live And Work In Calabar.

The Guys I Have Spoken To Over Here Are quoting 30k. Do You Know Any Part Dealer In Lagos With An Online Help Desk I Could Speak To? It's A 2000 Model VW Beetle

ayxmania:

no o, na from lagos the mechanic get them. The First car I did, the mechanic took it away for like 3 weeks(because I was not at home then), before I vex para for him, however, I was lucky when I did the second car, I got it fixed the third day.
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 27, 2016
castrokins:
actually, I Live And Work In Calabar.

The Guys I Have Spoken To Over Here Are quoting 30k. Do You Know Any Part Dealer In Lagos With An Online Help Desk I Could Speak To? It's A 2000 Model VW Beetle

Honestly, I don't. But check the autos/car talk section, there are some good auto mechanics there.
Is your car BUG?
VW parts are not that expensive, the guys want to do 'dollar is expensive' for you ni.
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by suzzyprima: 10:03pm On Mar 27, 2016
Nice....weldone op
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by castrokins(m): 10:10pm On Mar 27, 2016
Lool...Yes Boss, A Bug.

Thanks. Lemme See I Get Any Assistance There. Parts Aren't Costly...

ayxmania:

Honestly, I don't. But check the autos/car talk section, there are some good auto mechanics there.
Is your car BUG?
VW parts are not that expensive, the guys want to do 'dollar is expensive' for you ni.
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by AmAlbert(m): 10:13pm On Mar 27, 2016
Oga OP, wah about laffing sound, krikrikrikrikrikrikri (some cars get bad manners o) some go dey laff you wey buy am sef grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by AmAlbert(m): 10:14pm On Mar 27, 2016
Oga OP, wah about laffing sound, krikrikrikrikrikrikri (some cars get bad manners o) some go dey laff you wey buy am sef grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy

*sips dogonyaro and aki awusa
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by Roadmap27(m): 10:17pm On Mar 27, 2016
hrhjnr:
With a twist of the key or poke of its start button your vehicle’s engine should fire up with the urgency of a physician responding to a code blue.

Of course it should also idle as smoothly as a sewing machine running a line of chain stitches. If this isn’t the case you ought to take note because something serious could be awry.

The same is true for the rest of your car or truck. It should operate as silently as a napping kitten and feel smoother than satin underwear. Modern vehicles are engineering marvels built to exacting standards, but as with anything crafted by man, things will go wrong and often in spectacular fashion. If for some reason your car is making uncouth noises here’s a small sample of what could be going on.

You guys shouldn't complain u can't comprehend dis article. The guy himself does not understand those names given to the noises. I belv he just bounce on net search for an article and he find an interested one then he drop it here for us to read and learn. So if u wanna know it all I will urge u do ur own research.

1 Like

Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by vanhayor(m): 10:22pm On Mar 27, 2016
Seems dis op na mechanic Go nd start working with innoson motors
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by airlord2020: 10:35pm On Mar 27, 2016
So cars bought from company which I guess is dealership don't develop fault?

csbrown:
I doont need all this shit.! Cos i do buy my. Cars direct from tthe company

1 Like

Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by ogaontop(m): 11:08pm On Mar 27, 2016
One Must Be A Mechanic To Know These Things Exactly!
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by rooftop(m): 11:08pm On Mar 27, 2016
Nice piece

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fire Incident Involving A Trailer At Ojota, Managed (PHOTO) / Toyota Wants People To Know It's Not Just An Automaker Anymore / Picture Of A Keke Napep Limousine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.