Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About (27863 Views)

5 Car Noises You Should Not To Ignore / 10 Car Repair Safety Rules You Should Not Overlook / 10 Car Noises To Be Worried About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by ThundrCork(m): 11:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
Useful

1 Like

Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by hamid14: 11:42pm On Mar 27, 2016
educative and informative,noted.

1 Like

Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by murmee: 12:33am On Mar 28, 2016
hrhjnr:
1. Hissing

Sure, there might be a bundle of rattle snakes living under the hood but if your car or truck’s engine makes a hissing sound it could also be an indication of a leak, either in the cooling system or a vacuum line. If it’s the former overheating is a concern, the latter, drivability and fuel-economy issues could result. A trip to the mechanic is in order.
What about the hissing of a newly installed fan belt. Mine has been hissing for quite a while and people say it will stop eventually but it is so embarrassing especially in the mornings while driving out of the compound.

1 Like

Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by guyossy(m): 1:07am On Mar 28, 2016
Nice piece of information.

1 Like

Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by callJesu: 1:27am On Mar 28, 2016
Still on the road to where I can get a car...
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by femi4: 2:45am On Mar 28, 2016
murmee:
What about the hissing of a newly installed fan belt. Mine has been hissing for quite a while and people say it will stop eventually but it is so embarrassing especially in the mornings while driving out of the compound.
I was told the same thing too after replacing my timing belt

1 Like

Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by datGuyJoo: 4:58am On Mar 28, 2016
Great write up if you actually wrote it. Dude, it wouldn't kill you to put a link on here and your blog if you are not the author. sheesh!

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/04/10-car-noises-to-be-concerned-about.html

Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by begwong: 5:34am On Mar 28, 2016
How about car jerking and inability to ascend a small altitude.?
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by tuslakoncept: 6:52am On Mar 28, 2016
Idea of noise, LOL nothing wey I no go hear for NL.audio sound samples would have been perfect.
Octaves:
Good. I think the words the op used are onomatopoeic enough to get an idea of how the sounds are
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by hrhjnr(m): 10:11am On Mar 28, 2016
Empiree:
First observation though, Hissing, makes me sick. It only leaks anti-freeze fluid (coolant) when i'm starting the engine for the first time in the day. It doesnt leaks while driving. On the road it whistles (not too loud) when i press gas. Despite mechanic properly tightened the hose, still leaks.

You think the hose might need replacement or what?.

If the hose still leaks then it should be replaced, you don't have to wait until it starts leaking while you're driving thereby leaving you stranded in the middle of nowhere.

1 Like

Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by hrhjnr(m): 10:13am On Mar 28, 2016
ogaontop:
One Must Be A Mechanic To Know These Things Exactly!

Not necessarily
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by hrhjnr(m): 10:20am On Mar 28, 2016
Roadmap27:

You guys shouldn't complain u can't comprehend dis article. The guy himself does not understand those names given to the noises. I belv he just bounce on net search for an article and he find an interested one then he drop it here for us to read and learn. So if u wanna know it all I will urge u do ur own research.

Lol. Yes, I did my research before I posting a topic. Each sound and location of the sound is explained so that people can get an idea of what I'm talking about. I would have added YouTube clips but I felt peopl won't want to waste their mbs on that. On another topic, I'll probably do that. Trying to confuse anyone wasn't my intention at all.
Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by Nyceguy92: 12:56pm On Mar 28, 2016
tunergy:
GAZZUZZ The sound i hear now is Krakaka when turning into a corner. Lol

My Mechanic is yet to come and Diagnose the source.

I know its the shaft maybe.

Sounds like your driving shaft has gone bad.
Let your mechanic confirm.
Also inspect your shock absorber springs.

1 Like

Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by Nyceguy92: 12:57pm On Mar 28, 2016
tunergy:
GAZZUZZ The sound i hear now is Krakaka when turning into a corner. Lol

My Mechanic is yet to come and Diagnose the source.

I know its the shaft maybe.

Sounds like your driving shaft has gone bad.
Let your mechanic confirm.
Also inspect your shock absorber springs.

1 Like

Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by Nyceguy92: 1:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
Empiree:
First observation though, Hissing, makes me sick. It only leaks anti-freeze fluid (coolant) when i'm starting the engine for the first time in the day. It doesnt leaks while driving. On the road it whistles (not too loud) when i press gas. Despite mechanic properly tightened the hose, still leaks.

You think the hose might need replacement or what?.

Hoses should not be leaking in a car or any hosed device for that matter.
If tightening does not solve the problem, replace the hose.

1 Like

Re: 10 Car Noises To Be Concerned About by Empiree: 3:41pm On Mar 28, 2016
Nyceguy92:

Hoses should not be leaking in a car or any hosed device for that matter.
If tightening does not solve the problem, replace the hose.
hrhjnr:

If the hose still leaks then it should be replaced, you don't have to wait until it starts leaking while you're driving thereby leaving you stranded in the middle of nowhere.
Thank you guys. Hose will have to be changed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fire Incident Involving A Trailer At Ojota, Managed (PHOTO) / Toyota Wants People To Know It's Not Just An Automaker Anymore / Picture Of A Keke Napep Limousine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.