Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

The Big Ring Around The Sun - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Big Ring Around The Sun (548 Views)

What Is This Body Beside The Sun Called / The Big Size Of An Undergraduate's Project Hardcopy (Photos) / What If The Sun Disappeared! (+PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Big Ring Around The Sun by adeashaye(m): 12:38pm On Mar 25, 2016
Please, what could the big ring around the sun mean?
Re: The Big Ring Around The Sun by acenazt: 12:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
Corona. It means the sun Is ripe U can eat it when it falls

1 Like

Re: The Big Ring Around The Sun by nobilis: 2:33pm On Mar 25, 2016
The sun itself hs no rings but when rings are seen around the sun, they are caused by ice crystals in thin clouds in the Earth's atmosphere. As the rays of sunlight pass through the crystals, they are broken into several different colours (just like a prism does). And they have to be in specific spatial configurations towards each other and the sun in order for the multicoloured rings we see to be visible.
Such a ring is called a halo.

Unless there is another kind of ring u might be talking about.

2 Likes

Re: The Big Ring Around The Sun by DrayZee: 2:38pm On Mar 25, 2016
Around the Sun or the Solar system
There could be matter orbiting space between the Sun and Mecury.
Or it could be talking about the Asteroid Belt between Mars and Jupiter, or the Kuiper Belt just within the Ort Cloud.

Are any of these what you are looking for?
Re: The Big Ring Around The Sun by adeashaye(m): 2:41pm On Mar 25, 2016
How on earth could that be possible?
Re: The Big Ring Around The Sun by DrayZee: 2:45pm On Mar 25, 2016
adeashaye:
How on earth could that be possible?

It could also be what nobilis said
That's more of an illusion and basically means nothing.
So Fear Not!

1 Like

Re: The Big Ring Around The Sun by adeashaye(m): 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2016
Thank you, nobilis. DrayZee, when I got out of my house this afternoon I noticed a big ring around the sun and it has kept me wondering.
Re: The Big Ring Around The Sun by DrayZee: 2:54pm On Mar 25, 2016
adeashaye:
Thank you, nobilis. DrayZee, when I got out of my house this afternoon I noticed a big ring around the sun and it has kept me wondering.
It's an illusion
Re: The Big Ring Around The Sun by adeashaye(m): 4:11pm On Mar 25, 2016
Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Outcome Of D Meeting Held @ D Fed. Poly .EDE / Final Year Project Topics And Materials In History Education / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.