Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,354 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! (47661 Views)

8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You / What Hostel Life Has Taught Me / What Hostel Life Taught Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 25, 2017
Ksslib:

Calm down. Bail is free in theory, but not, in practical.

Hot plate is supposed to be illegal in theory but well, a different case in practical.

I know not of anybody in my tunnel(Hall 4) who used kerosene for one day throughout last semester, save for my deeper life roommate who doesn't want to offend the holy spirit with a much more cheaper, cleaner and energy efficient way of cooking.

Porters will do nothing. Some will attempt to seize it but na wash. Inshort, last semester was so free that people were using hotplates without locking their doors. It was like the management told the porters not to seize hotplates again but refused them telling us.

Na your small pocket money you want take waste on kerosene in this choking recession? The school perfectly understands this, so you have nothing to worry.

Even during the era when hotplate use was as grave as sinning against the holy spirit, na 100naira or 2h we take dey bail am.
hehe the emboldened quote got me rotflmao grin :-D.
I'm a deeper lifer and i can relate to that due to paul's epistle were he said
" he needs a conscience void of offence between God and man" but my own case is an exception.
Man must survive
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by RobinHez(m): 10:17am On Oct 25, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
so if my hostel application is successful and i park into the hostel u mean the porters won't conduct any thorough search search of luggages? Wow goodnews i go carry my grandpapa Dane Gun put for my luggage if so

Lol

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 25, 2017
RobinHez:

Lol
lastly hope the success of hostel application is feasible to all freshers who applied for it
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by RobinHez(m): 12:22pm On Oct 25, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
lastly hope the success of hostel application is feasible to all freshers who applied for it

Not to all!, the hostel space is limited, but there's a considerable chance for most students.
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by Proxy001(m): 8:42am On Oct 26, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
u mean hotplate isn't allowed in the hostel?
Ksslib ray360 robinhez

officially naaah, but students use it though. most times Potters see students using the stuff, but they might ignore depending on their mood I guess. but they become red eyed when they are officially inspecting on selected days usually accompanied by the dean of students or a representative.
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by prolifekits: 1:48am On Oct 29, 2017
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by Gr8Nez(m): 3:45pm On Oct 29, 2017
Ksslib:

Source:Ksslib .. Repping the greatest #Uniben# cool
Lol op na correct uniben boy
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by harustotle(m): 7:03pm On Oct 29, 2017
Nice one bro. Reping unilorin lagos male hostel
Re: 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! by Tollypelly: 6:33pm On Feb 28, 2019
Reminds me of my 200level in school.. A squatter telling me anything I have is also His!.. Would buy foodstuff and other useful stuff and the next time I check, I'll feel like crying.. Good memories though!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker / Five Things I Regret Doing At The University. / Photo Of The Kenyan Student Expelled From School Over "Occultic Drawing"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.