Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience (19519 Views)

Lady Loses N15,000 At An ATM Queue In Lagos / Lady Shows The N1000 Note Dispensed To Her By An ATM In Lagos / See The Torn N1000 Note I Got From An ATM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by shrewd1(m): 9:01pm On Mar 26, 2016
We were chatting on tinder for a while, so I asked for a hook up. Yaba was the venue and it was a cool evening.

I thought to make withdrawals before going but considering I was already late, I had to rush down with the last cash I had. Believe you me, we had talked briefly and I went for our orders only to be declined on my card. This was on both my ATM cards.

I stepped out to some banks around and like my yoruba brothers would say 'iro'! no show. I learnt later that my cards were damaged. I was lucky she was kind enough to bail us out with her atm. I couldn't eat nor chat.

Fidelity bank? Phew!
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Jozzy1063: 9:15pm On Mar 26, 2016
I hv got myself injured wit laughing. U people should stop comments I beg u.
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by dsauce: 9:15pm On Mar 26, 2016
MoneypassGod:
Sometime ago i was broke and didn't hav a dime on me, salary hasn't been paid. Not a single drop of water at home. Later my elder bros sent 4k and as i received d alert i left immediately with a sigh of relieve to withdraw it. Took me about 30 mins to trek to d bank. The nearest bank was diamond bank. As i tried to withraw d 4k it started to count but then stopped counting and my ATM card came out of d machine by itself, and no money was paid. Phew... I quickly left to UBA, d queue there was a bit long. Wen it was about to get to my turn 4 persons came out of d blue and said they were there b4 me. D kind drag wey drag, i later allowed dem to withdraw. Den it got to my turn all eyes was on me. As i tried to withdraw 4k it said insufficient fund. Wat! wot d hell. Tried withdrawing 3k said same thing. I was trying to process wot was happenin wen someone shouted frm behind ''press 'NO' now''. I felt mortified as i left d bank. It was after i hav gone out of d bank dat i received a message tellin me 4k has been deducted frm my account wen i tried to withdrwa money frm diamond bank. No be small thin dat day. Till now d 4k hasn,t been revesrsed.

@ bolded. Did u lodge complaints to ur bank and do follow up? Av bin debited in error a number of times and i got my money back within 48hrs after lodging complaints, some sef i dont lodge any complaints and i get my money back a few hours later
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by dsauce: 9:16pm On Mar 26, 2016
folks4luv:
mine was a bank, there was an robbery attack then in firstbank, so d bank didn't open for a while, I used d last money I had to transport my self to d town d bank was located, got there n was told d bank wasn't working yet. couldn't cry, i had to trek bk to my plc o, more than 2 hours trek o. wasn't funny

eyahhhh. Sorry
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by princejones(m): 9:20pm On Mar 26, 2016
I had a very bitter experience and it was in lagos way zenith bank atm debited my intercontinental bank card as of then as uptill now my 20k was not refunded even after filling form in my branch for more than 3times.l have forgotten about the money and move on
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by dsauce: 9:20pm On Mar 26, 2016
phollybee:
I remembered wen the Machine Ceased my Card with no Penny in my Pocket and it was a Day dat I was to travel to meet my Bae in her school,with the believe that in few hours, I wud show up!
Mehnn, I became so worried, I tried all my possible best to make d journey but to no avail,
She was so mad at me afterwards without listening to my own reasonz for not showing up!
Chai! A T M!

dats what we call double wahala lolzz
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Seeeeeeee: 9:25pm On Mar 26, 2016
onuwaje:
Mine was last month
As a corps member when ur 19800 naira pops up it feels like u got a million in den if u knw waam saying grin

Went to oja oba in ado ekiti and i was short on funds so i collected 500 naira from a friend and den i went to d nearest bank around ajilosun area with a boarded bike for 50 naira . The queue was mad i left d bank went to anoda bank just after fayose market for 70 naira and den d atm was saying something i didnt want to read den i boarded anoda bike to old garage for 70naira after waiting for my turn after almost 30 mins it said i shud contact my bank. I said maybe na network. I proceeded to bank road from old garage for 100naira and tried all d atms And yet nutin. I resigned to fate amd decided to gome home den i took a bike from bank road to basiri 80 bucks it was wen i got home that i realised it was a friday and how much i had left on me.
Wasnt a funny experience
CORP MEMBER NOT CORPS MEMBER
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by hope4nigeria(m): 9:27pm On Mar 26, 2016
dsauce:
Have u ever been left stranded by not being able to withdraw from an ATM,especially when u are in dire need of cash?. How did u handle this and ur reaction.

Let me share my own lil scenario. I  was very CLOSE to been stranded if not for my diamond ATM card that bailed me out.

I got to my bank (FCMB which is d only acct i knw i av a substantial amount) to withdraw but on getting there,none of the ATM was working so i had to use another bank. To cut the long story short, i was debited without money been dispensed.

I was so confused and started sweating lol, then suddenly i remember i av less than #1000 on my DIAMOND  account which i rarely use. U need to see how i was praying inwardly for the machine to dispense #500 which would actually be sufficient for my transport fare to ibadan.

All dis happened at Ijebu ode,and i dont knw anybody there that i could av collected money from cos i was on TRANSIT . Maybe na ENDURANCE "SUFFERING" TREK i for do to reach ibadan,the scary thing was that all this happened around 7pm in the evening in a town where i know NOBODY. Let me hear your own experience(s).
Op no just go there oooooo, I don't want to remember mine till I die, I trek from from Wuse to kubbwa! OMG! E no go beter for sky baank, the worst. Was I had to spend #6000, entring drop to the bank before my debited #40k was reverse after 2wks! Its not funny! Since then I dashed them the #2k left in the accnt. Untill they sent me msg 1day that my bal is insufficient to deduct #100 monthly ATM! Imagine that? E pain me I can't reply that spam mesge, I for tell them somting wey go colapse the bank for ever!!!
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by dsauce: 9:29pm On Mar 26, 2016
doskie:
that land I served there. trust me no one would have given you a penny. no free ride. you would have trekked back. in lagos I have seen a blind begger come to deposit 40k in access bank. in my city benin; beggers use good chains, good phones and they look good. but in ijebu, the beggers look like mad men. nobody gives them even old eba. very stingy people.

bro u bad gan oo, see as u finished ijebu people
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by udysweet(f): 9:32pm On Mar 26, 2016
Hahaha. Yes o. Twice(1st one I'd mentioned on ths forum b4) so I'll jus mention d 2nd one dat hapnd recently,infact last month in uyo.
I'd travelled to my hometown in uyo and had packed. my stuff to cm bak the next day. My aunt followed me to GTbank and I withdrew 10k,gave her 3k and was left wit 7k and 3k tucked in my purse smwer. Na so we enter itam market(dos in uyo shd knw)and I bought small tings hoping I'll spend max 3k to buy small items to bring bak t lagos. Naso I see one beta smoked fish,I come tk insid my tfare back to lagos(I'd budgeted 7k)tak buy d fish cos it was cheap,lol. In my mind I'll jus go and tak 2k more and add to cover up. I visited anoda "mummy" afta we left d market and I dashed her 1k(dos village pple can lament,lol)
And so I was left wit 3k(mind u bus is 5k,oda expenses I'd budgeted 2k)
Naim I bounce to d nearest ATM(unity bank along ikot ekpene) opened my purse and dipped hands to bring out my atm,I cldnt find it! And because I heard wonderful stories abt Itam market I was extra careful wit my purse. Naim I begin wonder weda dem charm am comot fr my purse. Then it struck me! I ddnt remove it in d morn wen I went to GTB. Infact I jus weak. This was past 5pm ,banks wld av closed no way I can evn go and reaaply for one or witdraw over d counter. Omo see fone calls,upon calls. My aunty I dashed 3k,na my front she spend 2k in d market,lol! She was sayin we'll see bus to lag for 3k(in my mind I was lik evn non AC bus is 4k,and I hav 3k,not evn enof for dat let alone buy water on d road and eat sef,lol)
Was one of my dear friend and sister in lag who did a transfer to my diamond bank(luckily I had dat atm wit me but no kobo in d acct) in lag. When I saw 3k alert I started singing korede bello's song o,hahaha. Na so my money rise up to 6k. And to crown it all up,one of my cousins whom I jus got to meet for d 1st time,dash me 1k dat morning afta boarding my bus(na so my money complete 7k back ,lol)
Till today I wonder how I wld hav left atm in d machine(mind u I'd called to hav dem block it quick to avoid stories dat touch,lol)
Happy easter NLers!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by sharpman1(m): 9:34pm On Mar 26, 2016
Lol.

I offered to buy lunch for a lady that came to my office as an IT consultant.

On the way to the restaurant, I asked to stop at the ATM to withdraw cash na so the ATM messed up. All the ATM's in that vicinity did not work.

Fortunately she was understanding and we went home without having lunch together.
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Yuneehk(f): 9:36pm On Mar 26, 2016
It was on Friday. I had no cash in my account and dad said he was gonna pay in some money so I wouldnt starve during the weekend. I was a fresher in ABSU. After lectures, i borrowed #100(#40 bike from hostel to sch gate and #60 to town) from a friend in the hostel so as to transport myself to Okigwe, Imo state where banks are. I got to Ecobank's atm and did all the stuffs and i saw "insufficient fund". Na so i check account balance and found out the money my dad sent hadn't reflected. Oh lawd! Naso i begin cry. Lols! I sent my dad "call me sms" so he'd call my cousin in school to come get me. As I was crying and telling him on the phone, a kindhearted lady overheard the convo and told me she'd pay my tfare back to school. Hols finally came! Naso i go house go open acct with FBN.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by fashbaba: 9:36pm On Mar 26, 2016
I don wakaka reach over 12 banks now! I no see money colet for atm. I no get shishi for hand. I go samma d 2trophy oshofree beers sleep like dt. Wish I no go dey more hungry with dis shayo...
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by bluntspade: 9:41pm On Mar 26, 2016
prettythicksme:
Yes!but a guy help me out,dont ask me how. cheesy
u get atm?
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by MoneypassGod(m): 9:43pm On Mar 26, 2016
dsauce:

@ bolded. Did u lodge complaints to ur bank and do follow up? Av bin debited in error a number of times and i got my money back within 48hrs after lodging complaints, some sef i dont lodge any complaints and i get my money back a few hours later
Guy its over a month now and still nothing. I have filled and submitted a form given to me, yet nothing. Wenever i go to check, they keep saying d reveral is still processing. My bank is access bank and they said if i had done d withdrawal frm access bank it wouldn't hav taken long. I hav even given up on d money.
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by dsauce: 9:46pm On Mar 26, 2016
hope4nigeria:
Op no just go there oooooo, I don't want to remember mine till I die, I trek from from Wuse to kubbwa! OMG! E no go beter for sky baank, the worst. Was I had to spend #6000, entring drop to the bank before my debited #40k was reverse after 2wks! Its not funny! Since then I dashed them the #2k left in the accnt. Untill they sent me msg 1day that my bal is insufficient to deduct #100 monthly ATM! Imagine that? E pain me I can't reply that spam mesge, I for tell them somting wey go colapse the bank for ever!!!

hahahaha... funny u
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by petkoffdrake2(m): 9:48pm On Mar 26, 2016
Gracito:
We finished exams around 6 that day. Na my last 30 naira I use go department. I trekked from management to bank. The machines refused to pay, na like that I use leg reach ifite gate, because I Couldn't C empty bus to even beg[color=][/color] cry cry

U didn't call me... I for lend u grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by lionlee216(m): 9:49pm On Mar 26, 2016
onuwaje:
Mine was last month all d atms And yet nutin. I resigned to fate amd decided to gome home den i took a bike from bank road to basiri 80 bucks it wasw much i had left on me.
Wasnt a funny experience

Area G, God catch yu

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 26, 2016
Yuneehk:
It was on Friday. I had no cash in my account and dad said he was gonna pay in some money so I wouldnt starve during the weekend. I was a fresher in ABSU. After lectures, i borrowed #100(#40 bike from hostel to sch gate and #60 to town) from a friend in the hostel so as to transport myself to Okigwe, Imo state where banks are. I got to Ecobank's atm and did all the stuffs and i saw "insufficient fund". Na so i check account balance and found out the money my dad sent hadn't reflected. Oh lawd! Naso i begin cry. Lols! I sent my dad "call me sms" so he'd call my cousin in school to come get me. As I was crying and telling him on the phone, a kindhearted lady overheard the convo and told me she'd pay my tfare back to school. Hols finally came! Naso i go house go open acct with FBN.

awww... daddy's pet. tongue
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by SleemBadGuy(m): 10:01pm On Mar 26, 2016
HomeOfMe:
This just happened to me this evening around5pm. Went to withdraw a little cash at Stanbic ogba branch;after all my Easter plans.got to the ATM,I was debited without the machine dispensing-it's frustrating.

Lol Really..Guess I saw u as u walked past me with a "not so happy" look on ur face ..I was dere 2..Some Kinda Coincidence ... wink
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by adam4success(m): 10:03pm On Mar 26, 2016
I experience my own today around 4pm.I used my stanbicibtc card to withdraw at access bank atm.I was debited and d atm did not pay me
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Neddyned(m): 10:05pm On Mar 26, 2016
it was terrible. did a lot of trekking cause I had no money with me.
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Tonydeeb(m): 10:05pm On Mar 26, 2016
hope4nigeria:

hahaha...e be like sey you don dey vex fa!...take am easy, they just dey test your patience ni.
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by femifemo123: 10:06pm On Mar 26, 2016
hakinze00:
It just happened to me lyk 30mins ago,after trekking a very long distance,getting there there was no network in any of the atms,I had to trek home empty handed again,now I dnt knw ow I will get to church 2mro cry
Bros trek to church tmrw.. you will be glad you did grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Kazrem(m): 10:09pm On Mar 26, 2016
Jarus:

During the search for Mrs Jarus.

I was going to Minna, Niger state, to check on a potential Mrs Jarus.

I don't like keeping cash with me, so just withdrew 20k at the Lagos MMIA ATM and used 17k to pay for Lagos-Abuja ticket.

I got to Abuja airport and tried withdrawing more cash for continuation of my journey by road to Minna. Na so GTB ATM dey tell story.

I thought it was a temporary thing and felt it would be fine before I got to the park.

I got an airport cab that charged me 3500. Although I had 3k with me, I was sure the ATM would be working before I got to our destination: Utako park.

We got to the park and I entered the nearest bank, a Zenith Bank, to withdraw more money, give the cab man 3500, used the remaining as fare to Minna etc.

Same story: can't withdraw. I was sweating, lamenting, calling my friends in GTB to tell them the mess GTB had put me into in Abuja. A friend that worked in their Head Office contacted their IT and they gave him feedback that it was ageneral issue they're fixing on that Saturday.

I was raking on, raising voice against my GTB friends as if they were the ones responsibility.

The taxi man collected the 3k left with me and left short of 500.

I was still lamenting in front of the bank, trying the ATM every 3 minutes.

1 hour, 2 hours, no show.

I had no dime left with me.

I narrated my ordeal to the bank security guy who saw me apprehensive, and he offered to give me 1k.

Abuja-mInna was 800 so I used the 1k to pay for fare and had 200 left on me. I got to Minna likee 2 hours later and I headed straight to the nearest ATM. It worked!

I returned to Abuja next day en route Lagos, but because I was rushing to catch my flight, couldn't go to the Utoko park to thank nd refund the bank guy.

On my next visit to Abuja like 2 months later, I went to that Zenith branch to thank the guy and refund him. He wasn't on duty that day, but his friend on duty collected it and gave him next day. I think he called
Nigerians we are good people.
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by dejonathan(f): 10:11pm On Mar 26, 2016
[quote author=HomeOfMe post=44135556]This just happened to me this evening around5pm. Went to withdraw a little cash at Stanbic ogba branch;after all my Easter plans.got to the ATM,I was debited without the machine dispensing-it's frustrating.[/quotena which area you dey stay for ogba...I just dey ask cos na ishaga me dey oo
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 26, 2016
bluntspade:
u get atm?
Me wey no get bank acct cry
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by hakinze00(m): 10:15pm On Mar 26, 2016
femifemo123:

Bros trek to church tmrw.. you will be glad you did grin
hahaha I am still considering it
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Yuneehk(f): 10:16pm On Mar 26, 2016
Ioannes:

awww... daddy's pet. tongue
That's meeeecheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by oseiwe(m): 10:17pm On Mar 26, 2016
Mine was wen I spent an extra night at a hotel, I decided to use the ATM dere to withdraw cash to pay and collect transport fare back to base, d machine siezed my card! Fortunately, d bankers came 3hrs later on a monday morning.
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 26, 2016
Yuneehk:
That's meeeecheesy cheesy
so I see. lol.
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by iyaegin: 10:40pm On Mar 26, 2016
My job entails refunding money after the ATM has done its wonders so you can bet ave seen and experienced all the stories and also felt the pain of customers when stranded. So i only feel this fear when am low on cash and i have to withdraw my last funds at night and there is no other option omo you need to see me praying that no dispense error abeg oh. But on a regular day ehat i have come to do is to ensure i never have all my funds in one bank becos there can just be an issue nd you need to switch to another card sharp sharp.
Also as a rule i never withdraw more than 20k at a time no matter the ATM infact sometimes i break withdrawals to 15k and whatever extra i need just to avoid embarrassment. Withdrawing 40k at once is near suicidal unless if your account pepper rest well.
Once i use another bank ATM and get issuer or switch response i do a balance enquiry first at the next ATM so i know whether ave been debitted or not, that i where i have experienced my own gbege, i got issuer or switch and went to another bank not knowing i had been debitted omo see wahala, had to beg my way out that day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Palm Credit Asking For Card Pin / Filling Station In Nnewi Gutted By Fire This Morning (photos) / How To Start An Online Store With No Money And Make Profit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.