Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,890 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 (24621 Views)

"My NYSC Camp Experience" – Owolabi Ajasa / Ebonyi Corper Shares His Orientation Camp Experience – A Corper’s Tale / My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by Jombojombo(m): 3:45pm On Mar 31, 2016
BecaciaBarbie:

Lol thanks a lot, tho I'm.still serving hehehe

You really had fun in Camp... I hope to be in Iseyin camp too come next month A16,

Pls which batch are u?
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by BecaciaBarbie(f): 5:05pm On Mar 31, 2016
Jombojombo:

You really had fun in Camp... I hope to be in Iseyin camp too come next month A16,

Pls which batch are u?
By His Grace you will dear.

I'm in Batch B, stream2 cheesy
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by BecaciaBarbie(f): 5:11pm On Mar 31, 2016
agrovick:
Every time I remember issele uku orientation camp and the conditions at okpe Kingdom, I'm tempted to curse Delta State govt and the officials of NYSC Delta.
Enjoy Oyo State, I will have to disagree about the cost of living in ibadan though; food is cheap, transportation is cheap, relatively housing is cheap too
Awwwwwwwwh and I almost chose Delta state, thank God I didn't Lol.

Oh yes you are right, I'm not really saying its so expensive, I'm just saying the cost of living in Oyo state compared to Ib is extremely cheap.
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by agrovick(m): 6:28pm On Mar 31, 2016
BecaciaBarbie:

Awwwwwwwwh and I almost chose Delta state, thank God I didn't Lol.

Oh yes you are right, I'm not really saying its so expensive, I'm just saying the cost of living in Oyo state compared to Ib is extremely cheap.
Stop rubbing it in jor.
I hope you know Ib is in Oyo state? I guess you were referring to Oyo town though (I'm not familiar with the local government where your ppa is)
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by Omobolaji20(m): 10:21pm On Mar 31, 2016
nicee one @op.

I hope to witness such a wonderful experience too come october!!!

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by Jombojombo(m): 2:28am On Apr 02, 2016
BecaciaBarbie:
Nice
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by lakefist(m): 11:53am On Apr 27, 2016
BecaciaBarbie:

Yes its really nice, just try to be at the camp a day before it opens.

Well, about cost of living it all depends on where you get posted to! While I was in camp I wanted IB so much but later I decided to accept where ever I get posted to. Today I'm glad I didn't get IB, cause the cost of living in IB is really expensive and most of my friends went through a lot getting accommodation, while I had already started feeling at home in the free accommodation my school gave me. They posted me to a lg called "Kajola" its quite far but nice. My school is in a little town called Isemile, surrounded by nice and mighty rocks....trust me, you'd love the place. We also get free foodstuffs from the people around us, the lodge given to us by the school is highly conducive! 1 person to a room and the roads are very very very good! Almost, in fact 90% of the roads there are tarred, be it a street road or highways....so its a cool place unlike Ibadan. The cost of living here is also extremely cheap and the people are nice and friendly. So my advise is, don't try to be desperate for IB like most people would, just let God take control!

Accommodation is cheap only agency fee is added that made it expensive. Any other thing in Ibadan is cheap. i came to serve in Oyo got my ppa in Ibadan and after service i never wanted to go back. I settled down and got married grin.

6 Likes

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by lakefist(m): 11:54am On Apr 27, 2016
I served at the temporary site but it was still fun all the way.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by Vikkiboi(m): 2:41pm On May 17, 2016
blessedgal:
hmmm,I just hope I will be posted to Oyo

Eyah, happy for you dear. incase you don't have someone to help work it to ibadan, kindly message pls.

Congrat! wishing you the best.
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 21, 2016
BecaciaBarbie:
My Camp Experience.

It was a sunny day, the roads were extremely busy with people trying to get to one place or the other most were on business basis. I was in a Business center, typing some documents for my dad, completely exhausted I was, when I heard the beep of my phone. Of course I thought, it was one of those random SMS being sent to us by our numerous networks. I almost ignored, but my friend's name on the message notification got my attention. The message read "Funmi, call up letter is out." My heart skipped a beat instantly, cause I can vividly recall that weeks ago I chose 3 different states I wish to be deployed to for my NYSC service. Oyo was my first, others were chosen out of no options.
I quickly logged in to my NYSC account, opened the page and gbam! There it was.." I got Oyo,"

Fast forward to the day I left for camp. I decided to leave for camp a day before it was opened officially.
I slept with so much excitements that night and i just couldn't wait for the next day to come so I could pack my baggage and embark on this amazing journey, though have no idea what it holds for me but I knew it was going to be really exciting.
The journey to Oyo from Lagos lasted for about 3hours, and I enjoyed every bit of it.
I arrived at Iseyin camp in Oyo state at exactly 2:30pm. I got down from the bus, saw a big direction board with inscription on it " Welcome to National youth service corps, Iseyin Camp, Oyo state....i waa filled with ecstasy. The atmosphere and environment felt so great and welcoming and i couldn't believe my eyes, when I saw the amazing beautiful building structures of Iseyin camp.
I have heard so many sour stories about different NYSC camps all around the country, but Iseyin is an exception!! I need to admit that I was wowed by the buildings, the colours, the hostels, the parade ground, the pavilion etc Iseyin camp is a camp you can call a home indeed. Aside these beautiful structures, the most amazing part is the Constant electricity and water. I'll say this is the best camp in Nigeria.
The first night was a wonderful one, I slept peacefully like a baby.
The weather was so cold and my bed really soft I almost forgot I wasn't home. The screechings from the bunks woke me up, opened an eye, saw some of my room mates trying to get ready for the real day! "Yes...Welcome to the fun, stressful and most anticipated NYSC Orientation" I told my self.
The first day of the registration was quite stressful and filled with so much fun as well, I also noticed the friendly nature of the Military men and women , so I felt really comfortable. The registration lasted for some few hours, then my kit...the kit I have been dreaming of all my life was handed to me..and yes, i was so excited, I couldn't wait to put it on.
4pm sharp, the trumpet was blown. I got confused as to what the alert was for, until I saw my other Corps members putting on their whites and others running down the parade ground, it was then i realized it was an alarm made to alert corps members on where to be. Fortunately i was on my whites too, so I joined them on the parade and that marked the beginning of my NYSC camp experience.
After the parade, I felt so tired I couldn't even check my phone for news and updates like I do every night before retiring to bed. I had my shower and off to bed.
Same thing happened the next day, then I started getting used to it all.
Number 6 Platoon...
My Platoon leader, his name " Sergeant Muhammad." A very funny leader and yes extremely disciplined. He's such a man, that knows how to instill knowledge on people in a way that makes them learn so fast without so much efforts.
I made some great friends in my Platoon and we all started getting accustomed to each other as each day passes by.
The third day, I woke up from the noises around my hostel... My eyes were still dim, then I looked up at my window...my 7/7 Nysc Uniform neatly hanged. It was "Swearing in Day" I thought in excitement. The day we have all been waiting for is finally here "The day we all get sworn in as National youths corps members."
I jumped from my bed, had a quick prayer and shower. Put on my 7/7 uniform, then a thought came to my mind " in few hours to come, I'd no longer be an "Otondo" like fresher's are commonly called. Today I'll be a corper, and I couldn't wait to serve my nation..."My Father's land".
The swearing in, ended successfully! All I could hear after the cerempny were clicks of cameras, laughter and cheering from different corps members. I could see the excitements on everyone's face. I smiled and thanked God for a day like this. This is a dream come true.

My Hostel- Olubadan Hostel.
I have great room mates and my Hostel mistress is indeed a woman you can call a mother. The hostel feels like a home to me, I wished we wouldn't have to leave so soon.

Camp comes with so much exciting experiences, from the long queues under the scorching sun, to the parades, the social activities, the punishments, the funny people around, the delicious food, the mami market, the petty traders, the camera men following corpers around like flies, the allowances, the military men and women snatching away our freedoms, and so forth.

In conclusion, I'll say I am having the best camp experience ever!
Iseyin Camp, Oyo state is a place to be, a place you can always call a home.
I like this. Oyo is my dream state for service o, I pray I get Oyo after reading this. grin

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by BecaciaBarbie(f): 5:39pm On Nov 27, 2016
Odirahc:
I like this. Oyo is my dream state for service o, I pray I get Oyo after reading this. grin
Awwwwwwwh....you got what you wanted?
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by WILLYBABS(m): 12:09am On Nov 28, 2016
agrovick:
Every time I remember issele uku orientation camp and the conditions at okpe Kingdom, I'm tempted to curse Delta State govt and the officials of NYSC Delta.
Enjoy Oyo State, I will have to disagree about the cost of living in ibadan though; food is cheap, transportation is cheap, relatively housing is cheap too
Okpe, I served in Okpe too...Adeje secondary school. Who you be?
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by WILLYBABS(m): 12:10am On Nov 28, 2016
BecaciaBarbie:

The first lady in the gele pix is my church member in Warri... her name is Evimena Grace.
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by agrovick(m): 8:53am On Nov 28, 2016
WILLYBABS:
Okpe, I served in Okpe too...Adeje secondary school. Who you be?

Served in Burutu, Okpe Kingdom is what we called that male hostel that is shaped in form of a square.
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by WILLYBABS(m): 10:44am On Nov 28, 2016
agrovick:

Served in Burutu, Okpe Kingdom is what we called that male hostel that is shaped in form of a square.
Oh! I served under Okpe LGA, Warri South Zone, Burutu is under too. I stayed in Okpe Kingdom too, that big but dirty hostel. Batch B 2016, stream 2
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by agrovick(m): 6:16pm On Nov 28, 2016
WILLYBABS:
Oh! I served under Okpe LGA, Warri South Zone, Burutu is under too. I stayed in Okpe Kingdom too, that big but dirty hostel. Batch B 2016, stream 2

I was with A'15, bathing outside was the order of the day plus having to go all the way to that hostel in front of the administrative block to fetch water.

Crazy place mhen.
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by BCMI(f): 12:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
Cannt wait to serve in oyo state
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by WILLYBABS(m): 11:10am On Nov 30, 2016
agrovick:

I was with A'15, bathing outside was the order of the day plus having to go all the way to that hostel in front of the administrative block to fetch water.

Crazy place mhen.
Thank God it's allover now, praying for next level
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 30, 2016
BecaciaBarbie:

Lol thanks a lot, tho I'm.still serving hehehe
lol,it all started in yabatech ba? I was in camp with you Batch B stream 1 2015. I stayed in ajimobi hall, I attended yabatech too,Mech Eng. Nairaland afforded me the opportunity to get to know you,you were very active on the nysc forum. The moment I noticed you was when you asked for help on locating iseyin camp;from then,i started reading all your writings. I promised myself I was going to locate you in camp,but then, activities in camp made me rescind unconsciously on that promise.
Is life after service fun for you? For me,i made a decision to learn a biz.
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by BecaciaBarbie(f): 1:21pm On Feb 07, 2017
illuminated93:
lol,it all started in yabatech ba? I was in camp with you Batch B stream 1 2015. I stayed in ajimobi hall, I attended yabatech too,Mech Eng. Nairaland afforded me the opportunity to get to know you,you were very active on the nysc forum. The moment I noticed you was when you asked for help on locating iseyin camp;from then,i started reading all your writings. I promised myself I was going to locate you in camp,but then, activities in camp made me rescind unconsciously on that promise.
Is life after service fun for you? For me,i made a decision to learn a biz.
Awwwwwwh this is so sweet!!!!
Actually I was in batch A stream 2....anyways where were you posted to??
Hunmmmmm....life after service has been really great, thanks to God Almighty who helped me in achieving my dream of being a fashion designer withing the short period of my service year. Now I make dresses and sell them, and I'm also into other things like working for my Dad who has a tax consulting firm. I ain't ready to work for any company or serve any stranger, so I'm really working hard to building my self up into something really big, may God help us all. How about you?
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 2:22pm On Oct 09, 2021
BecaciaBarbie:

Hehehehe

If you got posted to Oyo state, you are likely to be allocated in Ajimobi hostel " The biggest hostel with about 700 occupants" Lol sounds scary ba? But trust me, if you don't get that hostel, you'll never enjoy your camp life grin it is the best male hostel!!! No dulling for one moment! As a female, I wanted to spend just one night in Ajimobi hostel....I was desperate about it Lol grin but unfortunately I couldn't. In the female hostels, for instance mine...Olubadan, we were just 40occupants, so no noise and so forth....I'll post pics wink
General hygiene is extremely okay, though I can't really say much for the guys cause I didn't visit their hostel much, but it is well tiled, fans, constant water, constant electricity etc
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 by sunnymighty(m): 1:19pm On Oct 10, 2021
[quote author=Xilsbridalhouse post=106586915][/quote]
If you are a graduate of Special Education and have been posted to Ibadan, preferably a female, please contact 07087924283.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nobody Asked Abia Corpers To Leave The State On Or Before October 1st - NYSC / Nysc Has Been Scrapped / Photo: Lost But Found NYSC Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.