Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Please Stop Setting Our Markets On Fire!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Stop Setting Our Markets On Fire!!! (1712 Views)

Herdsmen Killing: Stop Setting Up Committees, Tackle D Issues At Hand- DESPSOMET / Free Fruits Donated By Saudi Arabia To Nigerian IDPs Being Sold In Markets.Photo / Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Stop Setting Our Markets On Fire!!! by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 26, 2016
I was lost in thinking today concerning this latest trend of setting markets outside Igbolands on fire by some unscrupulous elements, and I was left wondering: Why this majorly occur in markets, either in the North or South West?

What actually is causing these fire outbreaks?

Though some attributed the cause to be from electrical fault, but I ask, does these electrical faults always affect markets outside Igboland?

I think there is more to these that we've not figured out.

3 Likes

Re: Please Stop Setting Our Markets On Fire!!! by ojnnaco(m): 9:57pm On Mar 26, 2016
They is more to this than we can think .
This is stalk wickedness in action , just to frustrate the labour of they fellow man .
Re: Please Stop Setting Our Markets On Fire!!! by rheether(f): 10:01pm On Mar 26, 2016
Tribalistic maggot! Why not say IPOB are responsible for it.

4 Likes

Re: Please Stop Setting Our Markets On Fire!!! by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 26, 2016
ojnnaco:
They is more to this than we can think .
This is stalk wickedness in action , just to frustrate the labour of they fellow man .
I think so brotherly

1 Like

Re: Please Stop Setting Our Markets On Fire!!! by chriskosherbal(m): 10:06pm On Mar 26, 2016
Let the government handle the case.
Re: Please Stop Setting Our Markets On Fire!!! by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 26, 2016
rheether:
Tribalistic maggot! Why not say IPOB are responsible for it.
Madam you check am nah! Under a year alone, how many markets have you read that was gutted by fire?

Just tell you kinsmen to stop setting our markets on fire

PEACE

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Stop Setting Our Markets On Fire!!! by lurex2rhyme(m): 10:22pm On Mar 26, 2016
wat an irony. isn't is suppose to be a northerner dat is d president d so call chief security officer n ur northern southwest states since u r so blind to blind d govt of d day. is deir primary essence nt to secure lives n properties. imagine d curb of senseless youths like d op we r nw hving yet we say we r ready to lead. even a 2yr old will neva write dis nonsensical rubbish. seun I stand 4 iq test b4 anymore is allow to join nl plz
Re: Please Stop Setting Our Markets On Fire!!! by Jaycool18(m): 10:28pm On Mar 26, 2016
Royal155:
Madam you check am nah! Under a year alone, how many markets have you read that was gutted by fire?

Just tell you kinsmen to stop setting our markets on fire

PEACE
how can a sane human being type such rubbish... What business do the igbos have with your shops
Re: Please Stop Setting Our Markets On Fire!!! by TheBiafran(m): 10:30pm On Mar 26, 2016
they are setting igbo dominated markets ablaze at night when little or nothing can be done about it
well, they dont want IGBOS in their places but we wont listen
very bad i tell you but it is for our own good.
innoson will never complain of losing his investments, other IGBOS should be like him
to those burning down our markets, keep it up, God go judge una finish

3 Likes

Re: Please Stop Setting Our Markets On Fire!!! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 26, 2016
Jaycool18:
how can a sane human being type such rubbish... What business do the igbos have with your shops
Noted! Next tramp please
Re: Please Stop Setting Our Markets On Fire!!! by gwales: 10:36pm On Mar 26, 2016
[s]
TheBiafran:
they are setting igbo dominated markets ablaze at night when little or nothing can be done about it
well, they dont want IGBOS in their places but we wont listen
very bad i tell you but it is for our own good.
innoson will never complain of losing his investments, other IGBOS should be like him
to those burning down our markets, keep it up, God go judge una finish
[/s] no be your market only na your land heediot

3 Likes

Re: Please Stop Setting Our Markets On Fire!!! by Jaycool18(m): 10:41pm On Mar 26, 2016
Royal155:
Noted! Next tramp please
wanted to say something, buh after going through ur profile I decided to hold back...

Goodnight...
Re: Please Stop Setting Our Markets On Fire!!! by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 26, 2016
Alhaji and kunle know about it.

1 Like

Re: Please Stop Setting Our Markets On Fire!!! by ifyan(m): 12:37am On Mar 27, 2016
Why are you like this. Why must you associate negative things to a particular tribe.

Ignorance is truly a disease
Re: Please Stop Setting Our Markets On Fire!!! by Nobody: 5:31am On Mar 27, 2016
Ahah! What have the Igbo done to you? Is it our fault that we take good care of our markets? Or know simple tactics to avoid most fore outbreaks? This post just made me lose my hope in Nigeria
Re: Please Stop Setting Our Markets On Fire!!! by Nobody: 6:03am On Mar 27, 2016
Your thinking is faulty, sentimental and dangerous. Do you know how many gallons of fuel are in each market because of lack of power? Can you count the number of generators in any market?

There's no sufficient safety plan and orientation. Even if the fire service respond on time, where's the access into the market. It's time we look forward by replanning our market layouts, enforcing that shop owners attend a compulsory fire training by the Fire Service Team.

This is how continuous improvement sets the pace for growth thereby preventing recurrence of any fire incident.

TrueSenator has Spoken undecided

Royal155:
I was lost in thinking today concerning this latest trend of setting markets outside Igbolands on fire by some unscrupulous elements, and I was left wondering: Why this majorly occur in markets, either in the North or South West?

Though some attributed the cause to be from electrical fault, but I ask, does these electrical faults always affect markets outside Igboland?

1 Like

Re: Please Stop Setting Our Markets On Fire!!! by highpriest4: 6:40am On Mar 27, 2016
Royal155:

http://www.authorityngr.com/2015/12/One-killed-5-injured-15-shops-burnt-in-Onitsha-Market-fire/

1 Like

Re: Please Stop Setting Our Markets On Fire!!! by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 27, 2016
TrueSenator:
Your thinking is faulty, sentimental and dangerous. Do you know how many gallons of fuel are in each market because of lack of power? Can you count the number of generators in any market?

There's no sufficient safety plan and orientation. Even if the fire service respond on time, where's the access into the market. It's time we look forward by replanning our market layouts, enforcing that shop owners attend a compulsory fire training by the Fire Service Team.

This is how continuous improvement sets the pace for growth thereby preventing recurrence of any fire incident.

TrueSenator has Spoken undecided

So you want to tell me that there are no such gallons of fuel and generators at the various markets in Igboland abi? Why must the outbreaks occur at nights?

Think about it sir...
Happy Easter

1 Like

Re: Please Stop Setting Our Markets On Fire!!! by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 27, 2016
gwales:
no be your market only na your land heediot

Typical yoruba man.

1 Like

Re: Please Stop Setting Our Markets On Fire!!! by PentiumPro(f): 10:35am On Mar 27, 2016
Foolish mindset.
Re: Please Stop Setting Our Markets On Fire!!! by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 27, 2016
Happy Easter my dear...... Please gone are the days we blame villagers for a problem in the city. We must imbibe standard safety practices inorder to protect our investments.
There's so much hatred already so let's promote the truth and peace.

Royal155:
So you want to tell me that there are no such gallons of fuel and generators at the various markets in Igboland abi? Why must the outbreaks occur at nights?

Think about it sir...
Happy Easter
Re: Please Stop Setting Our Markets On Fire!!! by coolitempa(f): 3:54pm On Mar 27, 2016
08xtr9r:
"IT IS TIME!!!!

The first time I watched the award winning Disney animation story of The Lion King with my kids, they were excited as the young lion's exuberance eventually ended in victory over his uncle Scar and the hyenas.

For me the best phrase was a simple but emphatic statement from the mystic monkey Rafigi, IT IS TIME.  That statement marked the beginning of a journey to recovery of their treasured pride abused by hyenas.

This statement should also be the watchword of all Igbo wherever we are. 
It is time to build our places and recover all that we have scattered all over the Nation.

Sadly, fire outbreak has always been the ploy by our hosts in Lagos and other places to dislodge our peoples booming businesses.

The Kano incident is no different.
My heart goes out to our people who have lost their investments in the incident.

We must take the message to our governors to make all parts straight in preparation for the new era of developing Ala Igbo.

Our efforts must double, using all available media to propagate this mission.

While we deliberate on all issues concerning our fate in this contraption called Nigeria, we must have it at the back of our minds, IT IS TIME. Happy Easter ndi nwe m" 

-Copied.

This psychopath is still here spreading hate...

(1) (Reply)

Picture Expressway Linking Abuja To Owo To Akure To Ibadan / Reply To Can Igbos Survive Without Lagos? / My Approval Ratings Are Still High – President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.