Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,355 members, 7,836,455 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria (15128 Views)

World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation / What Is Best Formation For The Super Eagles / 3 - 4 - 3 Formation For Super Eagles Against Algeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:45am On Mar 28, 2016
Montaque:
They should just stop their overhead passes. The ball should be played on the ground not in the air; we don't have good free kick and corner kick players.
Eagles are known for short level passes not long overhead volley.

I think the bad pitch contributed to that. Coach Siasia and Amunike like their teams holding the ball. At Alexandria, they will play on a better pitch. I expect the Super Eagles players to reduce the long thrust of the ball and focus more on short passes.

1 Like

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:46am On Mar 28, 2016
I agree Ambrose should be dropped but truth is we can't afford that now.

Based on the central defensive options we have in camp for such a crucial game, Ambrose is likely to pair Oboabona.

Who will come in if we drop Ambrose? Kalu Orji??

Mprepz:

from what I watched last match, Ambrose and Ahmed musa should be dropped!
Iwobi or iheanacho, one of them should start!

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by ukandi1(m): 11:46am On Mar 28, 2016
Moses simon was my best player of d day. We must avoid set pieces against d North Africans, be it Morocco or Egypt.
My fear was in dealing wit their corners and freekicks
Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 28, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Moses Simon is a good freekick taker.

lol.. he tried sha
still those his freekicks were off target
Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:55am On Mar 28, 2016
Aimuannose:
My fucking country Nigeria that cannot boast of a good playing pitch.My question is when will Nigeria ever boast of having a good pitch that can be compared to the ones in south Africa? I am not talking about Europe now. Small African countries like Tanzania, Gabon, Kenya, Mauritania etc have very good turfs/pitches but Nigeria's own is always an eyesore.The question is, is it that nobody is seeing it or we don't know.Bad pitches tend to hinder good play of football.I am a footballer and I know what I am talking about.Mark my word Nigeria is to play better in Alexendria Egypt because of the good pitch there.But we still must pray mother luck is on their side.

The worst part of the thing is that, although the pitches in Uyo and Port-Harcourt are not as good as those in Egypt and South Africa, they are better than the Kaduna pitch.

I wonder why Pinnick and his led NFF team chose to keep our foreign pros under tough conditions when they could get better conditions in Uyo and Port-Harcourt.

1 Like

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by Fkhalifa(m): 11:56am On Mar 28, 2016
Ighalo should come on as a sub, so he can hold up the ball, Also musa should come in late to tire them out with pace

Iwobi, Nacho,simon and Victor moses all should start

1 Like

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:02pm On Mar 28, 2016
You speak of just one game of "off-targets" on a bad pitch.

I speak of his actual ability and proven quality from freekicks.

He struck the post from a 25 yards freekick against Swaziland in the first leg of last year's 2nd round WCQ.

He then scored a near 25-30 yards freekick against the same Swaziland in the 2nd leg.

Those are recent showings of Moses from Freekicks. He was just unlucky in Kaduna.

Mprepz:

lol.. he tried sha
still those his freekicks were off target

1 Like

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:03pm On Mar 28, 2016
safarigirl:
all I'm saying....Ighalo's biggest problem was trying to reach for aerial balls against a taller Egyptian side.

Got to watch Brazil v. Uruguay last night and I can say that only one scoring chance came from an aerial ball the entire 90 minutes from both sides and it didn't go in.

Play the ball on the ground, using aerial balls is a lazy style of play, we need penetrating passes into the 18-yard box and if I remember clearly against Egypt, only Iwobi gave a penetrating pass to V.Moses, then Iheanacho's low shots were also penetrating. Anybody wey no sabi play ball for ground, make e no dey front 3.

Iwobi....Ighalo/Iheanacho....V.Moses should start in front 3. I no wan see that okada wey no get direction in the first 45 minutes

I also got to watch that game last night. Remember Renato Augusto's goal? Brazil's second goal that came from Neymar dropping deep and Renato running forward to receive the ball.

----------------Gustavo(DMF)-------------------Fernandinho(DMF)-----------
--------------------------------------Renato(CMF/AMF)--------------------------------
Willian(SS)-----------------------------------------------------------D. Costa(SS)
-------------------------------------Neymar(CF)------------------------------------------

A similar set up to the one I proposed.
Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:07pm On Mar 28, 2016
Mprepz:

ighalo plays better when he's paired with another intelligent striker ( deeney ) and we don't have any other ball playing striker! so what's ur suggestion?

Ighalo is on a goal drought. Even Deeney can not help him. Iheanacho is one of the brilliant support strikers a striker can wish for but it did not work for Ighalo.

It is time Ighalo reinvents himself. The likes of Cavani, Ibrahimovic, Lewandowski do more than wait for the ball. They run round the edges of the 18 yard box, drop deep, connect passes and shoot from far.
Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:11pm On Mar 28, 2016
ukandi1:

U dropped a player firing from all cylinders base on a preconceived perception of Onazi or base on current form? Ikeme is even ruled out of d showdown in Alexandria. Ur lineup cannot do d job for Nigeria. Echiejile has to return to no 3 otherwise Sallah may not be that unlucky to go pass Abuzie. Onazi must not start. Etebo is better at least base on current form not antecedent.
My humble opinion

Unless you are suggesting Azubuike, which I feel is a fantastic option, Etebo offers more offensively than defensively. We need a second defensive midfielder. I am not suggesting a two pivot system like a Yaya-Fernandinho combination. That is why we could play with Etebo in that game.

I am suggesting Iwobi being the anchor of the play, with two defensive midfielders shielding the defenders.
Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by binhozie(m): 12:12pm On Mar 28, 2016
princemi:

there's no way Nigeria would beat Egypt without Iheanacho

He will be a good sub when the Egyptians open up not when they are packing the bus
Most people don't even recognize iheanacho is painfully one footed.
Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by binhozie(m): 12:15pm On Mar 28, 2016
princemi:

there's no way Nigeria would beat Egypt without Iheanacho

He will be a good sub when the Egyptians open up not when they are packing the bus
Most people don't even recognize iheanacho is painfully one footed.holding up the ball with one foot against 3 men is hard and when ur not very fast or very skillfull its
a problem but his very intelligent with his runs and accurate with his shots that's if they would let him.
Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:16pm On Mar 28, 2016
ukandi1:

Exactly my opinion. That guy wit no 6 was playing from 3. And that's why I am suggesting that Echiejile returns to d starting bet

Salah messed up the likes of Ramos and Marcelo in the Champions League repeatedly. So I do not think we should lay too much blame on Amuzie because he coped better with Salah than Marcelo did.

Although I believe Salah will play better and will be deadlier at Alexandria. The pitch there is better than what he played on at Kaduna. That is why I am suggesting a second defensive midfielder to help double on Salah. Simon Moses should also be ready to support as he did in the last game.
Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:17pm On Mar 28, 2016
What do you mean by "painfully one footed"??

He's scored with his right foot for Man City this season so where does "painfully" come in??

Messi is equally one-footed for your info but is the best in the world so don't bring in "one-footedness" like it's some huge disadvantage.

Nacho is naturally left-footed but uses his right also on some occasions.

binhozie:

Most people don't even recognize iheanacho is painfully one footed.

1 Like

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by binhozie(m): 12:19pm On Mar 28, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
What do you mean by "painfully one footed"??

He's scored with his right foot for Man City this season so where does "painfully" come in??

Messi is equally one-footed for your info but is the best in the world so don't bring in "one-footedness" like it's some huge disadvantage.

Nacho is naturally left-footed but uses his right also on some occasions.

Read the more modified post messi is fast and skillfull
Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:20pm On Mar 28, 2016
safarigirl:
all I'm saying....Ighalo's biggest problem was trying to reach for aerial balls against a taller Egyptian side.

Got to watch Brazil v. Uruguay last night and I can say that only one scoring chance came from an aerial ball the entire 90 minutes from both sides and it didn't go in.

Play the ball on the ground, using aerial balls is a lazy style of play, we need penetrating passes into the 18-yard box and if I remember clearly against Egypt, only Iwobi gave a penetrating pass to V.Moses, then Iheanacho's low shots were also penetrating. Anybody wey no sabi play ball for ground, make e no dey front 3.

Iwobi....Ighalo/Iheanacho....V.Moses should start in front 3. I no wan see that okada wey no get direction in the first 45 minutes

Do you see Ighalo as a striker who can drop deep to give the kind of passes Neymar gave consistently in that match? That is why I feel Ighalo is the wrong option against an organized Egyptian side.
Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:20pm On Mar 28, 2016
I've read it and my point stands.
binhozie:
Read the more modified post
Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by binhozie(m): 12:31pm On Mar 28, 2016
People advocating for echejile don't know the dude is now a slow poke salah will eat him alive at least Amuzie contributed a lot to the attack
The mistake most people are making is thinking our most in form forwards are ighalo and iheanacho that's a lie your most inform forwards currently are Musa and Iwobi they should start.
Iheanacho and Ighalo play better when they have partners to distract attention from them.
And none of them is able to do it for the other in S.E
Ighalo might perform if he has not necessarily a deeney like player, a player like moses can still suffice as an 8 behind him as moses will most likely beat one or 2 men constantly and free up space for him.
Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by binhozie(m): 12:33pm On Mar 28, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
I've read it and my point stands.

Iheanacho is not like messi
He is a left footed Muller that cant nod the ball
Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:37pm On Mar 28, 2016
Iheanacho is like Messi in many dynamic ways. He also has some muller and Pele traits.

He also has some Silva traits. He's a #9 and #10 rolled into one player. He's a "Super Hybrid".

And sorry to say you're wrong Sir. Nacho can nod the ball. He did so at U-17 level. He did so in pre-season for Man City. He can nod it really well but is yet to score a headed goal.

binhozie:

Iheanacho is not like messi
He is a left footed Muller that cant nod the ball

1 Like

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:42pm On Mar 28, 2016
binhozie:
People advocating for echejile don't know the dude is now a slow poke salah will eat him alive at least Amuzie contributed a lot to the attack
The mistake most people are making is thinking our most in form forwards are ighalo and iheanacho that's a lie your most inform forwards currently are Musa and Iwobi they should start.
Iheanacho and Ighalo play better when they have partners to distract attention from them.
And none of them is able to do it for the other in S.E
Ighalo might perform if he has not necessarily a deeney like player, a player like moses can still suffice as an 8 behind him as moses will most likely beat one or 2 men constantly and free up space for him.

I believe Echiejile is not up to the task but I disagree on Musa and Iwobi being the in form forwards.

Iheanacho showed in the last game what he offers. He does not need too much time to take his shot. His shots are accurate. He can drop deep to combine with the midfield.

These are qualities that few of our forwards can boast of.

I put Iwobi there strictly for his passes. I doubt we have anyone who can pass like him.

1 Like

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by binhozie(m): 12:49pm On Mar 28, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I believe Echiejile is not up to the task but I disagree on Musa and Iwobi being the in form forwards.

Iheanacho showed in the last game what he offers. He does not need too much time to take his shot. His shots are accurate. He can drop deep to combine with the midfield.

These are qualities that few of our forwards can boast of.

I put Iwobi there strictly for his passes. I doubt we have anyone that can pass like him.

But u agree with me that Iwobi s passes are begging for someone making runs( musa) not someone who will hang back and take shots iheanacho
Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by safarigirl(f): 12:54pm On Mar 28, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I also got to watch that game last night. Remember Renato Augusto's goal? Brazil's second goal that came from Neymar dropping deep and Renato running forward to receive the ball.

----------------Gustavo(DMF)-------------------Fernandinho(DMF)-----------
--------------------------------------Renato(CMF/AMF)--------------------------------
Willian(SS)-----------------------------------------------------------D. Costa(SS)
-------------------------------------Neymar(CF)------------------------------------------

A similar set up to the one I proposed.
so S.Moses...Iheanacho and V.Moses in front....Iwobi directly behind Iheanacho as CM?

Saw the second goal from Neymar's pass as well

1 Like

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by binhozie(m): 12:57pm On Mar 28, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Iheanacho is like Messi in many dynamic ways. He also has some muller and Pele traits.

He also has some Silva traits. He's a #9 and #10 rolled into one player. He's a "Super Hybrid".

And sorry to say you're wrong Sir. Nacho can nod the ball. He did so at U-17 level. He did so in pre-season for Man City. He can nod it really well but is yet to score a headed goal.

Pele lol do u mean abedi Pele or pelle in priemiership
That iheanacho in U17 is quite different from this one almost like there not the same person akin to mikels transformation after U20
The current iheanacho hardly takes risks to beat a man the Silva and his incisive passes have dissapeared
Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
#smiles

Nacho's incisive passes disappeared??

Now I "see" how you analyse football.

No need taking it further. #Ciao

binhozie:

That iheanacho in U17 is quite different from this one almost like there not the same person akin to mikels transformation after U20
The current iheanacho hardly takes risks to beat a man the Silva and his incisive passes have dissapeared

1 Like

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:12pm On Mar 28, 2016
binhozie:

But u agree with me that Iwobi s passes are begging for someone making runs( musa) not someone who will hang back and take shots iheanacho

Most of the runs will come in from the flanks. That is why Simon Moses and Victor Moses are at the sides/SS roles. They will play a kind of support striking role. They would not run to the wings to cross most times but make perpetrating runs. Just like the one Moses missed.

Victor Moses gets the nod over Musa because it will take more than sheer pace to beat the Egyptians. We need a mixture of speed and trickery. Simon Moses and Victor Moses have good doses of both.

1 Like

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:15pm On Mar 28, 2016
binhozie:

If Iheanacho's incisive passes disappeared, how did he get assists this season with Man City?

1 Like

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:20pm On Mar 28, 2016
binhozie:

Saying someone has Pele's trait does not mean that he plays like Pele. He is talking of Nacho playing with similar style and target. Trying to influence the game than waiting for others to do it.

Pele created a lot of goals and scored a lot. Same with Messi and Muller. Yet, they do not have similar playing styles.

1 Like

Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by VajanahDischaj(f): 2:31pm On Mar 28, 2016
for your safety. don't ever bet Nigeria to win, they couldn't win at home, nah Egypt wey come hot pass?

I'd rather put Egypt to win or I'd put goal goal
Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by binhozie(m): 2:36pm On Mar 28, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Saying someone has Pele's trait does not mean that he plays like Pele. He is talking of Nacho playing with similar style and target. Trying to influence the game than waiting for others to do it.

Pele created a lot of goals and scored a lot. Same with Messi and Muller. Yet, they do not have similar playing styles.

Before I start sounding like a hater I pray he plays like them or similar style to them and emulates their greatness or surpasses the truth is any player could be the joker that day, the team is stacked with talented players.
Re: Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria by kobonaire(m): 3:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
Aimuannose:
My fucking country Nigeria that cannot boast of a good playing pitch.My question is when will Nigeria ever boast of having a good pitch that can be compared to the ones in south Africa? I am not talking about Europe now. Small African countries like Tanzania, Gabon, Kenya, Mauritania etc have very good turfs/pitches but Nigeria's own is always an eyesore.The question is, is it that nobody is seeing it or we don't know.Bad pitches tend to hinder good play of football.I am a footballer and I know what I am talking about.Mark my word Nigeria is to play better in Alexendria Egypt because of the good pitch there.But we still must pray mother luck is on their side.
One could make the argument that Egypt too will play better on the improved pitch ...... totally agree with you on the embarrassingly dilapidated state of the pitches. As rich as the country is, relatively in Africa, the Super Eagles should not be playing on such grounds.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Stand Out Moments In Nigerian Football (2016 In Retrospect) / NFF Shortlists Yusuf, Saintfiet, Le Guen For Super Eagles’ Chief Coach Job / Free Daily Football Tips (95% Wins)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.