Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,999 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

"My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested (52467 Views)

Father And Son Arrested While Trying To Butcher Stolen Dog. Photo / Gang Who Butchered Man And His 3-year-old Son Arrested By Soldiers. Photos / Jesu Oyinbo's Son Arrested For Defiling The 14-yr-old Niece Of His Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by dre11(m): 1:09pm On Mar 27, 2016
•My son is an armed robber, man tells police

•Hands him over for investigation

Ebenezer Adurokiya - Warri

IN a society where many parents cover the evil perpetrated by their children, one Mr Arogoy has handed over his son, David, who engaged in armed robbery, to the police at Ekpan Division in Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta State.

Arogoy explained to the police that his son had returned home in agony at the wee hours of March 14 with bullet wounds and he had to report the case to the police for his own safety.

Mr Arogoy also informed the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in charge of the division, Mr Chris Sorgbara, a Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP), that his son had been in the armed robbery business for long and he did not want to be seen as aiding and abetting his chosen profession.

It was gathered that the suspect had confessed that he and his gang had gone on a robbery operation in Edo Guest House at Ekpan that fateful morning.

Crime Reports also gathered that on March 13, the 20-man gang had mounted a roadblock on the NPA expressway directly under the refinery fly-over where they had dispossessed unsuspecting road users of many valuables.

Members of the gang were said to have been terrorising the area, particularly Edo Guest House, for over a month and their latest operation was said to be their third in a row.

Confirming the incident, CSP Sorgbara disclosed that he had received a distress call between 5:00 a.m and 5:30 a.m of March 14 that there was a robbery operation going on in Edo Guest House at Refinery road.

He said he was also informed that the robbers were armed with machetes, broken bottles, and knives, among other weapons.

Sorgbara said he had to swiftly dispatch the anti-robbery patrol team under him to intercept and dislodge the criminals.

According to him, the robbers, on seeing the police team, opened fire and the police responded and a gun duel ensued. During the gun duel, he said the leader of the gang, simply identified as Oga Kenneth, was gunned down on the spot while other members of the gang escaped with bullet wounds.

Oga Kenneth was described by the police DPO as a notorious robber who was responsible for various armed robbery operations in the area.

However, Crime Reports gathered that on March 11, one Ajukwu Chubuike, Odivwri Kobiro and Prince Edafe, were arrested at the same Edo Guest House while dispossessing guests of their belongings.

Victims of the March 14 armed robbery operation related their ordeals to Crime Reports.

One of them, Ebi Moses, who is still nursing the machete cut injuries from the robbers, told reporters that he lost N47, 000 and two android phones to the robbers.

The Director of Edo Guest House, Mr Anthony Ukwade described the robbers’ invasion as hellish, saying that they banged the doors of the hotel rooms and dealt badly with his guests.

Mr Ukwade thanked the good Nigerian who placed the distress call to the Ekpan police station, which eventually came to their rescue.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/my-son-is-an-armed-robber-man-tells-police-•hands-him-over-for-investigation

lalasticlala

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by eme1n(m): 1:15pm On Mar 27, 2016
Good for nothing bastards..

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by osemoses1234(m): 1:15pm On Mar 27, 2016
End time

1 Like

Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by ernecy(m): 1:24pm On Mar 27, 2016
I will do thesame, if i were to be the farher

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by Cutehector(m): 1:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
Very good

Someone told me dat some cultists, or armed robbers, dey are children of policemen.

I stil duno hw true that is.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by Flexherbal(m): 1:32pm On Mar 27, 2016
That is a patriotic Nigerian.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by kingphilip(m): 3:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
It's a very laudable achievement shown by this man and should be done by every Nigerian who means well for the country

Pretenders everywhere

They're saying they'll do same thing but I'm sure they won't instead they'll be offering prayers for successful operation

Who knows if the man haven't benefited alot if not that this one came with bullet wounds we wouldn't have known

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by Houseofglam7(f): 4:21pm On Mar 27, 2016
Lol cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by ijustdey: 5:28pm On Mar 27, 2016
how I wish most parents of those armed robbers could do so to their wards

the world would have been a better place cc lalasticlala

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by TimiBlogger: 7:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
Abeg somebody should please give this man a crate of cold Orijin, I like him

22 Likes

Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by eleko1: 7:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
Thank u Papa David sad.Make police/judge nor free that Bastard sha,odawise,Pa Arogoy go hear am sad. Meanwhile,AJUKWU CHUBUIKE grin lipsrsealed undecided always REP embarassed undecided grin smiley.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by gebest: 7:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
Great
Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by Sunnycliff(m): 7:26pm On Mar 27, 2016
Kudos Sir! Your likes deserves commendation. Who must have known the shame, the disgrace and the pains the son must have caused him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by notoriousbabe: 7:26pm On Mar 27, 2016
ernecy:
I will do thesame, if i were to be the farher
liar

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by Sasuwa(f): 7:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
Gud
Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
grin
Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by seunlayi(m): 7:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
Very good but I will still blame the father, I m also a father, you can't as a responsible father allow your son to deteriorate to that extent

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by sorom4: 7:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
This is the real change and not the chains Bubu is giving us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by HRich(m): 7:31pm On Mar 27, 2016
eme1n:
Good for nothing bastards..
People don't know the meaning of Bastard anymore.

You just saw the Topic "Man hands *Son* to Police"

And you are calling the boy a Bastard.

BASTARD means who don't know his/her Father.

Which school you go?

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by ernecy(m): 7:32pm On Mar 27, 2016
notoriousbabe:
liar
why did u say that, when u don't even know me, people are not thesame and am not like u.

If u can condole such, I cant.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by nijanigga: 7:32pm On Mar 27, 2016
Nigerian youths love easy money, some of them must have read tragic end of other robbers and this one too, but they won't give up, they will say " my juju go work well" .Very soon you will hear another tragic end to armed robbers.

1 Like

Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 27, 2016
But my Yoruba people always say omo eni oni buru ka lefekun paje now. But palee why?

Anyways....

DrabeeyWasHere

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by worldman(m): 7:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
This story may be a very old news because C.S.P Chris Sorgbara is an A.C of police 6month ago not CSP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 27, 2016
All these people that are saying 'good' and hailing the man, I know you can't try it at all. Do you think it's easy?.

who knows what must have conspired between the two parties.

joke aside eeh , I don't think it's the Biological father. If investigation should go on nw, you'll discover that the man in question adopted that child or maybe na "ogbanje pikin"
Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by Temitope124(m): 7:36pm On Mar 27, 2016
hmmmm! Train up your child in the way of the lord......

1 Like

Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by rawtouch: 7:38pm On Mar 27, 2016
Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by Glossyclick(m): 7:39pm On Mar 27, 2016
God for bid.
Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by layzie: 7:43pm On Mar 27, 2016
Funny the part where the policeman said they exchanged gun shots with the robbers after the robbers opened fire.

Meanwhile, according to the same policeman, the robbers were armed with broken bottles and matchets...so what did they open the fire with?

The so called Edo guest house should arrange for police security as it seems they are a soft target for armed robbers. I pity the people lodging there unknowingly.

12 Likes

Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by qualityovenbake(m): 7:44pm On Mar 27, 2016
Most parent would even shield the criminal act of their child from the police. Kudos to the dad, he deserves commendation because his actions was courageous.
Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by Guruboi(m): 7:44pm On Mar 27, 2016
HRich:
People don't know the meaning of Bastard anymore.

You just saw the "Man Topic hands *Son* to Police"

And you are calling the boy a Bastard.

BASTARD means who don't know his/her Father.

Which school you go?

Na Sambisa School e go grin
Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by johnwizey: 7:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
This man is the real MVP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested by johnwizey: 7:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
layzie:
Funny the part where the policeman said they exchanged gun shots with the robbers after the robbers opened fire.

Meanwhile, according to the same policeman, the robbers were armed with broken bottles and matchets...so what did they open the fire with?
Banger

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gunmen Attack Bagega In Zamfara, Kill Many (Graphic Photos) / "Whistleblower Exposes Guys Stealing Diesel From A Glo Mast". See Photos / Man Rapes Co-Worker To Death In Ogun, Keeps Corpse For 3 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.