Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

The Second Coming Of Biafra (Igbos Vs Hausa Fulani) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Second Coming Of Biafra (Igbos Vs Hausa Fulani) (3584 Views)

Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja / The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu / The Second Coming Of President Buhari- An Episle By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Second Coming Of Biafra (Igbos Vs Hausa Fulani) by kettykin: 3:57pm On Mar 27, 2016
This thread is coming on the heels of recent activities by 3 major independent groups MASSOB, BZM and IPOB to actualise the Sovereign state of Biafra from the dying Nigerian state.

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means whatsoever without express written permission from the author, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical articles and reviews. Please refer all pertinent questions to the publisher.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Quote  it is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself Darwin

Nevertheless, if civil war should become inevitable at this stage of our progress as a nation, then security considerations must be borne in mind by those who are charged with the responsibility of government of the North and the South. Military forces and installations are fairly distributed in all the three regions; if that is not the case, any of the regions can obtain military aid from certain interested Powers. It means that we cannot preclude the possibility of alliance with certain countries.
Nnamdi Azikiwe 1953
Aro confederacy made up of

That East has reached another cross road in their existence as an entity in the corporate unit called Nigeria is not any more in doubt.

A very brief and summarised introduction of the 2 groups culled majorly from the Wikipedia.com is below starting in alphabetical order the Fula then the igbos

The Fula

The Fula people or Fulani or Fulɓe (Fula: Fulɓe; French: Peul; Hausa: Fulani; Portuguese: Fula; Wolof: Pël; Bambara: Fulaw) numbering approximately 20 million people in total are one of the most widely dispersed and culturally diverse of the peoples of Africa.[5] The Fulani are bound together by theFula language as well as by some basic cultural elements such as thepulaaku, a code of conduct common to all Fulani groups.

A significant proportion of their number, (an estimated 13 million), arenomadic, making them the largest pastoral nomadic group in the world.[6]Spread over many countries, they are found mainly in West Africa and northern parts of Central Africa, but also in Sudan and Egypt.[7]

While their early habitat in West Africa was apparently in an area in the vicinity of the borders of present-day Mali, Senegal and Mauritania, they are now, after centuries of gradual migrations and conquests, spread throughout a wide band of West and Central Africa. The Fulani People occupy a vast geographical expanse located roughly in a longitudinal East-West band immediately south of the Sahara, and just north of the coastal rain forest and swamps, although situations have changed a lot in recent times, and, a sizable proportion of Fulani people now live in the heavily forested zones to the south, in countries like Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Cameroon, Guinea, The Central African Republic and the Democratic Republic of Congo. Various Fulɓe sub-groups are now found well within the forested southern quarter of West and Central Africa.

There are approximately 20 million Fulani people. They are considered among the most “widely dispersed and culturally diverse peoples in all of Africa.” There are generally three different types of Fulani based on settlement patterns, viz: the Nomadic/Pastoral or Mbororo, The Semi-Nomadic and the Settled or "Town Fulani". The pastoral Fulani move around with their cattle throughout the year. Typically, they do not stay around, for long stretches {not more than 2–4 months at a time} . The semi-nomadic Fulani can either be Fulɓe families who happen to settle down temporarily at particular times of the year, or Fulɓe families who do not "browse" around past their immediate surroundings, and even though they possess livestock, they do not wander away from a fixed or settled homestead not too far away, they are basically "In-betweeners" .

The igbos
The Igbo people, often spelled and pronounced "Ibo" (because the Europeans had difficulty making the /ɡ͡b/ sound),[2] are an ethnic group of southern Nigeria directly indigenous to East and West of the lower Niger River, with very significant population found in the eastern side of the river.[3] They speak Igbo, which includes various Igboid languages and dialects.[4][5]

Igbo people are one of the largest ethnic groups in Africa.[6] In rural Nigeria, Igbo people work mostly as craftsmen, farmers and traders. The most important crop is the yam; celebrations take place annually to celebrate its harvesting.[7] Other staple crops include cassava and taro.[8]

Before British colonial rule, the Igbo were a politically fragmented group. There were variations in culture such as in art styles, attire and religious practices. Various subgroups were organized by clan, lineage, village affiliation, and dialect. There were not many centralized chiefdoms, hereditary aristocracy, or kingship customs except in kingdoms such as those of the Nri, Arochukwu, Agbor and Onitsha.[9] This political system changed significantly under British colonialism in the early 20th century; Frederick Lugard introduced Eze (kings) into most local communities as "Warrant Chiefs".[10] The Igbo became overwhelmingly Christian under colonization. Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart is one of the most popular novels to depict Igbo culture and changes under colonialism.

The Igbo in Nigeria are found in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Benue, Cross River, Ebonyi, Edo, Enugu, Imo, Delta and Rivers State.[161] The Igbo language is predominant throughout these areas, although Nigerian English (the national language) is spoken as well. Prominent towns and cities in Igboland include Aba, Enugu (considered the 'Igbo capital'),[162] Onitsha,Owerri, Abakaliki, Asaba and Port Harcourt among others.[163] A significant number of Igbo people have migrated to other parts of Nigeria, such as the cities of Lagos, Abuja, and Kano.[94]

The official data on the population of ethnic groups in Nigeria continues to be controversial as a minority of these groups have claimed that the government deliberately deflates the official population of one group, to give the other numerical superiority.[164][165][166] The CIA World Factbook puts the Igbo population of Nigeria at 18% of a total population of 177 million, or approximately 32 million people.

Southeastern Nigeria, which is inhabited primarily by the Igbo, is the most densely populated area in Nigeria, and possibly in all of Africa.[167][168] Most ethnicities that inhabit southeastern Nigeria, such as the closely related Efik and Ibibio people, are sometimes regarded as Igbo by other Nigerians and ethnographers who are not well informed about the southeast.[169][170]

prelude a brief history of the first biafran war

The war cost the Igbos a great deal in terms of lives, money and infrastructure. It has been estimated that up to three million people may have died due to the conflict, most from hunger and disease caused by Nigerian forces.[124][125][126] More than two million people died from the famine imposed deliberately through blockade throughout the war. Lack of medicine also contributed. Thousands of people starved to death every day as the war progressed.[127] (The International Committee of the Red Cross in September 1968 estimated 8,000–10,000 deaths from starvation each day.)[128] The leader of a Nigerian peace conference delegation said in 1968 that "starvation is a legitimate weapon of war and we have every intention of using it against the rebels". This stance is generally considered to reflect the policy of the Nigerian government.[129][130] The federal Nigerian army is accused of further atrocities including deliberate bombing of civilians, mass slaughter with machine guns, and rape.[129]
Re: The Second Coming Of Biafra (Igbos Vs Hausa Fulani) by kettykin: 4:01pm On Mar 27, 2016
This was a research project I was working on when there was a Change of power I didn't have the time to complete the research before certain events started playing out

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming Of Biafra (Igbos Vs Hausa Fulani) by Ofodirinwa: 4:15pm On Mar 27, 2016
To from igbos and free cows for all. The way suya will reign in nigeria that day eh
Re: The Second Coming Of Biafra (Igbos Vs Hausa Fulani) by seunny4lif(m): 4:15pm On Mar 27, 2016
Tell me more cool cool
Na world war 3 abi cool cool
smiley
Re: The Second Coming Of Biafra (Igbos Vs Hausa Fulani) by saintneo(m): 5:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
kettykin:
This was a research project I was working on when there was a Change of power I didn't have the time to complete the research before certain events started playing out
I'm disappointed by your article. A partly written book is a very bad stimulation for an interested mind. I expected derivatives and analysis of the potentials of Biafra; instead, you simply copied and pasted available literature on the tribes involved.

3 Likes

Re: The Second Coming Of Biafra (Igbos Vs Hausa Fulani) by kettykin: 5:55pm On Mar 27, 2016
saintneo:

I'm disappointed by your article. A partly written book is a very bad stimulation for an interested mind. I expected derivatives and analysis of the potentials of Biafra; instead, you simply copied and pasted available literature on the tribes involved.
Actually there is nothing that stops me from providing citation from other sources. However this work of fiction is actually a simulated scenario .just be patient for the remaining chapters
Re: The Second Coming Of Biafra (Igbos Vs Hausa Fulani) by EastanPower(m): 6:31pm On Mar 27, 2016
kettykin:

Actually there is nothing that stops me from providing citation from other sources. However this work of fiction is actually a simulated scenario .just be patient for the remaining chapters

I am really ashamed of you. You are very narrow minded and I doubt you reason well.

Why do you want to drop the fulani problem on the head of the Igbo nation You are a wicked man.

The fulani is a national problem and they have been causing trouble everywhere they go, all tribes affected. If the fulanis must be confronted frontally it must be done by a united front comprising all other tribes in Nigeria from the norht to the south to the east to the west.

My people sha.

4 Likes

Re: The Second Coming Of Biafra (Igbos Vs Hausa Fulani) by Sunky200: 7:26pm On Mar 27, 2016
so the fulani hersdmen matter don turn regional matter? ok o
Re: The Second Coming Of Biafra (Igbos Vs Hausa Fulani) by omololu2020(m): 9:07pm On Mar 27, 2016
Awon omo nna
Re: The Second Coming Of Biafra (Igbos Vs Hausa Fulani) by PFRB: 10:08pm On Mar 27, 2016
Igbos will not fight other people's war again. Anybody who has a problem now should face it squarely
Re: The Second Coming Of Biafra (Igbos Vs Hausa Fulani) by asorocker: 6:17pm On Apr 26, 2016
ketty come and finish what you started
Re: The Second Coming Of Biafra (Igbos Vs Hausa Fulani) by kettykin: 10:21am On Aug 08, 2017
asorocker:
ketty come and finish what you started

Some things are left better unsaid, when i prempted this topic many chicken brained people felt i was a pessimist but the chickens are coming home to roost, i am an unmistaken and avowed lover of peace but from the look of things the North did not learn anything from the first civil war not even learning that without Soviet union , russia and Egyp , Ojukwu would have won the war within minutes , Igbos are the worst loosers and they did not leatn anything from the war too , with their wreckless and foolish investment in every nook and cranny areas of the north , this brings to the fore the stupidity of some of my igbo brethren.
Re: The Second Coming Of Biafra (Igbos Vs Hausa Fulani) by kettykin: 7:41pm On May 08, 2019
Quote it is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself Darwin

Nevertheless, if civil war should become inevitable at this stage of our progress as a nation, then security considerations must be borne in mind by those who are charged with the responsibility of government of the North and the South. Military forces and installations are fairly distributed in all the three regions; if that is not the case, any of the regions can obtain military aid from certain interested Powers. It means that we cannot preclude the possibility of alliance with certain countries.
Nnamdi Azikiwe 1953
Re: The Second Coming Of Biafra (Igbos Vs Hausa Fulani) by kettykin: 3:50pm On Apr 05, 2021
EastanPower:

I am really ashamed of you. You are very narrow minded and I doubt you reason well.

Why do you want to drop the fulani problem on the head of the Igbo nation You are a wicked man.

The fulani is a national problem and they have been causing trouble everywhere they go, all tribes affected. If the fulanis must be confronted frontally it must be done by a united front comprising all other tribes in Nigeria from the norht to the south to the east to the west.

My people sha.

see where we are today , when i made this projection in 2016 all hell was let loose but it seems my prediction and simulation is about to come to pass

(1) (Reply)

Segun Awolowo Junior's Reign Of Corruption At NEPC - Sahara Reporters / Tinubu Arrives Osun Again To Plead With Omisore / Oyetola Vrs Adeleke:: Justice Obiora's Absence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.