Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,806 members, 7,810,099 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Preparing For PTE? Get In Here - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Preparing For PTE? Get In Here (106164 Views)

SUV Crushes 23-Year-Old EBSU Graduate Preparing For NYSC In Lagos / PTE & Ieits Which Is Easier / Preparing For TOEFL, Already Taken TOEFL Come In Let's Discuss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by victree4: 1:15am On Oct 22, 2017
You guys are doing a great job here. I have just read through the 9 pages. I'm here because I need 20 points for aussie ita as I get zero points for less than 3years experience. And passing a camel through the eye of a needle looks easier than scoring an all round 8 in ielts
I was told pte could be a more lenient exam.
From what I've seen with @azy123 experience, speaking is the most challenging here. Im looking to write in mid next month. All your assistance will be appreciated.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by spyroxy1(m): 2:03am On Oct 22, 2017
Kingbukaz:

How many times can one use this before one gets another?

it has 2scored mock tests and 1 unscored test.

spyroxy1
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by spyroxy1(m): 2:05am On Oct 22, 2017
victree4:
You guys are doing a great job here. I have just read through the 9 pages. I'm here because I need 20 points for aussie ita as I get zero points for less than 3years experience. And passing a camel through the eye of a needle looks easier than scoring an all round 8 in ielts
I was told pte could be a more lenient exam.
From what I've seen with @azy123 experience, speaking is the most challenging here. Im looking to write in mid next month. All your assistance will be appreciated.
Thanks.

do you have the links for the preparation materials?

if yes, practice well and take a mock test before the real test.

spyroxy1
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by spyroxy1(m): 2:06am On Oct 22, 2017
Kingbukaz:

How much?

it's N7500.

www.ptepractice.com
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by spyroxy1(m): 2:08am On Oct 22, 2017
Priceless25:

Bro.. I've bought the mock test, thanks. @Afolaseg.. Hope you can see ooo, "1 free test", am I getting any or what? Na beg I dey beg oo

lol...

the test kit come with one unscored test as you know already.
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by spyroxy1(m): 2:23am On Oct 22, 2017
Azy123:
If i tell you how many mock test I have taken you will not believe. 1st one o bought from Pearson with my GTB card. Others from afolaseg.

I was able to get 80 in mock test A ( OF - 83, P - 50) before I attempted this last one. That's how I am able to know what works and what doesn't. Especially for LR&W. But speaking is proving stubborn.

don't rush your phrases or sentences. I got 62 P and OF 70 with 70 score point.

my pronunciation was 39 in one and OF 74 with 57 score.

I found out that saying jargons sometimes does not matter so far it's English.
speaking loud and clear too helps the pronunciation.

I would intimate you of the progress this week.

1 Like

Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by ugsams(m): 9:34am On Oct 22, 2017
spyroxy1:

lol...
the test kit come with one unscored test as you know already.
I sent you a PM please respond.

1 Like

Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Azy123(m): 10:26am On Oct 22, 2017
OK. When do you plan to retake.

spyroxy1:

don't rush your phrases or sentences. I got 62 P and OF 70 with 70 score point.

my pronunciation was 39 in one and OF 74 with 57 score.

I found out that saying jargons sometimes does not matter so far it's English.
speaking loud and clear too helps the pronunciation.

I would intimate you of the progress this week.
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by spyroxy1(m): 11:53am On Oct 22, 2017
ugsams:

I sent you a PM please respond.

Thanks for your partronage
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Kingbukaz: 12:51pm On Oct 22, 2017
spyroxy1:

do you have the links for the preparation materials?

if yes, practice well and take a mock test before the real test.

spyroxy1

Can I get the material to prepare before the mock?

1 Like

Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by spyroxy1(m): 12:57pm On Oct 22, 2017

1 Like

Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by spyroxy1(m): 12:04pm On Oct 24, 2017
contacts us on PTE
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by spyroxy1(m): 12:07pm On Oct 24, 2017
majiouk2002:
Hi everyone,

You MAY contact me for PTEA-VOUCHERS for #51.5k should you need to buy one.
Contact me on majiouk2002@yahoo.co.uk
Thanks
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by gaaaa: 12:20pm On Oct 24, 2017
Hey folks, I need your help am struggling to get 20 points from PTE. Go through this and advise accordingly pls.

1ST Pte A – 7th June 2017

Listening 71
Reading 72
Speaking 51
Writing 72

Grammar 68
Oral Fluency 67
Pronunciation 47
Spelling 63
Vocabulary 54
Written Discourse 57
I did my first PTE test without real practice, I lost my dad on the same day I wrote the PTE, this affected my concentration as I was thinking about my dad in the hospital while in the exam centre. I had to wait till I get settled after the burial and register for PTE the second time after getting the Gold kit for scored practice test.
Mock A – 11th October 2017
L 73 R 52 S 51 W 72

Grammar 47 Oral Fluency 44 Pronunciation 46 Spelling 81 Vocabulary 72 Written Discourse 47

Mock B - 15th October 2017
L 69 R 57 S 49 W 72

Grammar 65 Oral Fluency 41 Pronunciation 40 Spelling 73 Vocabulary 68 Written Discourse 75.

2nd Pte A – 18th October 2017

Listening 71
Reading 73
Speaking 61
Writing 90

Grammar 90
Oral Fluency 73
Pronunciation 58
Spelling 90
Vocabulary 72
Written Discourse 81
I wrote PTE the 3rd time in the pursuit of 20 points but only got this

Listening 74
Reading 73
Speaking 72
Writing 71

Grammar 78
Oral Fluency 74
Pronunciation 62
Spelling 85
Vocabulary 66
Written Discourse 76

I have written IELTS on 13th of May and had L8 R8 W7 S6.5. I asked a frd to help do the enquiry on results tin to help me remark writing and speaking parts but I was told the time allowed for remark has elapsed due to my dad burial arrangements. I am fed up with PTE as I need 20 points and not claiming experience points. Should I revert to IELTS n work towards getting straight 8s or I should stick to PTE or enrol for TOEFL. Is there any hope? Or what do I need to do to get 20 points. I need your advice pls.
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Azy123(m): 5:46pm On Oct 24, 2017
Bro,

I believe with your enabling skills as you have highlighted you can get 20 points in English. You have a better chance than I do.

For Speaking - Pronunciation of 62. I think if you can be a little bit more fluent while describing enough content you will get it.

For R and W - Work on your Summarize Written Text (SWT) and see your score in Reading and writing increase above 79+. SWT contribute a lot to R and W don't just focus on the essay. I tested it out in mock. I wrote exactly the same essay, choose exactly the same answer in reading but changed only SWT and score increased to 86 from 73 in writing while reading increased to 80.

For

Listening - Try and write Summarize Spoken Text like a paragraph. Intro statement(s), point 1, point 2, ...(linking the points together) and Conclusion. This contribute to both Writing and Listening

You will get it with PTE. The PTE software recognize your pronunciation, that is about the most difficult thing in this English exam and you are already OK with it.

Fix the above and I know you will be OK.

Cheers

gaaaa:
Hey folks, I need your help am struggling to get 20 points from PTE. Go through this and advise accordingly pls.

I wrote PTE the 3rd time in the pursuit of 20 points but only got this

Listening 74
Reading 73
Speaking 72
Writing 71

Grammar 78
Oral Fluency 74
Pronunciation 62
Spelling 85
Vocabulary 66
Written Discourse 76

I have written IELTS on 13th of May and had L8 R8 W7 S6.5. I asked a frd to help do the enquiry on results tin to help me remark writing and speaking parts but I was told the time allowed for remark has elapsed due to my dad burial arrangements. I am fed up with PTE as I need 20 points and not claiming experience points. Should I revert to IELTS n work towards getting straight 8s or I should stick to PTE or enrol for TOEFL. Is there any hope? Or what do I need to do to get 20 points. I need your advice pls.

2 Likes

Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Prolivingproof(m): 9:30pm On Oct 24, 2017
Azy123:
Bro,

I believe with your enabling skills as you have highlighted you can get 20 points in English. You have a better chance than I do.

For Speaking - Pronunciation of 62. I think if you can be a little bit more fluent while describing enough content you will get it.

For R and W - Work on your Summarize Written Text (SWT) and see your score in Reading and writing increase above 79+. SWT contribute a lot to R and W don't just focus on the essay. I tested it out in mock. I wrote exactly the same essay, choose exactly the same answer in reading but changed only SWT and score increased to 86 from 73 in writing while reading increased to 80.

For

Listening - Try and write Summarize Spoken Text like a paragraph. Intro statement(s), point 1, point 2, ...(linking the points together) and Conclusion. This contribute to both Writing and Listening

You will get it with PTE. The PTE software recognize your pronunciation, that is about the most difficult thing in this English exam and you are already OK with it.

Fix the above and I know you will be OK.

Cheers

Azy123, I totally agree with you. This your explanation has disclosed some hidden truth about PTE exam. The crux of the matter in Speaking is pronunciation, which is a drawback for majority of us targeting 79+ in speaking. It is imperative that we make this thread more interesting by continually sharing mutual ideas and experiences that will benefit those deficient in one section or the other. So kudos to you and do not relent, you will soon defeat PTE Speaking by the grace of God.
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by yeyen004: 9:27am On Oct 25, 2017
Guru in the house please help. My account has been blocked for over 2 weeks because the agent that registered for me used Nigerian credit card so the payment was declined without telling me not until i wanted to login to get my result before I noticed my account has been blocked. I contacted pte customer care. The said i have to pay in cash in my nearest location before the restriction can be removed. I went to where I wrote the test they said if the restriction is not removed, nothing can be done. Pls has anybody experienced this and if you have please how can i tackle such situation. Thanks
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Priceless25: 10:54am On Oct 25, 2017
yeyen004:
Guru in the house please help. My account has been blocked for over 2 weeks because the agent that registered for me used Nigerian credit card so the payment was declined without telling me not until i wanted to login to get my result before I noticed my account has been blocked. I contacted PTE customer care. The said i have to pay in cash in my nearest location before the restriction can be removed. I went to where I wrote the test they said if the restriction is not removed, nothing can be done. Pls has anybody experienced this and if you have please how can i tackle such situation. Thanks

When I tried paying online using my debit card, I didn't succeed and my account wasn't blocked. Not sure what transpired between your agent and Pearson. As for the glitches you're currently bedevilled with, write to Pearson (Email), explain to them that you've been unable to resolve the issue from your own end, they should be able to give you alternatives, tell them what you were told at the centre you went to for payment. Cheers..
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by yeyen004: 11:16am On Oct 25, 2017
Priceless25:

When I tried paying online using my debit card, I didn't succeed and my account wasn't blocked. Not sure what transpired between your agent and Pearson. As for the glitches you're currently bedevilled with, write to Pearson (Email), explain to them that you've been unable to resolve the issue from your own end, they should be able to give you alternatives, tell them what you were told at the centre you went to for payment. Cheers..

Pls what was the alternative giving to you. I have sent you pm
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by afolaseg: 11:21am On Oct 25, 2017
If your account got blocked, register with another email and get a voucher from majiouk2002 which you will apply as your payment method.
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by yeyen004: 11:37am On Oct 25, 2017
afolaseg:
If your account got blocked, register with another email and get a voucher from majiouk2002 which you will apply as your payment method.

They have my details because i have sat for the exam already i wanted to login after the exam then I discovered the account has been blocked
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Priceless25: 3:01pm On Oct 25, 2017
yeyen004:

Pls what was the alternative giving to you. I have sent you pm

All I'm saying is, my account wasn't blocked, only got a message that my payment wasn't successful and my account wasn't blocked. You've taken the test and wanna get your results, contact them and explain to them that all you is to get your test results.
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by afolaseg: 3:22pm On Oct 25, 2017
Well, all i know is that, it work. i did it for some people last month.

yeyen004:

They have my details because i have sat for the exam already i wanted to login after the exam then I discovered the account has been blocked
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by gaaaa: 1:13am On Oct 26, 2017
@Azy123 Your response is grand. i will work more on the SWT and summarise spoken test asap. i feel relieved with your comments, We shall rejoice before the year runs out.
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Bamz(m): 7:26am On Oct 26, 2017
Azy123:
Great info. Thanks a lot

I have search the net tire. No free download.lol. I have not seen. and those I see on amazon keep saying they don't ship to Nigeria. No time to wait for shipping self even if they do. Does anyone know how to get this book here in Naija or free download from somewhere.

The practice questions in the CD-ROM of the PTE Guide is about the most useful part of it. The theory part just explains the test format, what is tested in each section. You can easily understand that through different Youtube channels.

How's your preparation coming by?

I tend think from bottom up some times. You know, that Jody Gilbert video gave me so much insight. As far as pronunciation is concerned, some of us get the basics wrong. Can a typical Nigerian differenciate between sounds of hut/hot, thread/tread, pitch/peach etc.?

Instead of seeing this test as an obstacle, it's also right to have the proper mindset. Desperation takes the fun out of it. It should be viewed as a way to improve our all-round English skills.

1 Like

Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by mavinc4u(f): 4:08pm On Oct 26, 2017
yeyen004:

If I understand you very well, an agent assisted you in paying for an exam then you did the exam after the agent said he has completed the payment but when you tried loging to check your result, you were told that your payment was unsuccessful. If that is what your explanation is all about then you need to ask that agent question to know if he did charge back or probably used someone's card.
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Azy123(m): 1:13pm On Oct 27, 2017
What you said about a typical Nigerian is true. Especially for those sounds that do not exist in our mother tongues.

For PTE pronounciation. I have seen someone who scored 58 in Pronunciation, OF - 86 and had 80 in Speaking.

Another 59 in Pronunciation, OF - 79 with 79 in speaking.

Also I had 50 in pronunciation, OF - 80 in one of the mock test and 80 in Speaking.

And someone who scored - 60 in Pronunciation, OF - 89 and 90 in speaking.

What i think makes the difference is the Content.

So, now my aim is to increase fluency without affecting pronunciation (if I can get 55 - 60 in pronunciation, I will be very happy:-)

Plus Good content.

Pronunciation is more than producing the sound and speech to text recognizing your words. Stress is very important. It determines if we get a score of 3 or 4 in pronunciation. And to score 60 or above out of 90 in pronunciation. We need to score almost equal numbers of 4 and some 3 out of 5 in each question where pronunciation is scored. thats like 3.5 out of 5 = 63 out of 90

Bamz:

The practice questions in the CD-ROM of the PTE Guide is about the most useful part of it. The theory part just explains the test format, what is tested in each section. You can easily understand that through different Youtube channels.

How's your preparation coming by?

I tend think from bottom up some times. You know, that Jody Gilbert video gave me so much insight. As far as pronunciation is concerned, some of us get the basics wrong. Can a typical Nigerian differenciate between sounds of hut/hot, thread/tread, pitch/peach etc.?

Instead of seeing this test as an obstacle, it's also right to have the proper mindset. Desperation takes the fun out of it. It should be viewed as a way to improve our all-round English skills.

Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by spyroxy1(m): 6:51am On Oct 28, 2017
Acing the PTE require a self preparatory test by taking the mock test kit.

You then assess yourself of where you are lacking and improve on it.

Get your scored mock test today from us.

Spyroxy1.
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by spyroxy1(m): 6:54am On Oct 28, 2017
Azy123:
What you said about a typical Nigerian is true. Especially for those sounds that do not exist in our mother tongues

Well said Azy123

Cc michaelamo
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by spyroxy1(m): 7:49am On Oct 28, 2017
Guys, the price of the PTE mock tests kits is being reviewed by Pearsonpte.

Who knows may be by next week,they are going to conclude about the new price.

Get yours asap...
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Priceless25: 12:25pm On Oct 28, 2017
majiouk2002:
Hi everyone,

You MAY contact me for PTEA-VOUCHERS for #51.5k should you need to buy one.
Contact me on majiouk2002@yahoo.co.uk
Thanks

Sent you an email, PM and I'm now quoting you. I'm in need of the PTE voucher.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Ugly Britain / Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.