Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG (13100 Views)

Shehu Sani Reacts To Governors' Request For Buhari To Run In 2019 / States To Receive 13% Derivation From Mining Revenue — FG / RMAFC To Commence Disbursement Of 13% Derivation Fund To Lagos (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by Fadekebisola(f): 11:01am On Mar 28, 2016
Enugu – A group called Ndigbo Unity Forum (NUF) has appealed to Federal Government to stop giving the monthly 13 per cent oil derivation fund to state governments in oil producing states.

The President of the group, Mr Augustine Chukwudum, made the call in Enugu on Monday.

He said “it is clear that this monthly allocation to oil producing states does not get to the communities and council areas where the oil and gas is being drilled.

“Rather, most times the monies end up in the pockets of politicians at the state capitals; leaving the rural communities where the oil and gas activities take place more impoverished.”

Chukwudum suggested that the Federal Government should rather, spend 10 per cent and three per cent of the fund in the provision of amenities to communities and councils where oil and gas were being explored.

“This is because even when Federal Government gives out such monies to the state governments, the communities do not feel the impact because the state governments do not use it for the good of the people.

“That is why we are making this suggestion.

“We hereby call on the National Assembly to ensure that communities and council areas benefit from their God given natural resources instead of causing environmental degradation for them and leave when the oil and gas well is dry.”

The president of the group said that when communities were given due sense of belonging, Federal Government property such as pipes and installations would be protected jealously.

“And this will further spur other communities and council areas to harness their natural endowment for national development,” he added.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/625099/

17 Likes

Re: Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by Fadekebisola(f): 11:02am On Mar 28, 2016
i think for once ndigbo have made sense....i totally support their disposition

OAM4J frontpage please

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by LoveMachine(m): 11:06am On Mar 28, 2016
KWENU! I'm all for this.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by Fadekebisola(f): 11:25am On Mar 28, 2016
chiefolododo:
:DYour hair. cheesy..
what happened to it
Re: Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by chiefolododo(m): 11:36am On Mar 28, 2016
It's not bad
Fadekebisola:

what happened to it
Re: Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:36pm On Mar 28, 2016
Jobless group.
They No go mind their businesses.
Will the money get to the locals if the 13% is removed as well?

7 Likes

Re: Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by babyfaceafrica: 12:54pm On Mar 28, 2016
Lolz..yam eaters will not be happy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by ckmayoca: 1:13pm On Mar 28, 2016
That's our problem, everything goes to the governor and no one can question them and the blame will finally land on federal govt.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by ijedallar: 1:19pm On Mar 28, 2016
That is bad hele talk from igbo unity forum

1 Like

Re: Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by ki02020(m): 1:20pm On Mar 28, 2016
Great idea,I've always asked my self what has the so called oil producing state benefited from the likes of NDDC 13% deriviation fund. 60% of the money end up in some politicians pocket...let FG be the one direct what and what project the money should be use for

8 Likes

Re: Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:23pm On Mar 28, 2016
Exactly......
Re: Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by seunny4lif(m): 1:24pm On Mar 28, 2016
grin grin
Wetin you mean grin
Fadekebisola:
i think for once ndigbo have made sense....i totally support their disposition

OAM4J frontpage please
Re: Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by ki02020(m): 1:27pm On Mar 28, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Jobless group.
They NP go mind their businesses.
Will the money get to the locals if the 13% is removed as well?

What do you mean by mind their business they are nigerians and their opinion should also count...mind you they are actually saying the truth ask most of those governors what they did with the money and they will show you the roads that were constucted 1billion naira per kilometre

14 Likes

Re: Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by Sealeddeal(m): 1:47pm On Mar 28, 2016
Decent suggestion there.
Most governors of these oil producing states are heavy criminals. Delta, Bayelsa, Imo state are good examples.

18 Likes

Re: Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by candidbabe(f): 1:58pm On Mar 28, 2016
Maka why
Re: Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by peterQD: 1:58pm On Mar 28, 2016
ndigbo group ?
Re: Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by emmyw(m): 2:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
Cool

1 Like

Re: Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by ziccoit: 2:02pm On Mar 28, 2016
Government needs to amend the constitution to include a commission that would be empowered to handle how that 13% is deployed to oil producing communities not the state. EFCC, ICPC, world bank and IMF should be engaged to play a supervisory role.

Enough of governors embezzling the money meant for oil producing communities in the name of oil producing states which is quite different.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by TippyTop(m): 2:03pm On Mar 28, 2016
ki02020:
Great idea,I've always asked my self what has the so called oil producing state benefited from the likes of NDDC 13% deriviation fund. 60% of the money end up in some politicians pocket...let FG be the one direct what and what project the money should be use for

Your idea is silly, I mean what makes you think the people at the federal level won't squander the money?

20 Likes

Re: Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by Sasuwa(f): 2:03pm On Mar 28, 2016
Hausa/fulani have buhari, yoruba have tinubu and igbo has Nnamdi kanu . Thing done balanced

2 Likes

Re: Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by socialmediaman: 2:04pm On Mar 28, 2016
I don't support this call. I think its wrong for the FG to be taking investment decisions on behalf of the states, this makes every eye continue to be on FG rather than states. What I expect Is for the federal government to be weakened so that the politicians in Abuja can go back to their constituencies and fight for development, rather than live in Abuja endlessly and make decisions which affect states and LGs.

4 Likes

Re: Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by rawtouch: 2:04pm On Mar 28, 2016
Red capped Chiefs want to chop also hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

1 Like

Re: Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by EMMYSIM: 2:05pm On Mar 28, 2016
What an incunjubugus
Re: Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by Sasuwa(f): 2:05pm On Mar 28, 2016
Jfast:
Pls i beg you sir, madam, uncle, aunty, sister and brother i am 6 month pregnant with 6 bottles of cold beer for one joint near dust bin village for ajegunle now. i need some one to quote me with just one rude comment that will clear off the beer in me because am drunk i need to start going home pls.
are u an igbo
Re: Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by chiboy11(m): 2:05pm On Mar 28, 2016
Who said dis,cuse I kno Ndigbo can neva sprew shit like dis,dis s a ploy by hausa/fulani to take d oil n it shal not hapen,instead for 13% not to b given,we wil take 99% or else world war wil hapen in dis country

3 Likes

Re: Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by geesilver(m): 2:07pm On Mar 28, 2016
Am I seeing red Cap chiefs dabbing.......
Re: Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by Igobang: 2:07pm On Mar 28, 2016
For the record, OP is a Yoruba.

The Source is a Yoruba News paper.

IMO, the only relevant Igbo group is Ohanaeze.

Arewa Forum has Igbo group, APC has Igbo group and the list of Igbo groups representing various political interest is endless.

We don't recognise this Igbo Group.

8 Likes

Re: Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by Sunky200: 2:08pm On Mar 28, 2016
with this disposition i belief Ndigbo Unity Forum and its leaders are gradually placing the best interest of their people/community first

1 Like

Re: Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG by raumdeuter: 2:09pm On Mar 28, 2016
Wetin concern ibo with 13%derivation

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss / Wike Sacks CTC Chairmen Over Illegal sticker Levies, Radio Licences etc....Photo / Usman Yusuf Sues Health Minister, AGF, Agency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.