Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say (19875 Views)

Football Fans Queue To Buy Super Eagles' Jersey In London. Photos / UCL: Football Fans Fume At What Neymar Did After Madrid's Win / Football Fans Show Support To Carl Ikeme In England. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by fawaz050(m): 6:56pm On Mar 28, 2016
na dat talent make u no talk o..hmmgbru i no greee
we have myriad of talents here in Nigeria,come IJB(badia ijora) come see players i swear u go take;the likes of aspen,deco,buredi,aduna, myselfgrin etc...the favoritsm in our youth development system is so appaling
Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by ybalogs(m): 6:58pm On Mar 28, 2016
opeaceo:
1. "Nigerians are very passionate about football", this statement is true as the word true. You don't play a match in Osun (apologies to anyone who might find this offensive) and expect a huge turn out of fans. Location matters in our country.

2. For me, calling our men senior national team super chicken is atrocious, they have good days, they have bad days, but then, the average Nigerian insults at will, so it is excusable.

3. We've got talents in all ramifications, finding and grooming them is our biggest problem.

4. Using a " selected few" to determine our support for the national team is gross.

5. I am tired of thinking and typing.
You're largely correct but how do we address these anomalies?
Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by ybalogs(m): 7:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
The "super" is just in the name obviously not in the performances being churned out these days. Can't find any fear factor in our squad and that's a big problem.
Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by Sultanchidi(m): 7:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
Nzecorneboy:
onazi nko? ighalo nko? hmmm...
d op said top clubs, is Watford a top club in epl? Lazio is no longer a top club in Italy it's past reputation is wat is still with d club
Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by uzoormah(m): 7:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
opeaceo:

You know me too well.
E dey ur mouth
Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by yoged(m): 7:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
Nzecorneboy:
onazi nko? ighalo nko? hmmm...
onazi isn't in the first team. dude has a degree in bench warming
Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by opeaceo: 7:03pm On Mar 28, 2016
ybalogs:

You're largely correct but how do we address these anomalies?

Finding a solution to our problems is like emptying a flowing river, our problems are too deep with roots stretching too wide. We take each as it comes and hope it gets better and also, I am of the opinion that whatever issues we are facing politically, economically and other wise finds its way to our sports especially football.

One of the ways to fix this, we have to fix all other sphere of our lives.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by olimeh13(m): 7:04pm On Mar 28, 2016
HRich:
For your Info Mr man. KELECHI IHEANACHO is playing in Manchester City's first team

John Obi Mikel playing in Chelsea first team

Moses playing in West Ham's first team

Iwobi playing in Arsenal's first team.

Just keep out of football since you don't find it fun.

I can die for the love of football.

Young man, please try to understand what they mean by first team player...

Apart from Mikel and Victor Moses the other players are not first team player... They are playing now because there team first team players are injured... Pleae take not...
Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by Niyinficient(m): 7:07pm On Mar 28, 2016
OP! U ar so wrong abt Nigeria not having talents....its obvious u know notin abt football in this country......find anoda tin talk abeg!

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by opeaceo: 7:08pm On Mar 28, 2016
uzoormah:

E dey ur mouth

It seems you just bagged a degree in pissing people off, I'd love to know what you came out with.
Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by ybalogs(m): 7:10pm On Mar 28, 2016
Yes, Nigerians are really passionate about football(not talking of the National team now). Ain't sure you've been to the stadium to watch our super Eagles play. The first time I did will definitely be my last time. You should know not everybody can afford the VIP stand.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 28, 2016
DonUjay, no offense.
Just try to edit your post
1. it is Korea/Japan 2002, not 2000.
2. Senegal only beat France 1-0 and Sweden 2-1 at 2002 World cup. They drew with Uruguay and Denmark then lost to Turkey 1-0.
So much loved that team that I cried when Turkey beat them with that golden goal

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by ybalogs(m): 7:13pm On Mar 28, 2016
opeaceo:

Finding a solution to our problems is like emptying a flowing river, our problems are too deep with roots stretching too wide. We take each as it comes and hope it gets better and also, I am of the opinion that whatever issues we are facing politically, economically and other wise finds its way to our sports especially football.

One of the ways to fix this, we have to fix all other sphere of our lives.
True talk but what do we do about our impatience? That's the first problem we need to tackle in this country.
Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by uzoormah(m): 7:14pm On Mar 28, 2016
opeaceo:

It seems you just bagged a degree in pissing people off, I'd love to know what you came out with.

yea..how did u know?
Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by opeaceo: 7:15pm On Mar 28, 2016
uzoormah:

yea..how did u know?
you can't answer a simple question eeeh?
Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by opeaceo: 7:15pm On Mar 28, 2016
ybalogs:

True talk but what do we do about our impatience? That's the first problem we need to tackle in this country.

No idea.
Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by roxanne3(f): 7:16pm On Mar 28, 2016
DonUjay

1. I agree with your number one. Our Super Eagles will be donning the green colours on the field of play and you'll see a fan wearing a red outfit in the stands. Why? You'll know African spectators when you see them.

2. Number two is on point

3. You're being biased. You didn't name Chelsea amongst the big teams just because Mikel plays there

0. There was no World cup in the year 2000, Korea/Japan was held in 2002
Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by Shegzy8(m): 7:17pm On Mar 28, 2016
rubbish...we were once great in football...awa super eagles were once ranked 5th in d world...and datz d highest an African team has ranked in d rankings...abt been d best fans nt sure abt DAT cos Germans r mad n even English teams....abt talent DATz a big lie..we v so much BT d system is not just bringing dem up n d agents r also just afta money so dey don't make d ryt moves...go to d streets in d east,enta lag n other places...u go c talent taya....i can categorically say m 1 of dem
Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by uzoormah(m): 7:19pm On Mar 28, 2016
opeaceo:

you can't answer a simple question eeeh?
Lower credit in trouble making mgt.
Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by roxanne3(f): 7:21pm On Mar 28, 2016
olimeh13:

Apart from Mikel and Victor Moses the other players are not first team player... They are playing now because there team first team players are injured... Pleae take not...

There's a difference between First team and first/starting XI. K. Iheanacho is in Man City's first team, but not necessarily in the starting XI. If you're not a youth team player, you're definitely in the first team.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by safarigirl(f): 7:21pm On Mar 28, 2016
olimeh13:

so Ighalo is not a first team player? Must is not a first team player?

What is OP yapping about?

Only football analysts like thegoodjoe, icon4s, thesupernerd, daninya11, robosky and co should be taken seriously. This bros is not relevant in sports section, we know our people

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by Shegzy8(m): 7:27pm On Mar 28, 2016
n abt awa playerz not making waves in top teams....ma guy na same thing..u can't compare d facilities thr to d 1 here...u can't compare d level of tacticality thr to d 1 here...dey r well groomed n dey get to play wit n against d best from a tender age..a 13year old defender in Europe already knows wat keeping d offside trap is n can do DAT very well...BT a man of 25 DAT plays on d street,no grooming,no ryt system n tactics,goes out to Europe n wud get 10years off his age..if an attacker is coming,instead of rushing to meet d 1 wit d ball n leave d 1 unmarked in an offside position...a normal Nigerian would b trying to meet up wit d 1 unmarked...u fink to play for top club na just talent...u must sabi read game n errytin

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by Arsenate(m): 7:35pm On Mar 28, 2016
I was expecting to read something reasonable but from the write up the op obviously knows nothing about football.
Op, I recommend Telemundo for you. Football is not your thing. Thank me later. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by arote(m): 7:37pm On Mar 28, 2016
I disagree with OP.are u saying d team of USA 94 was not good enough to win the world cup that? if not for internal rancour within d team.2,are you also saying Mikel that was 2nd to messi in 2005 was/is not a talent? we are all aware what Mikel would have become but for mourinho.even now,r u saying Mikel cannot play for other big teams?

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by nini007(m): 7:39pm On Mar 28, 2016
macuwon:
And what is wrong with the poster above me? We are talking football and he is selling endtime fridge ball, who plays fridge ball?

Well I can't type much now, faces on this fuel queue are not friendly, they can just shift my keg to the back.. I have been here since yesterday.
sorry bro, I feel ur pain!
Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by Segadem(m): 7:47pm On Mar 28, 2016
opeaceo:
1. "Nigerians are very passionate about football", this statement is true as the word true. You don't play a match in Osun (apologies to anyone who might find this offensive) and expect a huge turn out of fans. Location matters in our country.

2. For me, calling our men senior national team super chicken is atrocious, they have good days, they have bad days, but then, the average Nigerian insults at will, so it is excusable.

3. We've got talents in all ramifications, finding and grooming them is our biggest problem.

4. Using a " selected few" to determine our support for the national team is gross.

5. I am tired of thinking and typing.
10q my babes! grin
Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by uniquebeauty(f): 7:49pm On Mar 28, 2016
Judging football matter is not by force op, though am a woman but knows better

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by HRich(m): 7:51pm On Mar 28, 2016
olimeh13:

Please OLD MAN for how long have you been following Manchester City Football Team?

Dzeko was loned out because of Kelechi,

Jojo was sold because of Kelechi,

if he's not a first team, how come he got Hat-trick in FA cup competition? Go and sleep

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by isaco(m): 7:52pm On Mar 28, 2016
I agree wit ops in almost all d points, except d talent. Nig is talented. Just dat politics is our priblem
Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:52pm On Mar 28, 2016
safarigirl:
so Ighalo is not a first team player? Must is not a first team player?

What is OP yapping about?

Only football analysts like thegoodjoe, icon4s, thesupernerd, daninya11, robosky and co should be taken seriously. This bros is not relevant in sports section, we know our people

Musa is a third team player.
Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by HRich(m): 7:54pm On Mar 28, 2016
uniquebeauty:
Judging football matter is not by force op, though am a woman but knows better
Is good you know football better than the Op.
Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by HRich(m): 7:56pm On Mar 28, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Musa is a third team player.
Lolz. Sir Musa is a First team player at Mosco.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Rejects Offers To Sell Chelsea / Who Would You Chose Among These Three For A Match Winning Free-kick? / EPL: Why Liverpool Beat Manchester United 4-0 – Mo Salah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.