Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,365 members, 7,815,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say (19873 Views)

Football Fans Queue To Buy Super Eagles' Jersey In London. Photos / UCL: Football Fans Fume At What Neymar Did After Madrid's Win / Football Fans Show Support To Carl Ikeme In England. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by HRich(m): 1:37am On Mar 29, 2016
bayinq25:
So how dispensable are they to their teams...these names aren't regular starters jhor!
Lolz, they are Sir.

I even forgot Ighalo
Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by Nobody: 6:39am On Mar 29, 2016
HRich:
Have you heard of Ighalo?

If you have heard of Ighalo he never play from bench at Watford.

Since this season he has started all Watford games.

Musa don't play from bench.

Moses when he's Fit he don't come from bench for West Ham.

For Iwobi, Arsene Wenger has chosen him ahead of Campbell.
.Okay! I feel a lot more enlightened to know that Watford and West Ham are now Big teams in Europe
Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by HRich(m): 6:55am On Mar 29, 2016
DonUjay:
.Okay! I feel a lot more enlightened to know that Watford and West Ham are now Big teams in Europe
Well' i don't know how you see it, but there's a Champions League hope for West Ham.

If Ref did not officiate against them in the game against Chelsea, they would have been in Top4 now.
Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 29, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Okay then... Your choice. Stay "ignorant" then #smiles

Ibuprofen for Depression... Never had such mistake been made. What a shame (obviously heard the word and don't even know the dynamics of its application)...*smh*

I detest mediocres "forming" levels when they know practically nothing. All they do is wail.... Too bad.

Ciao... Mr.NSAID. **chuckles**

. I Repeat! You are Depressed (Trust me on this one! I know your type) and for some strange reason, Excruciatingly Pained by my Post ( its never too late to go with my Ibuprofen Prescription you know)...

Lmao! don't know why but I enjoyed this exchange

Send me your address, I'll mail you a Cup of Vaseline since that's the only thing that keeps you Happy. Loser!
Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by Arsenate(m): 8:43am On Mar 29, 2016
DonUjay:
. See this Unkempt dude! I Can see your Lips are Big and inFORM (or should I say deFORMED)...Better run to the Barbing salon to go and argue with your mates

BTW thought I already said Chelsea's a Big Team very soon you'll quote to tell me I did not Include Nottingham Forest

Don't go and read for your Post-UME
man, you ooze of so much ignorance, but the sad thing is you are way too arrogant to want to learn. Even the average lady out there knows more about football than you, no offense intended. I guess the mods just post this on front page to make a fool of you.
Gosh. Never before have I seen so much ignorance in one thread

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:07am On Mar 29, 2016
Hahahahahahahaha...... You have no idea. I know a mediocre when I see one so run along now little one....

Cup of vaseline... Hmm.... That partly explains your limbic sys. orientation. Too bad... *smh*

Well, it's your choice to stay mediocritic, low-grade and ignorant. #smiles

DonUjay:
. I Repeat! You are Depressed (Trust me on this one! I know your type) and for some strange reason, Excruciatingly Pained by my Post ( its never too late to go with my Ibuprofen Prescription you know)...

Lmao! don't know why but I enjoyed this exchange

Send me your address, I'll mail you a Cup of Vaseline since that's the only thing that keeps you Happy. Loser!

Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by TaiKuun(m): 10:59am On Mar 29, 2016
opeaceo:
1. "Nigerians are very passionate about football", this statement is true as the word true. You don't play a match in Osun (apologies to anyone who might find this offensive) and expect a huge turn out of fans. Location matters in our country.

2. For me, calling our men senior national team super chicken is atrocious, they have good days, they have bad days, but then, the average Nigerian insults at will, so it is excusable.

3. We've got talents in all ramifications, finding and grooming them is our biggest problem.

4. Using a " selected few" to determine our support for the national team is gross.

5. I am tired of thinking and typing.

Traaaaassssh!!!!

Location matters in our country.. Location matters in all countries too, but you will see supporters travelling 19 hrs by flight from Australia to far Western Europe to watch a Champions League Qualification Match.. So what's the excuse ?

I'm also tired of typing, but not thinking

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by opeaceo: 2:45pm On Mar 29, 2016
TaiKuun:

Traaaaassssh!!!!

Location matters in our country.. Location matters in all countries too, but you will see supporters travelling 19 hrs by flight from Australia to far Western Europe to watch a Champions League Qualification Match.. So what's the excuse ?

I'm also tired of typing, but not thinking

In this situation of ours, someone would fly to Osun to watch a match? Is there an airport in Osun? Or do they risk their lives on the bad roads for the Super Eagles? Use your common sense man!!
Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by TaiKuun(m): 3:18pm On Mar 29, 2016
opeaceo:

In this situation of ours, someone would fly to Osun to watch a match? Is there an airport in Osun? Or do they risk their lives on the bad roads for the Super Eagles? Use your common sense man!!

Lolz this must be a teenager talking.

I notice you don't even understand yourself.

The 'Osun' in your first post was just an example (I guess you intentionally refused to use ur common sense before using that as an example). Let me ask you, is there even a good stadium in Osun where the Eagles could play? Or at least, did they play the match where The Pharaohs drew with our Eagles in Osun?
Think, why were there still only a handful of Nigerian supporters at the stands during the 1-1 draw with Egypt despite that it was played in a state where there was an Airport?

I didn't even mention anywhere in my post that it is a must you board an airplane, but I only gave the example of some Australian supporters who flew several kilometres from their native Australia just to watch their team play. I gave that example to zero your point that location is the reason why Nigerians don't show up in multitudes to support the Eagles, because that same 'location issue' affects every single supporter thought the world (if they were to watch the match at the stadium where its being played).

Also, what is with the ur statement ''do they risk their lives on the bad roads?''
Are those roads so bad that it is a guaranteed death sentence for anyone who embarks on a journey to support the Eagles?

I guess you are just too rude to read and think well before you reply posts. No pun intended

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by TaiKuun(m): 3:35pm On Mar 29, 2016
opeaceo:
1. "Nigerians are very passionate about football", this statement is true as the word true. You don't play a match in Osun (apologies to anyone who might find this offensive) and expect a huge turn out of fans. Location matters in our country.

2. For me, calling our men senior national team super chicken is atrocious, they have good days, they have bad days, but then, the average Nigerian insults at will, so it is excusable.

3. We've got talents in all ramifications, finding and grooming them is our biggest problem.

4. Using a " selected few" to determine our support for the national team is gross.

5. I am tired of thinking and typing.

Is playing a match in Lagos a sine qua non of a huge turn out of fans?
Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by opeaceo: 5:13pm On Mar 29, 2016
TaiKuun:

Lolz this must be a teenager talking.

I notice you don't even understand yourself.

The 'Osun' in your first post was just an example (I guess you intentionally refused to use ur common sense before using that as an example). Let me ask you, is there even a good stadium in Osun where the Eagles could play? Or at least, did they play the match where The Pharaohs drew with our Eagles in Osun?
Think, why were there still only a handful of Nigerian supporters at the stands during the 1-1 draw with Egypt despite that it was played in a state where there was an Airport?

I didn't even mention anywhere in my post that it is a must you board an airplane, but I only gave the example of some Australian supporters who flew several kilometres from their native Australia just to watch their team play. I gave that example to zero your point that location is the reason why Nigerians don't show up in multitudes to support the Eagles, because that same 'location issue' affects every single supporter thought the world (if they were to watch the match at the stadium where its being played).

Also, what is with the ur statement ''do they risk their lives on the bad roads?''
Are those roads so bad that it is a guaranteed death sentence for anyone who embarks on a journey to support the Eagles?

I guess you are just too rude to read and think well before you reply posts. No pun intended

Thank heavens you know a teenager by his posts.

In a country where a sizeable number of the populace live under a dollar per day??

So because of their patriotism, they risk everything, their pockets, their lives to support who exactly??

Old man, we are going round in circles, The "average" Nigerian is very hungry and so, it would be extremely silly for him to cough out a reasonable amount of money to take himself to the venue of the match.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by Shegzy8(m): 6:08pm On Mar 31, 2016
DonUjay:
. See this Unkempt dude! I Can see your Lips are Big and inFORM (or should I say deFORMED)...Better run to the Barbing salon to go and argue with your mates

BTW thought I already said Chelsea's a Big Team very soon you'll quote to tell me I did not Include Nottingham Forest

Don't go and read for your Post-UME

Lol...ma guy itz just an arguement and u are already raining insults...so funny how people who can't get to lace your shoes get to talk to u anyhow on the internet.....well I just finished my final exams today from d prestigious obafemi awolowo university(Oau) so am not preparing for any put me.........just letting u knw u not up to my standard... and I didn't say DAT cause I just finished my examz oooo cause I don't know if u are a graduate or even have your pH.d.....just watch how you talk to people

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by Gebbson007(m): 5:55am On Apr 01, 2016
y shud I waist ma money 2 buy ticket 2 watch super chickens play
d under 17 or 21 re way better.
I stpd supporting d eagles Sinc 2oo8 wen dey disappointed against Ghana,got tired of hearth break I rli fink its tym 2 bring in a foreign coach .
Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by Nostradamus: 11:09am On May 03, 2016
litetias:
I find myself totally agreeing with the OP.
His points are spot on
me too.
Re: 5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say by tck2000(m): 3:20pm On Jun 16, 2019
Ha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Would You Chose Among These Three For A Match Winning Free-kick? / Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Rejects Offers To Sell Chelsea / EPL: Why Liverpool Beat Manchester United 4-0 – Mo Salah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.