Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Lagos Residents May Hands Off Daily Chores - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lagos Residents May Hands Off Daily Chores (561 Views)

Egyptian Woman Divorces After 2 Weeks Of Marriage, Husband Does All The Chores / Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) / "I Am Too Beautiful To Do House Chores" - Nigerian Woman. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Residents May Hands Off Daily Chores by Pearl2010: 3:29pm On Mar 29, 2016
It is not new to the ears of Nigerians that Lagos is a fast paced city and that despite the busy schedules of its residents, there are certain piece of work either domestic or outdoor that they must carry out regularly. Most time boring and can also be stressful and unpleasant.
Take for example, a woman I know who must rise up very early in the morning to beat the traffic so she can get to office before opening hours. Sometimes she wakes around 4am to prepare soup or stew; clean the house before she leaves .She must also rush at about 12 noon to pick up her kids at exactly school closing time. What if she delays in picking the kids? That’s fine! But she would have to pay the school for every hour the school keeps watch over them after closing hours.
Despite all these, she still NEEDS to create time during the week or after work to shop at Ikota for Foodstuff, Groceries, and Toiletries etc or may decide to do all these over the weekend when she should be resting after a busy week.
In some homes the man handles the washing of cars, checking on the auto-mechanic, purchase of household items, payment of bills etc. You might ask rhetorically, why don’t they get a domestic staff? Even getting a domestic staff is not easy, you may not have the time to run around to properly search for a reliable individual who wouldn’t cause you more harm than good.SMH ,Do u know Lagos is even a town where getting a taxi to pick u up and drop off can even be a headache? Either you can’t reach any taxi man closeby on phone or the one you have his phonenumber has been held up in traffic at Iyana-Oba at 4:30pm while you are waiting for him to pick you up from your office in Victoria Island by 5pm..LOL.
Ask any Lagosian if they would like these burdens taken off their shoulder and they would immediately say yes “If Possible”. They add “If Possible” because they do not believe the burdens of these boring tasks could be taken off.
The good news is this, NEEDDS says we have come to totally take these burden of the shoulders of Lagosians.I visited their website needds.com to find out what exactly they are offering and I found them interesting and thought I should share some.
With a Phone dial NEEDDS would do the following for you
 Rush down to your home, take a list of the items you need to buy in the market i.e Okra, Melon, Pepper, Vegetable, Fruits, and all your foodstuff needs and deliver them neatly at your doorstep.
 They would do the running to pay all your Utility and DSTV bills
 NEEDD would send a car wash to your house to get all your vehicles washed
 When you in need of an auto mechanic they would send a mechanic to diagnose the problem using modern day computer system, fix it and put you vehicle back on the road
 They could arrange a Taxi to pickup and drop off your kids from school daily while you concentrate on your work
 They could prepare different pots of Soup and Stew with assorted meats and delicacies to be delivered at your door step
They are a whole lot of services I found there but I decided to share a few. In summary needs can do a lot to lighten or totally take of these unpleasant burdens caused by chores.
Personally I think NEEDDS is offering a good and valuable solution. I also observed that we can only reach need on their website needds.com or Telephone and I don’t think that is enough for the large clientele base they provide these services for. I suggest NEEDDS launches a user- friendly Mobile App to make it easier for us to reach them 24/7.
I also encourage readers who have engaged the services of NEEDDS to share their experiences on this thread from time to time.
Written BY
Osabuohien Elisha Uzamere

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The Benefits Of Eating Together As A Family / Is It A Case Of Stupidity Or Love? / A Strange Landlord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.