Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? (6340 Views)

Tanzanians Are Very Excited Because Jonathan Is Arriving Their Country. / Ghanaians Comments On Buhari Planned Visit To Their Country. / See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by canuck(m): 9:01pm On Jul 29, 2009
@ Topic - Great post!

Reminds me of a song we used to sing back in the day:

"I love my country I no go lie
Na inside am I go live and (quickly) die
When e twist me so, I twist am so
E push me, I push am, I no go go!"

Nigeria na wa!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by Fhemmmy: 9:04pm On Jul 29, 2009
canuck:

@ Topic - Great post!

Reminds me of a song we used to sing back in the day:

"I love my country I no go lie
Na inside am I go live and (quickly) die
When e twist me so, I twist am so
E push me, I push am, I no go go!"

Nigeria na wa!

I remember that song too oh, however, how many of the pple that used to sing that song are still in Nigeria?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by asha80(m): 9:08pm On Jul 29, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I remember that song too oh, however, how many of the pple that used to sing that song are still in Nigeria?

shocked shocked grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by Fhemmmy: 9:11pm On Jul 29, 2009
Nigeria has finally become an empty space occupied by those that have nothing to offer and those that still have some money to steal from the public wallet, and those that have a way to make it there.
but dnt get me wrong, there is money in Nigeria to be made, but u gotta belong
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by redsun(m): 9:30pm On Jul 29, 2009
iniguy:

. . . . . but can be revived to full functionality if the right type of leadership is in place and if the populace have a change of mentality.

Of course u are right,there should be war against indiscipline.Tunde Idaigbon should be immotalize not international thief thieves like abiola.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by canuck(m): 9:56pm On Jul 29, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Uh-oh! OK, you got me there! I no dey Naija again o, I don waka smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by bawomolo(m): 12:07am On Jul 30, 2009
They don't hate their country, they are disappointed in the untapped potential of their country.

African countries like Congo and Nigeria are big disappointments when the consider the resources at their disposal.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by Nobody: 12:15am On Jul 30, 2009
such topics are usually an excuse to get the usual Nigeria bashers in one place.

If its about tribe ( not including the Yoruba), then you have a different story.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by Thor(m): 8:54am On Jul 30, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Nigeria has finally become an empty space occupied by those that have nothing to offer and those that still have some money to steal from the public wallet, and those that have a way to make it there.
but dnt get me wrong, there is money in Nigeria to be made, but u gotta belong

It is true, there is a saying that goes:

'The only problem with corruption is when you are not involved or making money from it' grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by alias64: 12:25pm On Jul 30, 2009
www.nairaland.com/attachments/166775_Lagos_Shithole_jpg6074b916038a13c7fccf558a081ab291

I have lived like this once.

Back then, I did not have socks and shoes (samada or whatever they call it) like the boy in the picture and periodically suffered from parasites the like of which most of you cannot imagine. Looking back, I think those were the happiest days of my life.

Think carefully before replying because I have noticed you have a tendency to be glib and vacuous.

I like this picture and will keep using it in future.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by Thor(m): 12:36pm On Jul 30, 2009
alias64:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/166775_Lagos_Shithole_jpg6074b916038a13c7fccf558a081ab291

I have lived like this once.

Back then, I did not have socks and shoes (samada or whatever they call it) like the boy in the picture and periodically suffered from parasites the like of which most of you cannot imagine. Looking back, I think those were the happiest days of my life.

Think carefully before replying because I have noticed you have a tendency to be glib and vacuous.

I like this picture and will keep using it in future.

Then why don't you go back and live like that again if that is what makes you happy?

I can not believe anybody would want to live in the middle of an infected rubbish dump crawling with vermin 

PS. I am glad that my photo gave you some fond memories grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by alias64: 12:51pm On Jul 30, 2009
Stupid and vacuous reply:

Stupid, because your glib reply informs anyone who has an once of brain that in posting the picture you posted a metaphor and you do not even know that that was what you did and the best that you could have done.

Vacuous because I think you really meant that picture literally.

Finally, if you had any brain, you would realise I was challenging you to quantify happiness.

On the other hand, it is possible that you are not so much stupid as suffering from youth and inexperience or just being oyibo

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by kshow1(m): 3:02pm On Jul 30, 2009
why will i like a country that never believe am existing.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by JustGood(m): 3:22pm On Jul 30, 2009
I do understand alias' point. The happiness function is one that is not dependent on material wealth as a variable.

However, we should not say that happiness in the midst of penury is reason to stay in penury and wallow in the pits of economic poverty.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by redsun(m): 3:30pm On Jul 30, 2009
The picture is nauseating,the thought anybody living in such a  surrounding gives me goose pimples.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by redsun(m): 3:32pm On Jul 30, 2009
What is happening there?Not even pigs can cope in such condition.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by Kobojunkie: 3:37pm On Jul 30, 2009
Your Happiness is certainly not dependent on WHErE you are located. @Alias rant comparing Nigeria with Britain and other parts of Africa makes absolutely little sense considering people living in the same areas he condemned would likely come up with the same lines when speaking of the same.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by DOW(m): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2009
Because our leaders dont like us and have no plans for us.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by Chiddysville(m): 3:59pm On Jul 30, 2009
Nigeria in coma.
massob, mend, opc, boko haram to the rescue, ,
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by alias64: 4:21pm On Jul 30, 2009
Manila Philippines

A creek

Gee, but is this boy happy ---- unlike his parents

happiness is informed by perspective
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by Thor(m): 6:21pm On Jul 30, 2009
Because rubbish dumps exist in other third world countries does not make it right or acceptable that people have to live like that, especially in Nigeria where there is an abundance of natural resources.

Thinking back with fond memory to the time when you were infected with lice and had no shoes to me sounds horrible. I agree with the statement that it is not necessarily the surroundings that create happiness, but living in a pig sty such as that can surely not bring happiness at any cost and most normal people would look at such with revulsion.

If the difference between being happy is living on a small pile of goat shit or a large pile of goat shit then something is wrong  embarassed embarassed

I do not believe for one minute anybody wants to live in such disgusting circumstances and back to the original topic of this thread, this has to be a major reason why people would hate the country they live in, that a government could tolerate their citizens living in such poverty and filth  angry angry angry

Nigeria, powerhouse of Africa my ass  angry angry

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by Fhemmmy: 6:33pm On Jul 30, 2009
Thor:

Because rubbish dumps exist in other third world countries does not make it right or acceptable that people have to live like that, especially in Nigeria where there is an abundance of natural resources.

Thinking back with fond memory to the time when you were infected with lice and had no shoes to me sounds horrible. I agree with the statement that it is not necessarily the surroundings that create happiness, but living in a pig sty such as that can surely not bring happiness at any cost and most normal people would look at such with revulsion.

If the difference between being happy is living on a small pile of goat shit or a large pile of goat shit then something is wrong  embarassed embarassed

I do not believe for one minute anybody wants to live in such disgusting circumstances and back to the original topic of this thread, this has to be a major reason why people would hate the country they live in, that a government could tolerate their citizens living in such poverty and filth  angry angry angry

Nigeria, powerhouse of Africa my ass  angry angry

Tell them.
It is high time we stop measuring ourself with failure.
nigeria has what it takes to be one of the leading nations in the world, but leadership and our stupidity has made us one of the worse.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by Thor(m): 6:36pm On Jul 30, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Tell them.
It is high time we stop measuring ourself with failure.
nigeria has what it takes to be one of the leading nations in the world, but leadership and our stupidity has made us one of the worse.

You are correct, but also money needs to be spent where it is most needed and not line the pockets of a few corrupt fat cats angry angry
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by alias64: 6:52pm On Jul 30, 2009
Ghana

being Nigerians we don’t gloat at others.  Therefore, in that spirit of my people  I say well done Ghana,  don’t worry, with your electric power this will soon be a thing of the past unlike in India where having had electricity for decades the slums remain.

India

[img]http://www.sonic.net/~evolve/wp/human_ecology/slums_india_1.jpg[/img]

The smile on the boy in the picture seems even brighter. Maybe he is laughing at your pathetic rejoinder, thor, or maybe nok
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by Fhemmmy: 6:55pm On Jul 30, 2009
Thor:

You are correct, but also money needs to be spent where it is most needed and not line the pockets of a few corrupt fat cats angry angry

Yeah, but even if the money is given to the local people to do the biz, they will still chop am.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by Thor(m): 6:59pm On Jul 30, 2009
Third world is Third world is Third world.

Because slums exist in other countries does make make it right or acceptable that they exist in Nigeria.

LMAO, by your own actions you are trying to justify that Nigerians should live in slums because people in other countries also live in slums angry angry

The topic of this thread is 'Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country?' and not 'Why do  Nigerians hate their country, Ghana and India.

Let's stick to Nigeria and why people hate to live in it.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by Thor(m): 7:01pm On Jul 30, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Yeah, but even if the money is given to the local people to do the biz, they will still chop am.

You are probably right, it will be abused by the local people, that is why it needs to be controlled by respectable NGO's
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by alias64: 7:14pm On Jul 30, 2009
Thor
You are probably right, it will be abused by the local people, that is why it needs to be controlled by respectable NGO's

And there you have it why Nigerians are being taught to hate their country, it is because Oyibo is not yet in charge so he has his propaganda machine working full out, levers and gears worked by his organ grinder trained black monkeys. When he has made you hate yourself then he will sell you something.

Who’s the man? I’m the man, who’s the man? I’m the man lol
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by Thor(m): 7:21pm On Jul 30, 2009
alias64:

Thor

And there you have it why Nigerians are being thought to hate their country, it is because Oyibo is not yet in charge so he has his propaganda machine working full out, levers and gears worked by his organ grinder trained black monkeys. When he has made you hate yourself then he will sell you something.

Onye Igbo, Onye Yoruba or Oyibo, who cares as long as the problems are sorted out?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by defman: 7:28pm On Jul 30, 2009
I don't hate the country, I hate the leaders! Personally I think we would have been better off if oyinbos had remained in power. Compare and contrast.

Oyinbo would have stolen all our oil money to develop their own country but they would also have developed Nigeria.
Nigerians HAVE stolen all our oil money and saved in Oyinbo countries helping to develop those countries and they have NOT developed Nigeria.

Oyinbo would have treated us like slaves in our own land.
Nigerians ARE being treated like slaves in their own land. What do you call treatment by the police, military and all the executive forms of authority?

Oyinbo would not have allowed us to makee our own decisions
Nigerians HAVE not allowed us to make our own decisions.

I'm not saying Oyinbos should have remained here, I'm just stating the facts. We would have been better off if they had remained.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by iniguy(m): 11:19pm On Jul 30, 2009
You've made a little point there though delusional, The whites stayed in South Africa and developed a large part of that country. But we Nigerians must take our destiny in our hands, no one else can do that for us!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? by Freiburger(m): 11:47am On Feb 15, 2010
Coz now that things have turned upsidedown, not even one Nigerian is thinking of a solution. Instead greed is the way of life while other advanced countries are taking discipline is their way of life. Ask any Nigerian why the country is in that state, they will always open their mouth and blame the government forgeting that bad leaders can't function without bad followers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ibb: I’d Do Only One Term / Cabinet......buhari Insist On Fashola As Tinubu Kicks / Akpabio Dissociates Self From Bribery Allegation Against Tribunal Judges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.