Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1599) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11594668 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1596) (1597) (1598) (1599) (1600) (1601) (1602) ... (16121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:14pm On Sep 26, 2017
there's a popular saying if it ain't broke don't fix it so its only logical we continue to use a formation that has worked thus far for us. i watched rohr's interview on channels tv and he explained that as much as 4-2-3-1 is the base formation depending on how the match is progressing can switch to 4-5-1, 4-3-3 or even 4-4-2.

well yes the SA match was poor all round but sometimes having the best tactics may not be enough if your players are unable to carry out the game plan.

bar one or two players the list is largely ok. i still expect moses simon to start ahead of iwobi because of the former's defensive discipline.
if there's any change i would make to our starting XI it would be for rohr to be brave and start aina ahead of echeijile.

let's continue to be humble and focused

LET'S GO SUPER EAGLES AND FINISH THE JOB IN UYO

Mickael2:

apart from Echejile I did not mention any starter so I don't think replacing them will affect the team chemistry one bit. We are still building that we all know, we already have a starting XI so now we should be looking at a bench that can provide something better than the starters or atleast something close to that level, Uche Agbo at CB or Ahmed Musa at WF isn't a step in that direction. However I get your point about team chemistry, but all to his own.

Tactical managers are managers who can pull off something extraordinary. Rohr hasn't done that, we have one stagnant formation, every substitution we make during the game is just the same as removing a 2ohm resistor from a standard resistor and trying to replace it with another 2ohm resistor, no diversity at all, 4-2-3-1 till thy kingdom come. When tactical awareness was needed against SA well we came up short and we blamed it on the absence of key players but top teams don't blame any loss on the injuries to key players. Iniesta is a great player but without him, Spain would still field a strong team with another formation, that is because the coach is tactical

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 4:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
somehow:
Are you serious? Then maybe all the attempts at goal from Moses and Simon came from the midfield then.

Bro, Rohr will decide who gets to play, as for me, I want our wingers to remain and trouble the full backs of Zambia that day. When they have alot to deal with, they wouldn't even remember to forge forward to trouble us.

Our 2 goals against Zambia in the first leg came from the wings I think.

one of our goals was the brilliant interplay between Nacho and Ideye. If you remember that match, you will recall that the Zambians had a lot of joy down the flanks and created many chances, thanks be to God for Ikeme sha. I am making these suggestions solely on how our last match against them panned out. I don't see why a midfield combo of Mikel-Onazi-Ndidi with Iwobi helping out won't be able to hold their own against Zambia!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 4:37pm On Sep 26, 2017
And when we won the first leg, did we not play our wingers or use the wings? Watch the highlights again.

If it ain't broke, no fixing needed.
Mickael2:

one of our goals was the brilliant interplay between Nacho and Ideye. If you remember that match, you will recall that the Zambians had a lot of joy down the flanks and created many chances, thanks be to God for Ikeme sha. I am making these suggestions solely on how our last match against them panned out. I don't see why a midfield combo of Mikel-Onazi-Ndidi with Iwobi helping out won't be able to hold their own against Zambia!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 4:51pm On Sep 26, 2017
do4luv14:

there had been peace here before, even when thegoodjoe, and forgiveness were being tagged Babylonian, they take it in good faith, even if they wanna return it back, they don't involve ones parents,

no matter who started it first, they guy over step by insulting his mom,

we all owned it to THESUPERNERD to apologize, for the insults, but we don't, even CHRIMARIO instead of, being a pace maker, take sides and insult nerd, be that as it may,

we owned it to apologize to NERDIE, and I wants the mods, to ban anybody whoever involves ones parents here in what-ever mention, if its not in line with the thread,

. CASE CLOSED
yeah obviously. i hope we arrive at conflict resolution, which i pray make supernerd returns. yeah if the mods r awake anyway....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 4:57pm On Sep 26, 2017
Mickael2:

the team should not be touched for sure, what i am talking about here is the bench. If you noticed most of the players I talked about were all on the bench this last match and 90% of them weren't even deemed fit to enter the match against Cameroon so I am not sure we would be disrupting the team if we change them IMO
Exactly my point!! What's wrong with inviting Onyekuru or Kayode and bringing one of them on as subs instead of Musa?? I'm sorry but Echiejile has no business on this team anymore. He needs to be benched soon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 5:01pm On Sep 26, 2017
Joebie:
AFCON? You mean until the next WAFU? They are the UNDISPUTED Wafu champs. In fact they can keep winning it.

Funny enough, the european scouts will still choose a Rabiu Ali over any of their starting 11. The same Ali that cant even enter se bench o. Seems they've forgotten the core purpose of the cup @ghanaians.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 5:03pm On Sep 26, 2017
solonnachi:
Where is the Supernerd? Please I beg him to come out of retirement. Let him not play the Enyeama style. We need him on this forum
lol. who was the oliseh and who was the musa?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 6:15pm On Sep 26, 2017
somehow:
And when we won the first leg, did we not play our wingers or use the wings? Watch the highlights again.

If it ain't broke, no fixing needed.

against Zambia we played Iwobi, we only had one functional wing(MS's wing) and it was hardly functional. Our main play came through the middle mainly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 6:18pm On Sep 26, 2017
chrisooblog:
there's a popular saying if it ain't broke don't fix it so its only logical we continue to use a formation that has worked thus far for us. i watched rohr's interview on channels tv and he explained that as much as 4-2-3-1 is the base formation depending on how the match is progressing can switch to 4-5-1, 4-3-3 or even 4-4-2.

well yes the SA match was poor all round but sometimes having the best tactics may not be enough if your players are unable to carry out the game plan.

bar one or two players the list is largely ok. i still expect moses simon to start ahead of iwobi because of the former's defensive discipline.
if there's any change i would make to our starting XI it would be for rohr to be brave and start aina ahead of echeijile.

let's continue to be humble and focused

LET'S GO SUPER EAGLES AND FINISH THE JOB IN UYO

I agree sha but the sooner we fix it ourselves before someone exposes it the better for us. I mean we need to improve because this team isn't the finished article yet else Spain....hmmmm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 6:25pm On Sep 26, 2017
Mickael2:

Hmmm...You right. Ikeme kept us in dat game...If that same scenery pans out again... we'll lose... I think u making Lil sense man...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:29pm On Sep 26, 2017
He operated from the wings, then started changing position later in that match. Your point has been made, same with mine, its now left to the coach to do his job come Oct 7th.
Mickael2:

against Zambia we played Iwobi, we only had one functional wing(MS's wing) and it was hardly functional. Our main play came through the middle mainly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 6:36pm On Sep 26, 2017
Icon4s:

The more we ignore those attention seekers the better.

Take this advice now and thank me later.

Just wanted to rile him up a bit. See how quickly he jumped! Thanks dude

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
We totally outplayed and outclassed them in the first half and should've scored a lot more than 2 goals if not that we were a little wasteful. They pressed us late in the second half, especially after they scored one goal, which is understandable because:
1) they were chasing the game
2) our players got tired, having arrived Zambia just the previous night

Some of you guys really need to learn how to analyze games before you start yarning dust!

O pari

Certitude:

Hmmm...You right. Ikeme kept us in dat game...If that same scenery pans out again... we'll lose... I think u making Lil sense man...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 6:46pm On Sep 26, 2017
Mickael2:

I agree sha but the sooner we fix it ourselves before someone exposes it the better for us. I mean we need to improve because this team isn't the finished article yet else Spain....hmmmm
yes I agree we need to have a plan B formation that we can fit into seamlessly in cases where games are not going the way we hope or the opposition has us figured out but the truth is it's damn hard finding a formation that consistently works for you in modern football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:48pm On Sep 26, 2017
Thank you for making some solid points.

Like I had said before, with Ikeme's recent health scare, we need to start searching for goalkeepers. These 3 we've kept inviting over and over and over again are definitely NOT the solution, so I was quite happy to see Rohr giving another goalkeeper a chance. I am quite sure that we have some goalkeepers in Nigeria, even in the academies, who are better than Akpeyi, Alampasu, and Ezenwa. The problem is that our local coaches are too lazy to search them out.

O pari

Kog45:
Thanks for this and people are clamouring their inclusion in d team.Super Eagles is not for dick and harry and we must always show that respect.

Alampasu making d team was his past exploiits in d colour of junior team,nothing more and for Ajiboye to displace him,i wasn't surprise.

We should just agreed that w lack quality keepers for now but not to d extent of inviting keeper from obscure league,funny enough some are not even first choice in their clubside,so what are d yardsticks for clamouring for their invitations.

We just need to groom d likes of Emma Daniel and Alampasu for d future.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:06pm On Sep 26, 2017
tglobal:

Jealous of what abeg? shocked

Wetin we no go read for here

That username just surfaced and exhibited one of the Nerd's habit, so don't be surprised that was Nerd in a different moniker. Nigga always feel he is better than everyone and that everybody is jealous of his achievements. If u were here when he had a fight with da Bigblangston, u would understand this better. This guy (Nerd) went as far as calling Blangston a low life riff raff who was jealous of his achievements as a youngster. A guy above 25 still called himself a youngster? was the question and correction from one of the thread members. He feels he has better career than everyone else whereas he doesn't have the slightest idea what each and everyone of us does for a living neither does he know our achievements in life. Just because we lot don't come here reeling out our achievements in life like he does, doesn't make us underachievers. Throughout my stay here, I have noticed one thing about him... Nigga is so full of himself and he has no regards whatsoever for whoever has a different opinion from his. He always wants everything to go his way. He is too emotional and saucy, reason he gets into quarrels more often than not, Safari had same trait (emotional and saucy) but turned a new live after the invasion some months ago. Seriously, if that guy doesn't change his way, he would have more enemies than friends even in real life.

He fought Blangston, he fought da Forgiveness and now this new dude and...counting. Who else gets into fights like he does? Too much reading of the book called "the secret of power" He ain't no kid no more but he is too puerile for my liking.

But above all, guy is a great analyst and knows the game inside out. But his attitude remains his undoing.

13 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:18pm On Sep 26, 2017
mumemma:
But Ebuehi has been playing games in and out every weekend. What is Elderson doing there....that guy is having a psychological down turn now ..............

He may be doing so but the league he is in is a weak one. The reality is that Ebuehi no disrespect intended will struggle to get into the U21 of a EPL top six academy.

However, he has been invited and should be given a chance to show what he can do. He should not be left to just make up numbers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cromz(m): 7:24pm On Sep 26, 2017
komekn:

He may be doing so but the league he is in is a weak one. The reality is that Ebuehi no disrespect intended will struggle to get into the U21 of a EPL top six academy.

However, he has been invited and should be given a chance to show what he can do. He should not be left to just make up numbers.
you call the Dutch league a weak league?? a league that produced the likes of luiz Suarez and others. how will u say ebuehi will struggle to get into the u21 of EPL top six academies if he's mediocre rohr wouldn't HV called him up and go as far as persuading him. He's a prospective talent who shouldn't be looked down upon.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:38pm On Sep 26, 2017
I just reviewed Zambia's game against Algeria, Very beatable side. The goal against Algeria in the second leg benefitted from a huge slice of luck. If our defense is as organized as it was against Cameroon, we should be fine.

Zambia appears to be vulnerable on set-pieces, corner kicks and free kicks into the box.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:48pm On Sep 26, 2017
komekn:

you've started again with this your epl supremacy...
same epl players that could not take England beyond group stage in the last world cup....where Netherland with so much of their own league players....
clinch the bronze medal...and Uruguay even wit MLS players gave them two unreplied goals

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 7:50pm On Sep 26, 2017
It better not oh.
Joebie:
I THINK it won't unless it's a CAF tournament.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 7:51pm On Sep 26, 2017
The Dutch league is only ranked 12th I think.
I know where he is coming from.

Humility017:

same epl players that could not take England beyond group stage in the last world cup....where Netherland with so much of their own league players....
clinch the bronze medal...and Uruguay even wit MLS players gave them two unreplied goals

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:51pm On Sep 26, 2017
tbaba1234:
I just reviewed Zambia's game against Algeria, Very beatable side. The goal against Algeria in the second leg benefitted from a huge slice of luck. If our defense is as organized as it was against Cameroon, we should be fine.

Zambia appears to be vulnerable on set-pieces, corner kicks and free kicks into the box.

Algeria were also wasteful in that game... I've said it already we will beat Zambia comfortably so far we don't underrate them..

There is nothing special in their team..Its the performance of their u-20 at the world cup that's making them over confident
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:58pm On Sep 26, 2017
libero808:

all he knows...as the best...is anything English besides that...nothing else.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:00pm On Sep 26, 2017
cromz:
you call the Dutch league a weak league?? a league that produced the likes of luiz Suarez and others. how will u say ebuehi will struggle to get into the u21 of EPL top six academies if he's mediocre rohr wouldn't HV called him up and go as far as persuading him. He's a prospective talent who shouldn't be looked down upon.
thank you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 8:01pm On Sep 26, 2017
ChrisKels:

That username just surfaced and exhibited one of the Nerd's habit, so don't be surprised that was Nerd in a different moniker. Nigga always feel he is better than everyone and that everybody is jealous of his achievements. If u were here when he had a fight with da Bigblangston, u would understand this better. This guy (Nerd) went as far as calling Blangston a low life riff raff who was jealous of his achievements as a youngster. A guy above 25 still called himself a youngster? was the question and correction from one of the thread members. He feels he has better career than everyone else whereas he doesn't have the slightest idea what each and everyone of us does for a living neither does he know our achievements in life. Just because we lot don't come here reeling out our achievements in life like he does, doesn't make us underachievers. Throughout my stay here, I have noticed one thing about him... Nigga is so full of himself and he has no regards whatsoever for whoever has a different opinion from his. He always wants everything to go his way. He is too emotional and saucy, reason he gets into quarrels more often than not, Safari had same trait (emotional and saucy) but turned a new live after the invasion some months ago. Seriously, if that guy doesn't change his way, he would have more enemies than friends even in real life.

He fought Blangston, he fought da Forgiveness and now this new dude and...counting. Who else gets into fights like he does? Too much reading of the book called "the secret of power" He ain't no kid no more but he is too puerile for my liking.

But above all, guy is a great analyst and knows the game inside out. But his attitude remains his undoing.
don't say what you don't know. My moniker ain't new here ok and I ain't no supernerd. I still stand by what I said earlier, and if you have problem with my statement, that's your cup of tea. If you feel intimidated by thesupernerd way of showing off, it isn't my business. i just want to let you know that I am not thesupernerd but I like his attitude. Nothing wrong to praise yourself and he doesn't need to apologise if his attitude make anyone feel inferior.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:13pm On Sep 26, 2017
FIFA 18 no go kee me. Isaac Success and Henry Onyekuru are listed as midfielders. Im i missing something? funny enough, Jay Jay is our best midfielder. no Mikel among the top 10
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:15pm On Sep 26, 2017
libero808:

thank God you know
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:16pm On Sep 26, 2017
daveP:
FIFA 18 no go kee me. Isaac Success and Henry Onyekuru are listed as midfielders. Im i missing something? funny enough, Jay Jay is our best midfielder. no Mikel among the top 10
FIFA 18 NA JOKE
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:19pm On Sep 26, 2017
maidaboi:
Breaking
leicester city sign a nigerian fan maidaboi from fc Barcelona on a season loan for an undisclosed fee
source..
His nairaland account
hmm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:21pm On Sep 26, 2017
maidaboi:
Some people giving excuses for iheanacho is like the are afriad he will flop even when he has not play a complete 90 minutes
please lets wait for aleast 5 more matches
as for me i have confidance in him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:23pm On Sep 26, 2017
Humility017:

Firstly the EPL is the most international league in the World without any doubt. The 5/6 top EPL clubs are capable of fielding a 1st 11 without a single English players. On average the top 5 clubs will very rarely have more than 3/4 English players in the team.

In comparison the the Spanish, Italian, German, French, Portuguese first division teams are the complete opposite.

Your analogy is without substance as national team prominence and or superiority is not a reflection of the domestic league quality.

Which leagues do the top players in the world play? What league does the cream of the Dutch team play in.

England is ranked currently at about 15 but the EPL is ranked in the top 3 in the world in some assessments it is ranked number 1

So your comments is prejudiced sentiment very far from objective observations and or measurement.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1596) (1597) (1598) (1599) (1600) (1601) (1602) ... (16121) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.