Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (479) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11592728 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (16121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 4:51pm On Jan 23, 2017
Exclusive – Nigerian Wonder kid Aliyu Mahmoud Signs Pre-Contract Agreement With Ajax, Sent To Ajax Cape Town

Highly rated Nigerian teen Aliyu Mahmoud has signed a pre contract agreement with Dutch giants Ajax Amsterdam, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

The Mutunchi Academy trainee was sighted by scouts of Ajax Amsterdam during a game for his school team in England as exclusively reported by Owngoalnigeria.com.

Mahmoud impressed handlers of the team during a short trial and was subsequently handed a contract which will become valid once he turns 18 in two years time.

He will however spend more time with Ajax Academy in South Africa due to visa issues, but his progress will be monitored by the club, and he will travel and train with the B team in Amsterdam before he turns 18.” He has agreed a pre contract with Ajax, which will metamorphose into a full contract once he turns 18.

He will be 16 later in the year so let’s say in two years time”, Auwal Mutunchi the president of his nursery team in Nigeria Mutunchi Academy told Owngoalnigeria.com.”

For the main time he won’t be in Amsterdam due to visa issues, so he will spend more time with Ajax franchise in South Africa, Ajax Capetown. They will monitor his progress duringhis time there.” During his stay there he will travel to Amsterdam and train with the B team. We are all happy for him. He truly deserve this chance”.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/23/exclusive-nigerian-wonderkid-aliyu-mahmoud-signs-pre-contract-agreement-with-ajax-sent-to-ajax-cape-town/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:01pm On Jan 23, 2017
Impressive Victor Moses Bags Assist In Chelsea Win Over Hull City

Chelsea extended their advantage at the top of the Premier League standings following a routine 2-0 victory over Hull City at Stamford Bridge on Sunday evening.

The Tigers were solid defensively and didn’t concede until the seventh minute of first-half stoppage time when Diego Costa netted his 15th goal of the season, with Nigeria star Victor Moses providing the assist.

Though Chelsea were not at their very best, they managed to score a second goal in the 81st minute through Gary Cahill.

Cesc Fabregas crossed the ball into the box from a free kick, and the England defender headed home from a couple of yards.

Moses, who made his 21st appearance of the season, played the full game, while youngsters Ola Aina, Fikayo Tomori and Dominic Solanke did not make the Blues squad.

Following the win, Chelsea have 55 points in the kitty after 22 rounds, eight more than nearest challengers Arsenal.

Igho Kingsley

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21805
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tarzaa(m): 6:35pm On Jan 23, 2017
The boy's form is now very good.
terzurum5:
Impressive Victor Moses Bags Assist In Chelsea Win Over Hull City

Chelsea extended their advantage at the top of the Premier League standings following a routine 2-0 victory over Hull City at Stamford Bridge on Sunday evening.

The Tigers were solid defensively and didn’t concede until the seventh minute of first-half stoppage time when Diego Costa netted his 15th goal of the season, with Nigeria star Victor Moses providing the assist.

Though Chelsea were not at their very best, they managed to score a second goal in the 81st minute through Gary Cahill.

Cesc Fabregas crossed the ball into the box from a free kick, and the England defender headed home from a couple of yards.

Moses, who made his 21st appearance of the season, played the full game, while youngsters Ola Aina, Fikayo Tomori and Dominic Solanke did not make the Blues squad.

Following the win, Chelsea have 55 points in the kitty after 22 rounds, eight more than nearest challengers Arsenal.

Igho Kingsley

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21805
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tarzaa(m): 6:41pm On Jan 23, 2017
Very good reasoning. The more the playing time, the more he improves.
terzurum5:
Kelechi Iheanacho Should Be Loaned Out To A Premier League Club – Jack Heale

Kelechi Iheancho has had a quick rise to fame at Manchester City beginning with his promotion to the first team from the academy back in the 2015/16 season.

He quickly established himself as a fans favorite under the reigns of Pelligrini with scoring the winner at Crystal Palace to sustain City’s five-game winning streak at the time in the Premier League.

From then he scored a further 13 goals in all competitions reflecting his impressive season imposing a threat to defences amongst the league’s best.

The 20-year-old Nigerian has recently fallen to third choice striker under Guardiola with the arrival of Brazilian wonder kid Gabriel Jesus whose flair and intelligence thrills the City faithful who are immensely excited to have him at their disposal.

Kelechi has only had a handful of starts this season and even with a return of six goals Pep still evidently lacks faith in the forward reflected by his lack of appearances during Aguero’s four-game suspension in which Raheem Sterling and Kevin De Bruyne, both unnatural strikers, were preferred for the position.

He has recently won Africa’s most promising player to partner his clinical finishing and sharpness within the box.

However there is still a lot to learn for the young forward with his technical ability such as first touch and dribbling needing improvement for him to a become the much more complete attacker.

Not only this, his off the ball intelligence to make logical runs in behind and when to press the opposition’s back line and when not to needs work but the majority of his weaknesses can be learned however it will take time for this progression to occur.

With him having the goal scoring prowess and ability to be scoring at least 15 goals a season if he was provided first team opportunities.

The player with the best goal to minute’s ratio in Premier League history, only the Argentinian ace comes close with a goal every 107.1 minutes in comparison to Kelechi’s goal every 95.7 minutes, would love the chance to be finding the net for a mid-table side.

Week in week football is needed to enhance his growth as a player, and a relegation threatened team might become the answer. He may become an integral part in their survival for the remainder of the campaign returning to City as a more complete forward.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/23/kelechi-iheanacho-should-be-loaned-out-to-a-premier-league-club-jack-heale/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:52pm On Jan 23, 2017
Icon4s:

grin I recall when TheGoodJoe was arguing with me that this guy was better than Karo Etebo.

LOLS. Arguing how. Na wa. I had not watched much of Etebo and was impressed with Usman Mohammed's impact at the CHAN. I believe he is quality but you told me you prefer Etebo. You said you have watched Etebo closely and feel he is a better talent. I said I will watch and judge at Rio. Etebo did well. I feel Etebo is better now but that does not mean I do not see Usman as quality. I hope he sorts out his challenges.

That was not arguing but stating my preference. Na wa.
grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:55pm On Jan 23, 2017
Icon4s:

You as a City fan, do you think it would be of the club's best interest to let Aguero go?. Forget about ur desire for Iheanacho to fill that position.

Iheanacho apart, I think letting Aguero go is the right decision. We need more pace up front. Similar to what Suarez gives to Barcelona. If you noticed like in the game against Tottenham Hotspur, Sterling did a lot of the pressing.

Aguero is not more as fast as before. I do not see him getting that speed back.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:57pm On Jan 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Please put 'hopefully' in front of that sentence.

Nope. He will keep improving. So far, we are yet to get negative reports of Nacho at City. My only fear is injury. I believe he is at the right place to fulfill his potential. He just has to stick to the routines and lifestyle.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:04pm On Jan 23, 2017
promzyphyno:

My broda like I have told you forget all this drill shit.....I read for exams expecting to write for 30mins and u gave me 6 mins,HOW D HELL AM I SUPPOSE TO PASS...if nacho was quadiola's favourite,he would be playing...who was busquets when yaya was playing at barca.??abi yaya didn't get ur so called DRILLING??if he didn't,hw come he is playing nw?....be truthfull for once,ur coach has preferance simple!!!

You make it look like Yaya was the midfield king of Barca before the arrival of Pep. It was Edmilson. When Pep took over Barca, Yaya was not a big player. Seydou Keita was even bigger than Yaya. It was easy to slot in Busquets because Busquets worked in the academy with Guardiola. He understood Guardiola’s philosophy and than others.

Aguero is one of the best strikers in the history of the EPL. Dropping him for Nacho was never going to be an easy task. Also, remember Aguero played in Spain. So he understands a lot of Spanish football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:04pm On Jan 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Hmmm.. nice contribution. Your head dey their.

Iheanacho should keep working hard at City. If we want to see that future 'world beater' tag that we have placed on him it should start from where he is now. Did Messi or Ronaldo go on any loan spell because of lack of game time when they were 20years olds. At 20 Messi was already running down defenses at the Spanish league and also at 20 Ronaldo was already making the heads in the EPL. Iheanacho has come of age. Going by our earlier expectations on the boy he should be a regular at City by now.

cc: TheGoodJoe, TheSuperNerd.

Oga Messi and Ronaldo at the time had coaches that wrapped their hands around them and ensured they made it. Iwobi has that now with Wenger. We have to remember that Pep knew Messi when he was just a boy. I am not in a rush to loan him out but we have to be honest, if Athletico or Dortmond sell their strikers then he should consider one of them. Iheanacho is young and has time but we have football to play and we need the best players. Him leaving Man city right now would be more of an escape, this their season could be bad for him. Right now we run the risk of him blaming himself for their bad runs, which is complete rubbish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:08pm On Jan 23, 2017
promzyphyno:

My broda like I have told you forget all this drill shit.....I read for exams expecting to write for 30mins and u gave me 6 mins,HOW D HELL AM I SUPPOSE TO PASS...if nacho was quadiola's favourite,he would be playing...who was busquets when yaya was playing at barca.??abi yaya didn't get ur so called DRILLING??if he didn't,hw come he is playing nw?....be truthfull for once,ur coach has preferance simple!!!

If you followed Yaya's comments during the time he was left out from the team, he hammered that he was working very hard on the training pitch to convince Guardiola to let him back into the team. One of the impressive development of Yaya is his ability to now control the midfield with smooth passes. He is tracking get back faster and playing with higher intensity.

Guardiola drills City players regularly. Rohr drills our Super Eagles players when they are in camp. I wonder why the term is so foreign to you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:09pm On Jan 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd you don come back? Confirmcheesy atleast we now have somebody who can type long replies to TheGoodJoe, most people don tire for am

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:11pm On Jan 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Hmmm.. nice contribution. Your head dey their.

Iheanacho should keep working hard at City. If we want to see that future 'world beater' tag that we have placed on him it should start from where he is now. Did Messi or Ronaldo go on any loan spell because of lack of game time when they were 20years olds. At 20 Messi was already running down defenses at the Spanish league and also at 20 Ronaldo was already making the heads in the EPL. Iheanacho has come of age. Going by our earlier expectations on the boy he should be a regular at City by now.

No one is saying, he should leave City. He should give himself a fighting chance and sometimes going on loan might be the platform.. A confident Kelechi will always score goals. Once, a coach does not trust you, it is difficult to do anything. He needs a place where the manager will trust him and give him more freedom.

Lukaku had to leave Chelsea on loan before his talents were recognized. He could have stayed there, warming the bench for Drogba and Costa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:11pm On Jan 23, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Oga Messi and Ronaldo at the time had coaches that wrapped their hands around them and ensured they made it. Iwobi has that now with Wenger. We have to remember that Pep knew Messi when he was just a boy. I am not in a rush to loan him out but we have to be honest, if Athletico or Dortmond sell their strikers then he should consider one of them. Iheanacho is young and has time but we have football to play and we need the best players. Him leaving Man city right now would be more of an escape, this their season could be bad for him. Right now we run the risk of him blaming himself for their bad runs, which is complete rubbish.

Assumptions. You want Iheanacho to leave City because you assume he will blame himself. What about if he lands at a club where the coach has no time to develop him? Do you know young players suffer when they are in a position where most of the training is not developmental?

What Nacho needs is to work hard and raise his quality. Game time will come.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:13pm On Jan 23, 2017
tbaba1234:

No one is saying, he should leave City. He should give himself a fighting chance and sometimes going on loan might be the platform.. A confident Kelechi will always score goals. Once, a coach does not trust you, it is difficult to do anything. He needs a place where the manager will trust him and give him more freedom.

Lukaku had to leave Chelsea on loan before his talents were recognized. He could have stayed there, warming the bench for Drogba and Costa.

I get all that but this is not the time to fight for playing but develop himself. The dieting, high intensity training etc, is what Iheanacho needs now. When once he has mastered it, the next thing is to fight for his place in the team.

This is the time for development and he gains a lot working with Guardiola.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by promzyphyno(m): 8:13pm On Jan 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

You make it look like Yaya was the midfield king of Barca before the arrival of Pep. It was Edmilson. When Pep took over Barca, Yaya was not a big player. Seydou Keita was even bigger than Yaya. It was easy to slot in Busquets because Busquets worked in the academy with Guardiola. He understood Guardiola’s philosophy and than others.

Aguero is one of the best strikers in the history of the EPL. Dropping him for Nacho was never going to be an easy task. Also, remember Aguero played in Spain. So he understands a lot of Spanish football.

Good,which brings us to d same question,must nacho play under guadiola??must he drill to death cause guadiola is d coach??....if you truly want nacho to grow,you won't say all this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:15pm On Jan 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Baba, where did you get that from?! Let me make it simple for you, Yaya Toure went from starting the 2008 champions league final to warming the bench for Busquets, so I ask is it that he stopped responding to Pep's drills after that 08 final or what exactly? Toure was one of the top dogs, a versatile player. I know he started a lot of games as a CB so that Barca could effectively switch to a 3-4-3 with Abidal falling into the 3rd CB slot, so I don't know where you got the impression that Toure wasn't important
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:18pm On Jan 23, 2017
promzyphyno:

Good,which brings us to d same question,must nacho play under guadiola??must he drill to death cause guadiola is d coach??....if you truly want nacho to grow,you won't say all this

If I truly want Nacho to grow. That is hilarious.

Let me give you a brief history. Before Nacho joined City, I was one of those rooting for him to go there. I believed it was the right environment with the right challenge to grow. I also believed working with Pellegrini will make him improve too. I knew Jovetic, Silva, Nasri and Yaya Toure were monumental for Nacho to get playing time in midfield. Back then Nacho was a midfielder.

I watched the young man grow at City and I still believe that was a better option than Porto.

So know that, Nacho's growth is not just important to me but to Manchester City.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:22pm On Jan 23, 2017
Mickael2:

Baba, where did you get that from?! Let me make it simple for you, Yaya Toure went from starting the 2008 champions league final to warming the bench for Busquets, so I ask is it that he stopped responding to Pep's drills after that 08 final or what exactly? Toure was one of the top dogs, a versatile player. I know he started a lot of games as a CB so that Barca could effectively switch to a 3-4-3 with Abidal falling into the 3rd CB slot, so I don't know where you got the impression that Toure wasn't important

It is Guardiola that played Toure in Center back from the best of my knowledge. Not Rijkaard. By the time Guardiola took over Barca, Busquet was key to the future of the club. Along with Pique. Yaya Toure was not a top dog.

I repeat, Keita was bigger than him. Remember the dominance of Sevilla under Juande Ramos with Dani Alves and Keita. Yaya was never on their level before he left Barcelona.

Yaya was never a Barcelona top dog.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by promzyphyno(m): 8:29pm On Jan 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

If I truly want Nacho to grow. That is hilarious.

Let me give you a brief history. Before Nacho joined City, I was one of those rooting for him to go there. I believed it was the right environment with the right challenge to grow. I also believed working with Pellegrini will make him improve too. I knew Jovetic, Silva, Nasri and Yaya Toure were monumental for Nacho to get playing time in midfield. Back then Nacho was a midfielder.

I watched the young man grow at City and I still believe that was a better option than Porto.

So know that, Nacho's growth is not just important to me but to Manchester City.

Am sure you know of d saying dat "no b hu read book na im sabi book,but na hu pass exams na im sabi book"....

Well my broda,let nacho stay and learn drills o,while iwobi gains game time,assists,goals,confidence etc

Like professor JohnBull would say "over and out"
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by promzyphyno(m): 8:40pm On Jan 23, 2017
Mickael2:

My broda leave the Goodjoe,that statement showed me that the goodjoe just love arguing and I must say he is good at it,let's watch see nacho devlop by just drilling and drilling and drilling his way down d pecking order...lolz

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:45pm On Jan 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Assumptions. You want Iheanacho to leave City because you assume he will blame himself. What about if he lands at a club where the coach has no time to develop him? Do you know young players suffer when they are in a position where most of the training is not developmental?

What Nacho needs is to work hard and raise his quality. Game time will come.

So out of what i said u found blaming himself as my reason for him going on loan? How about him having a coach who will take it on himself to make Nacho a star? Dortmond and Athletico are top teams with coaches who are leading the way in player development as we speak, all i'm saying to the boy is if they come calling he should listen. Players like Nacho don't get better by playing or training, they are already better than the rest but they need the love of a coach to get them to their potential. That's what Ronaldo and Messi always had.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 8:50pm On Jan 23, 2017
Mickael2:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 8:54pm On Jan 23, 2017
Mickael2:

lol get ur fact right!! busquet started d final also as a midfielder,toure was use bcuz of d non-availability of player through suspension nd toure never played in a tree man back line under pep! it abidal-pique-alves or puyol playing in place of pique or alves

Toure lost his place 2 keita first, nd d later losing it to busquet, just bcuz segie is a good passer of d ball Dan both,he hardly lose possession. it just d same btween thiago nd cesc, pep prefer using thiago in midfield to cesc due to his passing game. it d coach philosophy, he sort 4 d best, who could fit into his game plan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:56pm On Jan 23, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

So out of what i said u found blaming himself as my reason for him going on loan? How about him having a coach who will take it on himself to make Nacho a star? Dortmond and Athletico are top teams with coaches who are leading the way in player development as we speak, all i'm saying to the boy is if they come calling he should listen. Players like Nacho don't get better by playing or training, they are already better than the rest but they need the love of a coach to get them to their potential. That's what Ronaldo and Messi always had.

There is no guarantee he will get a better attention at another club. It is hoping. He is with Guardiola. A man who has a history of improving players. Guardiola has said it repeatedly he rates Nacho.

Just like Sane who Guardiola rates highly. He is also not seeing games. That does not mean Guardiola does not take it upon himself to make Sane a Super Star.

Sorry if I came out rude and harsh.

As I said, let Iheanacho learn. The time to show what he has learnt will come.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 8:57pm On Jan 23, 2017
Mickael2:
TheSuperNerd you don come back? Confirmcheesy atleast we now have somebody who can type long replies to TheGoodJoe, most people don tire for am
grin Anytime I see blue like this, na scroll I dey scroll. My business na lakesidepapa money. Senegal vs Cameroun. Oshey!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 8:57pm On Jan 23, 2017
(MODIFIED) Greetings to the guys in the house The SIRS: Icon4s, thegoodjoe, Thesupernerd (welcome back), safarigirl, Joseph1013, terzurum and all other honourable members.
It's been a while I commented on this thread but I have been following all sir Joseph's national team threads both male and female.
Actually I need an advice on a project topic I want to propose In school and I want to know what you guys think about it. I'll appreciate your opinion(s)..... the topic is "THE INFLUX OF FOREIGN FOOTBALL LEAGUES IN OUR MASS MEDIA AND IT'S EFFECT ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE NIGERIA PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE (NPFL).
OR THE ROLE OF THE MASS MEDIA ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE NPFL. NB: These are topics I want to present for my lecturer, I just want a topic based on football in Nigeria or Sports.
I'll appreciate your contributions and opinions Thanks

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:04pm On Jan 23, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Nacho is moving faster and playing with more intensity under Guardiola. Saying needs love to develop does not add for me. He needs to keep persevering. He needs to keep working hard. He needs to learn how to move fast with the ball on his feet. It will take a lot of work to get to that level.

That I the beauty of following Guardiola. At 34, Yaya could show improvement in his midfield control game. Talk less of a young man like Nacho. Even Lahm who was at the top of his game believes Guardiola improved him. Messi who was the third best player in the World improved under Guardiola.

Nacho still has a lot to learn. The more he learns, the more lethal he becomes. I hope Sane's improvement motivates Nacho to strive harder.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 9:06pm On Jan 23, 2017
joseph1013:
grin Anytime I see blue like this, na scroll I dey scroll. My business na lakesidepapa money. Senegal vs Cameroun. Oshey!
smiley smiley Never say die! Cameroun go chop am, I still keep it tight!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:17pm On Jan 23, 2017
peterd53:

lol get ur fact right!! busquet started d final also as a midfielder,toure was use bcuz of d non-availability of player through suspension nd toure never played in a tree man back line under pep! it abidal-pique-alves or puyol playing in place of pique or alves

Toure lost his place 2 keita first, nd d later losing it to busquet, just bcuz segie is a good passer of d ball Dan both,he hardly lose possession. it just d same btween thiago nd cesc, pep prefer using thiago in midfield to cesc due to his passing game. it d coach philosophy, he sort 4 d best, who could fit into his game plan.

Maybe you should have watched some of those games before talking. Alves has never, will never and can never play in a 3 man backline. Alves is the wingback for Christ sake, whenever Barca switches to a back 3, Alves is always the defender who moves into a midfield position.

In that final in question, Toure started as a defender and that's my point, at the beginning of the season he was the starting CB but Pep started playing him out of position just to accomodate Busquets, at that point Yaya Toure was better than Busquets hands down, if you were a barca fan by then you'd know that it was a general consensus.

PS: please do not say it outside that Alves can play in a back 3, people will just think that you do not watch football

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 9:20pm On Jan 23, 2017
Danycrusoe:
Greetings to the guys in the house The SIRS: Icon4s, thegoodjoe, Thesupernerd (welcome back), safarigirl, Joseph1013, terzurum and all other honourable members.
It's been a while I commented on this thread but I have been following all sir Joseph's national team threads both male and female.
Actually I need an advice on a project topic I want to propose In school and I want to know what you guys think about it. I'll appreciate your opinion(s)..... the topic is "THE INFLUX OF FOREIGN FOOTBALL LEAGUES AND IT'S EFFECT ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE NIGERIA PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE (NPFL).
OR THE ROLE OF THE MASS MEDIA ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE NPFL. NB: These are topics I want to present for my lecturer, I just want a topic based on football in Nigeria or Sports.
I'll appreciate your contributions and opinions Thanks
Goodjoe you are needed here, come give this topic some good Drill
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by adriel39(m): 9:34pm On Jan 23, 2017
terzurum5:
"The New Super Eagles Thread: Russia 2018 World Cup and The Dawn of a New Era (The Next Golden Generation)".

Yeah still loading undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:39pm On Jan 23, 2017
peterd53:

several penalties. On the other
hand, Abidal was wrongly sent-off in that
match and Barcelona’s performance in
the final was superb. In the 2009
Champions League final, Barcelona were
truly dominant against Manchester
United. At this time, United had Cristiano
Ronaldo (in his final season before
joining Real Madrid) who was considered
the best player in the world. Barcelona
played the game without Abidal and
Alves in defense. This resulted in Sylvinho
playing at left-back and Carlos Puyol
playing at right-back (where he started
his career). A third position was also
affected, as Toure played at center-back,
with Sergio Busquets playing the
defensive midfield role.

From this you can now understand that it was Busquets who benefited from the injuries and suspensions not Toure, Toure was used as a defender because of his versatility. It was the next season that Busquets started getting recognized which led to Toure's departure in 2010. Next time get your facts right

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (16121) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Subzerooo, Truidstarr, HoraCanada(m), victornoah(m), typicalgamer(m), humility33(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.