Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11687684 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 4:45pm On Jan 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

That is understandable. When Aguero or Bony injured or not performed well, Nacho got to play because Pellegrini plays with two top strikers. That is all. Now we play with one under Guardiola. Simple.

I have said repeatedly, this is the time for development, not glory. A year or two under Guardiola will give him that development. After that, glory.

I said this before Guardiola joined City.
How do you rate these "development" is it by attending his training session or watching him sit on the bench since not getting playing time don't matter.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:56pm On Jan 22, 2017
zicky:
How do you rate these "development" is it by attending his training session or watching him sit on the bench since not getting playing time don't matter.

By watching closely.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
Sep 03, 2016

TheGoodJoe:

I hope Nacho starts. Guardiola is alre

ady in the bad books of many Manchester City Fans. They are angry with the departures of Nasri and most especially heart.

I expect Guardiola to cool their blood by starting their favorite Iheanacho.

Guardiola is here to win titles and he is going about it the way he wants. I think we should allow him make his decisions.

We are seeing the development of Sterling in Manchester City. It shows Guardiola's tweak of Messi was not a fluke.

I think Iheanacho needs the training than the game time. If Coach Guardiola leaves him on the bench, Iheanacho should embrace it and keep learning.

Although I doubt Iheanacho will not make the starting line up after Guardiola tagged him "A NATURAL GOAL SCORER.

https://www.nairaland.com/3018619/new-super-eagles-thread-russia/35#49050346

This is an example of my view which I believed even before Guardiola came. I genuinely see Nacho improving and become a better player working hard under Guardiola's training system.

This statement was made not long after Guardiola became a Cityzen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
I read few pages back that u (TheSuperNerd) r finally back, I wan sing u a special welcome-back song with this kind story wey dey tortori u...

( Picture Evidence): Ex- Eaglet
Goalkepper Uzoho Make The
Step Up To First Team Of
Deportivo La Coruna

Former Nigeria U-17 goalkepper Francis Odinaka
Uzoho has wasted no time in making the step
up to the main team of La Liga side Deportivo
La Coruna.
Uzoho joined the team on the 13th of January
as exclusively reported by Owngoalnigeria.com,
but the 18 year old was expected to spend
more time with the B team than the main team.
However few weeks after joining the team, he
appears to have made the step up to the main
team training session judging by pictures picked
up by Owngoalnigeria.com.
The talented shot stopper was a member of the
2013 Nigeria U-17 team, where he was one of
the youngest in the team which won the World
Youth Championship in style in the UAE.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:41pm On Jan 22, 2017

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:05pm On Jan 22, 2017
If anyone is in doubt about what confidence does to a player.. They should look at victor Moses.

Pep is destroying Kelechi's confidence...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:13pm On Jan 22, 2017
tbaba1234:
If anyone is in doubt about what confidence does to a player.. They should look at victor Moses.

Pep is destroying Kelechi's confidence...

Did you watch Sane yesterday? After playing few games this season, he was one of the outstanding players on the pitch. Aguero who is regular on the team was not close to Sane.

Moses, I think won the man of the match in his first game. Where did the man of the match confidence come from?

As I said, myth.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:06pm On Jan 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

That is understandable. When Aguero or Bony injured or not performed well, Nacho got to play because Pellegrini plays with two top strikers. That is all. Now we play with one under Guardiola. Simple.

I have said repeatedly, this is the time for development, not glory. A year or two under Guardiola will give him that development. After that, glory.

I said this before Guardiola joined City.
This your development under Fraudiola is over rated, Kane was loaned out to different championship teams, he came back to spurs and became epl top scorer in his first season. Posh no put am for bench under the guise of drilling him.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 10:15pm On Jan 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:
By watching closely.
where? How?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:24pm On Jan 22, 2017
jihday:
This your development under Fraudiola is over rated, Kane was loaned out to different championship teams, he came back to spurs and became epl top scorer in his first season. Posh no put am for bench under the guise of drilling him.

Kane's development came from lots of work by Tim Sherwood as a Tottenham Hotspur youth coach. Hours drilling the young man to become a top forward. Not loan. I repeat, the game time is mostly to show what you can do. Development comes from hours on the training pitch. Not ninety minutes games.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:26pm On Jan 22, 2017
zicky:
where? How?

Like seriously. You are talking as if Iheanacho has not started games for City and Nigeria this season.

A good example is how I knew Iheanacho was brilliant against Algeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:04am On Jan 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

A young player does not stop developing. Neymar was a quality player at sixteen but he still kept improving when he was working under Enrique.

To Nacho, it is about the philosophy. The high pressing system of the Barcelona teams. It takes a lot of hard work, conditioning, early sleeping, right diet, regular high intensity training which happens in every session.

With these, Nacho will keep getting better. He is already faster than he was last season, plays at a higher intensity, he has more control going after aerial balls. These make him a better player. He will keep improving under Guardiola if he continues working with him.

Just as we saw in the last Algerian game, Nacho's intensity was blistering and it helped the team. The Super Eagles is already benefiting from the hard work Nacho puts in training. And we will benefit more as he keeps improving.

Depends on the player it is not universal with all players. Ronaldo and Bale with thier huge pay cheques and multiple income streams continue to develop.

However, with regard to Kelechi he can train all he likes he will need continous game time to reach the next level. He is not on the same level as Aguero, if he doesn't get enough game time I can see Iwobi developing at a faster rate and leaving him behind.

Nigeria will not be waiting for him to develop when there are new strikers knocking on the door.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:06am On Jan 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Sir "legend" Tbaba1234, Sir "Arch guardian" Icon4s, Sir Chrisooblog, Sir Lakedsidepapa, Sir Mickael2, Sir BascoVanVeli, Sir Goldfish80, Sir Terzurum5, Sir Orkepekyandega, Sir Kingphillip, Sir Forgiveness (does he still give anyone trouble?) grin , Sir "Elder" Kog45 (oga ehn... That 1984 revelation still dey my mind... Chaiii...), Madam Confun, Sir Tglobal, Sir Chriskels, Sir Blackalbino6, Sir Komekn, Sir ... Who again? **scratches head**

Note: pls bear with me as I typed these names entirely offhand... Without pausing for reference to any thing...

Oh yes... Sir BigBlangston... (Always on my case) grin

I wonder where Sir Maastricht is.... Hmmm...

Anyway.... Happy new year to you all.... Yes it is bloody late but I can't just return to the house without saying hello for the year... wink

God bless y'all

Good to have you back.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:18am On Jan 23, 2017
grin TheGoodJoe, that moment when it seemed as if Gabriel Jesus had scored less than 5minutes into his debut game, before being ruled offside... grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:28am On Jan 23, 2017
komekn:

Depends on the player it is not universal with all players. Ronaldo and Bale with thier huge pay cheques and multiple income streams continue to develop.

However, with regard to Kelechi he can train all he likes he will need continous game time to reach the next level. He is not on the same level as Aguero, if he doesn't get enough game time I can see Iwobi developing at a faster rate and leaving him behind.

Nigeria will not be waiting for him to develop when there are new strikers knocking on the door.

I can't agree more with the bolded statement.

I have always hammered here that the development of young players is not like an Arithmetic progression.

Some players develop faster than the others, some develop slowly and some regress. Not all talented and highly rated teen youngsters would live up to expectations. In fact, most do not meet up with the high expectations.

You may call that a myth but that is an established fact!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:00am On Jan 23, 2017
komekn:

U are on point,let him continue enjoying d drilling and lesson from Guardiola and player like Iwobi continue enjoying d playing time under Wenger.

The next 5 games w determined may be Nacho w be part of city next season coz not included,then is gone for good either loan or outright sale.

I know d young man is not happy right now coz when u are not injured and excluded from d main squad,then something is amiss,forget all this theories of drilling or developments without enough playing time.

One thing w should note is this,his present development is not good for his career at super eagles coz a lot of young players are knocking d door and Rohr have said it repeatedly that he want first team player,so Nacho cannot be exceptional even Mikel with all his experience went to china to get playing time.

I pray that Nacho find his way back to the team coz his talent is not for drilling or lesson under d guise of working under Guardiola.If Sterling is in Nacho shoe did anybody think England w be happy in d guise of developing under Guardiola.

My man good point from you coz you understand d game and your analytical on this issue is superb.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:02am On Jan 23, 2017
On Iheanacho's future at ManCity, lets see how things would play out for the rest of the season. I am not in support of any loan move yet.

Gabriel Jesus even on his debut had a very good game. But I have seen scenarios like that play out over and over again.
Eg, Anthony Martial, came and dazzled in his first 3-4 games but blunted out later. Sane came and was wow on his first maybe 2-3 games and what next? he faded. His best game since after that start was in the 2-1 over Arsenal. Rashford broke into the Manu Team and was destroying defenses. What is the level of his game now compared to when he first broke in the United starting 11. Gray, the Leicester youngster, showed flashes of brilliance last season, but presently he has not really showed any major improvements even with the opportunity of game time in the absence of Mahrez and Slimani. Ademola Lookman just signed for Everton and scored on his debut, we dey watch. Now Gabriel Jesus.

Alex Iwobi remains top on my top rated youngsters in the EPL. He did not just leave up to expectations but exceeded expectation.

My Opinion is lets see how things would play out for Pep and his boys for the rest of the season, then we would consider a total transfer or loan spell for Iheanacho if need be.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:21am On Jan 23, 2017
Kog45:
U are on point,let him continue enjoying d drilling and lesson from Guardiola and player like Iwobi continue enjoying d playing time under Wenger.

The next 5 games w determined may be Nacho w be part of city next season coz not included,then is gone for good either loan or outright sale.

I know d young man is not happy right now coz when u are not injured and excluded from d main squad,then something is amiss,forget all this theories of drilling or developments without enough playing time.

One thing w should note is this,his present development is not good for his career at super eagles coz a lot of young players are knocking d door and Rohr have said it repeatedly that he want first team player,so Nacho cannot be exceptional even Mikel with all his experience went to china to get playing time.

I pray that Nacho find his way back to the team coz his talent is not for drilling or lesson under d guise of working under Guardiola.If Sterling is in Nacho shoe did anybody think England w be happy in d guise of developing under Guardiola.

My man good point from you coz you understand d game and your analytical on this issue is superb.

Though I am not as passionate as TheGoodJoe is on this "nacho's" case. But I can tell you that Iheanacho has what it takes to remain relevant in that Mancity's attack. However, one major factor is if Pep can trust him well enough.

To be candid, I was almost as shocked as TheGoodJoe and safarigirl grin would have been when Gabriel Jesus found the back of the net in the 2-2 draw. I was like "Iheanacho own don finish" . Thank God that goal was ruled offside, it was also good news for me as a Gunner cool.

As you rightly stated, the next couple games would determine a lot.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:40am On Jan 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Though I am not as passionate as TheGoodJoe is on this "nacho's" case. But I can tell you that Iheanacho has what it takes to remain relevant in that Mancity's attack. However, one major factor is if Pep can trust him well enough.

To be candid, I was almost as shocked as TheGoodJoe and safarigirl grin would have been when Gabriel Jesus found the back of the net in the 2-2 draw. I was like "Iheanacho own don finish" . Thank God that goal was ruled offside, it was also good news for me as a Gunner cool.

Yes he has what it takes,nobody is doubting that but as u said everything depends on Guardiola trust.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:46am On Jan 23, 2017
terzurum5:
Super Eagles Star Etebo Set For Another Scan On Injured Knee In 15 Days Time

Oghenekaro Etebo will undergo another scan on his injured knee in 15 days time according to reports gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com editorial staff.

Etebo underwent a scan but the extent of the damage to his left knee which caused him to be substituted against Vitoria Guimaraes was not determined.

The 21 year old was asked to rest the knee for 15 days before another round of scans, which will determine when he will return back to training for Portuguese side CD Feirense.

CD Feirense will also be without the services of central defender Paulo Monteiro aside the Nigerian for this weekend game against Estoril.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/20/super-eagles-star-etebo-set-for-another-scan-on-injured-knee-in-15-days-time/

May God rescue this young man from the claws of injuries. I am beginning to get worried for his career.
See Isaac Success' case too.

Get well soon boy.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:48am On Jan 23, 2017
komekn:

It is not true if you think Iwobi's development is the games. That is what I am pointing out. It is perseverance, hard work and determination to get better in training. The time the coaches in camp spend pointing out things he should do to improve. The time Iwobi spends studying quality players and learning from them.

This is the vital part especially for a young player. That is what I am interested in Nacho. When a player works hard in these areas, when he is on the pitch, he will bring improvement.

This was why Rohr opted to use Iheanacho to press and destabilize the Algerians. That was why Iheanacho was chosen to make mazy runs to disrupt the shape of defence. Working with Guardiola improves this quality because it relies on his philosophy of high press, intensity and hard work. Playing time in few minutes does not bring this. Iheanacho is training at a higher intensity than players seeing regular time in most league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:52am On Jan 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Why Iheanacho? Sterling blew I think three good chances. His pace and stamina helped for the three penalty calls but his misses is a problem. Gabriel Jesus came in for Sterling. That is also the position Nolito plays. He showed freshness (although he was running against tired legs) and tracked back with ease. That goal would have affected Sterling and Nolito. Not Iheanacho because Guardiola insists Gabriel Jesus is a wing forward.

He likes his wide players like Messi, Henry, Villa and Pedro having the ability to score goals.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:54am On Jan 23, 2017
Icon4s:
grin TheGoodJoe, that moment when it seemed as if Gabriel Jesus had scored less than 5minutes into his debute game, before being ruled offside... grin

I think that was for the English fans and Sterling, not Nacho, me or safarigirl.
grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:59am On Jan 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Why Iheanacho? Sterling blew I think three good chances. His pace and stamina helped for the three penalty calls but his misses is a problem. Gabriel Jesus came in for Sterling. That is also the position Nolito plays. He showed freshness (although he was running against tired legs) and tracked back with ease. That goal would have affected Sterling and Nolito. Not Iheanacho because Guardiola insists Gabriel Jesus is a wing forward.

He likes his wide players like Messi, Henry, Villa and Pedro having the ability to score goals.

So if Pep plans to deploy him as a winger all along why have there been issues or concerns about Iheanacho's future game time.

But one vital thing to note from his inclusion is his replacement of Ihenacho on the bench. Don't you think that is another pointer?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:02am On Jan 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I think that was for the English fans and Sterling, not Nacho, me or safarigirl.
grin grin grin

grin TheGoodJoe na u get that look.

Meanwhile see safrigirl own:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:45am On Jan 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Kane's development came from lots of work by Tim Sherwood as a Tottenham Hotspur youth coach. Hours drilling the young man to become a top forward. Not loan. I repeat, the game time is mostly to show what you can do. Development comes from hours on the training pitch. Not ninety minutes games.
Exactly my point, Nacho can develop elsewhere, where he can also get regular playing time doesn't have to be under Pep alone he can go to a nice club in Spain (Sevilla or ATM) or Germany (Dortmund or Leverkusen) even Monaco won't be bad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 11:11am On Jan 23, 2017
u guys criticizing guardiola decision are saying cuz iheanacho is a Nigerian. city is a big club by a small team wer youngsters are given so much playing tym on d pitch due 2 d level of competition in d team. it is a club wer youngsters ar expected 2 make use of d slightest opportunity 2 d fullest. and 2 u guys saying he isn't given game, he played 753 minutes in epl 4 d whole of last season and he has gotten 471 minutes dz term just 282 minutes (3 games)shy of matching dat feat. quality strikers playing back up @ other pep top clubs av not notch dat minutes dz term, strikers lyk batsuayi,Lukas Perez,sturridge. u guys should just hope he improve in his first touch nd passing. competition lyk dz is wat makes a player better

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by promzyphyno(m): 11:25am On Jan 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

It is not true if you think Iwobi's development is the games. That is what I am pointing out. It is perseverance, hard work and determination to get better in training. The time the coaches in camp spend pointing out things he should do to improve. The time Iwobi spends studying quality players and learning from them.

This is the vital part especially for a young player. That is what I am interested in Nacho. When a player works hard in these areas, when he is on the pitch, he will bring improvement.

This was why Rohr opted to use Iheanacho to press and destabilize the Algerians. That was why Iheanacho was chosen to make mazy runs to disrupt the shape of defence. Working with Guardiola improves this quality because it relies on his philosophy of high press, intensity and hard work. Playing time in few minutes does not bring this. Iheanacho is training at a higher intensity than players seeing regular time in most league.

You and this ur drill matter,pardon my curiosity o but hw many drill did matial get when he arrived manchester?..was memphis not drilled enough at psv....mihkitarian just started getting drills now hence his recent performance abi??....oh iwobi gets more drills than nacho??.... Scheneiderlin refused drill lessons at oldtraford??...why couldn't he drill the passing game into joe hart and last but not d list,I guess james is still getting drilled?.......my broda,4get dis drill nonsense if he dosnt get games,his career is retrogressing..Kelechi is not bigger than all these people I have mentioned....if I read for exams and still fail,why did I waste my time reading??.....if I were the young lad,I'll sort of a move else where cause I'd prefer playing regularly for stoke than to have minute minutes for city....After all with his incredible goalscoring record,who wnt want him??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:32am On Jan 23, 2017
Kog45:

I think you are assuming Iheanacho is not happy. From what we saw with Sane, who was explosive against Tottenham and has played few games, did he look sad? Sane knew coming to Manchester City, his chances will be limited but he knew what he will gain working with Guardiola.

Guardiola's statement after the game, highlights my point.

"I'm so happy with the performance of Leroy," said Guardiola.

"When he arrives as a young player, 19, 20 years old and everybody expects, it's not easy to come here and play."

"He was injured too but for the last 10 days in training sessions I thought, 'wow, that guy looks different!'" Guardiola said.

As you can see what I have tried to say for a very long time. Players improve in training. What we saw against Tottenham Hotspur was the result of the improvement.

cc: Icon4s

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 11:39am On Jan 23, 2017
promzyphyno:

You and this ur drill matter,pardon my curiosity o but hw many drill did matial get when he arrived manchester?..was memphis not drilled enough at psv....mihkitarian just started getting drills now hence his recent performance abi??....oh iwobi gets more drills than nacho??.... Scheneiderlin refused drill lessons at oldtraford??...why couldn't he drill the passing game into joe hart and last but not d list,I guess james is still getting drilled?.......my broda,4get dis drill nonsense if he dosnt get games,his career is retrogressing..Kelechi is not bigger than all these people I have mentioned....if I read for exams and still fail,why did I waste my time reading??.....if I were the young lad,I'll sort of a move else where cause I'd prefer playing regularly for stoke than to have minute minutes for city....After all with his incredible goalscoring record,who wnt want him??

guy, patience nd hardwork are 2 essential tin needed 4 his development. u think moving 2 club lyk stoke will gr8ly help him? Giovanni dos Santos was better Dan him @ 20 , he was playing second fiddle 2 dinho, he left a season b4 ronaldinho departure nd never really reach his potential. maybe we would be singing his name nw, if he had stayed nd develop his game with d help of dinho,xavi, pep nd others

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by promzyphyno(m): 11:51am On Jan 23, 2017
peterd53:

guy, patience nd hardwork are 2 essential tin needed 4 his development. u think moving 2 club lyk stoke will gr8ly help him? Giovanni dos Santos was better Dan him @ 20 , he was playing second fiddle 2 dinho, he left a season b4 ronaldinho departure nd never really reach his potential. maybe we would be singing his name nw, if he had stayed nd develop his game with d help of dinho,xavi, pep nd others

Well I won't argue with you till the team sheet for d nxt game arrives

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:39pm On Jan 23, 2017
good day all special shout out to goodjoe and his power\manual drill that kelechi has to work when no be say the poor boy na carpenter. jokes aside i'm also concerned with the way iheanacho has been gradually sidelined from the team. for some reason pep doesn't trust him so much to make mistakes and grow into a game unlike sterling, aguero and co. for a guy who has scored 6 goals in all competitions so far this season i think a little bit of trust and patience on pep's part is not too much to ask for as for kelechi he should shine his eye o and do the needful to help himself it's his career that's on the line if for what whatever reason pep is no more keen on him he should seek a move elsewhere after all it's not caste in stone that to succeed in football you must work with guardiola. that's why in as much as i think wenger is past it i admire the way he works with youngsters in this case our iwobi. he gives you good playing time to prove yourself and grow in confidence. if you lose form he still sticks with you if that doesn't change then all and sundry will see you deserve to be benched

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.