Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11595228 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (16121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:52pm On Sep 25, 2016
Icon4s:

My point remains that Kenneth Omeruo would be a credible replacement for the injured Leon. We don't have any problems in that department.

I think so too. I hope Rohr invites Awaziem to camp to replace Balogun's vacant position. Just to keep training with the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:53pm On Sep 25, 2016
tbaba1234:

I hope, he goes to a decent league to polish his talent.. If he stays in Nigeria, he would not improve.

Yeah, the Nigerian league is not a good breeding ground for young talents.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:55pm On Sep 25, 2016
[quote author=Icon4s post=49665630]

From that song, i can see you are typical Rangers fan . All them Christian Chukwu dey stadium dey celebrate.

Enyimba for Life![/quote

Nzogbu!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:00pm On Sep 25, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I think so too. I hope Rohr invites Awaziem to camp to replace Balogun's vacant position. Just to keep training with the team.

The thing is just like he also stated in the case of Osimhen, Rohr may not want to invite Awaziem, making him travel all the way from Portugal, only to drop him from match day squad.

I don't think he would name a replacement for Leon yet. Remember also that Wilfred Ndidi can comfortably man the CB position. Jamiu Alimi may just make the match day squad.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:02pm On Sep 25, 2016
[quote author=OdenigboAroli post=49666029][/quote]

Yes o Nzogbu Nzogbu for life!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:05pm On Sep 25, 2016
10 minutes to the crown.
One good thing about Rangers is their attacking strength...From midfield to attack are deadly finishers...Osas Okoro,Godwin Aguda,Bobby Clement,Obinna Nwobodo,Chisom Egbuchulal can wreck a havoc.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:06pm On Sep 25, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

Rangers about to breaks 37yrs jinx of not winning the Premier league. Nwaobodo score one and assited Uchegbulem with his13th goal of the season.

Yeah and 32 years trophy drought.

It means Rangers plays CAF champions league next season and an opportunity for Nwobodo to market himself at least to the North African clubs for a start. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:07pm On Sep 25, 2016
Icon4s:

Yeah, the Nigerian league is not a good breeding ground for young talents.
I think Imama is doing a great job, last year Bobby Clement was not close to being this good. Our problem is that players don't stay long enough. Our problem is that the players don't stay long enough in one team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:11pm On Sep 25, 2016
Icon4s:

Quality young players still play in our league.

It is a no brainer saying it.

Chidiebere Okolie is also super talented. He makes it look simple and easy. A very good ball playing left full back. He can also play as a winger. Up Rangers biko
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:12pm On Sep 25, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Let me ask u guys this, does he go to Europe or stay for champions league? Cuz this team can beat the sundowns and they r my pick to take the cup.

Lol...You know the routine naa. The team will be depleted at the end of the season and new players will be bought. They will not have enough time to gell hence their likely Champions league exit. These clubs are mostly broke.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:14pm On Sep 25, 2016
ChrisKels:

It is a no brainer saying it.

Chidiebere Okolie is also super talented. He makes it look simple and easy. A very good ball playing left full back. He can also play as a winger. Up Rangers biko

How old is Chidi Okolie?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:16pm On Sep 25, 2016
OdenigboAroli:
10 minutes to the crown.
One good thing about Rangers is their attacking strength...From midfield to attack are deadly finishers...Osas Okoro,Godwin Aguda,Bobby Clement,Obinna Nwobodo,Chisom Egbuchulal can wreck a havoc.

That's the killer squad bro, that's the killer squad.

Mua agaghi agbajo kwa the last game at the cathedral (Nnamdi Azikiwe stadium Ogui enugu)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:16pm On Sep 25, 2016
Icon4s:

Yeah and 32 years trophy drought.

It means Rangers plays CAF champions league next season and an opportunity for Nwobodo to market himself at least to the North African clubs for a start. grin

Don't put your hope on Nwobodo staying. Look at Ifeanyi Mathew...Nwa guy anago Norway. These guys want to make a decent living before they get too old. I don't blame them. The Nigeria league will ruin your life and career. And yes,they will be playing in the Champions league with the league runner up,either Ifeanyi Uba or Rivers Utd.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:18pm On Sep 25, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

I think Imama is doing a great job, last year Bobby Clement was not close to being this good. Our problem is that players don't stay long enough. Our problem is that the players don't stay long enough in one team.

Bobby Clement that just caused Rangers a 3goal by coming from offside to tap in a goal bound ball.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:19pm On Sep 25, 2016
Icon4s:

How old is Chidi Okolie?

He is not more than 22. I heard a commentator call him an ex junior international.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:21pm On Sep 25, 2016
ChrisKels:

Mua agaghi agbajo kwa the last game at the cathedral (Nnamdi Azikiwe stadium Ogui enugu)

One of my pals who is a die-hard Rangers fan is planning to slaughter a cow next weekend if Rangers secure the title today.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:21pm On Sep 25, 2016
ChrisKels:

I hope the glorious days of the Flying Antelopes comes back. Rangers represents more than just a football club in the east. This very club consoled our fathers after the civil war. They gave us hope,strength and pride.
Osita Osadebe paid a wonderful tribute to the club.
In Chimaroke Nnamani words...Rangers is the symbol of Igba nbo!
I am so emotional right now....sorry guys.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 6:22pm On Sep 25, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Sometimes it is not about the player it is the team, if u are playing on a team that mostly plays long balls ur stats will look bad no matter who u are. Alaba has great passing stats with Bayern but for Austria his passing is average.
Even in a non passing side, anything less than 78% shows the Centre back is not comfortable enough to be rated excellent like TheGoodJoe suggests of Leon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
Yes !!!!!!!!
We are the champion!!!!!!
Yes!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:28pm On Sep 25, 2016
Somebody better create a thread and you know it will hit front page grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:29pm On Sep 25, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

I hope the glorious days of the Flying Antelopes comes back. Rangers represents more than just a football club in the east. This very club consoled our fathers after the civil war. They gave us hope,strength and pride.

My mum even recently would want to call "Super Eagles" and she'll mistakenly say "Rangers". "Nde Rangers ha na gba ball?" grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 6:29pm On Sep 25, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Continue arguing. Even the one you do not know. I just ignored your Mustafi Valencia talk, not to expose that sometimes you just say things you do not understand.

How you do not know Valencia is a possessive team beats me. Look at the image below. Then explain how a good ball playing defender will not post good stats.
Haugesund the team Ekong plays for is rated as weak in possession. But Troost Ekong's stats suggests he averages approximately 79%pass completion %.
This tells me if he plays in a better possession oriented team, he will excell unlike Leon balogoun who averages 75% for a Mainz team coached by Shmidt.
Leon is just not as good on the ball as you think.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:31pm On Sep 25, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

Not as emotional as my elderly mum is right now, as soon as camera got to the stand I pointed at Christian Chukwu, she almost cried, and her next qstn was " Kelechi is Emmanuel Okala still alive also" The woman no dey Kari Rangers play. When the line up came up, the two players he asked me off were Egbuchulam and Nwobodo and I was like, mama...??

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:32pm On Sep 25, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

Don't put your hope on Nwobodo staying. Look at Ifeanyi Mathew...Nwa guy anago Norway. These guys want to make a decent living before they get too old. I don't blame them. The Nigeria league will ruin your life and career. And yes,they will be playing in the Champions league with the league runner up,either Ifeanyi Uba or Rivers Utd.

That is the problem.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:33pm On Sep 25, 2016
Icon4s:

One of my pals who is a die-hard Rangers fan is planning to slaughter a cow next weekend if Rangers secure the title today.

Nwanne kedu ebe oga-abu? Umu 042 ndi oma m ji eme onu.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:36pm On Sep 25, 2016
goldfish80:

Haugesund the team Ekong plays for is rated as weak in possession. But Troost Ekong's stats suggests he averages approximately 79%pass completion %.
This tells me if he plays in a better possession oriented team, he will excell unlike Leon balogoun who averages 75% for a Mainz team coached by Shmidt.

Mustafi, 79% pass completion in a team that is good in possession, that means he is not a good ball playing defender or Ekong is a better ball playing defender. The debate is over. You just want to keep arguing.

Continue arguing a finished debate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:36pm On Sep 25, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

I want Ifeanyi Uba to be runner up they would have the best shot money wise.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:37pm On Sep 25, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

That's the problem bro, but we are always proud of our exports.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:41pm On Sep 25, 2016
goldfish80:

Even in a non passing side, anything less than 78% shows the Centre back is not comfortable enough to be rated excellent like TheGoodJoe suggests of Leon.

Coming from the person who tried to deceive people that Mainz is a ball playing team. LOL. A team "VERY WEAK IN POSSESSION".

Balogun impressed in a high line defence. If you know what is required to play that high and well.

If Mustafi managed 79% in a team that is good as keeping the ball, you want Leon Balogun to do the same in a team weak at keeping the ball.

Some times, you reason what you are arguing. The teams Ekong faces at Norway are not as good as the teams Balogun faces at Germany. So keeping the ball will be easier than Norway.

As I said, you want to prolong a finished debate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:48pm On Sep 25, 2016
goldfish80:

Ekong made top 11 in the whole of Scandinavia last season yet his passing stat is just 79%. In the top teams in Europe, top Defenders average 90%. It has a lot to do with style of play.

The quality of some leagues are not that great so possession football is not common. If you put Ekong in Arsenal today, he will play the Arsenal style and stats will go up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 6:57pm On Sep 25, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Mustafi, 79% pass completion in a team that is good in possession, that means he is not a good ball playing defender or Ekong is a better ball playing defender. The debate is over. You just want to keep arguing.

Continue arguing a finished debate.
What are you talking about? Valentia had a dog sh!t season last year. They were so toilet, they barely managed to escape relegation. Under such circumstances, mustafi averaged 79%...
75% is poor and not excellent as you have been shouting about.
The Valentia of old could play but not that Valentia managed by Gary Neville
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 7:02pm On Sep 25, 2016
tbaba1234:

Ekong made top 11 in the whole of Scandinavia last season yet his passing stat is just 79%. In the top teams in Europe, top Defenders average 90%. It has a lot to do with style of play.

The quality of some leagues are not that great so possession football is not common. If you put Ekong in Arsenal today, he will play the Arsenal style and stats will go up.
Am not sure why you're arguing about. Ekong's team does not play heavy possession footie but Ekong, getting the 79% shows how good he could be in heavy possession side. He could add another 8-10% to his numbers.
However, Balogoun posting those numbers (75%) shows a weakness at ball retention.
If you understand how scouting systems work, you will understand Leon would not make it out of the scouting system software,if a heavy possession side where in the look out for a CB.

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (16121) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.