Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (861) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11595052 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (858) (859) (860) (861) (862) (863) (864) ... (16121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:25am On Apr 28, 2017
this Gori ehn!!!!!! angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jamel9: 12:25am On Apr 28, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Bob Marley's children in our midst... grin

No be our fault na. Na the way the inspiration lead us to tonight.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klarrychenko94: 12:27am On Apr 28, 2017
should be 7-8 now. Bar denied us twice

Penalty to Italy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:28am On Apr 28, 2017
Well you said it..... sad

Abeg shift make I Sidon with you small.... I just tire for this match walahi.... sad

BascoVanVeli:
We try. 8-5.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klarrychenko94: 12:28am On Apr 28, 2017
5-9 cry cry cry cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:28am On Apr 28, 2017
We just hit the bar twice. I can't believe a ref in beach soccer would cheat but that is what is now going on. Wrong penalty given 9-5.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klarrychenko94: 12:29am On Apr 28, 2017
5-10

Bye guys
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:29am On Apr 28, 2017
10-5 i have had enough
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:31am On Apr 28, 2017
this match just weak me... walahi!!! angry

10-5.... chaaiiiiii

Italy just scoring overhead kick goals as if na their bread... angry

Now 11-5.... I am beyond weak now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:33am On Apr 28, 2017
Gori has scored six goals today alone.... Dude na real wahala pikin... angry
Abeg Ref... end am already... e haff do.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:36am On Apr 28, 2017
Abu scores a consolation... he has gotten his hattrick.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:38am On Apr 28, 2017
Chiavaro says.... abeg let me also register my name km the scoresheet ....

And now it is 12-6.... na my other clone-form dey report this... the real me just dey one corner dey cry... chaaiiij
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:46am On Apr 28, 2017
It is a bad start by the Super Sand Eagles..... but uhmmmm..

I hope they respond nicely in their next game...

We play Mexico next on the 29th. Iran is up after that on the 1st of May.

Wishing our Team the Best in their next games. I think Italy are the toughest side in the group... in the other game, Mexico lost 3-2 to Iran but ofcos... it is matchday that matters and not past results.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:55am On Apr 28, 2017
I wonder why Sikiru Olatubonsu was not asked to play for the sand eagles. It would have made sense, this game is all about being able to score sexy goals. We should at least have taken some young and flexible guys. Another thing is our coaches are too old. What does an old man know about a game that just got invented. Its like having my dad run IT for me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:00am On Apr 28, 2017
Was I among those who wished Jesus injury? Am I always around to pick up comments made by others? Abi na spambot I be abi?

And again, This is the Super Eagles thread.... not samba boys thread...

And I just won't jump at every comment... I remember even defending Jesus' talents when he was referred to as a federico macheda waiting to happen.... that was because I saw it.

I wasn't always around... or aren't you aware mister?? You think I have been as ever-present as before....??

Anyway... kwantinue backing the calling out of KC... alright... at least, from your comments, you do admit that Kelechi was rudely made fun of and jeered at... you admit he was called out. smiley

Thanks for accepting that truth.

If you guys care more.... that is your business... I no dey drag care more or care less...
But I cannot spot unhealthy digs aimed at Nacho for nothing of his own doing and be quiet....

The boy has done nothing wrong to warrant such unhealthy and destructive digs and jeers....

It is uncalled for... so it is not about being the first of last to be called out... it is about Justice...

There is absolutely no basis for making fun of Nacho... as if his situation at City is his fault... Abi na him carry himself go bench?? Abi na him dey sub himself in??

Abi na him say he no wan play match but do drills only??

The problem is not nacho but Pep... and nooooo... this is not about looking for the fall guy in Nacho's situation... it is just saying it as it is...

Nacho didnt lose form or play so abysmally to warrant being left out of match day squads... but hey that is his situation now and the least anyone can do is offer encouraging words... not poke fun at him or make fun of the whole situation and tell me... you have theGoodJoe in mind....

Know what? don't worry... let us have you in Nacho's kinda situation at City in your field and then have people make fun of the situation by dropping "digs" directed at me but with your name at the centre of the digs....... may be then you will understand better... wink

How classic of una indeed.... smiley

Chrismario:

Moral

It seems U re plainly being sentimental because you love kc .

Where re you wen some people from this thread re wishing bad luck to G.jesus?
Some are praying for his injury to last till end of season.
Y dont u tackle those guys?
Y dont u defend him??
Cos hes non- Nigerian i guess cool
Dont u know its against moral,,,,, equity knows no tribe

Kc is not the first and wont be the last to be called out in this forum.
Infact he should know that he's currently our poster boy and so whenever we sense any movement that we felt it might stud his growth as a pro. , it our duty to call him to order by criticizing him (tho she was throwing it to goodjoe wich u missed)

So stop making it as if we dont love kc,,,we care as much as u do ,,,,who knows we might be caring about him more dan u do

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:18am On Apr 28, 2017
I promised I will reply this post after the super sand eagles game.... and now my heart is heavy sad

Anyway... all I want to say is I do remember the PIC of Iheanacho and Pep... I think I also have it in my gallery.. but will take some minutes to find because a plethora of our Super Eagles players' pics are there.... among others... smiley

I can see that you also posted it here again... smiley

Believe me at first I was excited with the prospects of Nacho learning under pep... but I also thought playing time will also come as part of the whole pep-nacho relationship but since this year began... that is not the case.

Even towards the end of last year after Nacho's three goals in three games streak against man utd, Bournemouth and for Nigeria against Uhm... (was it Zambia?). Nacho's game time began to drop and totally fizzled out as the year began... and I was like... "Pep, this is not what we Nigerians envisioned when we pictured a pep+nacho relationship"

And yes... you did admit that nacho should leave if his situation persists... I remember you were even quoted by a moniker who said something like,

"So TheGoodJoe concedes that nacho must leave this summer?"

The problem with some of us in this thread is that we forget...
we forget as the pages fly by and instead react based on what was said just few pages back (not minding the context or angle or even historical correlations of one's views).

Anyway..
we have always understood each other even when we were on opposite sides of the argument...

I am for Nacho working hard and learning from one of the world's finest coaches but also I am for game time... especially game time dome in tandem with the drills he gets....

So it is okay.... it is well.... no wahala Sir GoodJoe....

Let the unhealthy digs continue.... smiley

TheGoodJoe:

What baffles me (because I am a target of repeated attacks.) is that my stance for Iheanacho has always been if he does not get game time, he leaves.

This was something I said during the preseason. I bet TheSuperNerd remembers when I posted a pic of Iheanacho on the training pitch with Guardiola during the preseason. I said Icon4s, Guardiola has started drilling your boy.

What is best for Kelechi is to learn, after that, Game time. I have said get a run of games at City or somewhere else.

Is that difficult for the bashers to get. It is so basic. Learn this difficult system, master it and get game time.

If someone can not grasp something as simple as this, then they can do as they please.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:27am On Apr 28, 2017
Really you are right.... in beach soccer you can't score goals regularly as scored in actual soccer....

One must be dynamic and able to use the environment and score goals that dazzle. Italy scored lots of overhead goals today..... we only scored one of such.....

This beach soccer game is for Agile and dynamically flexible players that can come up with the spectacular almost regularly (after much practice too) using the sand as their springboard.

It is yet another learning experience but how long more shall we learn? sad

BascoVanVeli:
I wonder why Sikiru Olatubonsu was not asked to play for the sand eagles. It would have made sense, this game is all about being able to score sexy goals. We should at least have taken some young and flexible guys. Another thing is our coaches are too old. What does an old man know about a game that just got invented. Its like having my dad run IT for me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:35am On Apr 28, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

"Kelechi considers drill time as more important than an ordinary derby...."

How do you translate what i said to mean this? If you have been following this page, there is nothing ambiguous about what i said. Do not turn it to a Kelechi issue as if people here dislike him?

There have been arguments here about how great/important drills are as opposed to playing. You are drawing water from a dry well..

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:39am On Apr 28, 2017
PSG, Celtic, Everton, RB Leipzig Battling For Signature Of Man City Nigerian Wonderkid

German Bundesliga surprise package RB Leipzig are looking to sign Manchester City prospect Tosin Adarabioyo in the summer transfer market.

According to the Times, the central defender is unhappy over his lack of first-team opportunities despite assurances before the start of this season, and is eager to play for a team where he will get more game time.

Apart from the interest from RB Leipzig, the England youth international is on the radar of Paris Saint-Germain, Everton and Celtic.

The 19-year-old Adarabioyo will not make a decision on his future until the season ends next month.

City have held talks with Tosin's representative, his brother Gbolahan Adarabioyo, but the negotiations ended fruitlessly, and it is thought he wants to move on to pastures new.
The defender joined City at the age of five and has made only four appearances for the first team to date.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel
Photo Credit : Twitter.com

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=22862

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:42am On Apr 28, 2017
I am not drawing water out of any well.... I am not stirring trouble but only asking that next time... y'all should be sensitive enough to watch what is said that includes that young man's name.... he is not having a good time... so including his name in a joke as sensitive as that is discourteous.

And Yes Your statement is ambiguous... any outsider who stumbles on your comment via google search when googling "Kelechi Iheanacho" or drills or whatever might make them see it will get the wrong message from your comments....

So the ambiguity level is very high indeed....

Let's be more sensitive next time.... that is my plea.

tbaba1234:

How do you translate what i said to mean this? If you have been following this page, there is nothing ambiguous about what i said. Do not turn it to a Kelechi issue as if people here dislike him?

There have been arguments here about how great/important drills are as opposed to playing. You are drawing water from a dry well..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:44am On Apr 28, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
I am not drawing water out of any well.... I am not stirring trouble but only asking that next time... y'all should be sensitive enough to watch what is said that includes that young man's name.... he is not having a good time... so including his name in a joke as sensitive as that is discourteous.

And Yes Your statement is ambiguous... any outsider who stumbles on your comment via google search when googling "Kelechi Iheanacho" or drills or whatever might make them see it will get the wrong message from your comments....

So the ambiguity level is very high indeed....

Let's be more sensitive next time.... that is my plea.

No one said anything about Kelechi's feelings.. Kelechi is not the one talking about drills

Stop making a mountain out of a mole hill

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:46am On Apr 28, 2017
Stop misunderstanding the point...

Kelechi is not talking about drills... but uhmm...... he is the one "doing the drills" isnt he?

See how they all connect now? Good... next time Sir... just be more sensitive about this whole kelechi-pep drills jokes you all throw around....

tbaba1234:

No one said anything about Kelechi's feelings.. Kelechi is not the one talking about drills

Stop making a mountain out of a mole hill

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:50am On Apr 28, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Kelechi is not talking about drills... but uhmm...... he is the one "doing the drills" isnt he?

See how they all connect now? Good... next time Sir... just be more sensitive about this whole kelechi-pep drills jokes you all throw around....

You just clearly said that i said " Kelechi feels drills is better than playing"... There is no where that statement was implied. There is no reference to kelechi's thought or feelings.. You deliberately misquoted to drive home your point.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:55am On Apr 28, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

you misunderstood that comment. It was specifically because of that comment I quoted you.

I know tbaba would not be throwing jabs at Kelechi like that, so, you insinuating or assuming that was a dig at Kelechi was and still is wrong. Considering you've been here this long, I would think you'd know what some posters are capable of

There are some comments I read from some posters which I may want to reply, but i consider first, their previous comments and figure I'm misunderstanding them. That's what happened here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:58am On Apr 28, 2017
Your exact words...

"Today's drill is shooting on target.. He can't miss it for an ordinary derby"

How I interpreted what you said in one of my posts on this matter...

"Kelechi considers drill time as more important than an ordinary derby...."

You said He can't miss it for an ordinary derby... what else does that imply??

Are the two sentences not the same in interpretation?

You just choose to misunderstand my point and make me the troublemaker... ride on Sir. smiley

tbaba1234:

You just clearly said that i said " Kelechi feels drills is better than playing"... There is no where that statement was implied. There is no reference to kelechi's thought or feelings.. You deliberately misquoted to drive home your point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:59am On Apr 28, 2017
Exactly... I know Sir Tbaba long enough to not expect that he will drop such comments about Kelechi in the first place.

No matter the intention... that comment was quite discourteous.

safarigirl:
you misunderstood that comment. It was specifically because of that comment I quoted you.

I know tbaba would not be throwing jabs at Kelechi like that, so, you insinuating or assuming that was a dig at Kelechi was and still is wrong. Considering you've been here this long, I would think you'd know what some posters are capable of

There are some comments I read from some posters which I may want to reply, but i consider first, their previous comments and figure I'm misunderstanding them. That's what happened here

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:03am On Apr 28, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Your exact words...

You said He can't miss it for an ordinary derby... what else does that imply??

Are the two sentences not the same in interpretation?

You just choose to misunderstand my point and make me the troublemaker... ride on Sir. smiley

Next time, you quote me please use the quote, not your interpretation to fit your narrative. Thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:10am On Apr 28, 2017
Those were your exact words... so why sound like they are not...?

When I stated my narrative did I quote you in the post?

Didn't I quote your exact words directly also?

Keep running away from the truth Sir okay.... it changes not the fact that your comments on Nacho was way out of line.

"Today's drills is shooting on target (shooting practice). He cannot miss it for an ordinary derby"

If you like, deny your words.

Next time.... be a little more courteous and sensitive as regards The young lad Iheanacho and this whole drills talk. Thank You Sir smiley

tbaba1234:

Next time, you quote me please use the quote, not your interpretation to fit your narrative. Thanks

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:16am On Apr 28, 2017
Granada Coach Silent On Future Of Watford Loanee Uche Agbo, Confirms Wakaso’s Stay

The future of Super Eagles defender Uche Agbo at struggling Spanish La-Liga side Granada is yet to be decided, if the words of coach of the side Tony Adams is anything to go by.

Agbo is on season long loan from Premier League side Watford, and as exclusively reported by Owngoalnigeria.com he will return to the club in the summer for pre season training ahead of the start of next season.

Agbo’s future will most likely be sorted out in few days time, but for now Tony Adams doesn’t seem to have the Nigerian in his plans ahead of next season

Granada’s new coach Adams confirmed Ghanaian forward Mubarak Wakaso who is on a six months loan from Greek giants Panathinaikos will stay at the club, even if they are relegated at the end of the season.

He also mentioned Rene Krhin and Matthieu Saunier as two players who will stay at the club regardless of the division they play next season, but he made no mention of Uche Agbo whose loan deal is close to expiration.

**Daniel Martins

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/27/granada-coach-silent-on-future-of-watford-loanee-uche-agbo-confirms-wakasos-stay/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:27am On Apr 28, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Those were your exact words... so why sound like they are not...?

When I stated my narrative did I quote you in the post?

Didn't I quote your exact words directly also?

Keep running away from the truth Sir okay.... it changes not the fact that your comments on Nacho was way out of line.

"Today's drills is shooting on target (shooting practice). He cannot miss it for an ordinary derby"

If you like, deny your words.

Next time.... be a little more courteous and sensitive as regards The young lad Iheanacho and this whole drills talk. Thank You Sir smiley

Quote my exact words, next time... Not your interpretation.. Thanks..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:30am On Apr 28, 2017
Happy now? smiley

Good.... ciao Sir.

tbaba1234:

Today's drill is shooting on target.. He can't miss it for an ordinary derby.

tbaba1234:

Quote my exact words, next time... Not your interpretation.. Thanks..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:34am On Apr 28, 2017

Sand Eagles players © Shengolpixs

Italy flatten Sand Eagles in Nassau
by George Akpayen

Nigeria's Super Sand Eagles began their outing at the 2017 Fifa Beach World Cup at the Nassau Stadium in the Bahamas with a 6-12 defeat to Italy on Wednesday.

Gabrielle Gori proved a handful for the Nigerian team as he netted a double hat-trick and his teammate Paolo Palmacci also helped himself with a treble of goals.

It was Nigeria that began the scoring just two minutes into the contest on the beach of Nassau when Abu Azeez fired in a free kick. Within seconds, Italy were back in the contest through Palmacci.

The Italians should have gone into the lead with six minutes left in the first period but Dario Ramacciotti's effort came off the post and Akwa United's Godspower Igudia instead powered Nigeria in front. Emmanuele Zurlo levelled matters for Italy at 2-2 before the end of the first period.

At the start of the second period, Danjuma Paul in Nigeria's goal saved Zurlo's spot kick and at the other end, Simone Del Mestre denied Ikechukwu Ibenegbu from restoring Nigeria's lead.

Gori showed Nigeria what was to come with an overhead kick which Paul saved five minutes into the second period. The Italian captain Francesco Corosiniti missed two good scoring chances.

Five minutes to end the second period, the Gori show began. His first goal was a fortunate touch off Simone Marinai's effort that went in. A minute later, he headed in a cross from an unmarked position to make it 4-2 to Italy.

Victor Tale then produced a moment of individual brilliance to set himself up for an overhead kick which he scored for Nigeria. The Sand Eagles had the chance to tie the game at 4-4 but captain Isiaka Olawale's spot kick was saved by Del Mestre.

Gori was again produced another acrobatic attempt which went through the legs of Paul to restore Italy's two-goal lead. The last one minute of the second period was end-to-end as Emeka Ogbonna neatly tucked away a good pass to make the score 4-5 with Nigeria trailing. Italy had the final say in the second period as Michele Di Palma fired in their sixth goal of the game.

It took four minutes before a goal was scored in the third period. Abu's effort dragged Nigeria back into the contest. However two quickfire goals by Gori gave the Italians an 8-5 lead. Palmacci added two more for the Europeans to extend their lead to 10-5.

Gori then stole in behind Nigeria's last man to score acrobatically to make it 11-5 before Abu got his hat-trick which perhaps was the only joy the Nigerians would take from the game as consolation.

Alfioluca Chiavaro then put the icing on the cake for a superb Italian performance with a goal to make it 12-6.
The Sand Eagles will face Mexico this Saturday. The Mexicans lost 2-3 to Iran in the other Group B game.

Source: https://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/170428/Italy_flatten_Sand_Eagles_in_Nassau

(1) (2) (3) ... (858) (859) (860) (861) (862) (863) (864) ... (16121) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Bascovanveli2 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.