Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11036) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11643118 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11033) (11034) (11035) (11036) (11037) (11038) (11039) ... (16144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 09, 2021
codemaniacs:

You see what I'm saying.. your method will sideline and discriminate against players..

Selection should be from north south east west and foreign but those from north south east west should be given a higher percentage than foreign.

Delusional!!!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:37am On Aug 09, 2021
fabyom:
Cape Verde is a small archipelago island nation in the Atlantic Ocean off the northwest coast of Africa.
The country is mired in absolute poverty, with 30% of its citizens below the poverty line.
The World Bank estimates that 14% of the population is living in extreme poverty.
With a crisis of this magnitude, the government of Cape Verde is dependent on the receipt of international aid to maintain relative stability (Josh Forget). World Bank.
For a country with a population of less than 600, 000 (562, 583) this is disgraceful. Statistics, not pictures, my guy!

I no just want put mouth since I Dey see your comments

But trust me you have been making sense

This is all I have to say .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:57am On Aug 09, 2021
codemaniacs:

You see what I'm saying.. your method will sideline and discriminate against players..

Selection should be from north south east west and foreign but those from north south east west should be given a higher percentage than foreign.

So if all the players from the South can not trap ball, they should get selected.

If the best players of Nigeria, 21 of them are from one street in Oshodi or One street in Algeria or London, they are the best players. That is it.

So it is not about making an ethnic group or tribe proud. It is about coming up with the best winning team of players.

Note, best winning team of players. If you want to favour a tribe or please a State, you miss the chance of creating the best winning crop of players.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:59am On Aug 09, 2021
codemaniacs:

Musa was in his prime and very effective.

No, it is not prime, it was Buhari. As if you don't know he was one of the top Nigerians in Europe while at CSKA Moscow. From that time, his relevance made him one of the longest serving Super Eagles players before the arrival of Buhari. So how do you expect a coach to do away with him like that. Did you not see him at the World Cup?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:00am On Aug 09, 2021
codemaniacs:

If my child grows in Nigeria then that child is not a foreigner.

Imo and PH are the same region and same ethnicity so no one is a foreigner to the other.

If your wife decides to deliver your child in London, is your child a foreigner?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:00am On Aug 09, 2021
Last last, you have as much right to Nigeria as the foreign borns. It is also their country.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 10:12am On Aug 09, 2021
Odunayaw:
Cycles that always happen in this thread;

1) FB talk
2) Recall retirees Ighalo and Moses
3) Politics/Tribe

Won shepe fun yin ni? undecided
on point grin grin this should stop, especially no 3
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 10:15am On Aug 09, 2021
Dept in our midfield- Ndidi,Onyeka,Etebo,Aribo,Nwakali,Alhasan Yusuf et al
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:16am On Aug 09, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

If your wife decides to deliver your child in London, is your child a foreigner?
You won't change his opinions Jefe. Pages upon pages of arguing this thing again and again. Please let's move on...I de kneel down

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:17am On Aug 09, 2021
zuchyblink:
Issue is, can they play together bayi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:23am On Aug 09, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

You're wasting your time reply him

He is archaic. Someone that is embellished in this tribal and primitive thinking

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 10:23am On Aug 09, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

So if all the players from the South can not trap ball, they should get selected.

If the best players of Nigeria, 21 of them are from one street in Oshodi or One street in Algeria or London, they are the best players. That is it.

So it is not about making an ethnic group or tribe proud. It is about coming up with the best winning team of players.

Note, best winning team of players. If you want to favour a tribe or please a State, you miss the chance of creating the best winning crop of players.
TheGoodJoe:

No, it is not prime, it was Buhari. As if you don't know he was one of the top Nigerians in Europe while at CSKA Moscow. From that time, his relevance made him one of the longest serving Super Eagles player before the arrival of Buhari. So how do you expect a coach to do away with him like that. Did you not see him at the World Cup?

TheGoodJoe:

You clearly don't understand me. You're more interested in winning the argument and putting words in my comments that were never there so it's pointless to continue to respond to your comments.

Let's not derail the thread further.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:29am On Aug 09, 2021
wayodude:

I don't want to derail this thread. This space is for football.

I'll round this one up by telling you that the standard of living in Cape Verde is much better in Nigeria. I have been to multiple cities in both countries and I have also read all the stuff you can read on the net just like the one you have quoted. I didn't say it was a rich country, it is however a fully functional one. You asked if I had been to the countries I listed that's why I attached pics as proof.

Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world and nothing works there as it should, from sports to education to politics to the police etc etc If you don't believe me just google poverty capital of the world and see what comes up. I'll give you a hint, it won't be Cape Verde.

I have been to over 50 countries and yet to see one as chaotic as Nigeria...okay maybe Benin Republic comes close. cheesy

It's still my county though. Just stating facts.

Some of us here have never been to the core north to see naked and stalked poverty at sway

The Niger Delta region has the 3rd largest oil wells in the world and at the same time the poorest oil producing region in the world

Nigeria is credited to have the highest infant mortality rates in the world, has records of more road crashes than any where else in the world. Over 70% of Nigerians earn less than 1 Dollar per day and thats a large number from a population of 211M people

The standard of living in Nigeria is abysmal it is gross delusional to say Nigeria is doing better than Cape Verde that is wasting no time to even deport nigerians on sight in their country.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Christology(m): 10:43am On Aug 09, 2021
Double Glory For Bayelsa State, As Bayelsa United And Bayelsa Queens Grab Aiteo Cup.

Football loving fans in Bayelsa state were in ecstasy yesterday following there double Aiteo cup win.
The male state owned male mad female team called Bayelsa united and Bayelsa queens respectively were victorious in the final match of the 2021 Aiteo cup.
Bayelsa united defeated Nassarawa united 4-3 on penalties at the Samuel Omegbudia stadium Benin city to take home the trophy, the match ended 2-2 after the regular time.

Devoid of the rainy weather, the fixture was highly entertaining, Bayelsa united scored first during the early stages of the match through Inikurogha Okardi, who smashed home in the 19th minute, before Chinedu Ohanachom of Nassarawa united equalized almost immediately to restore parity between the two sides.
Aliyu Abdullahi gave Nassarawa united the lead almost immediately after the half hour, but Bayelsa united also equalized through Emo James.
The first 45 minutes was an entertaining one that saw 4 goals enter into the back of the net, but the 2nd 45 minutes ended scoreless as it was filled with missed chances from both teams.
Towards the end of the 90 minutes, the two coaches substituted there goalkeepers simultaneously, which signified there preparations for the penalty shoot out.
The substituted Bayelsa United did some heroics to deny Nassarawa united there first penalty.
https://rediish..com/2021/08/nigeria-midfielder-impresses-on-his.html

Surprisingly the highest goal score of the Nigeria professional football league Silas Nwankwo with 19 league and 3 Aiteo cup goals also missed his penalty kick.
Bayelsa united made history yesterday as the second club to win the Aiteo cup from the second division of Nigeria football called the Nigeria National league (NNL), after defunct Dolphins football club defeated El-kanemi warriors 2-0 to win it in 2001.
Bayelsa united would now proceed to the African continental stage to play in the CAF Confederation cup.
After an impressive season Nassarawa united would again fail to grace the continental stages after finishing in fourth position on the NPFL table.
Bayelsa united received the grand prize of 25 million naira, for winning the Aiteo cup while Nassara united would take hone a consolation prize of 10 million naira.

The victory of Bayelsa united over Nassarawa united was not the only victory for the south south state, as there female counterpart Bayelsa queens defeated FC Robo 4-2 to claim the female version of the Aiteo cup and receive a grand prize of 10 million naira.
All things seems to be working for good for Bayelsa state in the sports sector as the only silver medal in the just concluded Olympics was from a Bayelsa state contingent, Blessing Oduduru.
The investment been done by the Bayelsa state sports loving governor, Senator Douye Diri, seems to be yeiding major benefits, the governor was also a commisoner of sports in the state.
Read more
https://rediish..com/2021/08/double-glory-for-bayelsa-state-as.html

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:25am On Aug 09, 2021
zuchyblink:

But none of them is an Am, that's what we urgently need

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:26am On Aug 09, 2021
Christology:

Double Glory For Bayelsa State, As Bayelsa United And Bayelsa Queens Grab Aiteo Cup.

Football loving fans in Bayelsa state were in ecstasy yesterday following there double Aiteo cup win.
The male state owned male mad female team called Bayelsa united and Bayelsa queens respectively were victorious in the final match of the 2021 Aiteo cup.
Bayelsa united defeated Nassarawa united 4-3 on penalties at the Samuel Omegbudia stadium Benin city to take home the trophy, the match ended 2-2 after the regular time.

Devoid of the rainy weather, the fixture was highly entertaining, Bayelsa united scored first during the early stages of the match through Inikurogha Okardi, who smashed home in the 19th minute, before Chinedu Ohanachom of Nassarawa united equalized almost immediately to restore parity between the two sides.
Aliyu Abdullahi gave Nassarawa united the lead almost immediately after the half hour, but Bayelsa united also equalized through Emo James.
The first 45 minutes was an entertaining one that saw 4 goals enter into the back of the net, but the 2nd 45 minutes ended scoreless as it was filled with missed chances from both teams.
Towards the end of the 90 minutes, the two coaches substituted there goalkeepers simultaneously, which signified there preparations for the penalty shoot out.
The substituted Bayelsa United did some heroics to deny Nassarawa united there first penalty.
https://rediish..com/2021/08/nigeria-midfielder-impresses-on-his.html

Surprisingly the highest goal score of the Nigeria professional football league Silas Nwankwo with 19 league and 3 Aiteo cup goals also missed his penalty kick.
Bayelsa united made history yesterday as the second club to win the Aiteo cup from the second division of Nigeria football called the Nigeria National league (NNL), after defunct Dolphins football club defeated El-kanemi warriors 2-0 to win it in 2001.
Bayelsa united would now proceed to the African continental stage to play in the CAF Confederation cup.
After an impressive season Nassarawa united would again fail to grace the continental stages after finishing in fourth position on the NPFL table.
Bayelsa united received the grand prize of 25 million naira, for winning the Aiteo cup while Nassara united would take hone a consolation prize of 10 million naira.

The victory of Bayelsa united over Nassarawa united was not the only victory for the south south state, as there female counterpart Bayelsa queens defeated FC Robo 4-2 to claim the female version of the Aiteo cup and receive a grand prize of 10 million naira.
All things seems to be working for good for Bayelsa state in the sports sector as the only silver medal in the just concluded Olympics was from a Bayelsa state contingent, Blessing Oduduru.
The investment been done by the Bayelsa state sports loving governor, Senator Douye Diri, seems to be yeiding major benefits, the governor was also a commisoner of sports in the state.
Read more
https://rediish..com/2021/08/double-glory-for-bayelsa-state-as.html

Bayelsa Otu oooo........... Babes....... Otuoo...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:53am On Aug 09, 2021
lol Goodjoe you get time. Even Shehu Abdullahi that is not everybody's favorite was selected by Stephen Keshi way before our current president. Or is Zaidu Sanusi also quota system? One thing I have learnt bro once someone always argues from a standpoint of agenda and not fact I just excuse myself cus there is no convincing that person.

TheGoodJoe:

No, it is not prime, it was Buhari. As if you don't know he was one of the top Nigerians in Europe while at CSKA Moscow. From that time, his relevance made him one of the longest serving Super Eagles players before the arrival of Buhari. So how do you expect a coach to do away with him like that. Did you not see him at the World Cup?

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:10pm On Aug 09, 2021
Decided to do a potential lineup of players we have available at the moment. Honestly Rohr has no excuse not to be doing better even the second ''weaker'' 11 can still beat some of Africa's best teams if deployed adequately.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:30pm On Aug 09, 2021
chrisooblog:
Decided to do a potential lineup of players we have available at the moment. Honestly Rohr has no excuse not to be doing better even the second ''weaker'' 11 can still beat some of Africa's best teams if deployed adequately.

I'll prefer Onyekuru or Ejuke to Iwobi in the first line up

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:48pm On Aug 09, 2021
chrisooblog:

Iwobi should be the AM while Simon should replace him on the flank

Nacho go dey bench

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:51pm On Aug 09, 2021
chrisooblog:

Bassey Calvin should be the lb in the 2nd team u arranged while Aina is deployed on the rb position. Shehu no get space for the team even our 3rd 11

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:17pm On Aug 09, 2021
Looking forward to hv the below listed players in the super eagles soon

Calvin Bassey--Glasgow rangers lb

Alhassan Yusuf--royal antwep cm

Lesley Ugochukwu--rennes cdm

Frank onyeka--brentford cdm (have been capped but his move to the epl will make a case for his recall to the team)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 2:18pm On Aug 09, 2021
Unrelated:

The new kit for the Nigeria Rugby League team (NOT Rugby Union) that made the rank of 28th in the world (1st in Africa) in its international debut 2 years ago.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 2:19pm On Aug 09, 2021
andrew444:

Nigeria is very bad for sure

Was just speaking from experience.
Baba I'll like to send you a PM outside this thread biko
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:42pm On Aug 09, 2021
nelszx:

Baba I'll like to send you a PM outside this thread biko

send to personal email via nairaland.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:44pm On Aug 09, 2021
charlesemeka85:
Looking forward to hv the below listed players in the super eagles soon

Calvin Bassey--Glasgow rangers lb

Alhassan Yusuf--royal antwep cm

Lesley Ugochukwu--rennes cdm

Frank onyeka--brentford cdm (have been capped but his move to the epl will make a case for his recall to the team)

Onyeka will be recalled immediately

If he is a regular at brentford he might collect etebos shirt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 2:44pm On Aug 09, 2021
andrew444:

send to personal email via nairaland.
I have
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:45pm On Aug 09, 2021
nelszx:

I have

will respond shortly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 2:53pm On Aug 09, 2021
andrew444:

will respond shortly
Baba Shey you dey share Money make I send my own too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:00pm On Aug 09, 2021
Neobulletzz:

Baba Shey you dey share Money make I send my own too

Hahaha my guy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2021
andrew444:

Onyeka will be recalled immediately

If he is a regular at brentford he might collect etebos shirt
Shouldn't he be deputising for Ndidi? I thought Onyeka is more of a DM and the last time we played him as a CDM, he wasn't able to do well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 3:30pm On Aug 09, 2021
IDENNAA:

Without mincing words I want you to understand from this juncture that I am a very strong Pan Africanist , who believe that we must put Africa first in everything we do. If my heroes are persons like Thomas Sankara , Malcolm X and Marcus Garvey and Louis Farakhan then you should save yourselves the headache of engaging me. I am so deeply African its unbelievable!

Now , to address this thing you wrote: I still don't understand your Osimhen and co examples.... What exactly are you trying to prove. Osimhen is a gifted Nigerian player who was contracted by Napoli. I am confused; what is the lesson ?

I still maintain my position on the foreign born. They add nothing to SE , rather they are using us to sell themselves to European clubs while our own are languishing in the Europe third world countries. Balogun , Ekong , Ebuehi and Aina has benefited from playing for SE, yet they havent won even a plastic cup. Aribo is over hyped by ROHR and has not added anything to the team...Nwakali is miles ahead of him. Iwobi is still learning how to play a 10 since he started playing for us. He can be easily replaced....he isn't better that Onyekuru.

These foreign born use us as last resort...and that's shameful. They will never touch a Nigerian woman with a long pole, they do not invest in Nigeria and will never return home. So, whats the point ? I am sorry , but I will not apologize for thinking highly of my mothers land.

You want to rush and cap players in europe academies while we have talents littered across Nigeria who are a million times better than these crappy English boys.

But , you write a lot of senseless shiiit ooo....did you say we refused to get the best FB and settled for mediocre. You must not have been following recent happening....Abraham rejected Nigeria and mocked us openly , Saka rejected Nigeria , Eze rejected us , Torunarigha rejected us...No high flying foreign born will ever agree to play for Nigeria. They mostly marry oyibo or mixed....these ppunks feel our women are inferior !
A Pan-Africanist with only one African amongst his heroes, the other 3 are Americans and a Jamaican. Whether you like it or not players good enough to represent Nigeria will always be approached and called up regardless of their place of birth

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11033) (11034) (11035) (11036) (11037) (11038) (11039) ... (16144) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: charlesemeka85(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.