Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,323 members, 7,836,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11037) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11787395 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11034) (11035) (11036) (11037) (11038) (11039) (11040) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:56pm On Aug 09, 2021
Apparently Osimhen is not the only Nigerian on Napoli's books. There's a Italian-Nigerian forward called Michael Folorunsho in their ranks. He's about to leave the club though maybe on loan.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:18pm On Aug 09, 2021
Aston Villa are trying to beat Tottenham Hotspur to the signature of Northampton Town's Nigeria-eligible striker Caleb Chukwuemeka, according to reports.

Football Insider has claimed that Aston Villa have hijacked Tottenham Hotspur's bid to sign the 19-year-old.

The sale of Jack Grealish to Manchester City has added funds to Aston Villa's transfer kitty, with the Premier League champions splashing close to 100m pounds to sign the England star.

Tottenham Hotspur were previously in pole position to sign Chukwuemeka and were prepared to include another Nigeria-eligible teenager Kion Etete as makeweight in the proposed deal taking the Northampton Town starlet to north London.

While Etete has completed a loan move to the Cobblers, Spurs and Villa are battling it out for the services of Chukwuemeka.

Caleb could follow the pathway of his sibling Carney Chukwuemeka who was at the Northampton Town academy before he was snapped up by Aston Villa in 2016.

Since making his senior debut for the Cobblers, Caleb Chukwuemeka has scored two goals in 28 appearances and has an assist to his name.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kakamorufu(m): 5:24pm On Aug 09, 2021
Christology:

Double Glory For Bayelsa State, As Bayelsa United And Bayelsa Queens Grab Aiteo Cup.

Football loving fans in Bayelsa state were in ecstasy yesterday following there double Aiteo cup win.
The male state owned male mad female team called Bayelsa united and Bayelsa queens respectively were victorious in the final match of the 2021 Aiteo cup.
Bayelsa united defeated Nassarawa united 4-3 on penalties at the Samuel Omegbudia stadium Benin city to take home the trophy, the match ended 2-2 after the regular time.

Devoid of the rainy weather, the fixture was highly entertaining, Bayelsa united scored first during the early stages of the match through Inikurogha Okardi, who smashed home in the 19th minute, before Chinedu Ohanachom of Nassarawa united equalized almost immediately to restore parity between the two sides.
Aliyu Abdullahi gave Nassarawa united the lead almost immediately after the half hour, but Bayelsa united also equalized through Emo James.
The first 45 minutes was an entertaining one that saw 4 goals enter into the back of the net, but the 2nd 45 minutes ended scoreless as it was filled with missed chances from both teams.
Towards the end of the 90 minutes, the two coaches substituted there goalkeepers simultaneously, which signified there preparations for the penalty shoot out.
The substituted Bayelsa United did some heroics to deny Nassarawa united there first penalty.
https://rediish..com/2021/08/nigeria-midfielder-impresses-on-his.html

Surprisingly the highest goal score of the Nigeria professional football league Silas Nwankwo with 19 league and 3 Aiteo cup goals also missed his penalty kick.
Bayelsa united made history yesterday as the second club to win the Aiteo cup from the second division of Nigeria football called the Nigeria National league (NNL), after defunct Dolphins football club defeated El-kanemi warriors 2-0 to win it in 2001.
Bayelsa united would now proceed to the African continental stage to play in the CAF Confederation cup.
After an impressive season Nassarawa united would again fail to grace the continental stages after finishing in fourth position on the NPFL table.
Bayelsa united received the grand prize of 25 million naira, for winning the Aiteo cup while Nassara united would take hone a consolation prize of 10 million naira.

The victory of Bayelsa united over Nassarawa united was not the only victory for the south south state, as there female counterpart Bayelsa queens defeated FC Robo 4-2 to claim the female version of the Aiteo cup and receive a grand prize of 10 million naira.
All things seems to be working for good for Bayelsa state in the sports sector as the only silver medal in the just concluded Olympics was from a Bayelsa state contingent, Blessing Oduduru.
The investment been done by the Bayelsa state sports loving governor, Senator Douye Diri, seems to be yeiding major benefits, the governor was also a commisoner of sports in the state.
Read more
https://rediish..com/2021/08/double-glory-for-bayelsa-state-as.html
Niceone.
They did good.
I saw their Street parade today at yenagoa.
It's such a lovely sight to see.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 5:35pm On Aug 09, 2021
Karlovych:
A Pan-Africanist with only one African amongst his heroes, the other 3 are Americans and a Jamaican. Whether you like it or not players good enough to represent Nigeria will always be approached and called up regardless of their place of birth

I forgot Patrice Lumunba. By the way , if you are familiar with the ideologies of the the black Americans I listed then you wouldn't be questioning my stance. They see themselves primarily as Africans....like Bob Marley.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 6:01pm On Aug 09, 2021
IDENNAA:

I forgot Patrice Lumunba. By the way , if you are familiar with the ideologies of the the black Americans I listed then you wouldn't be questioning my stance. They see themselves primarily as Africans....like Bob Marley.
It's not about how they see themselves, is Usain Bolt African? or go and tell someone like Jay Z he is African
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:03pm On Aug 09, 2021
charlesemeka85:
Looking forward to hv the below listed players in the super eagles soon

Calvin Bassey--Glasgow rangers lb

Alhassan Yusuf--royal antwep cm

Lesley Ugochukwu--rennes cdm

Frank onyeka--brentford cdm (have been capped but his move to the epl will make a case for his recall to the team)

Good one how about Olise and Noni
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:15pm On Aug 09, 2021
humility33:

We can have both only time will tell
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:26pm On Aug 09, 2021
charlesemeka85:

We can have both only time will tell
Yeah wish we can try lure them with afcon and world cup. Both are perfect AMs to provide competition for Iwobi and step up nwakali

Noni can always cuts in from the right. He said he plays 10 prior coming to PSV
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 6:30pm On Aug 09, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

Shouldn't he be deputising for Ndidi? I thought Onyeka is more of a DM and the last time we played him as a CDM, he wasn't able to do well.
we should not judge him with just one game Sha like we did to Tony Nwakeame
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:50pm On Aug 09, 2021
IDENNAA:

Without mincing words I want you to understand from this juncture that I am a very strong Pan Africanist , who believe that we must put Africa first in everything we do. If my heroes are persons like Thomas Sankara , Malcolm X and Marcus Garvey and Louis Farakhan then you should save yourselves the headache of engaging me. I am so deeply African its unbelievable!

Now , to address this thing you wrote: I still don't understand your Osimhen and co examples.... What exactly are you trying to prove. Osimhen is a gifted Nigerian player who was contracted by Napoli. I am confused; what is the lesson ?

I still maintain my position on the foreign born. They add nothing to SE , rather they are using us to sell themselves to European clubs while our own are languishing in the Europe third world countries. Balogun , Ekong , Ebuehi and Aina has benefited from playing for SE, yet they havent won even a plastic cup. Aribo is over hyped by ROHR and has not added anything to the team...Nwakali is miles ahead of him. Iwobi is still learning how to play a 10 since he started playing for us. He can be easily replaced....he isn't better that Onyekuru.

These foreign born use us as last resort...and that's shameful. They will never touch a Nigerian woman with a long pole, they do not invest in Nigeria and will never return home. So, whats the point ? I am sorry , but I will not apologize for thinking highly of my mothers land.

You want to rush and cap players in europe academies while we have talents littered across Nigeria who are a million times better than these crappy English boys.

But , you write a lot of senseless shiiit ooo....did you say we refused to get the best FB and settled for mediocre. You must not have been following recent happening....Abraham rejected Nigeria and mocked us openly , Saka rejected Nigeria , Eze rejected us , Torunarigha rejected us...No high flying foreign born will ever agree to play for Nigeria. They mostly marry oyibo or mixed....these ppunks feel our women are inferior !

Your entire choice of words is disconcerting, Idennaa, my good man.

Just look at your last sentence, it transcends the conventions of football and sums up your septic reasoning.

This isn't Pan-Africanism as you allege, brother; this is a toxic mentality.

You don't bring others down to exalt your kind. I am genuinely worried about your state of mind.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:55pm On Aug 09, 2021
CharlesEmeka the nairaland Fabrizio Romano grin

Bros why your transfer infos no dey ever click
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:56pm On Aug 09, 2021
humility33:

Stop wishing bad luck to these innocent young boys. They deserve better angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:19pm On Aug 09, 2021
ChrisKels:

Stop wishing bad luck to these young innocent boys. They deserve better angry

You've started Chriskels
Nigeria is not bad luck
Some of the citizens and all the leaders in government are.....bad luck
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:20pm On Aug 09, 2021
ChrisKels:

Here he go again looking for trouble grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 7:21pm On Aug 09, 2021
ChrisKels:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 7:24pm On Aug 09, 2021
maidaboi:
No am not saying he shouldn't be invited, but if he's invited, he shouldn't be played out of position. Especially because someone already clamored for him to replace Etebo who will also be playing in the EPL.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:28pm On Aug 09, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

No am not saying he shouldn't be invited, but if he's invited, he shouldn't be played out of position. Especially because someone already clamored for him to replace Etebo who will also be playing in the EPL.

Even if he replace etebo as a CM he will do better than etebo so no need to fear as regard that for now we have got Aribo ahead of etebo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:29pm On Aug 09, 2021
maidaboi:

Onyeka don enter epl nobody go fit slander am like nwakaeme
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:29pm On Aug 09, 2021
Odunayaw:
You won't change his opinions Jefe. Pages upon pages of arguing this thing again and again. Please let's move on...I de kneel down

Ewo ni Jefe ? grin

Just call him ogbeni or alaye grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:30pm On Aug 09, 2021
ChrisKels:

Emeka news na from ANS

I o go surprise if na him get that site grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 7:32pm On Aug 09, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

Your entire choice of words is disconcerting, Idennaa, my good man.

Just look at your last sentence, it transcends the conventions of football and sums up your septic reasoning.

This isn't Pan-Africanism as you allege, brother; this is a toxic mentality.

You don't bring others down to exalt your kind. I am genuinely worried about your state of mind.
Worrying about his state of mind is you being kind with words, am more concerned with his mental state.

Like how IDENNAA has been polluting this thread since yesterday with his insipid analogy way of argument is something have been finding difficult to take, your opinions are so vague, filled with hatred and lopsidedness.

I managed to tolerate it last week, am not ready to take same this week, please IDENNAA rest alittle bit let others comment maybe in the weekend you can come again. After a stressful day at work with hope of reading a well research and articulated information from people like the Lonecitizen, Andrew444 Thesupernerd and the rest then you end up with some nitwit who call them self pan africanist

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:33pm On Aug 09, 2021
andrew444:

Onyeka don enter epl nobody go fit slander am like nwakaeme

I still see him as a full time carpenter, until he proves otherwise
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:39pm On Aug 09, 2021
andrew444:

Emeka news na from ANS

I o go surprise if na him get that site grin

He is regular visitor of ANS and OGN, na there him dey gather him news come dey share here. He is doing well sha, I love his passion though him dey bias sometimes.

He still hasn’t told us wetin happen to his almighty Abdul Zubairu whom he claimed was eagles best midfielder
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:40pm On Aug 09, 2021
ChrisKels:

Bia this abia state man lemme ooooo I dey post news as I see online cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:42pm On Aug 09, 2021
humility33:

Even if he replace etebo as a CM he will do better than etebo so no need to fear as regard that for now we have got Aribo ahead of etebo
if he do better than Etebo in EPL
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:42pm On Aug 09, 2021
ChrisKels:

He is regular visitor of ANS and OGN, na there him dey gather him news come dey share here. He is doing well sha, I love his passion though him dey bias sometimes.

He still hasn’t told us wetin happen to his almighty Abdul Zubairu whom he claimed was eagles best midfielder
haba I no talk like that buh said he is one to look out for cheesy

Atleast I got some right like Alhassan moving to antwep, onyeka to brentford, ebuehi to Venezia, etebo to Watford etc grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:45pm On Aug 09, 2021
charlesemeka85:
Bia this abia state man lemme ooooo I dey post news as I see online cheesy

I need news on Isaac Success and Tom Dele Bashiru. I really have high hopes on that Bashiru boy. He, Nwakali and Alhassan are the three I’m tipping to assume the eagles CM mantle
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:46pm On Aug 09, 2021
charlesemeka85:
haba I no talk like that buh said he is one to look out for cheesy

Atleast I got some right like Alhassan moving to antwep, onyeka to brentford, ebuehi to Venezia, etebo to Watford etc grin

Is he still better than Nwakali? wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:47pm On Aug 09, 2021
ChrisKels:

I need news on Isaac Success and Tom Dele Bashiru. I really have high hopes on that Bashiru boy. He, Nwakali and Alhassan are the three I’m tipping to assume the eagles CM mantle
nothing on bashiru for now buh may leave on loan to a championship side

Success wants to remain at Watford an does not fancy moving to udinese that wants him on loan
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:50pm On Aug 09, 2021
ChrisKels:

Is he still better than Nwakali? wink
baba I am not yet convinced for Nwakali yet to he honest . Did well for alcoron which was one of the worst laliga 2 sides last season buh to me that's not enough. Let's hope he stakes a claim in huesca's 1st 11 this coming season

For now Nwakali tops zubairu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:52pm On Aug 09, 2021
ChrisKels:

to he honest Nwakali and Bashiru re outsider for now. No be say na hate but I am just been sincere

I think the emergence of Alhassan and onyeka hv pushed them down the pecking order
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:01pm On Aug 09, 2021
maidaboi:
if he do better than Etebo in EPL
I know he will likely do better but let's watch out

This one that most of our players in italy and England are in relegation bound team or struggling team fears me same with thosw in France too

(1) (2) (3) ... (11034) (11035) (11036) (11037) (11038) (11039) (11040) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kennysville(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.