Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,378 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11834) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11787339 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11831) (11832) (11833) (11834) (11835) (11836) (11837) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 4:07pm On Dec 09, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Then all super eagle players are average and below average if we are to go by what you said

Summary of the Gospel by darkelf
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 4:09pm On Dec 09, 2021
lakesidepapa:

NFF can hire another coach, not now but after afcon, Regardless his team performance. Afcon is in two weeks time,sacking him now will have an effect on the performance of the team.

He should lead the team to Cameroun.

That's the bitter truth and I am no fan of Rohr
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 4:11pm On Dec 09, 2021
IDENNAA:

Onyekuru[b] is definitely above average[/b]. We know he can be a world class player if the conditions are met.

Onyekuru is definitely below Average

He is one of the most overrated players in the SE apart from Iwobi

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 4:16pm On Dec 09, 2021
VicMo is way better than any wingers we have presently. That is a fact

None of our headless chicken dribblers can cross or shot comfortably

None of them gives me hope that their unnecessary dribbling would have a definite end product.

BUt VicMo is still doing it at his age week in week out and has played with the best of the best.

Our average wingers that are bench warmers for thir clubs can only dream of VicMo's achievements and status in European/World football

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 4:49pm On Dec 09, 2021
Goteborg have signed a 19-year-old left back from the same academy they signed Alhassan Yusuf.

His name: Ogbu Abraham.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 5:00pm On Dec 09, 2021
darkelf:

Onyekuru is definitely below Average

He is one of the most overrated players in the SE apart from Iwobi

Please bring his SE stats let us see.

A player that did everything to please Rohr and eventually lost track of his self, is below average. The way we dey condemn players here sha.

It was Rohr and and Super Eagles that frustrated Onyekuru. What he needs now is stability and self confidence to regain himself. On his day, if Rohr had trusted him as he foolishly trust Simon consistently, you won't be saying this. Dude needs to find his mojo and shame all of you.

Even with his deep in form, I'll still pick him above Simon, Denis, and Ejuke. That's how much I trust him on the SE shirt.

We will just stone people when they are unjustly pushed down and begin to flirt with someone else now living the moment. That's not the way it works. I blame Rohr for his ordeals. His self esteem bartered when Rohr keep keeping him on the bench for a wayward Simon.

I'm even angry and emotiona right now typing this. My only stroke for Henry is not working hard enough to play as a team player. He's a great Winger and goal scorer, but he needs to play for the team, thats where he has a weak spot and appears to have worked on when he last played for the SE.

MAKE UNA FREE THE GUY. He cannot come and kill himself for a coach that doesn't like him.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 5:04pm On Dec 09, 2021
Rohr has always had issues with exceptional players in the SE. I recall how he was benching Chukwueze before/during our last AFCON until the whole nation revolted against him. Same thing he did to Henry. Same thing he did to Ebuehi, same thing he is doing to Ejuke now.

Man just don't fancy sleaky players who enjoy their game or show off their skills. He Wants firewood players like Nacho and Simon.

Olodo.

14 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 5:11pm On Dec 09, 2021
PurpleHouse:
Rohr has always had issues with exceptional players in the SE. I recall how he was benching Chukwueze before/during our last AFCON until the whole nation revolted against him. Same thing he did to Henry. Same thing he did to Ebuehi, same thing he is doing to Ejuke now.

Man just don't fancy sleaky players who enjoy their game or show off their skills. He Wants firewood players like Nacho and Simon.

Olodo.

Don't be too emotional. The same rorh dropped iheanacho from his AFCON squad in 2019. The same rorh benched simon moses in 2019 AFCON. The same Oyekuru was in the team at the 2019 AFCON.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 5:14pm On Dec 09, 2021
damagnificentusb:

Don't be too emotional. The same rorh dropped iheanacho from his AFCON squad in 2019. The same rorh benched simon moses in 2019 AFCON. The same Oyekuru was in the team at the 2019 AFCON.

He only dropped Nacho because dude was totally useless that season, as he has also become this season.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:15pm On Dec 09, 2021
Fact of the month:
Bonke Innocent has more titles than goals.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 5:17pm On Dec 09, 2021
darkelf:
VicMo is way better than any wingers we have presently. That is a fact

None of our headless chicken dribblers can cross or shot comfortably

None of them gives me hope that their unnecessary dribbling would have a definite end product.

BUt VicMo is still doing it at his age week in week out and has played with the best of the best.

Our average wingers that are bench warmers for thir clubs can only dream of VicMo's achievements and status in European/World football

There's nothing special in his stats so far this season, 21 appearances with 2 goals and 5 assists is an average performance. It seems after the loss to CAR, Rohr has gone into panic mode to recall retired players who will most likely retire after the tournament or possibly the world cup if we qualify. He should be more worried about his poor tactics than recalling these players.
Against Argentina in 2018 with the scores still at 1-1, and with them constantly attacking us and with several substations, rather than instruct his players to feign an injury or make an early tactical sub to kill/suppress their tempo a little bit, the coward waited until Rojo had scored in the 86th minute to bring on Iwobi and Simy in the 90th and 92nd minute to perform miracles for him. It's his same coward mindset that has made him recall Ighalo and Moses for his miracles.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 5:31pm On Dec 09, 2021
He's not even named on the team.
Na so he allow laziness and comfort zone kill him glorious career. But them nor dey see this one stone Ooh. Na the ones wey nor get enough opportunity.

Comfort zones has buried more destinies than death itself. What a waste of talent. I have no more pity for him. He could have pressed for a move last season but he nor gree.

I'm not stoning or mocking him, just angry at his love for his comfort zone.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 5:36pm On Dec 09, 2021
Karlovych:
There's nothing special in his stats so far this season, 21 appearances with 2 goals and 5 assists is an average performance. It seems after the loss to CAR, Rohr has gone into panic mode to recall retired players who will most likely retire after the tournament or possibly the world cup if we qualify. He should be more worried about his poor tactics than recalling these players.

One of the reasons why I used to be a staunch believer of rorh was because of his ruthlessness during the early times of his reign. Even if his tactics wasn't always spot on, he wasn't afraid of dropping anybody. He dropped musa to the bench when he(musa) wasnt performing. It took musa a successful loan spell at CSKA Moscow and a decent World cup to regain his place in the team. Balogun who was a key member of the starting 11 was dropped from the starting 11 during the AFCON when he was off form. He lost his place to omeruo and semi ajayi. A young and inexperienced chukwueze was quickly integrated into the team and immediately secured his place in the starting 11, displacing Rorh's trusted son "simon Moses". Samu, kalu and osimhen (KOC) were his preferred attack pre-covid. But all of a sudden the man just became too soft. Cutting underperforming players too much slack.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 5:38pm On Dec 09, 2021
damagnificentusb:

One of the reasons why I used to be a staunch believer of rorh was because of his ruthlessness during the early times of his reign. Even if his tactics wasn't always spot on, he wasn't afraid of dropping anybody. He dropped musa to the bench when he(musa) wasnt performing. It took musa a successful loan spell at CSKA Moscow and a decent World cup to regain his place in the team. Balogun who was a key member of the starting 11 was dropped from the starting 11 during the AFCON when he was off form. He lost his place to omeruo and semi ajayi. A young and inexperienced chukwueze was quickly integrated into the team and immediately secured his place in the starting 11, displacing Rorh's trusted son "simon Moses". Samu, kalu and osimhen (KOC) were his preferred attack pre-covid. But all of a sudden the man just became too soft. Cutting underperforming players too much slack.
This current Rohr wouldn't have been able to qualify this team if they were in the same group like the 2017 one, his decline is very glaring. We hardly produce attempts on target in a lot of games, sometimes its as low as 3 or 4 in 90 minutes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 5:39pm On Dec 09, 2021
PurpleHouse:
Na so he allow laziness and comfort zone kill him glorious career. But them nor dey see this one stone Ooh. Na the ones wey nor get enough opportunity.

Comfort zones has buried more destinies than death itself. What a waste of talent. I have no more pity for him. He could have pressed for a move last season but he nor gree.

Once again stop being too emotional. Iheanacho, lookman and some other Leicester city players couldn't make the trip due to covid related ish.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:54pm On Dec 09, 2021
darkelf:

Summary of the Gospel by darkelf

Gospel means good news sir and brings light and joy. Not sure summary of the gospel matches your pontifications about doom and gloom.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 5:54pm On Dec 09, 2021
damagnificentusb:

Once again stop being too emotional. Iheanacho, lookman and some other Leicester city players couldn't make the trip due to covid related ish.

Oga, whats it with the constant emotions?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:55pm On Dec 09, 2021
jihday:
sacking him after Afcon wouldn’t make sense, should have been fired after the CAR games

why not carry bazooka goan fire him,
unable want return us to fire Bridget approach ha
?

una want make we start another pamutation period abi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 5:58pm On Dec 09, 2021
The others here downplaying some players arent emotional but na me get emotions pass, becaue I mention emotions? Abeg I am a stone cold man who speaks truth with looking at anybody's face.

Nor be emotion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 6:19pm On Dec 09, 2021
andrewbaba44:

But Jorginho Issa back passer and besides I have no issues with Jorginho ,saying he can’t win ballon d or is pure reality and not dragging

Suddenly you are no more a Pendu fan boy after you guys has been dealt with severally

No Dey disguise Dey use Jorginho Dey cover your tears grin

The funny thing is that one of pendu and Jorginho won’t make it to the World Cup cheesy
I come tell you say I get issue with Messi

Nah Pendu no go go World Cup cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 6:21pm On Dec 09, 2021
PurpleHouse:
The others here downplaying some players arent emotional but na me get emotions pass, becaue I mention emotions? Abeg I am a stone cold man who speaks truth with looking at anybody's face.

Nor be emotion.
Stone cold baba no vex. Hope you get it now that KC and some other players couldn't travel because of covid related issues. If the covid story is true, na im be say u kick penalty to throw-in be dat.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 6:27pm On Dec 09, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

Stone cold baba no vex. Hope you get it now that KC and some other players couldn't travel because of covid related issues. If the covid story is true, na im be say u kick penalty to throw-in be dat.

Abeg when last Nacho start game. No, sorry, when last Nacho play football?

Covid ko. Gbomogbomo ni.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:36pm On Dec 09, 2021
Neobulletzz:

I come tell you say I get issue with Messi

Nah Pendu no go go World Cup cheesy cheesy

cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:38pm On Dec 09, 2021
PurpleHouse:

Please bring his SE stats let us see.

A player that did everything to please Rohr and eventually lost track of his self, is below average. The way we dey condemn players here sha.

It was Rohr and and Super Eagles that frustrated Onyekuru. What he needs now is stability and self confidence to regain himself. On his day, if Rohr had trusted him as he foolishly trust Simon consistently, you won't be saying this. Dude needs to find his mojo and shame all of you.

Even with his deep in form, I'll still pick him above Simon, Denis, and Ejuke. That's how much I trust him on the SE shirt.

We will just stone people when they are unjustly pushed down and begin to flirt with someone else now living the moment. That's not the way it works. I blame Rohr for his ordeals. His self esteem bartered when Rohr keep keeping him on the bench for a wayward Simon.

I'm even angry and emotiona right now typing this. My only stroke for Henry is not working hard enough to play as a team player. He's a great Winger and goal scorer, but he needs to play for the team, thats where he has a weak spot and appears to have worked on when he last played for the SE.

MAKE UNA FREE THE GUY. He cannot come and kill himself for a coach that doesn't like him.

So rohr frustrated onyekuru sote e come affect club form?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:43pm On Dec 09, 2021
PurpleHouse:

Olodo.

All the players rohr benched only chukwueze doesn’t deserved to be benched

The rest players deserved their place at the bench

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:45pm On Dec 09, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:
Fact of the month:
Bonke Innocent has more titles than goals.

Not surprising for a defensive midfielder

Obi Mikel and Sergio busquets should be on this table also

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:57pm On Dec 09, 2021
PurpleHouse:

Because he is not on the team you are quick to call it laziness without knowing what happened

Smh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:58pm On Dec 09, 2021
damagnificentusb:

Leave him ,but he said he isn’t mocking him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:00pm On Dec 09, 2021
PurpleHouse:

Iheanacho has Covid

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 7:07pm On Dec 09, 2021
Onyekuru having his second best game of his Olympiakos career.

Should score tonight.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 7:16pm On Dec 09, 2021
Truidstar:

Underperforming how? Which of his targets did he not meet? Rohr will win the nations cup.
Is this some sort of joke or comical relief cheesy cheesy cheesy

You'd do well as a comedian, you're just too funny

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:19pm On Dec 09, 2021
PurpleHouse:

KC has covid

(1) (2) (3) ... (11831) (11832) (11833) (11834) (11835) (11836) (11837) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.