Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11836) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11642946 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11833) (11834) (11835) (11836) (11837) (11838) (11839) ... (16144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Astrid4(m): 8:13am On Dec 10, 2021
Philosopher1979:
DANGOTE ABOUT TO BUY ARSENAL!!!!!

Dangots attemt to buy arsenal is about to become a reality according to
football.london.

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/news/aliko-dangote-arsenal-takeover-worth-22371428

MY THOUGHTS ON THIS ARE MIXED

1. IT SHOW NIGERIAN FOOTBALL DOES NOT LACK MONEY BUT NFF IS SO CORRUT THAT IT
CANNOT ATTRACT SONSORS LIKE DANGOTE TO THE LEAGUE
2. DANGOTE SHOULD TRY AND INVEST IN ENYIBA OR VANDREZZER RATHER THAN SOME FOREING LEAVE
3. ON THE OTHER HAND, IT MEANS NIGERIAN TALENTS LIKE AKINKUNMI AMOO, ABRAHAM AYODELE MARCUS, AUL MUKAIRU ETC
CAN NOW EASILY COME TO ARSENAL AS THEIR OWNER IS A NIGERIAN
4. ALSO, THERE WILL BE COOERATION BETWEEN ARSENAL AND NIGERIAN FOOTBALL AND SO ARSENAL CAN OWN A FOOTBALL
ACADEMY IN NIGERIA OR EVEN ARTNER WITH NIGERIAN CLUBS AS TIME GOES ON.
IN OTHER WORDS, THE MONEY WILL STILL FLOW INDIRECTLY TO NIGERIAN FOOTBALL AS TIME GOES ON

Which kain beer parlor analysis be this grin grin you think this business men take their investment with sentiment and unnecessary prejudices then you must be joking grin since
Abramovich bought Chelsea in July 2003 Yuri Zhikov and smertin are the only two Russian player that have played for the club grin
All this your beer analysis ends here you're just too ambitious grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:28am On Dec 10, 2021
calvin is very calm and smooth on the ball. if well nurtured he will turn out to be a classy CB

he really impressed me last night
ChrisKels:
Some center back options coming through. Osaze made a winning debut playing 90minutes for Celtic against Real Betis yesterday.

Ughelumba was also class for Rangers too

The kinda physique I like for my CBs

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 8:29am On Dec 10, 2021
Afcon is starting in like 30 days, list suppose don drop naw

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:34am On Dec 10, 2021
ameno cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Amedino99:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:36am On Dec 10, 2021
German-born Werder Bremen star Felix Agu says he is now open to representing the Nigerian national team and is now waiting to hear from manager Gernot Rohr ahead of the upcoming Africa Cup of Nations.

The versatile right-back was contacted by Rohr to play for the Super Eagles in 2019 but declined the invitation because he was already representing Germany's U21 national team.

Aged 22, Agu's time with Germany U21s is all but up, and he wants to switch his allegiance to Nigeria, where his father originally hails from.

He played only two friendly games for Germany's youth team, hence, he doesn't have to request for a one-time change of association from Germany to Nigeria before wearing the Super Eagles jersey in Cameroon.

Asked the last time he was contacted by Rohr, Agu said to Deich Stube : "I haven't heard anything for a long time. Maybe it will come again.

"At that time I canceled the Nigerian Association because I wanted to go to the German U21s first. Up until then I had never been to the national team and I wanted to get used to it.

"Now my time with the U21 is over. But it wasn't a decision against Nigeria, it was a decision to keep my surroundings that are more or less familiar. Now I am open to the topic."

Agu is credited with 40 appearances in the German 2. Bundesliga and has eight assists to his name, while he has fifteen games under his belt in the top-flight.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:17am On Dec 10, 2021
Amedino99:

This year AFCON is looking like it's going to be very dull....
And I'm not reffering to Nigeria,but the whole of Africa...
The excitement doesn't appear to be there....

CAF better get their acts together and restructure the competition...it's losing value...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:36am On Dec 10, 2021
andrewbaba44:

But what do you have with onyekuru grin

Is this a trick question, sir?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jargozaza(m): 9:56am On Dec 10, 2021
We don't need him he should keep waiting for the German team call up they need him
charlesemeka85:
German-born Werder Bremen star Felix Agu says he is now open to representing the Nigerian national team and is now waiting to hear from manager Gernot Rohr ahead of the upcoming Africa Cup of Nations.

The versatile right-back was contacted by Rohr to play for the Super Eagles in 2019 but declined the invitation because he was already representing Germany's U21 national team.

Aged 22, Agu's time with Germany U21s is all but up, and he wants to switch his allegiance to Nigeria, where his father originally hails from.

He played only two friendly games for Germany's youth team, hence, he doesn't have to request for a one-time change of association from Germany to Nigeria before wearing the Super Eagles jersey in Cameroon.

Asked the last time he was contacted by Rohr, Agu said to Deich Stube : "I haven't heard anything for a long time. Maybe it will come again.

"At that time I canceled the Nigerian Association because I wanted to go to the German U21s first. Up until then I had never been to the national team and I wanted to get used to it.

"Now my time with the U21 is over. But it wasn't a decision against Nigeria, it was a decision to keep my surroundings that are more or less familiar. Now I am open to the topic."

Agu is credited with 40 appearances in the German 2. Bundesliga and has eight assists to his name, while he has fifteen games under his belt in the top-flight.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by UrVillageGuys(m): 10:10am On Dec 10, 2021
BOOOMNAIJA:
The hesgoal channel that is supposed to show d match is showing something else while the channel for d Cape Verde match is already showing that match.... everything about this country is indeed cursed
You should have tried [url="https://pointgoals.com]PointGoals[/url]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by UrVillageGuys(m): 10:12am On Dec 10, 2021
Icon79:
OK. I will try again today, the last time I tried it didn’t work. And the game isn’t even listed on hesgoal.com today either, so this FIFA TV is my only hope.

O pari

Or [url="https://pointgoals.com]PointGoals[/url] cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 10:37am On Dec 10, 2021
charlesemeka85:

Another day, another European reject aiming to use Nigeria as their 2nd option when their 1st option didn’t materialize. I hope that one day, with the success of the likes of osimehn, Dennis, ndidi, zaidu, we can invest into our grassroots and only selects individuals that earned that position by selecting us as their number 1 option..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Panda7(m): 10:57am On Dec 10, 2021
Nigerian league hasn't gotten a tv right till today??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:00am On Dec 10, 2021
Just reading on Ralf Ragnick the new Manchester United manager and reading somethings about his influence on German football. I summarized Rhor is not German and that he should ask his father where he is really from.

His ideas is so different from the modern German coaching philosophy.

Ralf Ragnick refused to coach AC Milan because they signed Ibrahimovic. He felt Ibrahimovic was too old for the pressing game.

Here Rhor is doing the opposite.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:12am On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
Just reading on Ralf Ragnick the new Manchester United manager and reading somethings about his influence on German football. I summarized Rhor is not German and that he should ask his father where he is really from.

His ideas is so different from the modern German coaching philosophy.

Ralf Ragnick refused to coach AC Milan because they signed Ibrahimovic. He felt Ibrahimovic was too old for the pressing game.

Here Rhor is doing the opposite.

I don tell you before na grin ..Rohr is more French than German cheesy

He spent most of his career in France and started his coaching there....

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:30am On Dec 10, 2021
This is the last photo ever taken of this ex-footballer. He died on Monday.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:32am On Dec 10, 2021
ChrisKels:

Has the matter been settled yet, abi e remain small?

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CODMOK: 12:04pm On Dec 10, 2021
Danielnino00:

I don tell you before na grin ..Rohr is more French than German cheesy

He spent most of his career in France and started his coaching there....

Berti Vogt nko?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jargozaza(m): 12:21pm On Dec 10, 2021
They don't even have title sponsors talkless of T
right when semi pro league like SociaLiga and The Creative Championship has Sponsors from Title sponsors to MOTM to Player of the Month
Panda7:
Nigerian league hasn't gotten a tv right till today??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 10, 2021
charlesemeka85:

Source: Charlesemeka comedy news blog.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:37pm On Dec 10, 2021
charlesemeka85:

You are welcome to the party. But know that there is no automatic slot for you. We are heavily loaded in the defense already, so come and prove your worth first.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:04pm On Dec 10, 2021
Icon4s:

You are welcome to the party. But know that there is no automatic slot for you. We are heavily loaded in the defense already, so come and prove your worth first.

Heavily loaded with olodos

Abi na error prone ekong b loaded or aging balogun with slower pace..to me DT defence needs proper shuffling, dem just many for deer esp d center backs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by KilluminatiX87(m): 2:32pm On Dec 10, 2021
If you're on Clubhouse, join this room tomorrow where we'll be talking about Rohr https://www.clubhouse.com/join/super-eaglesnaija-footy/q0vaeMq8/P0K36n29
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:38pm On Dec 10, 2021
charlesemeka85:
calvin is very calm and smooth on the ball. if well nurtured he will turn out to be a classy CB

he really impressed me last night
Classy Bassey!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:39pm On Dec 10, 2021
elyte89:

Abi na error prone ekong b loaded or aging balogun with slower pace..to me DT defence needs proper shuffling, dem just many for deer esp d center backs

I agree the defence needs proper shifting, but not with new faces that will take time to integrate,

Omeruo is there, Kelvin is there, so is Chidozie, those three can play CBs, will leaving the right and left back spots, to Ebuehi Aina, Zanusi,

if there is a need for new faces, it should start with Calvin,

Agu should just goan Sodom one corner abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:56pm On Dec 10, 2021
elyte89:

Abeg forget that thing. Na so una talk for Akpoguma, las-las he even worse pass the ones you called olodos.

The Felix Agu needs to come and prove he is better than the so called olodos, first, before we talk of dropping anyone for him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 3:26pm On Dec 10, 2021
I just read on owngoalnigeria how rohr is praising Simon moses… it’s evident that, he hasn’t learned his lessons and we should expect similar selections that occurred at wcq at the nations cup…. I don’t know whether to blame rohr, pinnick or myself for having such interest in super eagles

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:28pm On Dec 10, 2021
Mohammed of Brila FM Abuja said “Have you guys forgotten so soon how Amunike won the U-17 World Cup with so many challenges from the NFF?

“They had to crawl to get to the finals and win the competition. No jerseys for them, they were using hand needle to sew their torn jerseys at the competition proper.”

Amaju Pinnick and sabotaging local coaches. Chai.

May God bless and keep rewarding the 2015 U17 World Cup-winning team. Players, coaches, and staff. You guys did us proud despite the challenges.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
Mohammed of Brila FM Abuja said “Have you guys forgotten so soon how Amunike won the U-17 World Cup with so many challenges from the NFF?

“They had to crawl to get to the finals and win the competition. No jerseys for them, they were using hand needle to sew their torn jerseys at the competition proper.”

Amaju Pinnick and sabotaging local coaches. Chai.

May God bless and keep rewarding the 2015 U17 World Cup-winning team. Players, coaches, and staff. You guys did us proud despite the challenges.

cheesy

.... and you'd believe they used hand needle to sew their torn Jerseys?! Can you remind me at least a Match where one of the Players had his Jersey torn?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:37pm On Dec 10, 2021
12large1:
I just read on owngoalnigeria how rohr is praising Simon moses… it’s evident that, he hasn’t learned his lessons and we should expect similar selections that occurred at wcq at the nations cup…. I don’t know whether to blame rohr, pinnick or myself for having such interest in super eagles

This is why I don't break my head for the Super Eagles. I just watch ones in a while.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:37pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:

cheesy

.... and you'd believe they used hand needle to sew their torn Jerseys?! Can you remind me at least a Match where one of the Players had his Jersey torn?

Will you know where players will have slits from sewn spots?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Will you know where players will have slits from sewn spots?

.... and will you know if really they sew their torn Jersey with needle? None of the Players ever talked about it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11833) (11834) (11835) (11836) (11837) (11838) (11839) ... (16144) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Friday03, lordofstrings and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.