Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1511) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11643200 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1508) (1509) (1510) (1511) (1512) (1513) (1514) ... (16144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 1:18pm On Sep 15, 2017
BascoVanVeli:
The Ighalo Mikel derby is going on now with Ighalo's team winning 0-1.
it's now 2 nil

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 1:22pm On Sep 15, 2017
3nil
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 1:24pm On Sep 15, 2017
ighalo scored the second goal

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:27pm On Sep 15, 2017
femianski:
3nil

Mikel might be getting relegated.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:27pm On Sep 15, 2017
femianski:
ighalo scored the second goal

it was an assist.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 1:48pm On Sep 15, 2017
kk thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:57pm On Sep 15, 2017
0-4 I feel bad for Mikel.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 2:16pm On Sep 15, 2017
0-5 yellow card to mikel
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 2:16pm On Sep 15, 2017
0-5 yellow card to mikel
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:29pm On Sep 15, 2017
Chelsea Loanee Aina Determined To Bounce Back After Fulham, Derby Losses

Super Eagles invitee Ola Aina is confident that Hull City will return to winning ways when they take on Sunderland in the EFL
Championship on Saturday.

Leonid Slutsky's men were thrashed 5-0 by Derby County a week ago and suffered another defeat at the hands of Fulham on Wednesday, but Aina hopes the Tigers will pick up their third win of the season against the Black Cats because of their home advantage.

The right back told Hull City's official website : ''It's a game that we're looking forward to and we know that we need to perform.

''We're determined to bounce back from what has happened in the last few days. It's been a tough few days but that is why we are looking forward to getting back out there.

"Our performance against Fulham on Wednesday was better than our performance against Derby.

''We need to improve again now on Saturday to try and get the result that we need."

Apart from Aina, Chelsea loanee Fikayo Tomori and Sunderland's Sweden U21 international of Nigerian parentage Joel Asoro are in line to feature at the KCOM Stadium.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24641

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 2:42pm On Sep 15, 2017
DrKlever:
what are you saying exactly?? so you mean mikel agu is better controller of AM than iwobi?? excuse me sir
Iwobi is a talented player but he's not the type you can rely on to do the kind of job Mikel does now.
Iwobi finds it difficult to last 90 with good concentration, he might need to work on that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:50pm On Sep 15, 2017
Odion Ighalo is a very wicked man.... haba! You dey play your national team captain's club and you know say u dey bad-ass form... yet you still shine like fire... haba!

One goal and One assist for Ighalo in his team's (Changchun Yatai) 5-1 away trumping of Mikel Obi's Tianjin Teda.... wink

My people, that is from the land of Kung-fu and Shaolin .. grin

#ChineseSuperLeague

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:56pm On Sep 15, 2017
Leicester City's Ndidi Is The Top Tackler In The Premier League Ahead Of Kante, Matic

Leicester City Young Player of the Year Wilfred Ndidi is the joint-top tackler in the English Premier League after the opening four matches, according to the official website of the Premier League.

The Nigeria international has clocked up more tackles than Chelsea midfielder N'Golo Kante and Nemanja Matic, who is Manchester United's top tackler.

Ndidi has made 17 tackles, level with West Ham United's Pedro Obiang, 4.25 tackles on average since the start of the season.

Cédric Soares (Southampton), Idrissa Gueye (Everton), N'Golo Kante (Chelsea) and Christopher Schindler (Huddersfield Town) round of the top six tacklers in the English top-flight.

Despite Ndidi's all-action style, the Super Eagle is very disciplined as he has received only one yellow card, which he was shown in the 84th minute of Leicester's 2-1 loss to Chelsea last weekend.

Top Six Tacklers In The Premier League

1) Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City) - 17

2) Pedro Obiang (West Ham) - 17

3) Cédric Soares (Southampton) - 15

Idrissa Gueye (Everton) - 15

N'Golo Kante (Chelsea) - 15

Christopher Schindler (Huddersfield Town) - 15

19) Nemanja Matic (Manchester United) - 10

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24642

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 3:39pm On Sep 15, 2017
MY PRAYERS FOR NIGERIA IN OCTOBER 2017 1. May Nigeria still remain one 2. May the Super Eagles qualify for Russia 2018 World cup

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:16pm On Sep 15, 2017
If these are the best referees in West Africa the game is trouble.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:29pm On Sep 15, 2017
Niger goes a goal up on Senegal. 1-0.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 4:30pm On Sep 15, 2017
BascoVanVeli:
If these are the best referees in West Africa the game is trouble.

Thank God for WAFU, people can now see that it is not only Nigeria referees that's bad...

But it's a bad omen for development of round leather game

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:35pm On Sep 15, 2017
Odion Ighalo Outshines Captain Mikel In Chinese Super League

Odion Ighalo took his tally for the season to twelve goals after finding the net in Changchun Yatai's 5-1 hammering of Tianjin Teda at the Tianjin Olympic Center Stadium on Friday afternoon.

With only six rounds left before the end of the season, the future of Super Eagles captain John Obi Mikel might be hot topic when the January transfer window reopens for business as Tianjin Teda are now staring relegation in the face.

And if they go down, Mikel, their marque signing, won't take the blame, for the simple reason that he was not involved in 17 consecutive matches as a result of injury.

Considered one of the top players on the Nigeria team, Mikel was outshone by Ighalo, with the former Watford striker scoring in the 69th minute after he had provided an assist for Changchun Yatai's second goal in the first half.

The in-form Ighalo has struck ten goals in his last eleven matches for Changchun Yatai, while providing two assists.

Changchun Yatai sit 10th on the Super League table with 31 points, and Tianjin Teda are second from bottom.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24643

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:36pm On Sep 15, 2017
soetanoreoluwa:

Thank God for WAFU, people can now see that it is not only Nigeria referees that's bad...

But it's a bad omen for development of round leather game

I agree but at least with every match televised on Foxsports the problem will have to be addressed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:11pm On Sep 15, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

I agree but at least with every match televised on Foxsports the problem will have to be addressed.

no worries in that place, our league will be televised too then the world shall see too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 5:16pm On Sep 15, 2017
#copied
saw this on a Chelsea facebook page
Despite being such a key performer in Chelsea’s title-winning side last season, it would be little surprise if Moses were to lose his place to the exciting Zappacosta this weekend, and perhaps for much of the rest of the season.
The 25-year-old looks a real talent and one who could do real damage to Arsenal with his pace, energy and quality going forward on that right-hand side.

Of course, Arsenal are an entirely different calibre of opposition, but Conte hinted he would continue with the Italian after being thoroughly impressed by his performance in midweek.
‘I’m really pleased with his performance,’ Conte said. ‘Now we have to continue to play with him and the other players. He played a really good game. Now he has to continue to work to improve, but for sure, Davide knew very well my style and idea of football. For this reason I decided to start with him. He was prepared to play, and played very well.’ [Metro]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:17pm On Sep 15, 2017
We are ready for Nigeria - Zambia captain

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5969457_zambiancaptainjpg_jpeg130a138b95b2020d12d3a0837cbbbb5f

Zambia captain, Kennedy Mweene said camping in Europe will encourage team bonding and concentration ahead of the FIFA 2018 World Cup qualifiers against the Super Eagles on October 7 in Uyo.

The Chipolopolo skipper also added that they will show the Super Eagles of Nigeria that they mean business in the pursuit of their first ever world cup ticket.

In his words: “We need this camp because we want to enter the pitch in Nigeria with unity and we need to show that we mean business.

“It is a very good idea. They did it with the U-20 and so for us to camp that side, especially the national team, we will be away from the pressures of the media and other things for us to focus,” Mweene said.

“It will also help us further bond more as a team away from home especially with the new guys and the Under-20 players.”

If Super Eagles win the clash, Zambians hope to debut in the world cup will be dashed, but if the reverse becomes the case, Chipolopolo will extend the battle for the ticket to the last games. Nigeria will be away to Algeria and Zambia.

www.soccernet.com.ng/2017/09/we-are-ready-for-nigeria-zambia-captain.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:18pm On Sep 15, 2017
I would like to see Teda relegated. Else Mikel would love to retire there..

I want to see Mikel move to a different league (France, Spain, Germany maybe). He still has 5 years or more years left.

BascoVanVeli:

Mikel might be getting relegated.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:20pm On Sep 15, 2017
Costa should have this in mind. Moses is still a winger. Nothing wrong having both play at the same time.

femianski:
#copied
saw this on a Chelsea facebook page
Despite being such a key performer in Chelsea’s title-winning side last season, it would be little surprise if Moses were to lose his place to the exciting Zappacosta this weekend, and perhaps for much of the rest of the season.
The 25-year-old looks a real talent and one who could do real damage to Arsenal with his pace, energy and quality going forward on that right-hand side.

Of course, Arsenal are an entirely different calibre of opposition, but Conte hinted he would continue with the Italian after being thoroughly impressed by his performance in midweek.
‘I’m really pleased with his performance,’ Conte said. ‘Now we have to continue to play with him and the other players. He played a really good game. Now he has to continue to work to improve, but for sure, Davide knew very well my style and idea of football. For this reason I decided to start with him. He was prepared to play, and played very well.’ [Metro]

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:27pm On Sep 15, 2017
do4luv14:

no worries in that place, our league will be televised too then the world shall see too

I can bet u that they will improve. Some of our referees are mostly lazy and only do guess work on the pitch because they know that they will get away with it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:32pm On Sep 15, 2017
Leicester City's Kelechi Iheanacho says he is ready to make full debut at Huddersfield

Club's £25m signing declares himself fully fit after being hut by injuries
Kelechi Iheanacho has declared he is ready to make his full Leicester City debut at Huddersfield Town tomorrow.

The £25million summer signing has been hampered by a toe injury he picked up after just 17 minutes of his first appearance since moving from Manchester City.

Iheanacho was forced off against Borussia Monchengladbach on the eve of the season opener at Arsenal and has played just 20 minutes so far this season.

However, he came through 80 minutes in the under-23s’ win over West Ham United on Monday, scoring in the process, and he said he is now ready to get his City career up and running, starting at the John Smith’s Stadium.

“Yes, I feel fit to start,” said Iheanacho. “It is up to the manager, who tells you when to start, but I am happy to be fit and back.

“It was frustrating to get injured and start the season injured. That is where you need to be strong and try to come back as quick as possible.

“I am happy it s not that bad and getting better every day. I was happy to get 80 minutes on Monday. The injury has nearly gone now.”

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-citys-kelechi-iheanacho-says-483418

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by danolorunmo(m): 5:37pm On Sep 15, 2017
Liverpool football club are back to the champions league where they will compete against the best of the best. They currently have an arsenal of some of the best players in the premier league such as Phillipe Countinho, Sadio Mane, Roberto Firmino, Mohammed Salah, Emre Can, etc. However, in recent years, Liverpool have performed credibly well against top teams in Europe but always seem so duffer against the weaker ones. Take for example, last two seasons during the Europa League, they performed a remarkable comeback against Borussia Dortmund, one that was totally unbelievable.

More details

https://grass-sports..com/2017/09/liverpool-can-win-champions-league-if.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 5:39pm On Sep 15, 2017
Very well said, Joebie. knowing Mikel as I know him, he's not the most ambitious person in the world. So you made a good point ... I won't be surprised if Mikel decides to end his career at Teda, if they don't get relegated. After all, this is the same dude who was contented to retire at Chelsea's bench even when less talented players like Romeu (sp) were being played ahead of him.

O pari

Joebie:

I want to see Mikel move to a different league (France, Spain, Germany maybe). He still has 5 years or more years left.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:47pm On Sep 15, 2017
Niger steals this at the death.
Niger 2-1 Senegal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:52pm On Sep 15, 2017
Joebie:

lol I agree with u sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 6:13pm On Sep 15, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Even at AFCON we have seen worst of it all.. If you could remember 2013 group stage officiating against Nigeria... Where penalty was awarded to our opponent outside box 18. It didn't start today...

Another one was a shameful officiating between Senegal and SA...

We need good ref in Africa at large
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 6:19pm On Sep 15, 2017
Joebie:

Whether they get relegated or not I know Mikel will leave soon. Reason for Chinese Is just to get playing time and I don't think he want lowly rated clubs in Europe majorly cos of his wages... Now that is getting fit... He Might leave January... Ligue 1 might suit him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1508) (1509) (1510) (1511) (1512) (1513) (1514) ... (16144) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.