Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1512) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11646945 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1509) (1510) (1511) (1512) (1513) (1514) (1515) ... (16144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:26pm On Sep 15, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

I can bet u that they will improve. Some of our referees are mostly lazy and only do guess work on the pitch because they know that they will get away with it.

not laziness, its all about integrity, after few csh have exchange hands, you can't blame for aiding, from where the csh came from
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:32pm On Sep 15, 2017
grin
BascoVanVeli:

lol I agree with u sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:33pm On Sep 15, 2017
I totally agree my brother.
Icon79:
Very well said, Joebie. knowing Mikel as I know him, he's not the most ambitious person in the world. So you made a good point ... I won't be surprised if Mikel decides to end his career at Teda, if they don't get relegated. After all, this is the same dude was contented to retire at Chelsea's bench even when less talented players like Romeu (sp) were being played ahead of him.

O pari

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:35pm On Sep 15, 2017
hahaha...
No sentiments here.. Let's put SE behind now.. na here we dey take dey chop, says Ighalo

TheSuperNerd:
Odion Ighalo is a very wicked man.... haba! You dey play your national team captain's club and you know say u dey bad-ass form... yet you still shine like fire... haba!

One goal and One assist for Ighalo in his team's (Changchun Yatai) 5-1 away trumping of Mikel Obi's Tianjin Teda.... wink

My people, that is from the land of Kung-fu and Shaolin .. grin

#ChineseSuperLeague

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:36pm On Sep 15, 2017
Leicester City's Ndidi Is The Top Tackler In The Premier League Ahead Of Kante, Matic
Published: September 15, 2017
Leicester City's Ndidi Is The Top Tackler In The Premier League Ahead Of Kante, MaticLeicester City Young Player of the Year Wilfred Ndidi is the joint-top tackler in the English Premier League after the opening four matches, according to the official website of the Premier League.

The Nigeria international has clocked up more tackles than Chelsea midfielder N'Golo Kante and Nemanja Matic, who is Manchester United's top tackler.

Ndidi has made 17 tackles, level with West Ham United's Pedro Obiang, 4.25 tackles on average since the start of the season.

Cédric Soares (Southampton), Idrissa Gueye (Everton), N'Golo Kante (Chelsea) and Christopher Schindler (Huddersfield Town) round of the top six tacklers in the English top-flight.

Despite Ndidi's all-action style, the Super Eagle is very disciplined as he has received only one yellow card, which he was shown in the 84th minute of Leicester's 2-1 loss to Chelsea last weekend.

Top Six Tacklers In The Premier League

1) Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City) - 17
2) Pedro Obiang (West Ham) - 17
3) Cédric Soares (Southampton) - 15
Idrissa Gueye (Everton) - 15
N'Golo Kante (Chelsea) - 15
Christopher Schindler (Huddersfield Town) - 15

19) Nemanja Matic (Manchester United) - 10

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

--ANS

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 6:50pm On Sep 15, 2017
femianski:
#copied
saw this on a Chelsea facebook page
Despite being such a key performer in Chelsea’s title-winning side last season, it would be little surprise if Moses were to lose his place to the exciting Zappacosta this weekend, and perhaps for much of the rest of the season.
The 25-year-old looks a real talent and one who could do real damage to Arsenal with his pace, energy and quality going forward on that right-hand side.

Of course, Arsenal are an entirely different calibre of opposition, but Conte hinted he would continue with the Italian after being thoroughly impressed by his performance in midweek.
‘I’m really pleased with his performance,’ Conte said. ‘Now we have to continue to play with him and the other players. He played a really good game. Now he has to continue to work to improve, but for sure, Davide knew very well my style and idea of football. For this reason I decided to start with him. He was prepared to play, and played very well.’ [Metro]

Moses would start against Arsenal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:28pm On Sep 15, 2017
soetanoreoluwa:

Whether they get relegated or not I know Mikel will leave soon. Reason for Chinese Is just to get playing time and I don't think he want lowly rated clubs in Europe majorly cos of his wages... Now that is getting fit... He Might leave January... Ligue 1 might suit him
possibly after a glorious outing at the world cup......next year.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 7:33pm On Sep 15, 2017
Do you Wana bet on that. He'd play but he WILL NOT start. Zapacosta is a thoroughly good player. He defends better but on the attacking front, they're almost same. Hence he'd get the nod ahead of Moses. I just pray Zapacosta loses form along the way. This is the first real competition Moses has had and he doesn't respond very good to competitions ranging from Liverpool to WestHam.

junnyjake:

Moses would start against Arsenal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:41pm On Sep 15, 2017
A relatively unknown 16 year old Nigerian "Chikwubuike Adamu" made the bench for Austrian club FC Liefering today.

Source: @Supereaglescomp

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:47pm On Sep 15, 2017
Benin might cause the second upset of the day. Up 1-0 against Ivory Coast.

BTW they have a 16 yr old named Gomes who is one to watch for the future.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 8:02pm On Sep 15, 2017
Dedebanky85:
Do you Wana bet on that. He'd play but he WILL NOT start. Zapacosta is a thoroughly good player. He defends better but on the attacking front, they're almost same. Hence he'd get the nod ahead of Moses. I just pray Zapacosta loses form along the way. This is the first real competition Moses has had and he doesn't respond very good to competitions ranging from Liverpool to WestHam.

Any how... Moses will Stil have alot of games to play... It's good for Chelsea and Moses... They have alots of matches this season and we know Moses with injuries... Better back up...

Last last... New club by next January transfer... Just hope and pray he stays injury free and we also qualify for world cup... Better tournament to sell yourself?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:03pm On Sep 15, 2017
16 year old, Chikwubuike Adamu plays in the midfield for FC Red Bull Salzburg, scored 21 goals in 22 games in the under 16.. On loan to Austria club

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:08pm On Sep 15, 2017
A good Golden Eaglets prospect

Modified
Well he'd be 18 by then

tbaba1234:
A relatively unknown 16 year old Nigerian "Chikwubuike Adamu" made the bench for Austrian club FC Liefering today.

Source: @Supereaglescomp
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:23pm On Sep 15, 2017
Iwobi can't play as a CM. Infact he was almost released from the Arsenal academy playing as a CM. Don't think he played well yesterday tbh. He needs to pick up or Reiss Nelson will replace him...you know how much the English media love their players. I remember when Ian Wright was angry that Iwobi was benching Ox.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:26pm On Sep 15, 2017
tbaba1234:
16 year old, Chikwubuike Adamu plays in the midfield for FC Red Bull Salzburg, scored 21 goals in 22 games in the under 16.. On loan to Austria club

what kind of name is Chikwubike Adamu though? undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:28pm On Sep 15, 2017
safarigirl:

A Nigerian name?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:29pm On Sep 15, 2017
Wetin do the name? Why you go question the name?
safarigirl:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:34pm On Sep 15, 2017
Joebie:
Wetin do the name? Why you go question the name?
First, Chikwubike is either wrongly spelt, or my knowledge of Igbo is pretty limited

Second, Adamu usually doesn't follow names like that....maybe Ishaya or Gambo, yes, but Adamu? Odd undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 8:34pm On Sep 15, 2017
can there be any other XI greater than this,Ronaldo's XI dream team

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:40pm On Sep 15, 2017
grin
Mikel was wrongly spelled.. so?
My last name is spelled in other ways by some of my relatives. My mother's maiden name also spelled differently by some of her relatives.. I can go on.
And why can't the boy also be Hausa?

safarigirl:
First, Chikwubike is either wrongly spelt, or my knowledge of Igbo is pretty limited

Second, Adamu usually doesn't follow names like that....maybe Ishaya or Gambo, yes, but Adamu? Odd undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 8:41pm On Sep 15, 2017
femianski:
#copied
saw this on a Chelsea facebook page
Despite being such a key performer in Chelsea’s title-winning side last season, it would be little surprise if Moses were to lose his place to the exciting Zappacosta this weekend, and perhaps for much of the rest of the season.
The 25-year-old looks a real talent and one who could do real damage to Arsenal with his pace, energy and quality going forward on that right-hand side.

Of course, Arsenal are an entirely different calibre of opposition, but Conte hinted he would continue with the Italian after being thoroughly impressed by his performance in midweek.
‘I’m really pleased with his performance,’ Conte said. ‘Now we have to continue to play with him and the other players. He played a really good game. Now he has to continue to work to improve, but for sure, Davide knew very well my style and idea of football. For this reason I decided to start with him. He was prepared to play, and played very well.’ [Metro]

time will tell
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:43pm On Sep 15, 2017
Joebie:
grin
Mikel was wrongly spelled.. so?
My last name is spelled in other ways by some of my relatives. My mother's maiden name also spelled differently by some of her relatives.. I can go on.
And why can't the boy also be Hausa?

is Adamu Hausa or Muslim? Cause Gambo is Hausa, but not Muslim.

Why will they wrongly spell a native name? Is the boy a diaspora baby or born and bred in Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:45pm On Sep 15, 2017
I just said wrongly. But I gave you examples of names that were spelled differently by relatives.

Consider this name, Alexis Olympia Ohanan Jr. -- Serena's daughter.
Strange but true.
My sister, a name is just a name. Call people what they want to be called. And spell it the way they spell it.

Modified
Actually I said differently, not wrongly.

safarigirl:
is Adamu Hausa or Muslim? Cause Gambo is Hausa, but not Muslim.

Why will they wrongly spell a native name? Is the boy a diaspora baby or born and bred in Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:50pm On Sep 15, 2017
Joebie:
I just said wrongly. But I gave you examples of names that were spelled differently by relatives.

Consider this name, Alexis Olympia Ohanan Jr. -- Serena's daughter.
Strange but true.
My sister, a name is just a name. Call people what they want to be called. And spell it the way they spell it.

Modified
Actually I said differently, not wrongly.

a name spelt wrongly could alter the meaning. A name is not just a name o... If I'm looking for Joebie on Facebook now and I spell it Joebie or Jobie, will I find you?

What is odd in Serena's daughter's name though?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:50pm On Sep 15, 2017
Same Benin Republic, few minutes away from victory
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:56pm On Sep 15, 2017
na u talk say if u wan find me.. But many people the world over do not name their children with that reason in mind.

Modified.
And I mean people change spelling of names for convenience and for many other reasons. I remember telling my aunt I would shorten my lastname for my kids. And she said in future people won't be able to trace their lineage.. huh??

safarigirl:
a name spelt wrongly could alter the meaning. A name is not just a name o... If I'm looking for Joebie on Facebook now and I spell it Joebie or Jobie, will I find you?

What is odd in Serena's daughter's name though?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2017
safarigirl:

There is a good chance that he has parents from different tribes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:06pm On Sep 15, 2017
Today is a WAFU cup day of upset. Benin defeats Ivory Coast 1-0
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 9:11pm On Sep 15, 2017
BascoVanVeli:
Today is a WAFU cup day of upset. Benin defeats Ivory Coast 1-0

Good.. Welcome development... Thanks to WAFU
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 9:15pm On Sep 15, 2017
Off topic

Semi final match...

Nigeria currently leading Senegal 24 - 20... Game stopped stopped a Senegalese player broke a glass on a dunk...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2017
Nigeria playing Senegal FIFA now
2Nnd Qtr: Ngr 24: Sen 22....Senagales guy just smashed the rim apart...game halted for now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:31pm On Sep 15, 2017
Bournemouth 2-1 Brighton

Ibe comes from the bench, and helps Bournemouth with an assist after 2 minutes.
Ibe gets another assist in the 74th. its 75 mins played

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1509) (1510) (1511) (1512) (1513) (1514) (1515) ... (16144) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: CaptainStephen(m), KanielOutis92, Stillwater10, twentyk(m), ThanosKilla(m), semid4lyfe(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.