Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,081 members, 7,835,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11780864 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16135) (16136) (16137) (16138) (16139) (16140) (16141) ... (16193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:11pm On Apr 30
TheGoodJoe:

They should leave tales by moonlight and work on the road map to qualify for the World Cup. Leave all these politics and stories. If one thing I know about politicians is lies and deceits.
and I knw say u don soak ur chaplet for water they pay mk them no qualify so u go get something to argue abt for 6 months nonstop 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:11pm On Apr 30
The point still stands that Finidi was lucky thanks to the Abridged format. His side clearly were not the better team in NPFL 2023. They were barely 3rd and escaped into the Super 8.

Also, the NPFL is like a rise and fall league. A team that was struggling last season could come next season and be the form team. Rangers of 2024 NPFL is a perfect example. They struggled all through 2023 NPFL. Ocean Boys back in 2008 won the league out of nowhere.

Also, Enyimba sit second now because Remo Stars still has a game in hand.

Fidelis Illechukwu who has been ignored by the NFF for any of our NTs is again showing his tactical acumen and is up there with the best from the local scene. Finidi is no better tactician than Fidelis.

Finally, whatever Enyimba's recent success is today is down to 3 other men (Okwandu, Harcourt and Ukaegbu) doing much of the work even in Finidi's occasional absences when on NT duties.

Oasis007:

.........fatigue?! LOL! Madrid are in Semi of UCL and they are still topping La Liga. Fatigue won't fly here bro. Rivers were knocked out in the quarter final of CAF CC. Bendel Insurance?! Did they even make it pass 2nd Preliminary Round of CAF CC?!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:12pm On Apr 30
Oasis007:

grin

......we dey too quick forget. This was how Oliseh is hyped as African Pep on this same board. It ends in tears. LOL!
no be lie🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:14pm On Apr 30
The man behind Finidi's appointment was the same one who hyped Oliseh as African Pep. You are the one quick to forget. 🤣🤣

Oasis007:

grin

......we dey too quick forget. This was how Oliseh is hyped as African Pep on this same board. It ends in tears. LOL!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 6:17pm On Apr 30
Emmy na werey! loll! Jagaban of the Sport Ministry. Na Obidient win this time. Ironically the real Obidients want Jagaban this time except Komekn! lol
charlesemeka85:
In short Amuneke na “oge m eruo la” the igbo translation of “Emilokan” 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:18pm On Apr 30
Two things costed amuneke d job from what I learnt during space conversation

1) forceful pr(wc amunike was unaware; ppu really wanted amunike to take over but unfortunately,d same ppu ousted him out of d job ..I would liken amunike fans like d obidients (Dey can be very toxic at times).during d space ,Collin said top nff officials became scared dt person wey we neva give d job don Dey pressure us,what if he finally lands d job,what will happen

2) continuity and time frame of d next crucial World Cup qualifier

No coach,whether foreign or local or even the best world classs coach will be able to impact his football knowledge on how he wants his team to play within 3 -4(max) training sessions b4 d SA GAME.coupled with the precarious situation we re,

Hence d gamble on finidi to continue as d head coach since he has been with the team for over twenty months now.we can’t deny d fact dt he knows the team more Dan any of d candidates who applied (dts obvious anyway).

Not dt finidi is better Dan amuneke or oda candidates who applied

My verdict..

We av no choice now Dan to support finidi to succeed as the head coach.it will b disastrous to miss the World Cup back to back .

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:20pm On Apr 30
charlesemeka85:
and I knw say u don soak ur chaplet for water they pay mk them no qualify so u go get something to argue abt for 6 months nonstop 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

God forbid.

Finidi is a Coach Monday Sinclair boy. I can never pray for a former Sharks FC player to fail. Sharks FC ruled Port Harcourt in the past.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 6:25pm On Apr 30
Omo. E pain these takaka mofos say Amunike nor get the job. 😂😂😂

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:29pm On Apr 30
Joezinho:

Me wey no kan get d job nko😏😏😏

Meanwhile what’s ur take on finidi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 6:37pm On Apr 30
Which position did Lookman play during the just concluded AFCON.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 6:41pm On Apr 30
Dude you crack me up grin

I've been disposed to Finidi being the SE's coach but I won't lie the Mali friendly sowed seeds of doubt in my mind if he was up to the task. Hopefully the NFF will back him up with competent back room because no doubt he has a talented group of players to succeed.

Amuneke I feel still needs to prove himself in another coaching role. If he stays the course he will get his chance with the SE one that day.

Oasis007:

grin

Like wetin. They said Finidi doesn't get UEFA Pro, we dropped Link, they said na Lie. Where is the Link that proved Amuneke gets Pro and Masters?!

They said Amuneke is drenched in the pool of tiki-taka, same as Finidi cos he was made in Ajax. As a player, Finidi is far more successful than Amuneke. He is a UCL Winner and also won other Trophies that Amuneke didn't even smell as a Player.

As a youth Coach, he managed a spanish U19 Club [not even U17] for 5 years. Guess what?! Spain is home of tiki-taka. As a Men Coach he has won a League, as in a League for God's sake!

He is technically a foreigner too, coz he is also a spanish. LOL!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 6:50pm On Apr 30
elyte89:

Me wey no kan get d job nko😏😏😏

Meanwhile what’s ur take on finidi?

I pray he succeeds. Some of us wants the best for Nigeria football.. But he should never try the rubbish he did during the friendly games.
Kept Lookman, our best player on the bench for the two friendlies. Was loosing and brought him 15min to the end of game. No Tella, Yusuf ,Dele. These guys were having good season..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 6:52pm On Apr 30
Bruv no need for the harsh words. Yes we can disagree but let's keep it at light banter.

Joezinho:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 6:53pm On Apr 30
Not properly utilizing his bench especially for the second game was annoying hopefully he learns.

Joezinho:

I pray he succeeds. Some of us wants the best for Nigeria football.. But he should never try the rubbish he did during the friendly games.
Kept Lookman, our best player on the bench for the two friendlies. Was loosing and brought him 15min to the end of game. No Tella, Yusuf ,Dele. These guys were having good season..

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:55pm On Apr 30
chrisooblog:
Bruv no need for the harsh words. Yes we can disagree but let's keep it at light banter.

I don Dey notice u since ..e b like say u ko even like amuneke at all 😂😂🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂,u just Dey hide

Even if na me and amuneke remain…I am sure u will choose me (😆elyte ball😀😀😀)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:10pm On Apr 30
Marjoribanks:
Emmy na werey! loll! Jagaban of the Sport Ministry. Na Obidient win this time. Ironically the real Obidients want Jagaban this time except Komekn! lol
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:11pm On Apr 30
Joezinho:

sifia pain ooo 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 7:15pm On Apr 30
chrisooblog:

Alright baba.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 7:16pm On Apr 30
charlesemeka85:
sifia pain ooo 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

😂😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:16pm On Apr 30
I have never hidden the fact that I no too rate Amuneke but I be learner when it comes to Charlesemeka's 'love' for Emma grin wink

elyte89:

I don Dey notice u since ..e b like say u ko even like amuneke at all 😂😂🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂,u just Dey hide

Even if na me and amuneke remain…I am sure u will choose me (😆elyte ball😀😀😀)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by etebefia: 7:37pm On Apr 30
Fredrick

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 7:38pm On Apr 30
TheSuperNerd:
Finidi was literally on the verge of being sacked by same Enyimba at one point. He won the league last season thanks to the abridged version and the help of Ukaegbu and others who prepped the team even when Finidi was away on NT duty.

Enyimba finished 3rd in Group A of the regular season behind Remo Stars and bendel insurance who were much better in the league compared to Enyimba.
The abridged version just played out in Enyimba's favour.
Infact, had Akwa Utd (tied with Finidi's Enyimba on 32 pts) had a better Goals difference, it would have been something different.

Truth is we are giving all the credits to Finidi to boost him up but the main minds behind Enyimba's plays and training are Emeka Okwandu, Ifeanyi Harcourt and Lawrence Ukaegbu.

Finidi is coaching the most prestigious and richest club in Nigeria with several of the best players in the league while being away on NT duty when it calls. It's a piece of cake. A better coach will be topping the league with Enyimba and wrapping up the league. Not playing second fiddle to Fidelis Illechukwu (a guy I consider a better tactician than Finidi anyway).

Completely agree
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 8:10pm On Apr 30
etebefia:
Fredrick
We have good and young players. Coach finidi hmmm.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:13pm On Apr 30
etebefia:
Fredrick

This boy is definitely gonna cook either for Brentford's first team or somewhere out on loan.

Whoever gave Daniel Daga his date of birth really did him dirty.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:26pm On Apr 30
etebefia:
Fredrick
Talent no Dey hide.I saw this guy Benjamin Frederick in Ilorin playing for ABS during my vacation in 2022 and was like wow what a player.Good that he is getting contract in EPL

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:27pm On Apr 30
TheGoodJoe:

What do you mean by outdated. It shows that by 2013, Amunike already had a UEFA Pro license. Finidi does not have it. Amunike even has a Masters UEFA coaching license. Let us leave that side. If it is based on qualifications, Amunike is ahead.

Finito.

That's what am saying, he had gotten his licence since 2013, so reporting it now in 2024 is outdated, koko is he had it already

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:29pm On Apr 30
lbrichman2:

Completely agree
I disagree.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:30pm On Apr 30
Kog45:
Talent no Dey hide.I saw this guy Benjamin Frederick in Ilorin playing for ABS during my vacation in 2022 and was like wow what a player.Good that he is getting contract in EPL

Him and Bassey will hold down our defense for years.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:43pm On Apr 30
ChrisKels:

Him and Bassey will hold down our defense for years.

Bro who u even support to coach us sef…me Amunike finidi or foreign coach 😀😀
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:44pm On Apr 30
etebefia:
Fredrick

Isn't that Moses Simon's academy?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 8:46pm On Apr 30
elyte89:

1) forceful pr(wc amunike was unaware; ppu really wanted amunike to take over but unfortunately,d same ppu ousted him out of d job ..I would liken amunike fans like d obidients (Dey can be very toxic at times).during d space ,Collin said top nff officials became scared dt person wey we neva give d job don Dey pressure us,what if he finally lands d job,what will happen

No coach,whether foreign or local or even the best world classs coach will be able to impact his football knowledge on how he wants his team to play within 3 -4(max) training sessions b4 d SA GAME.coupled with the precarious situation we re,

Hence d gamble on finidi to continue as d head coach since he has been with the team for over twenty months now.we can’t deny d fact dt he knows the team more Dan any of d candidates who applied (dts obvious anyway).

My verdict..

We av no choice now Dan to support finidi to succeed as the head coach.it will b disastrous to miss the World Cup back to back .
amunike was in the know about all the shenanigans concerning him during this saga. From the protest to the last threat. All those he is not aware na confirm lamba.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 8:52pm On Apr 30
elyte89:

My verdict..

If coach elyte "the katikati ball master" can say the bolded then we just have to support George

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (16135) (16136) (16137) (16138) (16139) (16140) (16141) ... (16193) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lukasa, Napoleon55(m), ChrisKels and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.