Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,259 members, 7,836,187 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11784619 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16137) (16138) (16139) (16140) (16141) (16142) (16143) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:54am On May 01
comodo:

We know that we have this problem. But try to mention one name as a stop gap. They will come for ur head immediately. Some will even finish a sheet with thesis Just to prove that the player is not good without providing an alternative.

komekn even recommended a natural winger as a solution to our midfield problems. That day laugh was choking me.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:59am On May 01
comodo:

Hope u will not shout corruption when the names start rolling out. And Musa name show. Anyways whatever be the case. Finidi need to win the confidence of his Captain. ASAP. His captain can help him in the dressing room when push comes to shove.
As an NPFL coach, Finidi might feel the need to invite players from the league.. possibly, he might be pressured to... I wonder what Komekn will say about that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:00am On May 01
humility33:

Komekn na case
He nor even know the dude just because he is not a Brit he quickly pass judgement

While he accuses others of eating bitter leaf soup (which by the way is an absolute delight), he drinks raw undiluted bitter leaf juice when it comes to issues about Nigerian born players.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joelsteron: 9:19am On May 01
komekn:

Some thing's are blatantly obvious 🤔 but somehow many cannot see 👀 it .

We desperately need to get it right at the middle. Football is played in the Midfield especially when everywhere on the field are blocked and covered.
Watch Madrid first goal that's a proper central middle man.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joelsteron: 9:24am On May 01
comodo:

We know that we have this problem. But try to mention one name as a stop gap. They will come for ur head immediately. Some will even finish a sheet with thesis Just to prove that the player is not good without providing an alternative.

It's sad and unfortunate but we must face the truth.

I hope Finidi gets it right by inviting natural central Midfielders and attacking midfielders.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:47am On May 01
Danielnino00:

While he accuses others of eating bitter leaf soup (which by the way is an absolute delight), he drinks raw undiluted bitter leaf juice when it comes to issues about Nigerian born players.
Don't mind him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:00am On May 01
Danielnino00:

🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Cecco90: 10:46am On May 01
The only sin of Finidi George is accepting to come down to Nigeria and coach Enyimba, and also winning the NPFL title. When we all know one of the most difficult jobs in Africa is coaching and accepting NPFL jobs.

Finidi should have stayed back in Europe and continued working with the Youth teams/players. Then from Europe, he will package himself as the best thing after bread and butter and hustle for National team jobs through his friends in the NFF and Ministry of Sports.

When a coach gets to the highest level of the NPFL, coaching the most successful club in the NPFL, winning the League title in his second season, still in the contest to retain the League title in his third season, worked with a head coach of the Super Eagles for 20+ months, are we saying such human doesn't deserve a chance to coach the Super Eagles?

Is it because he is coaching in the NPFL and he refused to wait in Europe for the National team's jobs? The same attitude anytime we mention quality players in the NPFL and when these talents get the breakthrough to Europe/Abroad, the media and fans will be all over them.

To grow the NPFL/Nigerian Football ecosystem (via coaching and talent discovery), we need more of Finidi to take the job in the NPFL and all levels of our League Football. What is the essence of your playing career and coaching certification when hundreds of people queue for a National team job with limited spots?

Tell your favourite to get back to coaching. Super Eagles' job is just one, there are hundreds of jobs out there.

- from Adepoju Tobi Samuel
Sports Journalist

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 10:58am On May 01
Cecco90:
The only sin of Finidi George is accepting to come down to Nigeria and coach Enyimba, and also winning the NPFL title. When we all know one of the most difficult jobs in Africa is coaching and accepting NPFL jobs.

Finidi should have stayed back in Europe and continued working with the Youth teams/players. Then from Europe, he will package himself as the best thing after bread and butter and hustle for National team jobs through his friends in the NFF and Ministry of Sports.

When a coach gets to the highest level of the NPFL, coaching the most successful club in the NPFL, winning the League title in his second season, still in the contest to retain the League title in his third season, worked with a head coach of the Super Eagles for 20+ months, are we saying such human doesn't deserve a chance to coach the Super Eagles?

Is it because he is coaching in the NPFL and he refused to wait in Europe for the National team's jobs? The same attitude anytime we mention quality players in the NPFL and when these talents get the breakthrough to Europe/Abroad, the media and fans will be all over them.

To grow the NPFL/Nigerian Football ecosystem (via coaching and talent discovery), we need more of Finidi to take the job in the NPFL and all levels of our League Football. What is the essence of your playing career and coaching certification when hundreds of people queue for a National team job with limited spots?

Tell your favourite to get back to coaching. Super Eagles' job is just one, there are hundreds of jobs out there.

- from Adepoju Tobi Samuel
Sports Journalist

God bless the Writer and you that shared it.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 11:01am On May 01
Danielnino00:

As an NPFL coach, Finidi might feel the need to invite players from the league.. possibly, he might be pressured to... I wonder what Komekn will say about that

....and is anything wrong with inviting best talent in the league?! Today we are comfortable with Nwabali in goal than Uzoho.

Local players played vital role last time we won AFCON. Defence and Midfield were made ticking by so called local players.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 11:16am On May 01
Finidi George is right man for the Job and he is gonna succeed. JPes was written before last AFCON began on this board, yet he guided the team to final but lost to a host nation.

Finidi is being written off by some on this board, but I see positivity cos it means he is gonna be successful.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:19am On May 01
komekn:

He has a lot of hurdles to overcome at U18 & U20 levels before he can get into Brentford first team.

Comparison to Bassey is premature in the extreme.

You really are such a clownish dimwit. Where in my post did you read comparison with Bassey?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:19am On May 01
Oasis007:
Finidi George is right man for the Job and he is gonna succeed. JPes was written before last AFCON began on this board, yet he guided the team to final but lost to a host nation.

Finidi is being written off by some on this board, but I see positivity cos it means he is gonna be successful.

He is a fan of Nwakali
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:08pm On May 01
Like Osayi Like Nwabali…..Nwabali wan kill Supersports player in PSL match.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:13pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

You don't even know much about this. You didn't even know coaches write theses and even told us it was a multiple choice exam program. So stop making yourself a guru. You don't know Amunike and Finidi George personally to tell us who is corrupt or not. You are just talking with your full chest about something you have no idea about.
Amuneke Dey collect developmental fees nau but Finidi I don’t know how far but trust Nigerians they would have unearthed him if he had any illegal dealings.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:17pm On May 01
Kog45:
Amuneke Dey collect developmental fees nau but Finidi I don’t know how far but trust Nigerians they would have unearthed him if he had any illegal dealings.

Finidi has not handled any national team job b4 now,so for now,he’s clean. He’s starting on a clean slate

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:27pm On May 01
Kog45:

The development fees was not illegal. If that is what you want to hold, then is mediocre.

Amunike worked training local coaches without collecting money when he could have easily done that. Does that sound like a corrupt person. Finidi has no coaching experience outside the EPL for you people to expect to dig corruption. Is it from npfl transfers? Think of a better blackmail.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:28pm On May 01
elyte89:

Finidi has not handled any national team job b4 now,so for now,he’s clean. He’s starting on a clean slate

Well I don't think getting a the Super Eagles job without any national team experience or a Uefa Pro license will count as starting on a clean slate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:31pm On May 01
Kog45:
Like Osayi Like Nwabali…..Nwabali wan kill Supersports player in PSL match.
The frames should be from the 3rd to the first.

The two videos I watched of the incident has the Dzvukamanja guy on the floor like in the last frame probably because Nwabali came out of his goal area for a clearance and clattered him. The guy begins gragra to push Nwabali and from there refs and players come to separate the guy with even the commentator chiding the Sakamaje guy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:32pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

Well I don't think getting a the Super Eagles job without any national team experience or a Uefa Pro license will count as starting on a clean slate.
So your butthurt didn't let you grasp the context of "a clean slate"

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:35pm On May 01
As in! Look at Benjamin Fredrick for instance straight from NPFL/academy to EPL club. If our resident brit expat 'scout' would have commented about how youth football is not bla blaa.. or I know a boy in Peterborough who's father's uncle's sister's boyfriend's brother is his coach.

Danielnino00:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:37pm On May 01
Odunayaw:

Not clean slate I think the term you mean is fresh beginning because there is no slate to clean. More like fresh slate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 1:40pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

So it will count as what 😏😏😒
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:40pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

Not clean slate I think the term you mean is fresh beginning because there is no slate to clean. More like fresh slate.
Abi na me no understand

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:40pm On May 01
Odunayaw:

It is not by being abusive.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:42pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

It is not by being abusive.
I have posted Mariam-Webster

Context becomes alien to you when you become possessed with the argumentive spirit
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:42pm On May 01
elyte89:

So it will count as what 😏😏😒

It counts as not something I would be proud of. I call that an unmerited favor.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:42pm On May 01
As an NPFL coach he might feel obliged to give his constituents (local players) a chance.

Danielnino00:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:43pm On May 01
Odunayaw:
I have posted Mariam-Webster

Context becomes alien to you when you become possessed with the argumentive spirit

Go an read what I posted and understand where the term comes from. SLATE. CLEAN SLATE. It is very logical and explained. You can argue or learn. Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 1:44pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

The development fees was not illegal. If that is what you want to hold, then is mediocre.

Amunike worked training local coaches without collecting money when he could have easily done that. Does that sound like a corrupt person. Finidi has no coaching experience outside the EPL for you people to expect to dig corruption. Is it from npfl transfers? Think of a better blackmail.

Where’ d proof showing amunike did dt for free?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:45pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

Go an read what I posted and understand where the term comes from. SLATE. CLEAN SLATE. It is very logical and explained. You can argue or learn. Finito.
Take your own advice. It is for your own good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:45pm On May 01
elyte89:

Where’ d proof showing amunike did dt for free?

Browse and confirm. Even the Imo State government thanked him for doing it for free in a public release.

I have told you Amunike did it for free. It is you to bring evidence to counter it or learn and move on.

Finito.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16137) (16138) (16139) (16140) (16141) (16142) (16143) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Meliforme, Iview1, zicky(m), Ikanium(m), DrYa and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.