Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,664 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11780990 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16136) (16137) (16138) (16139) (16140) (16141) (16142) ... (16193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:54pm On Apr 30
It surely is.

BascoVanVeli:

Isn't that Moses Simon's academy?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:04pm On Apr 30
elyte89:

Bro who u even support to coach us sef…me Amunike finidi or foreign coach 😀😀

LoL I don't want a local coach. I was thinking they would appoint that Dutch coach that Owngoal once speculated about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:19pm On Apr 30
BascoVanVeli:

Isn't that Moses Simon's academy?
Yes he had his academy career with Simon academy managing by his wife Ibukun.Frederick played for ABS and Nasarawa United as a loan player before moving to Brentford.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by robosky02(m): 9:33pm On Apr 30
komekn:

Amunike is part of the problem, he lived it and became it he is CORRUPT and there must be for a new Nigeria zero tolerance of corruption.

He grew up with corruption and all the unethical practices, godfatherism, favouritism, personal interest over national interest.

Finidi is not hungry for 🤑🤑🤑but hungry yo make a name for excellence.

Finidi George remains to me an amazing player

But as a coach he hasn't started well
Just the 2 friendly games we've started hearing "Finidi George doesn't like me"

Imagine in the game we lost to Mali, we had tested strikers yet he never used them

Lookman was on the bench that day, a player that lifted Nigeria when Osimhen wasn't.
Yet never saw a game time.
No injuries,

And we allowed Mali trashed us 2-0

I hope man- management will not spoil the party

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:36pm On Apr 30
do4luv14:

That's what am saying, he had gotten his licence since 2013, so reporting it now in 2024 is outdated, koko is he had it already

Okay. I understand you now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 9:38pm On Apr 30
ChrisKels:

LoL I don't want a local coach. I was thinking they would appoint that Dutch coach that Owngoal once speculated about.
NFF couldn't afford him. Finidi is the cheaper option. We pray they don't sabotage the nation to get what they want. Those people in the glass house sabi throw stones oh. Instances litter everywhere.
2006 wcq in Kano. Ngr vs Angola. 2pm kick off.
Afcon qualifier. Ngr vs Guinea.
Afcon qualifier. Ngr vs Egypt in Kano under hot afternoon sun.
U20 ngr vs Sudan inside potato farm. After they have won Sudan away. Finidi should pray that his career will not be sacrificed.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:40pm On Apr 30
Who's behind this UI abeg? undecided undecided undecided
Chai. My eyes

Website with database dey so?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:05pm On Apr 30
Golden Eaglets Camp Update

Nigeria U17s 3-1 RFO Football Academy

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 11:20pm On Apr 30
charlesemeka85:
na the same analysis wey dem wan use force Amuneke down our throat here few weeks ago. Barca trained and Ajax trained 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

What is good for the goose is good for the gander 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

For you everything na banter, fans with love for SE are debating the local coach that best suit the eagles but you see everything as pdp and apc 😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joelsteron: 11:24pm On Apr 30
I wan to understand something in super eagles midfield.

I know Wilfred Ndidi is a defensive midfielder
Frank Onyeka also is a defensive midfielder
Raphael Onyedika a defensive midfielder
Yusuf Alhassan a defensive midfielder
Alexander Iwobi is attacking midfielder

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If not, then we lacking and we need proper Central Midfielders and attacking midfielders in Super eagles.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:50pm On Apr 30
humility33:

Egbon that guy nor be am. We played wackagainst Mali even Pasiero loosing 4 nil against Portugal was better than that match

He doesn't know how to make sub. He doesn't read games. Didn't you see how he manage Enyimba at continental competition.

None of the members of the 94 set deserve coach the super eagles for now.

I hope you know he played that game with no assistant only a GK coach, basing your conclusion on a friendly game is very wrong

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:12am On May 01
TheGoodJoe:
Amuneke best to handle Super Eagles, give him the job

My name is Adewale Ajayi, i am a licenced football intermediary, a match commissioner with repute, a respected football commentator and analyst, a former media officer of the Nigerian Under 20 national football team and above all, a major Stakeholder.

For 15 good years before I left Nigeria for greener pastures abroad, I have done businesses with Nigeria coaches. I have worked with many from close quarters, I have seen their pre match notes, I have sat down with many to discuss the beautiful game, I have seen them prepare their teams for matches, i have seen their training routines and I have come to the conclusion that, there are not too many sound and intelligent Nigerian coaches around.

However, in 2015, former NFF president Amaju Pinnick appointed me as the media officer of the Under 20 National team of Nigeria. That was the team that had the likes of Victor Osimhen, Samuel Chukwueze, Kelechi Nwankali, Orji Okonkwo, Kingsley Michael and a few more stars who have moved on to write their names in gold.

The head coach of that team, was Emmanuel Amunike. We traveled to North, South, East and Western part of Africa for friendlies and qualifiers and we won over 60 matches on the road. We trashed Burundi in Bujumbara and humbled Sudan in Omdurman. The team played with the confidence of Real Madrid and flourished with the brilliance of Barcelona they dazzled with the fluency of Arsenal and never showed any of Chelsea’s weaknesses.

The stars in this team shone on every match day, the unity in camp was superb. The training routine was second to none, the determination to win was top notch.

On match days, we travel to match venues not afraid of the outcome, all we thought about is how many goals we will score on the day. That team was just too good. Unfortunately, we didn’t qualify for the World Cup due to the nonchalant attitude of the then NFF towards our preparation.

The boys knew that the game against Sudan was their final qualifying match to the world cup and got scared that if they beat Sudan, the team will be decamped and their backlog of allowances will not be paid, so they went on a three day strike few days to the return leg of their home tie with the North Africans whom they have already defeated 2-1 in Omdurman

That was the straw that break the camel’s back, as Nigeria lost 3-2 to Sudan in Lagos to kiss the World Cup goodbye. I wept on the day because I was sad that the world didn’t have an opportunity to see the best Under 20 national team ever assembled by Nigeria. A team comprising of young and enterprising players who one year ago, won the FIFA Under 17 World Cup in Chile.

What left me more devastated is the fact that one of Africa’s finest football coaches, Emmanuel Amunike didn’t have the opportunity to showcase his talents and his wards to the world audience. However I am happy to know that few years later, he went to Tanzania and qualified the Taifa stars to their first African Cup of Nations after over 30years.

It is public Knowledge that as one of the applicants for the Advertised Super Eagles job Emmanuel Amuneke, a Nigerian, possesses High Coaching Credentials including the Mandatory CAF A License and the prestigious UEFA Masters Degree Coaching Certificate; UEFA Pro License; UEFA A, B and C Licenses. Among the Front-runners, he is the only one who has qualified an African country for AFCON as he qualified the East African country Tanzania for AFCON after 30 years in the wilderness.

It is also on Record too, that Amuneke has developed the bulk of the present Super Eagles top players including the Reigning African Best Player of the Year, Victor Osimhen; AC Milan winger Samuel Chukwueze and Kelechi Nwakali whom he coached to win for Nigeria and Africa, the FIFA U-17 World Cup trophy twice as Assistant and Head Coach of the Golden Eaglets.

Above all, he has been FIFA and CAF Technical Study Group (TSG) Member in recent time. Both institutions don’t give novices such responsibility.

So who is still saying that our indigenous coaches cannot lead the Super Eagles?

Who is better to get the Best out of Victor Osimhen and Samuel Chukwueze in the present Super Eagles than the Man who “moulded” them to become the Stars of today?

Who can command Nigeria and Africa’s Poster Boy-Victor Osimhen’s Respect in the Super Eagles of today than the Coach he Decorated with his CAF Best Player of the Year Award and called him “My Mentor”?

I don’t have anything against Finidi, I am only saying that the only local coach we can trust to take us to Eldorado is Emmanuel Amunike, if not, let’s go and get a foreign coach. I rest my case.

Give Amuneke the job and hold me responsible if he he fails. If you must do that, do it now!

We don’t have much time to plan.

https://blueprint.ng/amuneke-best-to-handle-super-eagles-give-him-the-job/

cc: TheSuperNerd, robosky02
*skip ad

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 12:32am On May 01
TheSuperNerd:
Golden Eaglets Camp Update

Nigeria U17s 3-1 RFO Football Academy
Well done but they should play beyond limit guys let's see how well they've been grounded
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 12:35am On May 01
Benjamin reminds me of the unique talented 'Onyekachi Akpam'.
I hope Benjamin stays injury-free and accomplishes all that Akpam couldn't due to injuries. I vividly recall shedding tears when Hugo Lloris praised Akpam as the best defender he ever played with.

"It's heartbreaking to think about how injuries can alter the course of a player's career. Akpam's potential was immense, and it's tragic to imagine what could have been if he had stayed healthy." Hugo Lloris! Life can be so unpredictable.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:37am On May 01
TheSuperNerd:
Finidi was literally on the verge of being sacked by same Enyimba at one point. He won the league last season thanks to the abridged version and the help of Ukaegbu and others who prepped the team even when Finidi was away on NT duty.

Enyimba finished 3rd in Group A of the regular season behind Remo Stars and bendel insurance who were much better in the league compared to Enyimba.
The abridged version just played out in Enyimba's favour.
Infact, had Akwa Utd (tied with Finidi's Enyimba on 32 pts) had a better Goals difference, it would have been something different.

Truth is we are giving all the credits to Finidi to boost him up but the main minds behind Enyimba's plays and training are Emeka Okwandu, Ifeanyi Harcourt and Lawrence Ukaegbu.

Finidi is coaching the most prestigious and richest club in Nigeria with several of the best players in the league while being away on NT duty when it calls. It's a piece of cake. A better coach will be topping the league with Enyimba and wrapping up the league. Not playing second fiddle to Fidelis Illechukwu (a guy I consider a better tactician than Finidi anyway).

trying to downplay Finidi’s achievement? I can easily do same with Amunike

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:24am On May 01
robosky02:

Finidi George remains to me an amazing player

But as a coach he hasn't started well
Just the 2 friendly games we've started hearing "Finidi George doesn't like me"

Imagine in the game we lost to Mali, we had tested strikers yet he never used them

Lookman was on the bench that day, a player that lifted Nigeria when Osimhen wasn't.
Yet never saw a game time.
No injuries,

And we allowed Mali trashed us 2-0

I hope man- management will not spoil the party

NFF is corruption ridden and anchored ⚓ on favouritism, nepotism, godfatherism, alliances & clicks, etc, etc.

Do you really think 💭 that Finidi had complete control to make choices and decide who should play it not 🚫. Particularly coming in as an interim coach, in order to not upset the status quo ,he will have to play along.

Now that he is officially made the National coach he will have to be brave, courageous, and completely upset 😭 the apple cart 🛒.

He must impose the highest standards of probity and quality it cannot be business as usual.

The next coming weeks will be interesting 🧐 there is going to be in fighting the old corrupt brigade against the new. It's going to get bloody .

I want Finidi to unafraid, be wise, Fear God and take the SE to the next level. Without fear or favour.

We know there are players who have been selected for the SE not in merit, players sponsored by NFF officials etc

It's time for RIGHTEOUS CHANGE

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:28am On May 01
joelsteron:

If not, then we lacking and we need proper Central Midfielders and attacking midfielders in Super eagles.

Some thing's are blatantly obvious 🤔 but somehow many cannot see 👀 it .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:32am On May 01
Joezinho:

I pray he succeeds. Some of us wants the best for Nigeria football.. But he should never try the rubbish he did during the friendly games.
Kept Lookman, our best player on the bench for the two friendlies. Was loosing and brought him 15min to the end of game. No Tella, Yusuf ,Dele. These guys were having good season..

Yusuf is not having an outstanding season he is just there almost anonymous in the Eredivisie sorry Belgium league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:34am On May 01
ChrisKels:

Him and Bassey will hold down our defense for years.

He has a lot of hurdles to overcome at U18 & U20 levels before he can get into Brentford first team.

Comparison to Bassey is premature in the extreme.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:44am On May 01
Kog45:
Aribo damn too poor recently in eagles colors so I don’t care having Nwakali and let’s us see wetin dey.

When a player is outstanding in club and league that's the only basis for national team selection.

When a good player comes into the national team and is underperforming, the first question ❓ is why 🤔

Iwobi has been excellent all season for Fulham but the negative structure and format made Iwobi arguably our most creative player almost impotent. A round peg in a square ⬛ hole.

Aribo came on in this overly negative set up he also is an attacking creative player, as a consequence, he also became unable to express his ability and was impotent.

The water carrier's the run around non stop 🛑 defensive work engine players devoid of creativity and attacking ability became the noticeable ones.

You cannot do more that what you are doing in your league week in and week out. Nwakali could not get into Porto B youth team as a regular. Had been playing for four seasons in dead relegation zone teams and earning 🥜 peanuts in football ⚽ terms. Is too poor quality and ability to be in the SE.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:23am On May 01
Not a downplay. It is the naked truth.

Go ahead and downplay being commended by FIFA technical groups for tactical innovation or downplay a world title. Not my problem.

jihday:
trying to downplay Finidi’s achievement? I can easily do same with Amunike

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:25am On May 01
A fine suggestion. 😂

And a fine trap.

humility33:

Well done but they should play beyond limit guys let's see how well they've been grounded

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:05am On May 01
komekn:

NFF is corruption ridden and anchored ⚓ on favouritism, nepotism, godfatherism, alliances & clicks, etc, etc.

Do you really think 💭 that Finidi had complete control to make choices and decide who should play it not 🚫. Particularly coming in as an interim coach, in order to not upset the status quo ,he will have to play along.

Now that he is officially made the National coach he will have to be brave, courageous, and completely upset 😭 the apple cart 🛒.

He must impose the highest standards of probity and quality it cannot be business as usual.

The next coming weeks will be interesting 🧐 there is going to be in fighting the old corrupt brigade against the new. It's going to get bloody .

I want Finidi to unafraid, be wise, Fear God and take the SE to the next level. Without fear or favour.

We know there are players who have been selected for the SE not in merit, players sponsored by NFF officials etc

It's time for RIGHTEOUS CHANGE
It appears you have already made up your mind that if Finidi's tenure goes south, you will blame the NFF... If we start seeing some funny names like Benjamin Tiaminu who was invited last year, you will blame the NFF... welldone
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:06am On May 01
komekn:

Yusuf is not having an outstanding season he is just there almost anonymous in the Eredivisie.

Which Yusuf is playing in the Eredivise? undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:12am On May 01
Danielnino00:

Which Yusuf is playing in the Eredivise? undecided
Komekn na case
He nor even know the dude just because he is not a Brit he quickly pass judgement
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 8:13am On May 01
joelsteron:

We know that we have this problem. But try to mention one name as a stop gap. They will come for ur head immediately. Some will even finish a sheet with thesis Just to prove that the player is not good without providing an alternative.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:18am On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

Story. Amunike has higher that UEFA A certificate. They should stop this PR to force Finidi down our throats. Finidi is loved and has a brilliant footballing history. They should stop trying to paint someone black and back with lies.

UEFA Pro license is different from UEFA A license. Finidi has UEFA A license and it is not the same thing. By the way, Amunike has even the UEFA Masters Coaching certification that is bigger than these.

They should stop these blackmail and get to business.

Once again having a PhD in software engineering doesn't make you an IT Guru. You can consider the small example of Microsoft boss and university drop out Bill gates.

UEFA badges are a competency test not a measurement of application excellence. I've said this several times before.

Max Verstappen made his Formula 1 debut on March 15, 2015, he had not passed his driving test and did not have a driver's license.

Amunike is the product of historical corruption, godfatherism, alliances & clicks, favouritism, under that table under handed deals, etc he was birthed by the NFF and part of the problem.

Finidi is the RIGHTEOUS CHANGE we have been waiting for literally decades.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:19am On May 01
humility33:

Komekn na case
He nor even know the dude just because he is not a Brit he quickly pass judgement

Sorry Belgium league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:22am On May 01
komekn:

Sorry Belgium league
Oga just reduce your hate or how you chide this innocent players who toiled their arse off here in Nigeria day and night....and their hardwork eventually paid off they move abroad.

Reduce how you disparage this boys potentials all because they're Naija groomed and born. It is not their fault that they were born in Nigeria and raised here

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 8:26am On May 01
komekn:

Once again having a PhD in software engineering doesn't make you an IT Guru. You can consider the small example of Microsoft boss and university drop out Bill gates.

UEFA badges are a competency test not a measurement of application excellence. I've said this several times before.

Max Verstappen made his Formula 1 debut on March 15, 2015, he had not passed his driving test and did not have a driver's license.

Amunike is the product of historical corruption, godfatherism, alliances & clicks, favouritism, under that table under handed deals, etc he was birthed by the NFF and part of the problem.

Hope u will not shout corruption when the names start rolling out. And Musa name show. Anyways whatever be the case. Finidi need to win the confidence of his Captain. ASAP. His captain can help him in the dressing room when push comes to shove.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 8:45am On May 01
Please one key things that I have not seen here is the contact duration of the new coach. Or did he sign a coach for life contract Hmm. Things are not adding up.
OK. I have seen it. It's 2yrs.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:50am On May 01
komekn:

You don't even know much about this. You didn't even know coaches write theses and even told us it was a multiple choice exam program. So stop making yourself a guru. You don't know Amunike and Finidi George personally to tell us who is corrupt or not. You are just talking with your full chest about something you have no idea about.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16136) (16137) (16138) (16139) (16140) (16141) (16142) ... (16193) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bennie1980(m), elyte89, Philosopher1979, kingphilip(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.