Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,321 members, 7,836,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11787379 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16139) (16140) (16141) (16142) (16143) (16144) (16145) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:04pm On May 01
Oasis007:

I agree no report on that, but it doesn't mean he has not got it.
If he has not gotten it, no way he will be appointed our coach now. Or NT coaches are immune to this rule?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:08pm On May 01
Oasis007:
grin

If Amunike is really that good, he shouldn't be begging for Jobs, rather Jobs should be begging for him.

Finidi is not that good and he got the job. That lies the answer and why people found it puzzling. Amunike needs to get qualifications, till UEFA Pro Coaching License in 2013. Then got a UEFA Masters Coaching License. Worked at Assistant in U17 and did well. Coached the U17, despite sabotage, did well. Coached the U20. Assisted in Super Eagles, coached in the local league. Coached Tanzania, qualified them. Has some stints in other African countries.

But no, he must do more but you are all happy that Finidi got the job by just coaching the Npfl and assist in Super Eagles.

Please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:14pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

I wonder why it is seen as pulling down. The question is, when did he have his UEFA Pro Coaching License. I don't believe Finidi will get one and won't make the media rounds. UEFA A license is different and lower than UEFA Pro Coaching License. If Finidi has it, show me an article where he obtained it.
So you have now moved from 'he doesn't have UEFA license' to 'he doesn't have pro license'.

Just so you know, no amount of your tantrum can replace Finidi with Amunike as our NT coach.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:17pm On May 01
mostob:
So you have now moved from 'he doesn't have UEFA license' to 'he doesn't have pro license'.

Just so you know, no amount of your tantrum can replace Finidi with Amunike as our NT coach.

Please stop this.

I have from day one insisted that Finidi does not have Pro Coaching License. No one said he does not have UEFA A license. I even posted a link that shows he has UEFA A license but lacks the pro license that made him ineligible to seat for a game.

Now you are saying another.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:20pm On May 01
mostob:

I have said repeatedly that at this moment we should support Finidi because he is the coach but stop the lies people are spreading. So which one is tantrum.

People are Happy the less qualified person was picked. It is okay. We can move on from there but don't sell lies.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:23pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

Finidi is not that good and he got the job. That lies the answer and why people found it puzzling. Amunike needs to get qualifications, till UEFA Pro Coaching License in 2013. Then got a UEFA Masters Coaching License. Worked at Assistant in U17 and did well. Coached the U17, despite sabotage, did well. Coached the U20. Assisted in Super Eagles, coached in the local league. Coached Tanzania, qualified them. Has some stints in other African countries.

But no, he must do more but you are all happy that Finidi got the job by just coaching the Npfl and assist in Super Eagles.

Please.
All you sad here are mere story. If Nigeria is too small for Amunike, I believe there should be a club somewhere in Africa he can manage with all his UEFA Pro, MSc, MBBs,MBA and PhD.

Man has been out of job for how many years now? Man is just lazy. Nothing else. No matter how brilliant you are, you need experience and qualifications to speak for you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 4:24pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

Please stop this.

I have from day one insisted that Finidi does not have Pro Coaching License. No one said he does not have UEFA A license. I even posted a link that shows he has UEFA A license but lacks the pro license that made him ineligible to seat for a game.

Now you are saying another.

Okay finidi no get any license sef ,but he is the current super eagles šŸ¦… coach šŸ˜€.meanwhile coach finidi has a message for us below šŸ‘‡

https://www.completesports.com/super-eagles-will-qualify-for-2026-world-cup-with-nff-nigerians-support-finidi/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 4:25pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

Please.

grin

Nah...Finidi has proved to be good. He won the league last season and still in contention to win it again.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:25pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

I have said repeatedly that at this moment we should support Finidi because he is the coach but stop the lies people are spreading. So which one is tantrum.

People are Happy the less qualified person was picked. It is okay. We can move on from there but don't sell lies.
Rest oga. Finidi is less qualified..we Don hear you.
Rest

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 4:27pm On May 01
mostob:
If he has not gotten it, no way he will be appointed our coach now. Or NT coaches are immune to this rule?

grin

....I don't even understand essence of UEFA Pro nonsense. He is here to coach an Africa National Team for God's sake! What he needs the most is CAF badges A or B.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:28pm On May 01
Oasis007:

grin

....I don't even understand essence of UEFA Pro nonsense. He is here to coach an Africa National Team for God's sake! What he needs the most is CAF badges A or B.

Amunike has CAF A license, Finidi doesn't.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 4:33pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

grin

You just dey dash Amunike every available License. LOL!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:33pm On May 01
typicalgamer:

Beht Watin finidi need the uefa pro license for ?

Exactly last time i remember he was coaching Nigeria and not Austria šŸ‡¦šŸ‡¹

Heā€™s not coaching a European team

And the license is not needed for afcon or World Cup so i no understand whatā€™s going on here

Youā€™re saying nff gave an unqualified client the job ?

Youā€™re saying nff didnā€™t do a background check ?

Bruf youā€™re better than this

Gareth Southgate had no UEFA qualifications before he became manager at Middlesbrough.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:34pm On May 01
Oasis007:

grin

A coach can have UEFA Msc license and still underperform. And there is another coach without a coaching license that will give you result. All these yapping about Finidi not qualifying is just funny.

Their fave almost sent one African club to relegation. The management had to send him home.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 4:42pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

I am saying they gave someone with a lower qualification in all ramifications. And then tried spinning a lie about it. Just agree he does not have it and move on than people trying to spin that he has it. If Finidi has it, show me a media report when he got it. If not, let us agree NFF went with someone of lower qualification and hope he does well.

I donā€™t care even if he has it or not

Because Iā€™m not sold on any our local coaches at all

No matter who they picked as long as itā€™s a local coach expect haram football for the next 4 years

You canā€™t tell me we should pick coaches that players are even more exposed to modern football than the coaches themselves
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:44pm On May 01
komekn:

Gareth Southgate had no UEFA qualifications before he became manager at Middlesbrough.

And Southgate was given a timeline to do his badges. This is not taking over Middleborough but the Super Eagles. The best qualified candidates should be the priority and not sentiments.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:47pm On May 01
typicalgamer:

No matter who they picked as long as itā€™s a local coach expect haram football for the next 4 years

You canā€™t tell me we should pick coaches that players are even more exposed to modern football than the coaches themselves

Amunike has not just been a coach but has worked multiple times as a consultant to FIFA and CAF committees. None of the players are qualified coaches, so that point is irrelevant. The debate is who is best qualified between Amunike or Finidi. Anyone saying Finidi is just being biased. Any other tale is fantasy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:49pm On May 01
mostob:
A coach can have UEFA Msc license and still underperform. And there is another coach without a coaching license that will give you result. All these yapping about Finidi not qualifying is just funny.

Their fave almost sent one African club to relegation. The management had to send him home.

It is because of local football and backwards idea here. No body will easily give a quality coaching job without sound badges. Even academy football needs sound coaching badges.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 4:50pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

Which is not gonna change anything this has drag on for far too long

Corruption is the light in Nigeria know this and know peace

Both candidates are severely under qualified for the eagles job by the way

The more likeable among both inside the cartel won take it as it is

Abi you no go support eagles since your fav didnā€™t win
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 4:52pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

Amunike has not just been a coach but has worked multiple times as a consultant to FIFA and CAF committees. None of the players are qualified coaches, so that point is irrelevant. The debate is who is best qualified between Amunike or Finidi. Anyone saying Finidi is just being biased. Any other tale is fantasy.

Both amunike and finidi are irrelevant and severely backward in the coaching department

None of them is my choice anyone wins is none of my business at least no be only go watch 2026 W/C without eagles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 4:59pm On May 01
mostob:

grin

Ask uncle Joe what License late Keshi got. LOL!
Their favourite has no success to point at in his managerial career so far.

We ain't talking of coaching boys to win a trophy ought to be named after our Golden Eaglets.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:03pm On May 01
Oasis007:

grin

Ask uncle Joe what License late Keshi got. LOL!
Their favourite has no success to point at in his managerial career so far.

We ain't talking of coaching boys to win a trophy ought to be named after our Golden Eaglets.

You guys like changing topics to avoid the truth. I said the lies of Finidi being a better choice and also an honest man should stop selling. It was a case of picking the less qualified person with no reason why he was the preferred choice.

Now you are jumping to Keshi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Cecco90: 5:06pm On May 01
Still on Finidi George

I have been seeing all these funny comments; ā€œHe will be controlled by the NFF.ā€

Finidi didn't lobby for this job. He didn't call anyone or beg people to give him the job, he applied just like many other coaches. Even after the last friendly games, he didn't engage the NFF, he went back to his job at Enyimba.

The majority of you people donā€™t know Finidi. Ask about him in Enyimba and the management will tell you. Also, because he is calm and he doesn't do PR stunts.

You all donā€™t even know, Finidi will only do things that satisfy his conscience and professionalism.

Heā€™s one of the few ex-players without baggage and controversy.

People should also stop the blackmail of the NFF, the coaches get free hands to work, and they make their decisions and all.

There are other issues with the NFF to discuss, controlling a coach is not even their priority.

It's unfair to sit in your room and conclude Finidi is a Yes Man when you know nothing about the man and his personality.

Finidi is not a broke ex-player, he invested properly when he was playing.

- Adepoju Tobi Samuel.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 5:14pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

You guys like changing topics to avoid the truth. I said the lies of Finidi being a better choice and also an honest man should stop selling. It was a case of picking the less qualified person with no reason why he was the preferred choice.

Now you are jumping to Keshi.

grin

Uncle no vex, just help clarify if late Keshi got UEFA Pro or not. LOL!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 5:14pm On May 01
Cecco90:
Still on Finidi George

I have been seeing all these funny comments; ā€œHe will be controlled by the NFF.ā€

Finidi didn't lobby for this job. He didn't call anyone or beg people to give him the job, he applied just like many other coaches. Even after the last friendly games, he didn't engage the NFF, he went back to his job at Enyimba.

The majority of you people donā€™t know Finidi. Ask about him in Enyimba and the management will tell you. Also, because he is calm and he doesn't do PR stunts.

You all donā€™t even know, Finidi will only do things that satisfy his conscience and professionalism.

Heā€™s one of the few ex-players without baggage and controversy.

People should also stop the blackmail of the NFF, the coaches get free hands to work, and they make their decisions and all.

There are other issues with the NFF to discuss, controlling a coach is not even their priority.

It's unfair to sit in your room and conclude Finidi is a Yes Man when you know nothing about the man and his personality.

Finidi is not a broke ex-player, he invested properly when he was playing.

- Adepoju Tobi Samuel.

grin

Thank You once again. Finidi is the man QED.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 5:19pm On May 01
mostob:
All you sad here are mere story. If Nigeria is too small for Amunike, I believe there should be a club somewhere in Africa he can manage with all his UEFA Pro, MSc, MBBs,MBA and PhD.

Man has been out of job for how many years now? Man is just lazy. Nothing else. No matter how brilliant you are, you need experience and qualifications to speak for you.

With His MBBS, I think he will be a good replacement for Erik at manchester united šŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 5:22pm On May 01
typicalgamer:

At the bolded, Rohr is not local neither Josē and what did they gave Us?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 5:34pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

Dear respected Goodjoe,
There are better coaches than ETH and united went for him, Arsenal sacked "good ebening" who is best qualified for Arsenal job to appoint a "novice" in Arteta. Ivory Coast sack a "world class" coach who is more qualified for the job for a relatively unknown Fae. Let's die this talk of someone is more qualified.

Amunike won us U17, Finidi gave Enyimba Npfl - the two aint easy to achieve. With Amunike's vast knowledge in football tactics i hope he will get a job soon to show Nff what they are missing and with George still learning through the rope i hope he can convince some people that he's well loaded.

May Finidi George succeed,
May Emmanuel Amunike get the chance to coach eagle one day.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:44pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

Please.
Sir, how long did he last in those African stints yo mentioned sir, namely Egypt and Sudan. Thank you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:57pm On May 01
chrisooblog:
As an NPFL coach he might feel obliged to give his constituents (local players) a chance.

No problems with that as long as whoever is invited can justify their selection.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:16pm On May 01
How true is this?

Nigeriaā€™s Super Eagles is becoming attractive to foreign-born players.

Just like Lookman and Aina, Brighton defender, Odel Offiah, is the latest England-born player willing to play for the Super Eagles.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:26pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

Please.

That's because Finidi has no pride

He is humble and willingly accept to work as assistant to Pasiero even if he was to be chosen as assistant again dude would've accepted

He is calm. Just like Dimateo of Chelsea years ago

I will pick Egbo over the Amunike u hype that failed in Zambia and Egyptian league

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (16139) (16140) (16141) (16142) (16143) (16144) (16145) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 100smile(m), kennysville(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.