Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,670 members, 7,840,650 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11812773 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16170) (16171) (16172) (16173) (16174) (16175) (16176) ... (16219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 7:29pm On May 12
St.Pauli have been promoted to the Bundesliga, they have a certain Dapo Afolayan who is 26yo in their squad. This season he has 9 goals 3 assists in the bundesliga 2. Watch out for him next season

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:38pm On May 12
jihday:
St.Pauli have been promoted to the Bundesliga, they have a certain Dapo Afolayan who is 26yo in their squad. This season he has 9 goals 3 assists in the bundesliga 2. Watch out for him next season

Striker or midfielder?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 7:43pm On May 12
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 7:45pm On May 12
elyte89:

Striker or midfielder?
RW I think
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 7:52pm On May 12
What a left-footed strike by Boni but denied by the woodwork! Wow!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Longneck: 7:58pm On May 12
Our front three should be

Lookman
Osimhen
Boniface

That will be beautiful to watch

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:09pm On May 12
Longneck:
Our front three should be

Lookman
Osimhen
Boniface

That will be beautiful to watch
With a midfield of Raph, Ndidi and Iwobi. Bright and Aina in FB. That central defence eh, I'll leave it for people to decide because I can't even name a reliable one among them. All of our CBs just dey the same average level.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Longneck: 8:13pm On May 12
mostob:
With a midfield of Raph, Ndidi and Iwobi. Bright and Aina in FB. That central defence eh, I'll leave it for people to decide because I can't even name a reliable one among them. All of our CBs just dey the same average level.
Onyeka has to be in the midfield

Our CBs not reliable?
We saw how amazing they were at AFCON
For me I will pair Ekong and Ajayi
And play Bassey at LB

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:40pm On May 12
Longneck:
Onyeka has to be in the midfield

Our CBs not reliable? We saw how amazing they were at AFCON For me I will pair Ekong and Ajayi And play Bassey at LB
Well...fair enough.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 8:49pm On May 12
mostob:
Well...fair enough.
I am even thinking a 3421
With osimhen as pointman, 2(iwobi and lookman/boniface)
4( aina, ndidi, onyeka/raph, bassey)
3( ajayi, ekong, bassey/any good option)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 9:41pm On May 12
Damn that mumu just wasted lookman assist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:53pm On May 12
chuks404:
I am even thinking a 3421
With osimhen as pointman, 2(iwobi and lookman/boniface)
4( aina, ndidi, onyeka/raph, bassey)
3( ajayi, ekong, bassey/any good option)
Yea... another good suggestion especially considering the caliber of defenders we have.

BTW, Bassey at WB won't work but will perfectly slot in at left side of the back three.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:29pm On May 12
What is this I'm hearing about Jibola pressing phone on bench while his team is getting relegated?! Nawa o

JeeeeeeeBo
Sho-Bobo!!

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:54pm On May 12
Portuguese side, Chaves have filed a disciplinary case against Kelechi Nwakali, who was on his phone on the substitute bench during Chaves home defeat to Famalicao.

The defeat condemned the northern Portuguese side to relegation.

πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:55pm On May 12
daveP:
What is this I'm hearing about Jibola pressing phone on bench while his team is getting relegated?! Nawa o

JeeeeeeeBo
Sho-Bobo!!
saw the news now, they said he’ll be fined

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:11pm On May 12
jihday:
saw the news now, they said he’ll be fined

From one debacle to another. He should just go France abeg.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:49pm On May 12
Komekn about to feast in 3...2...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:54am On May 13
Next season we go dey here again after β€œjibola” get another transfer deal.

charlesemeka85:
Portuguese side, Chaves have filed a disciplinary case against Kelechi Nwakali, who was on his phone on the substitute bench during Chaves home defeat to Famalicao.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 1:02am On May 13
charlesemeka85:

No lie you dey happy low-key not because of his predicament but because of his staunch follower who push him down our throats.

Anyways this begs the question on why his former club in spain had similar issues with him.Jibola was able to give a cover story saying his strong desires to play for Nigeria in AFCON and his passport issues were the reason for the maltreatment he received. Here is another case with photo evidence , I wonder how his apogee will defend this one

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Theben(m): 1:46am On May 13
mostob:
Bassey nko?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:52am On May 13
jihday:

Got released or left Chelsea finished high school through plethora of non league clubs while doing a Engineering degree at Loughborough university.

Even had a stint with West ham buying him then loaned he spent three seasons in league one with Bolton. Didn't get far beyond that.

He was more of a forward player good but not outstanding. Finds himself in the Bundesliga 2 and now he is in Bundesliga.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:58am On May 13
daveP:

From one debacle to another. He should just go France abeg.

France and do what .

Do you realise how poor the bottoms section of the Portuguese league is❓

Chavez have found a legal loophole to throw him in the bin. He was getting substituted quite a lot his one goal πŸ₯… all season not enough to keep the from getting relegated.

But many here post nonsense over hype exaggeration that he is the best in his club and league. Delusional blindness.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:00am On May 13
Amedino99:
majority of his call ups happened when he was in his last season in the premier league. They stopped when he followed hull to relegation.

Did we stop πŸ›‘ calling KC and Ndidi because they were in the championship πŸ†.

That's not TRUE at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 7:53am On May 13
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 7:55am On May 13
komekn:

France and do what .

Chavez have found a legal loophole to throw him in the bin. He was getting substituted quite a lot his one goal πŸ₯… all season not enough to keep the from getting relegated.

But many here post nonsense over hype exaggeration that he is the best in his club and league. Delusional blindness.

The bolded is true, unfortunately for him
I hope I'm wrong but this might be the beginning of his journey to oblivion

Good talent but poor attitude which seems to be a recurring theme in all the clubs he's played for
Sad for him but he brought this on himself

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:00am On May 13
Theben:

Bassey nko?
Baseey functions better as a wide CB or as a conservative LB IMO
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzerooo: 8:48am On May 13
charlesemeka85:

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ekehopp2: 10:10am On May 13

June invite list scoop
https://web.facebook.com/ahmad.emmanuel.77/posts/pfbid02eEmQHxGLMYM7mLwgDneBTSTSQsi174TPYGySUVpwdF7xorBDF2oEoa62WAZtLjSKl

As per speculations, Fulham defender Tosin Adarabioyo, Werder Bremen's Justin Njinmah, Caleb Okoli of Frozinone and Luton Town playmaker, Gabriel Osho are four newly invited players to the Super Eagles in their next two 2026 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.
Meanwhile, Udinese of Italy goalkeeper, Maduka Okoye is making a return to the Super Eagles fold after over a year while Francis Uzoho has been omitted in the 25-man team released by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) for the June World Cup qualifiers against South Africa and Benin Republic.
As expected, Napoli striker, Victor Osimhen headlines the list that also includes Bayer Leverkusen marksman, Victor Boniface, Samuel Chukwueze, Nathan Tella and Terem Moffi.
Chuba Akpon, Alex Iwobi, Wilfred Ndidi, Frank Onyeka, Joe Aribo and Onyedika of Club Brugge and Alhassan Yusuf of Antwerp.
The defenders picked are Calvin Bassey, Alex Akpoguma, Bright Osayi-Samuel and Ola Aina.
Smarting from his heroics at the last Africa Cup of Nations, Stanley Nwabali leads the goalkeeper trio of Okoye and Arsenal loanee, Arthur Okonkwo.
Let's have your take on this list please.
Best choice of leaving out Bros Uzoho?

Uzoho, Omeruo on the permanent way out.
Onyeamachi, and Iheanacho missing out is understandable.
No Semi Ajayi and Ademola Lookman?
I fear we are capping too many players with dual nationality while forsaking our full-bred Nigerians. Kind of unfair and like Colonial mentality.

I counted 23 here. 2 more NFL to complete List?

Goal Keepers
Stanley Nwabali
Maduka Okoye
Arthur Okonkwo

Defenders
Tosin Adarabioyo
Caleb Okoli
Gabriel Osho
Calvin Bassey
Alex Akpoguma
Bright Osayi-Samuel
Ola Aina

Midfielders
Nathan Tella
Alex Iwobi
Wilfred Ndidi
Frank Onyeka
Joe Aribo
Onyedika
Alhassan Yusuf

Attackers
Justin Njinmah
Victor Osimhen
Victor Boniface,
Samuel Chukwueze,
Terem Moffi
Chuba Akpon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 10:18am On May 13
ekehopp2:

Uzoho, Omeruo on the permanent way out.
Onyeamachi, and Iheanacho missing out is understandable.
No Semi Ajayi and Ademola Lookman?
I fear we are capping too many players with dual nationality while forsaking our full-bred Nigerians. Kind of unfair and like Colonial mentality.
no Npfl player? Smells like a lie.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 10:37am On May 13
One year deal.
Qualify for 2025 Afcon and 2026 WC

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:52am On May 13
komekn:

France and do what .

I know it's over for him in Chavez. A pity
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 12:28pm On May 13
mostob:
Komekn about to feast in 3...2...
very large meal don land for Komekn and Charles

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16170) (16171) (16172) (16173) (16174) (16175) (16176) ... (16219) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Yachambliss(m), Pidginwhisper, kellycute(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.