Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,450 members, 7,843,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11824653 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16174) (16175) (16176) (16177) (16178) (16179) (16180) ... (16230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:26pm On May 14
2innocent:
Ahead of world cup qualifiers games
Bruno Onyenaechi is injured n out
Osimhen has muscle worries
Chukwueze is injured n out
Moses Simon is injured n out

Does this call for fear and worries?

We have enough fire power to fill those gaps.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:55pm On May 14
The type of hatred that exists between Morocco and Algeria ehn, if left unchecked, they could go into a full blown war.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:17pm On May 14
comodo:

What do I think. I think he still has it in him. That why villa, everton, palace are all hovering.

πŸ‘€πŸ‘€ Spurious
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:24pm On May 14
comodo:

You miss the part that said. 10 starts.

He played 23 games and after bringing his abysmal form of the past two seasons into the Championship. He was never going to get game time over players out performing him by a huge margins.

At one time he was getting more game time than Vardy at the start of your season. As you know the less you perform the less you play.

10 starts in the Championship πŸ† for the so called deadly striker and marksman to score enough goals πŸ₯… to claim position.

Vardy 35 games and 18 goals.

You cannot White wash cold plain fact's and truth.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:27pm On May 14
humility33:

Komekn nor know anything about football

Using wage to tell the potentials of a player shows how daft he is

There are players earning less but play better or with better potentials than those earning pounds in championship and epl

Ok please name them ceteris parabus.

It happens but you don't remain in a dead club and backwaters league if you are a exceptional top level player.

So now I challenge you to name them , please as a benchmark and to make matters concise. Start with the current SE players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:45pm On May 14
Napoleon55:

They said Iheanacho is wanted by Aston villa,u Said no,he is only good enough for league 1 and Turkish league.

Now they said Tosin Adarabioyo is wanted by Newcastle, u echoed it by saying he is even wanted by better clubs like Tottenham,Liverpool and 90% of EPl clubs,as well as top clubs in Europe.

u want Iheanacho to go down,and want Tosin to go up,all because one is born in England and the other is not.
Is this not the prejudice u often accuse others of?

You are prejudice filled with favouritism and bias and blinded by your bigoted double standard.

One question ❓ is Tosin Adarabioyo one of the best defenders in the EPL this season ❓he is definitely in the top 5 on several accounts.

Is KC one of the best forward players,/ strikers in the championship πŸ† this season ❓is he among the top 20❓Tell me one indices of performance that KC was rated in top 20 in the Championship please ❓

Tosin has been performing consistently outstanding over the past three seasons.

KC had been consistently performing below standard over the past three seasons.

You are the black πŸ–€ prejudiced pot ,with a big log πŸͺ΅ of wood in your eyes πŸ‘€ trying to remove the dust from mine.

Below KC is not even in the top 40 goal πŸ₯… scorers he is somewhere in position 100+ that's abysmal. And don't say he didn't get game time. He did but did not perform and others were given game time over him.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:51pm On May 14
TheGoodJoe:

Another hate statement against Amunike. You do not know his mind or the actions he would have taken if given the job. By the way, when Osimhen did his first trial with the U17, Amunike was not convinced but his assistant told Amunike that Osimhen was good and deserves a look in. Amunike listened to his assistant and gave Osimhen another chance and the rest was history.

If Amunike was a man filled with pride, he would not have listened to an assistant who opposed his view.

Finito.

Amunike was thinking πŸ€” about personal interest and abuse of office and how he can get πŸ€‘πŸ€‘money out of him. Amunike had no integrity and is corrupt.

Not the best interest of the player.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 7:07pm On May 14
TheGoodJoe:

Another hate statement against Amunike. You do not know his mind or the actions he would have taken if given the job. By the way, when Osimhen did his first trial with the U17, Amunike was not convinced but his assistant told Amunike that Osimhen was good and deserves a look in. Amunike listened to his assistant and gave Osimhen another chance and the rest was history.

If Amunike was a man filled with pride, he would not have listened to an assistant who opposed his view.

Finito.
please read again… e be like person and he is a person are two different statements. I do not hate. My opinion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:18pm On May 14
TheGoodJoe:

Finito.
And they gave him because they didn't want his 'wahala' again after the one that happened during the elder brother's transfer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:20pm On May 14
komekn:

Ok please name them ceteris parabus.

It happens but you don't remain in a dead club and backwaters league if you are a exceptional top level player.

So now I challenge you to name them , please as a benchmark and to make matters concise. Start with the current SE players.
Why the bolded though? Is it only applicable to Nigerians.

I will mention Nacho. He is earning better salary and uou have refused to tag him exceptional.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:55pm On May 14
ChrisKels:
The type of hatred that exists between Morocco and Algeria ehn, if left unchecked, they could go into a full blown war.

What is the bone of contention between those 2 countries sef, seems they don't see eye to eye
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 8:11pm On May 14
komekn:

You are prejudice filled with favouritism and bias and blinded by your bigoted double standard.

One question ❓ is Tosin Adarabioyo one of the best defenders in the EPL this season ❓he is definitely in the top 5 on several accounts.

Is KC one of the best forward players,/ strikers in the championship πŸ† this season ❓is he among the top 20❓Tell me one indices of performance that KC was rated in top 20 in the Championship please ❓

Tosin has been performing consistently outstanding over the past three seasons.

KC had been consistently performing below standard over the past three seasons.

You are the black πŸ–€ prejudiced pot ,with a big log πŸͺ΅ of wood in your eyes πŸ‘€ trying to remove the dust from mine.

Below KC is not even in the top 40 goal πŸ₯… scorers he is somewhere in position 100+ that's abysmal. And don't say he didn't get game time. He did but did not perform and others were given game time over him.
How does this babbles relate to my post?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:18pm On May 14
Napoleon55:

But u have consistently refused to apply the bolded to Iheanacho, but only to Nwakali and Zaidu.

According to ur logic ,don't u think that Iheanacho should be considered good going by how much he earns through the years?

That's not logical.

I am making a comparison of two individual players specifically, you should therefore appraise their individual attributes and unique skill sets and understand why one is getting paid 5X the others salary.

Don't you understand what logic means ❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:36pm On May 14
mostob:
Why the bolded though? Is it only applicable to Nigerians.

I will mention Nacho. He is earning better salary and uou have refused to tag him exceptional.

If you go back I used the Latin term, ceteris parabus, all things being equal, as a proviso.

KC signed for Leicester city from Manchester city primarily on potential for Β£25 million. As a young player he will sign a 5 year contract or thereabouts with incremental clauses % increases tied to longevity and performance.

That means his salary will go up irrespective of performance and until the contract expires as well as depending on what clauses are in that contract.

KC had been at Leicester city and had been in general poor. He had one good season in 2020/21 he scored 12 goals from 25 games. Leicester expectations arose and they extended it, with improved terms. Well since then he has reverted back to being poor.

In 2018/19 he played 30 games and scored 1 goal πŸ₯….

CanIl l ask you do you think considering his performance over the past 7 seasons at Leicester City, is he an Exceptional player ❓and if you do on what basis.

KC statistics point πŸ‘‰πŸΏ to retrogression not progression.

But he has a contract that has only now expired,do you think Leicester City want renew it ❓

Eberechi Eze is earnings much less than Olise , because Olise had better contract terms but who is better ❓

If you know nothing it's better to be silent and it will be assumed you know. You are making misguided assumptive notions from crass ignorance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by uchenna55: 8:44pm On May 14
komekn:

That's not logical.

I am making a comparison of two individual players specifically, you should therefore appraise their individual attributes and unique skill sets and understand why one is getting paid 5X the others salary.

Don't you understand what logic means ❓
yes I don't understand what logic means,pls do explain it to me,
And and also explain to us why Iheanacho is earning big if he is so poor of a player

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:50pm On May 14
Truidstarr:
please read again… e be like person and he is a person are two different statements. I do not hate. My opinion.

What is the basis of the opinion? No reason. So why will you just draw a negative position against a person for no reason? HATE.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:52pm On May 14
mostob:
And they gave him because they didn't want his 'wahala' again after the one that happened during the elder brother's transfer.

Wahala of working without pay or allowances for years. Fantastic.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:54pm On May 14
komekn:

Amunike was thinking πŸ€” about personal interest and abuse of office and how he can get πŸ€‘πŸ€‘money out of him. Amunike had no integrity and is corrupt.

Not the best interest of the player.

Baseless accusations with no facts. Try Mama Nkechi's kitchen.

I have shown you reasons where Amunike did not put money first. Your own is based on hate. Nothing else.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 8:56pm On May 14
TheGoodJoe:

What is the basis of the opinion? No reason. So why will you just draw a negative position against a person for no reason? HATE.
Why are you getting all twisted up in knots This is where I will ignore you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 9:00pm On May 14
komekn:

If you go back I used the Latin term, ceteris parabus, all things being equal, as a proviso.

KC signed for Leicester city from Manchester city primarily on potential for Β£25 million. As a young player he will sign a 5 year contract or thereabouts with incremental clauses % increases tied to longevity and performance.

That means his salary will go up irrespective of performance and until the contract expires as well as depending on what clauses are in that contract.

KC had been at Leicester city and had been in general poor. He had one good season in 2020/21 he scored 12 goals from 25 games. Leicester expectations arosevand extended it . Well since then he reverted back to being poor.

In 2018/19 he played 30 games and scored 1 goal πŸ₯….

CanIl l ask you do you think considering his performance over the past 7 seasons at Leicester City, is he an Exceptional player ❓and if you do on what basis.

KC statistics point πŸ‘‰πŸΏ to retrogression not progression.

But he has a contract that has only now expired,do you think Leicester City want renew it ❓

Eberechi Eze is earnings much less than Olise , because Olise had better contract terms but who is better ❓

If you know notyits better to be silent and it will be assumed you know. You are making misguided assumptive notions from crass ignorance.

u said he signed 5yrs contract,
why did they extend his contract beyond 5 years along with increase in his weekly wages when they should have discovered his performances over the years have been abysmal according by u?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 9:29pm On May 14
Napoleon55:

u said he signed 5yrs contract,
why did they extend his contract beyond 5 years along with increase in his weekly wages when they should have discovered his performances over the years have been abysmal according by u?
obviously Leicester management no sabi work reach oga kome
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 9:53pm On May 14
All of the U17 Golden Eaglets pass age test conducted by CAF. Ready for U17 WAFU B tournament starting tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:03pm On May 14
So Guardiola sabi park bus. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:10pm On May 14
forgiveness:

Lol ….I wan make thegoodjoe explain dis one abeg πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:17pm On May 14
elyte89:

Lol ….I wan make thegoodjoe explain dis one abeg πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

We await ya response. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:24pm On May 14
forgiveness:

We did not park bus. It seems you don't know what park bus is.

Look at our stats against Tottenham today. You can see the possession and shots are almost balanced. So it is not parked bus.

Look at Mourinho park bus against rookie Alonso last year, and Ancelotti park bus against us these year. The stats will show it.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:41pm On May 14
TheGoodJoe:

We did not park bus. It seems you don't know what park bus is.

Look at our stats against Tottenham today. You can see the possession and shots are almost balanced. So it is not parked bus.

Look at Mourinho park bus against rookie Alonso last year, and Ancelotti park bus against us these year. The stats will show it.

I watched live not by one stats. grin

Mancity park bus after dem scored wella. grin

Short were as the result if counterattacks.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:42pm On May 14
forgiveness:

I watched live not by one stats. grin

Mancity park bus after dem scored wella. grin

Short were as the result if counterattacks.

You can argue or learn. That is not park bus please.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:46pm On May 14
TheGoodJoe:

You can argue or learn. That is not park bus please.

Learn what? Are you blind? How many Mancity players were at the back whenever Tottenham was with ball? That's unusual of Mancity to seat deep.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:51pm On May 14
forgiveness:

Learn what? Are you blind? How many Mancity players were at the back whenever Tottenham was with ball? That's unusual of Mancity to seat deep.

What you are writing above is not parked bus being compact at the back when the opposition is with the ball is not parked bus. Tottenham were compact at the back a lot of time when we.had the ball. Will you say they were parking bus? They weren't.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:58pm On May 14
TheGoodJoe:

What you are writing above is not parked bus being compact at the back when the opposition is with the ball is not parked bus. Tottenham were compact at the back a lot of time when we.had the ball. Will you say they were parking bus? They weren't.

Finito.

That's park bus as long as Mancity is not used to that. The only difference is grammar "compact". grin

Mancity will never play like that with other teams rather they press you until they win the ball.

Oga, na park bus which is same as compact at the back. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:06pm On May 14
forgiveness:

That's park bus as long as Mancity is not used to that. The only difference is grammar "compact". grin

Mancity will never play like that with other teams rather they press you until they win the ball.

Oga, na park bus which is same as compact at the back. grin

No mind thegoodjoe …baba wan use β€œcompact” deceive us πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16174) (16175) (16176) (16177) (16178) (16179) (16180) ... (16230) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheSuperNerd(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.