Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,464 members, 7,843,421 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11825147 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16175) (16176) (16177) (16178) (16179) (16180) (16181) ... (16230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:12pm On May 14
elyte89:

No mind thegoodjoe …baba wan use β€œcompact” deceive us πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…

Hahahahahahaha! grin See compact meaning weder e no different from park bus. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:32pm On May 14
forgiveness:

Hahahahahahaha! grin See compact meaning weder e no different from park bus. grin

This just seems like noise. Park bus is sticking most of the players behind the ball, close to and in the box with little attempt to play with it. It is a defense first approach.

You said it yourself that we started parking after we scored, which first defeats the whole parked bus notion.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:34pm On May 14
forgiveness:

In a parked bus set up, you don't press the defense or goal keeper, which is something we did most of the time in the game. So how can you say we park bus.

Staying compact is okay as long as when you win the ball, you try to control and dominate the game, which we did in the game.

Sorry, this is not a parked bus for City, no matter how you do it.

You can learn, or argue.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 11:36pm On May 14
forgiveness:

same thing I said this evening. Prejudice no dey allow person see road Wella.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 11:36pm On May 14
Best league in the world my foot grin. This man right here has turned the once great English Premier League to a league for farmers. πŸ˜†Respect πŸ‘πŸ’ͺ😎.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:37pm On May 14
TheGoodJoe:

This just seems like noise. Park bus is sticking most of the players behind the ball, close to and in the box with little attempt to play with it. It is a defense first approach.

You said it yourself that we started parking after we scored, which first defeats the whole parked bus notion.

Oga, Mancity park bus. If you like call it mortal compact. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:37pm On May 14
forgiveness:

I have given you a simple format for use to have an idea what park bus is. You can learn or argue. Real Madrid parked bus against us this season. Mourinho parked bus against Xabi Alonso last season. The stats show it. If the stats can't show we parked bus, it is not parked bus. Another thing, if the side is not trying to hold the ball and dominate the game.

You can learn or argue.

Finito.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:38pm On May 14
forgiveness:

Oga, Mancity park bus. If you like call it mortal compact. grin

You can joke or learn. It does not change facts.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:39pm On May 14
Amedino99:
same thing I said this evening. Prejudice no dey allow person see road Wella.

Last season Arsenal bottled the league by themselves. Two seasons ago Liverpool bottled the league by themselves.

Guardiola was just lucky to win the last two.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:40pm On May 14
uchenna55:

yes I don't understand what logic means,pls do explain it to me,
And and also explain to us why Iheanacho is earning big if he is so poor of a player

I want to presume you went to at least a secondary school and have some basic comprehension understanding.

I ask the question ⁉️ because I've explained already and you went past the in-depth explanations and responded with this far from intelligent response.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:41pm On May 14
TheGoodJoe:

You can joke or learn. It does not change facts.

Learn from a fan of a team that press!!!?

Mr man, As a Chelsea fan, I can distinguish between park bus and press. You don't have any idea how park bus works, rest. cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:43pm On May 14
TheGoodJoe:

I have given you a simple format for use to have an idea what park bus bus is. You can learn or argue. Real Madrid parked bus against us this season. Mourinho parked bus against Xabi Alonso last season. The stars show it. Irlf the stats can't show we parked bus, it is not parked bus. Another thing, if the side is not trying to hold the ball and dominate the game.

You can learn or argue.

Finito.

You're talking to one who used park bus win UCL and epl titles. Just keep to your press press knowledge because you don't have knowledge about how Park bus works.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:43pm On May 14
TheGoodJoe:

Baseless accusations with no facts. Try Mama Nkechi's kitchen.

I have shown you reasons where Amunike did not put money first. Your own is based on hate. Nothing else.

My position is based on a higher standard of probity, integrity, honesty, accountability, ethics and righteousness.

You have tried to justify his corruption.

I have zero tolerance for corruption.

No coach has any right to demand a share of development fee compensation from a player. More so a national team coach being paid to do his job.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:47pm On May 14
forgiveness:

Learn from a fan of a team that press!!!?

Mr man, As a Chelsea fan, I can distinguish between park bus an press. You don't have any idea how park bus works, rest. cheesy

You can't distinguish Nada. I have given you valid points to explain it and you have nothing to counter my point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:49pm On May 14
Napoleon55:

u said he signed 5yrs contract,
why did they extend his contract beyond 5 years along with increase in his weekly wages when they should have discovered his performances over the years have been abysmal according by u?

I don't want to sound condescending, but did you actually read my write ✍🏿 up ❓

It's either your prejudice has befuddled your capacity to comprehend.

Or you just lack basic competency.

Let me quote myself verbatim ( albeit with corrections)

He had one good season in 2020/21 he scored 12 goals from 25 games. Leicester expectations arose and they extended it, with improved terms.

Leicester were essentially hoodwinked into signing him believing he had improved immensely. But he obviously had not KC play them Yahoo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:49pm On May 14
Amedino99:
obviously Leicester management no sabi work reach oga kome

Exactly πŸ’―
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:52pm On May 14
komekn:

My position is based on a higher standard of probity, integrity, honesty, accountability, ethics and righteousness.

No coach has any right to demand a share of development fee compensation from a player. More so a national team coach being paid to do his job.

I have told you that the development fee is not corruption. I did not justify anything. It is plain fact. Coaches through history always get part of development fee.

It was the family's choice and not coerced in anyway.

Leave that integrity talk because you have hatred for people without reasons. You wish people to fail without them doing you nothing. That is no way integrity.

Amunike who coached for years despite being owed can't be tagged corrupt. Trained coaches locally under a government project without collecting money. You can't call that person corrupt.

Amunike was able to discover genuine stars because his process was not corrupt. If it was corrupt, we won't have a pure water seller making the team when thete are agents and politicians that will pay good money for slot.

Leave your lie and negative campaign. It is coming from hate and not integrity and honesty.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:55pm On May 14
komekn:

He had one good season in 2020/21 he scored 12 goals from 25 games. Leicester expectations arose and they extended it, with improved terms.

Leicester were essentially hoodwinked into signing him believing he had improved immensely. But he obviously had not KC play them Yahoo

In football, there is flow. If a player is not having a regular run of games, it is difficult to judge him as not performing well.

Look at Alvarez in Manchester City. Give him a good run of games and he will pull decent stats. If you compare his appearance to goal, he would look weak.

Someone who tries to claim to know football should know about run of games.

If you don't put that into the picture, you are being biased and partial. This lacking integrity.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:58pm On May 14
forgiveness:

You're talking to one who used park bus win UCL and epl titles. Just keep to your press press knowledge because you don't knowledge about how Park bus works.

Learn or argue.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 1:00am On May 15
komekn:

Joker.
continue to deceive yourself, thinking that u are that which u are not.

Iheanacho extended his contract not to long ago,2021/22

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/12264457/kelechi-iheanacho-leicester-striker-extends-contract-until-2024-after-winning-player-of-the-month-award
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 1:13am On May 15
komekn:

joker,
u r just an amateur agent wannabe, u know nothing about football.
ur heart is too dark for beautiful game of football
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 1:47am On May 15
komekn:

Then let another testify of ur righteousness, integrity and wholesomeness,
not your own lips.

If any man must say "I'm a good man" he is not truly a good man.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:22am On May 15
Please can you name those coaches that openly demand/get developmental fee when on National assignment? Thank you! Awoniyi, Kanu, Yahaya etc were from well to do family? Continue!
TheGoodJoe:

I have told you that the development fee is not corruption. I did not justify anything. It is plain fact. Coaches through history always get part of development fee.

Leave that integrity talk because you have hatred for people without reasons. You wish people to fail without them doing you nothing. That is no way integrity.

Amunike who coached for years despite being owed can't be tagged corrupt. Trained coaches locally under a government project without collecting money. You can't call that person corrupt.

Amunike was able to discover genuine stars because his process was not corrupt. If it was corrupt, we won't have a pure water seller making the team when thete are agents and politicians that will pay good money for slot.

Leave your lie and negative campaign. It is coming from hate and not integrity and honesty.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:36am On May 15
TheGoodJoe:

Oga thegoodjoe your love for Amunike is well understood.

Pure water seller should be Osimhen and anybody telling you that Osimhen came to U 17 open camp without any recommendations is not telling you the truth.

Open camp does not mean you just gatecrash but it's is open for you to prove yourself without favouritism....Osimhen was too popular in Lagos academies environment and street football to be ignored for U 17 open camp.

Football in Lagos is different from other states,they follow grassroots football passionately than NPFL.Victor Osimhen was already a very popular grassroots footballer that was on the lips of Lagos fans and mind you Amunike na AJ man,reason why Lagosians are rooting for him for eagles job.

During U17 camp,Amunike have his local recruiting team all over especially in Lagos recommending players to him,very few players go to camp without recommendation and mind you those players even find it hard to get into training cuz there are listed players for open camping.Coaches might have told us "I did open camping" but the truth players come in with their agents.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 6:40am On May 15
TheGoodJoe:

I have given you a simple format for use to have an idea what park bus is. You can learn or argue. Real Madrid parked bus against us this season. Mourinho parked bus against Xabi Alonso last season. The stats show it. If the stats can't show we parked bus, it is not parked bus. Another thing, if the side is not trying to hold the ball and dominate the game.

You can learn or argue.

Finito.
compact at the back is the textbook definition of park the bus or what do you think they do in a park the bus system ehn blue font? What you are doing is similar to calling a fat rich man biggie and a poor one orobo. Same thing but different names.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:40am On May 15
TheGoodJoe:

What you are writing above is not parked bus being compact at the back when the opposition is with the ball is not parked bus Tottenham were compact at the back a lot of time when we.had the ball. Will you say they were parking bus? They weren't.

Finito.
But if na another team, you will come here and tell us this is not football. The same way Arsenal remain compact at the back and beat you at the Emirates but you're here fuming saying Arsenal didn't come to play.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:43am On May 15
TheGoodJoe:

Wahala of working without pay or allowances for years. Fantastic.
This is a watery excuse. He had the option to resign.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:48am On May 15
mostob:
This is a watery excuse. He had the option to resign.

That shows Amunike is not driven by money. It is not an excuse but points that Amunike does not put money first as some people are trying to paint him bad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:51am On May 15
mostob:
But if na another team, you will come here and tell us this is not football. The same way Arsenal remain compact at the back and beat you at the Emirates but you're here fuming saying Arsenal didn't come to play.

Get the point, so you can stay coherent with it. I said when the team comes into the match with the idea to sit back to win, it is park bus.

If Real Madrid or Arsenal does it that way, it is parked bus. Yesterday, we did not park bus because we tried to press, control the game and go on the offensive repeatedly. We committed players.

Remember how high we were when Son stole the ball from Akanji. How can anyone say we were parking the bus? Understand before jumping in.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:52am On May 15
Amedino99:
compact at the back is the textbook definition of park the bus or what do you think they do in a park the bus system ehn blue font? What you are doing is similar to calling a fat rich man biggie and a poor one orobo. Same thing but different names.

Get the point before commenting. It is not about staying compact in periods but staying compact for a large period of the game that is park bus. You are still talking off point. Look at the stats I provided try to study it and understand what park bus is.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:54am On May 15
Kog45:
Oga thegoodjoe your love for Amunike is well understood.

Pure water seller should be Osimhen and anybody telling you that Osimhen came to U 17 open camp without any recommendations is not telling you the truth.

Open camp does not mean you just gatecrash but it's is open for you to prove yourself without favouritism....Osimhen was too popular in Lagos academies environment and street football to be ignored for U 17 open camp.

Football in Lagos is different from other states,they follow grassroots football passionately than NPFL.Victor Osimhen was already a very popular grassroots footballer that was on the lips of Lagos fans and mind you Amunike na AJ man,reason why Lagosians are rooting for him for eagles job.

During U17 camp,Amunike have his local recruiting team all over especially in Lagos recommending players to him,very few players go to camp without recommendation and mind you those players even find it hard to get into training cuz there are listed players for open camping.Coaches might have told us "I did open camping" but the truth players come in with their agents.

For start, Amunike dropped Osimhen and was convinced by one of his assistant to give him another chance. That shoots holes into that recommended talk.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:55am On May 15
Kog45:

The bolded does not show an attribute of a corrupt person.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16175) (16176) (16177) (16178) (16179) (16180) (16181) ... (16230) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Marjoribanks and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.