Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,137 members, 7,849,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:57 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11858291 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16176) (16177) (16178) (16179) (16180) (16181) (16182) ... (16248) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:58am On May 15
Kog45:
Oga thegoodjoe your love for Amunike is well understood.

Pure water seller should be Osimhen and anybody telling you that Osimhen came to U 17 open camp without any recommendations is not telling you the truth.

Open camp does not mean you just gatecrash but it's is open for you to prove yourself without favouritism....Osimhen was too popular in Lagos academies environment and street football to be ignored for U 17 open camp.

Football in Lagos is different from other states,they follow grassroots football passionately than NPFL.Victor Osimhen was already a very popular grassroots footballer that was on the lips of Lagos fans and mind you Amunike na AJ man,reason why Lagosians are rooting for him for eagles job.

During U17 camp,Amunike have his local recruiting team all over especially in Lagos recommending players to him,very few players go to camp without recommendation and mind you those players even find it hard to get into training cuz there are listed players for open camping. Coaches might have told us "I did open camping" but the truth players come in with their agents.

Las Las, it was an open camp and the best selected. It was not a case of bribery and racketeering. Amunike was not corrupt and selected the best. Nothing you are saying there counters the point. It was an open camp and Amunike used a system to screen them. So people should stop their baseless lies of corrupt and pride.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:58am On May 15
komekn:

If you go back I used the Latin term, ceteris parabus, all things being equal, as a proviso.

KC signed for Leicester city from Manchester city primarily on potential for £25 million. As a young player he will sign a 5 year contract or thereabouts with incremental clauses % increases tied to longevity and performance.

That means his salary will go up irrespective of performance and until the contract expires as well as depending on what clauses are in that contract.

KC had been at Leicester city and had been in general poor. He had one good season in 2020/21 he scored 12 goals from 25 games. Leicester expectations arose and they extended it, with improved terms. Well since then he has reverted back to being poor.

In 2018/19 he played 30 games and scored 1 goal

CanIl l ask you do you think considering his performance over the past 7 seasons at Leicester City, is he an Exceptional player and if you do on what basis.

KC statistics point to retrogression not progression.

But he has a contract that has only now expired,do you think Leicester City want renew it

Eberechi Eze is earnings much less than Olise , because Olise had better contract terms but who is better

If you know nothing it's better to be silent and it will be assumed you know. You are making misguided assumptive notions from crass ignorance.

Thank you! You have answered tiur own question.
Do you see why you can't use salary to compare two different players. Some of the them have incremental clause in their contract.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:59am On May 15
Kog45:
During U17 camp,Amunike have his local recruiting team all over especially in Lagos recommending players to him,very few players go to camp without recommendation and mind you those players even find it hard to get into training cuz there are listed players for open camping.Coaches might have told us "I did open camping" but the truth players come in with their agents.

Agents take players to all open camps, so that last statement does not add up in any way.

Finito.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:05am On May 15
TheGoodJoe:

Get the point, so you can stay coherent with it. I said when the team comes into the match with the idea to sit back to win, it is park bus.

If Real Madrid or Arsenal does it that way, it is parked bus. Yesterday, we did not park bus because we tried to press, control the game and go on the offensive repeatedly. We committed players.

Remember how high we were when Son stole the ball from Akanji. How can anyone say we were parking the bus? Understand before jumping in.
One thing you need to understand is you don't know it all. Your team parked the bus yesterday. You may choose to decorate or twist the words how much you can. Fact still remain that City parked the bus yesterday.

If another team had played the way City played yesterday, you would have come here to tell us how they parked the bus and didn't come out to play.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:08am On May 15
TheGoodJoe:

Las Las, it was an open camp and the best selected. It was not a case of bribery and racketeering. Amunike was not corrupt and selected the best. Nothing you are saying there counters the point. It was an open camp and Amunike used a system to screen them. So people should stop their baseless lies of corrupt and pride.
I don't want to go into Amunike developmental fee issue again.Hope you remembered his well documented transfer issue with Iheanacho agent.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:11am On May 15
TheGoodJoe:

Agents take players to all open camps, so that last statement does not add up in any way.

Finito.
Yes agents brings players to open camp.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:13am On May 15
mostob:
One thing you need to understand is you don't know it all. Your team parked the bus yesterday. You may choose to decorate or twist the words how much you can. Fact still remain that City parked the bus yesterday.

If another team had played the way City played yesterday, you would have come here to tell us how they parked the bus and didn't come out to play.
Thank you,honestly I just don't know is it a sin for city to park bus?

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:16am On May 15
mostob:

It is not the statement that matters but explaining how. I have told you we did not. I have explained how.

We repeatedly pressed in the game. Kept the keeper under pressure to clear out.

We committed players. Even the Son's miss blows hole into that Manchester City parked bus.

Look at the image below of when Son got the ball. Is this a parked bus setup?

Learn or argue.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:17am On May 15
Kog45:
Thank you,honestly I just don't know is it a sin for city to park bus?

Look at what you guys are calling park bus.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:21am On May 15
Kog45:
I don't want to go into Amunike developmental fee issue again.Hope you remembered his well documented transfer issue with Iheanacho agent.

I have told you again that those well documented events were told one side with little backing. It was pure rumor mills from sources known for rumors.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 7:28am On May 15
TheGoodJoe:

Look at what you guys are calling park bus.
even teams that park the bus come out to attack.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:44am On May 15
TheGoodJoe:

I have told you again that those well documented events were told one side with little backing. It was pure rumor mills from sources known for rumors.

Finito.
One sided story by Henry Galliano right but Amunike didn't denied it when premium times did their investigations on the issue.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:49am On May 15
Kog45:
One sided story by Henry Galliano right but Amunike didn't denied it when premium times did their investigations on the issue.

Which investigation? Did they meet Amunike and ask for his side of the story?

Please. One side of the story. Anyone can say anything.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:51am On May 15
Amedino99:
even teams that park the bus come out to attack.

Park bus teams attack with few players, two or three to counter, but maintain a deep compact space. What you see in the screenshot shows clearly, we were not maintaining a deep compact shape throughout the match and destroys the park bus argument.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 8:01am On May 15
Nigeria has a long way to go. Dude is passionately defending his favourite cos he sees him as god hence can't make mistakes or commit blunders.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:02am On May 15
Oasis007:
Nigeria has a long way to go. Dude is passionately defending his favourite cos he sees him as god hence can't make mistakes or commit blunders.

I have dropped points. Counter the points.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 8:12am On May 15
TheGoodJoe:

I have dropped points. Counter the points.

I genuinely respect you, your contributions on this board and knowledge of the game. We are humans hence we can't just do away with sentiment(s) at times.

There is absolutely nothing to counter, coz you ain't gonna listen or change your believe on your favourite. I salute others engaging you on the matter.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:14am On May 15
TheGoodJoe:

For start, Amunike dropped Osimhen and was convinced by one of his assistant to give him another chance. That shoots holes into that recommended talk.
Recommendation does not give you automatic SPOT.

Sir have you ever attended football screening exercise before?

We recommended and brought James Obiorah for Kwara bomber screening in 1993.He was so young and thin but took him last training match to be picked.....I was part of a group that recommended Dele Aiyenigba to Kwara Star but he was able to convinced the coaches.....We recommended Seyi Olofinjana to late coach Kafaru Alabi of Kwara United and he made it.Also,late Isaac Promise to Kwara United who later captained Siasia teams but failed the trial.

I have numerous players to mention here cuz I know what am talking about regarding open camping exercises.

I have attended series of U17 open camping exercises through my snr bro who is a FIFA licenced agent who always working with academies and great participant of Viareggio and other tournaments.

Sir recommendation does not guaranteed automatic SPOT in open camping screening.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:29am On May 15
TheGoodJoe:

Which investigation? Did they meet Amunike and ask for his side of the story?

Please. One side of the story. Anyone can say anything.
Sir it's not one sided story cuz it was a story on a full scale and Amunike personally confirmed it,though denied involvement in Iheanacho transfer but confirmed assault on Galliano,telling him he wanted to reap where he did not sowed

He had meeting with Galliano Henry and Oluwaseun Solomon regarding Iheanacho transfer at Rockview hotel in Owerri and warned them to stay clear.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:42am On May 15
Kog45:
Recommendation does not give you automatic SPOT.

Sir have you ever attended football screening exercise before?

We recommended and brought James Obiorah for Kwara bomber screening in 1993.He was so young and thin but took him last training match to be picked.....I was part of a group that recommended Dele Aiyenigba to Kwara Star but he was able to convinced the coaches.....We recommended Seyi Olofinjana to late coach Kafaru Alabi of Kwara United and he made it.Also,late Isaac Promise to Kwara United who later captained Siasia teams but failed the trial.

I have numerous players to mention here cuz I know what am talking about regarding open camping exercises.

I have attended series of U17 open camping exercises through my snr bro who is a FIFA licenced agent who always working with academies and great participant of Viareggio and other tournaments.

Sir recommendation does not guaranteed automatic SPOT in open camping screening.

I don't understand your point. Amunike getting recommendation and not giving the player automatic spot shows he is not corrupt. There is nothing wrong in recommendation. So what is the problem.

Amunike ran a fair open camp, screened and selected the best. So what is the problem?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:48am On May 15
Kog45:
Sir it's not one sided story cuz it was a story on a full scale and Amunike personally confirmed it,though denied involvement in Iheanacho transfer but confirmed assault on Galliano,telling him he wanted to reap where he did not sowed

He had meeting with Galliano Henry and Oluwaseun Solomon regarding Iheanacho transfer at Rockview hotel in Owerri and warned them to stay clear.

Still one side story. Amunike said he was not involved in the transfer.

The fact is that repeatedly, he is the one the football media openly lie about. That should tell you something.

People fear greatness
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:49am On May 15
Oasis007:

I genuinely respect you, your contributions on this board and knowledge of the game. We are humans hence we can't just do away with sentiment(s) at times.

There is absolutely nothing to counter, coz you ain't gonna listen or change your believe on your favourite. I salute others engaging you on the matter.

😂

I would like to still read your points.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:52am On May 15
TheGoodJoe:

I don't understand your point. Amunike getting recommendation and not giving the player automatic spot shows he is not corrupt. There is nothing wrong in recommendation. So what is the problem.

Amunike ran a fair open camp, screened and selected the best. So what is the problem?
Did I condemned Amunike open screening exercise.

My point is on Osimhen coming to trial without recommendation but trying to tell you that Osimhen was already a popular youth player around Lagos and there is no way Osimhen will just parked his bag and go to ABUJA without being recommended for open trial cuz,Amunike I know worked with real street coaches especially in Lagos for talents.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:55am On May 15
Kog45:
Did I condemned Amunike open screening exercise.

My point is on Osimhen coming to trial without recommendation but trying to tell you that Osimhen was already a popular youth player around Lagos and there is no way Osimhen will just parked his bag and go to ABUJA without being recommended for open trial cuz,Amunike I know worked with real street coaches especially in Lagos for talents.

The point is on corruption. Working with street coaches is not corruption.

If Amunike was corrupt, he could have used his position to make money and not select the best players.

That is the point.

Finally, Osimhen said without Amunike, he doubts he would be where he is.

Give Amunike his flowers and respect.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BronzeTiger: 9:02am On May 15
TheGoodJoe:

Park bus teams attack with few players, two or three to counter, but maintain a deep compact space. What you see in the screenshot shows clearly, we were not maintaining a deep compact shape throughout the match and destroys the park bus argument.

Finito.
Finito cause it concerns your team. That's the same way real madrid and arsenal both home and away were compact against city this season.
Finito.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 9:15am On May 15
Amedino99:
compact at the back is the textbook definition of park the bus or what do you think they do in a park the bus system ehn blue font? What you are doing is similar to calling a fat rich man biggie and a poor one orobo. Same thing but different names.

So simple

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 9:18am On May 15
mostob:
This is a watery excuse. He had the option to resign.

Abi ooo. You worked for years you are not paid then resign. Sé wón bí sóri méja ñí

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:28am On May 15
TheGoodJoe:

The point is on corruption. Working with street coaches is not corruption.

If Amunike was corrupt, he could have used his position to make money and not select the best players.

That is the point.

Finally, Osimhen said without Amunike, he doubts he would be where he is.

Give Amunike his flowers and respect.
Did anybody said Osimhen was lying about Amunike giving him his breakthrough abi na only him dey discover players or wetin u wan Manu Garba do

Yes Amunike had corruption allegations against him,verified or not and it involves players under him.

Expressing my views on his other side doesn't mean I didn't rate him as a coach?....Do not worry I go hold the flowers and respect baba thegoodjoe.

I hope he get good job soon and prove NFF wrong.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 9:37am On May 15
Oasis007:

Una really get time.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:18am On May 15
🚨 BREAKING: Manchester United are interested in signing defender Tosin Adarabioyo, who will be a free agent in the summer when his Fulham contract expires

#Skysports
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:38am On May 15
TheGoodJoe:

It is not the statement that matters but explaining how. I have told you we did not. I have explained how.

We repeatedly pressed in the game. Kept the keeper under pressure to clear out.

We committed players. Even the Son's miss blows hole into that Manchester City parked bus.

Look at the image below of when Son got the ball. Is this a parked bus setup?

Learn or argue.
Without even searching online, I can mention that 2-0 win against City. You came here to rant that Arsenal parked the bus and didn't come out to play. I countered you then. City played the same way yesterday and won but it is not bus parking.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:39am On May 15
charlesemeka85:
BREAKING: Manchester United are interested in signing defender Tosin Adarabioyo, who will be a free agent in the summer when his Fulham contract expires

#Skysports
Varane is moving so might be a good deal.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16176) (16177) (16178) (16179) (16180) (16181) (16182) ... (16248) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lelion, Philosopher1979 and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.