Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,282 members, 7,846,286 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1891) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11838305 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1888) (1889) (1890) (1891) (1892) (1893) (1894) ... (16238) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Adeyinka12(m): 4:45pm On Oct 24, 2017
https:///LGvNqtmjQldA8dtCCjScYI Only for Real Madrid fans
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:50pm On Oct 24, 2017
mank1234:
Any lesson learnt in previous world cup disappointment? None! Amodu of blessed memory should have taken us to at least one world cup but for NFF's greed and fan's love for 'sexy' football. Even with his impressive win ratio and a bronze medal at AFCON, fan's wanted a coach with an attacking style of play and the corrupt NFF buoyed by this didn't hesitate in shopping for a foreign coach with behind the scene kickback (as exposed by Englishman, Erickson).

Probably, after few friendlies, the story of how Rhor is not technically adept and the need for a technically savvy coach will surface. Thankfully, there's no AFCON next year, so some of us can counter with: 'it's just a friendly'.

Some here are already singing the 'he is not technically savvy song'. Imagine if they were at the NFF, it would be same story as before but even now the outcry from the people through social media would make them think twice. Float or sink, Rohr should take us to the World Cup and even beyond. Stability and continuity is part of the building process. Sure he has his weaknesses but he's done better than most. Even Keshi(God rest his soul) in a group that was not as tough as the one Rohr braved through and qualified with a match to spare.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:51pm On Oct 24, 2017
Goke7:

Kayode and onyekuru are already part of this team having been invited recently so who remain?, how many times have uzoho appeared for his club senior side before someone will tell me he should replace ezenwa, na so super eagles cheap?

Kayode and Onyekuru contributed nothing to qualification and are just on the fringes of the team.

How many times has Alampasu represented Feirense in the league? Zero. How many invites does he have?

No one is saying Uzoho should be number 1 or that Ezenwa should be replaced.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 5:00pm On Oct 24, 2017
Goke7:

Kayode and onyekuru are already part of this team having been invited recently so who remain?, how many times have uzoho appeared for his club senior side before someone will tell me he should replace ezenwa, na so super eagles cheap?

Do you think Ezenwa will make it into Deportivo's B team?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 5:00pm On Oct 24, 2017
Goke7:

please after some days, let's collate all these points under different headings and probably loaded them to nff's social media pages. we can't afford another world cup failure. Ghana has been to the world cup thrice but have a quarter final finish to show for it, Senegal only once and they are quarter finalist and if this present Senegalese team qualify, they have enough quality to do well at the mundial. This is our sixth appearance and we can't just go and make up the numbers. I don't care which group we are, if senegal could do it against a Zindane led France at 2002, then why not Nigeria.
i remember the Senegal saga so well because i watched it, wished them well and they had to go out of the mundial through the golden goal rule to Turkey if i remember correctly.

they played Turkey so well that year
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 5:01pm On Oct 24, 2017
Mujtahida:

Some here are already singing the 'he not technically savvy song'. Imagine if they were at the NFF, it would be same story as before but even now the outcry from the people through social media would make them think twice. Float or sink, Rohr should take us to the World Cup and even beyond. Stability and continuity is part of the building process. Sure he has his weaknesses but he's done better than most. Even Keshi(God rest his soul) in a group that was not as tough as the one Rohr braved through and qualified with a match to spare.

Haba. Keshi's qualification process was different na. Please do not start this argument again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:03pm On Oct 24, 2017
krattoss:
couldn't have said better...although the guy dribbles but tagging him "selfish " isan overstatement. ..
If he is selfish,how them will u describe the likes of ronaldinho,neymar jnr, undecided
We love to pin tags and labels-most times unjustifiably so- on players and the technical crew. Here are a few of them
Mikel Obi - slowbie
VicMo/Simon Moses/Musa - headless Chicken
Onazi - indisciplined
VicMo - selfish
Rohr- technically not savvy
Iheanacho - tap in merchant
Akpeyi - no confidence

Etc

We must rigorously query this settled opinions to see how true they are considering that players evolve and improve and so must our views, opinions and conclusions.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 5:10pm On Oct 24, 2017
Icon4s:
Goke7 and realpoacher's posts just sparked some thing off my mind.

Can we do an x-ray of reasons for our failures in our last 5 participations?

Best way to solving a problem is actually to get to the root of the problem.

We as fans will not play for the Super Eagles in Russia. We are not part of the coaching crew. But we can make our own contributions by profiling the reasons for our 5 previous failures to go beyond the second round of the world cup.

As I have always said here, do not underestimate the contributions we make here. They go very far.
To be honest , some times, I feel Rohr and his crew get some things from here because we have seen things play out severally after we discuss them here.
Plus I know a couple of officials visit here. Eg Amuneke's U17 media officer and Siasia's late U23 media officer.

Most of us here know the history of Super Eagles participation and performances better than Rohr. So he may just learn a thing or two from us.

I expect opinions and counter opinions. All the same we can keep the discussion or arguments constructive.

To discuss this issue I need enough elders in the house as we may need to go back in time to address issues even from 1990 when Westerhof took over.
The younger generation too can equally contribute as a lot of those old games are available on YouTube.

enomakos, Kog45, forgiveness, tbaba1234, TheGoodJoe, Goldfish80, Michael2, Joseph1013, joebie, komekn, safarigirl, mujtahida, terzurum5, icon79, do4luv14, omanbala1, Chriskel, Chrisoblog, Orkpekyandega, Humility017, elyte89, Dedebanky85, soetanoreoluwa and many others.

It must not be in any order. Discuss any one you followed from 2014 to 1994.

I will keep this short.

1. Lack of a good replacement for Yekini. We relied so much on him that there was no viable replacement
2. Inexperience in the defence
3. Lack of unity. There were reports of players ganging up against each other.

1. Out of form goalkeeper. Rufai had no business being at that world cup
2. Complacency. After leading a group comprising of Spain and Bulgeria, we started talking about meeting Brazil in the Quarter finals instead of focusing on the 2nd round match against Denmark.

1. Grave inexperience on the part of the players. We disbanded the entire team going to the World Cup. Who does that?
2. Rigid coaching. Onigbinde. Awkward man. You can imagine a man that when asked why he never stands up to pass instructions to the players says there is nothing he would tell them that he has not told them in the dressing room. Cocky old-fashioned coaching.

1. Luck. We were unlucky. Keita got a red card. Yakubu failed to score an open goal. I have nothing on the coach. Lagerback is a good coach.

1. Lack of transparency in team selection. Keshi took players that had no business in the team. Uchebo, Agbim, Ameobi, Egwuekwe etc were in our world cup team. Really?
2. Because of the first point, we had no second team.
3. Poor Tactics. Or what do you call not bringing in Gabriel for Onazi instead of Azeez.

For the 2018 World Cup,
POSITIVE:
1. Good atmosphere in the team
2. Fair selections
3. Good tactics by the coach who can read games and use the available resources

NEGATIVES
1. Goalkeeping problems
2. Striking problems
3. Over reliance on Mikel

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:12pm On Oct 24, 2017
Adeyinka12:
https:///LGvNqtmjQldA8dtCCjScYI Only for Real Madrid fans

Then take this outta here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 5:13pm On Oct 24, 2017
tbaba1234:

Kayode and Onyekuru contributed nothing to qualification and are just on the fringes of the team.

How many times has Alampasu represented Feirense in the league? Zero. How many invites does he have?

No one is saying Uzoho should be number 1 or that Ezenwa should be replaced.
Are they the only ones on the fringes of the team? One of the coaches have already said they are monitoring uzoho, so na by force? If they don't get invited now they will get their chances later, but to say that their invitation will boost our chances in the wc are mere assumptions. We've had high hopes on such players in the past and our hopes were dashed into pieces

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 5:13pm On Oct 24, 2017
Mujtahida:

You know sometimes we just talk and then if it is examined it doesn't pan out with our assertion. Granted VicMo can be selfish and has been so in times past but pray examine him from the first match he featured in against Algeria to the last against Zambia and tell me how he was selfish?

Against Algeria he wanted to even pass the ball to Iheanacho but the ball struck the foot of an Algerian defender and came back to him and he slotted home.
Against Cameroon apart from scoring (initiated by Mikel to VicMo, he ran, dribbled cameroun players, passed to Simon and scored from the square play by Simon) he initiated the last goal with a flick.
Against Cameroon in the second leg I can't recall how he was selfish.
Against Zambia in the last match, his runs though were not as effective as they used to be yet he created good opportunities for Ighalo in both halves and his runs created the panic for the goal.

Sir,we are not debating whether Victor Moses is a good player or not the topic is his selfishness which everybody here knows about. When I watch soccer I pay attention to every detail. Do that and you will see how VicMo can be very selfish even at the detriment of the whole team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:15pm On Oct 24, 2017
Mickael2:

Haba. Keshi's qualification process was different na. Please do not start this argument again
Qualification process doesn't take anything from the quality of the teams faced then and the ones faced now. We were in group F with Malawi, Kenya and Namibia. We won three matches and drew three with 12 points and qualified to play two leg knock out with Ethiopia. Compare that with playing your first match away from home barely one month after qualifying, second match against an Algerian team tagged number one in Africa and it wasn't just on paper. They have good players. Against Cameroon that was the defending champions of Africa. And then you still have one match to spare. Well maybe it's down to luck.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2017
Mickael2:

Black man mentality as usual, all the foreign based keepers we have been using have won the world cup for us abi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:21pm On Oct 24, 2017
OMANBALA1:

Sir,we are not debating whether Victor Moses is a good player or not the topic is his selfishness which everybody here knows about. When I watch soccer I pay attention to every detail. Do that and you will see how VicMo can be very selfish even at the detriment of the whole team.
It is precisely on the issue of selfishness that I am making this intervention and trying to examine the conclusion that VicMo is selfish. The question is since this qualifiers began(and that's my emphasis cos he's been selfish previously) has he been selfish? I don't think so and that's why I reeled out those details. The dominant view might not always be correct.
Anyway all the players should play for the greater glory of the team sha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:25pm On Oct 24, 2017
Goke7:
Are they the only ones on the fringes of the team? One of the coaches have already said they are monitoring uzoho, so na by force? If they don't get invited now they will get their chances later, but to say that their invitation will boost our chances in the wc are mere assumptions. We've had high hopes on such players in the past and our hopes were dashed into pieces

I never said any player will boost our chances. I said we should select based on merit. As it stands, we have 14-15 players guaranteed if fit and in form. That leaves 8-9 players to fight for....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:28pm On Oct 24, 2017
Icon4s:
Goke7 and realpoacher's posts just sparked some thing off my mind.

Can we do an x-ray of reasons for our failures in our last 5 participations?

Best way to solving a problem is actually to get to the root of the problem.

We as fans will not play for the Super Eagles in Russia. We are not part of the coaching crew. But we can make our own contributions by profiling the reasons for our 5 previous failures to go beyond the second round of the world cup.

As I have always said here, do not underestimate the contributions we make here. They go very far.
To be honest , some times, I feel Rohr and his crew get some things from here because we have seen things play out severally after we discuss them here.
Plus I know a couple of officials visit here. Eg Amuneke's U17 media officer and Siasia's late U23 media officer.

Most of us here know the history of Super Eagles participation and performances better than Rohr. So he may just learn a thing or two from us.

I expect opinions and counter opinions. All the same we can keep the discussion or arguments constructive.

To discuss this issue I need enough elders in the house as we may need to go back in time to address issues even from 1990 when Westerhof took over.
The younger generation too can equally contribute as a lot of those old games are available on YouTube.

enomakos, Kog45, forgiveness, tbaba1234, TheGoodJoe, Goldfish80, Michael2, Joseph1013, joebie, komekn, safarigirl, mujtahida, terzurum5, icon79, do4luv14, omanbala1, Chriskel, Chrisoblog, Orkpekyandega, Humility017, elyte89, Dedebanky85, soetanoreoluwa and many others.

It must not be in any order. Discuss any one you followed from 2014 to 1994.

Thank you very much for bringing this topic up because this has been giving me worried heart recently. I think these lads must be educated about this issue before the world cup.

Starting with 1994 World cup

1. Disunity
2, inexperience
3, lack of concentration
4. Self glory
5. Ignorance of FIFA rules
6, indiscipline

1. Disunity: Prior to the world Cup, we heard about the disunity in the camp. It gathered momentum during the 1994 Nations cup when a player confronted some players who sneaked out of their hotels to enjoy party before matches. This cold affection was transferred into the 1994 World cup. It worsen after Yekini celebrated in the post alone without running to celebrate with other players. They presumed Yekini was taking all the glory hence the need to stop the supply of passes to him and rather place themselves in a better position to score.

2. Inexperience; One these played out against Argentina when we were leading by a goal. While we were still arranging the wall and naively waiting for the referee to blow the whistle to take a free kick after Maradona was fouled, Maradona stood up and quickly took the free kick that led to the goal.

The second was when Oliseh was supposed to balloon the ball into the stand, instead tried to control and pass the ball. That was end. The rest they say is history.

3. Lack of concentration: The equalizer scored by Baggio was due to lack of concentration btw Austin and Oliseh when Italy took the free kick or throw in while they were still arguing.

4. Self glory: like I said earlier, some of these players were only after their own glory hence the saboteur against team and National glory.

5. Ignorance of FIFA rules: The quick free kicks by Maradona and the tackle in the box 18 that led to the penalty Italy coverted to win the game is also part of it.

6. Players sneaking out to party during tournament and revolt against the NFF are act of indiscipline.

I dey come for the remaining.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:29pm On Oct 24, 2017
Icon4s:

He should go back to City and resume warming bench. At age 21? A player rated to be a " future world beater"? A player projected to be better than Nwankwo Kanu, A player that was said to be in a class of his own.

At 21: Kanu Nwankwo had won the UEFA Champions league with Ajax (at age 19), not as a bench warmer but as a strike pertner to Patrick Kliuvert. He had won the Olympic gold medal (at age 20). This was the age he was diagnosed of a heart disease while at Intermilan.

at 21: Obafemi Martins already broke into the Inter Milan senior squad. He played for inter in the final of UEFA champions league scoring in the winning goal in the semi final against AC Milan

At 21: John Utaka was painting French league one red. Emerging the highest scoring African in a league that is blessed with numerous talented Senegalese, Ivorian and Malian players. Note that Didier Drogba was also in that league at that time.

At 21, Yakubu Ayegbeni was banging in goals in Europe for Maccabi Haifa.

At 21 Victor Moses was snapped by Chelsea from Wigan where he had a blistering season.

Some of you may attack me for this analysis. But the truth must be said that Iheanacho has fallen far short of expectations. He seems to be an excess luggage at Lowly Leicester presently. He was bought only to be find out that he wasn't needed in the first place.

I feel for the boy. He may just spend one season with Leicester or end up like Musa who we often forgot is an EPL player.

Honestly too bad for him,then who should we blame for this,Iheanacho or his agent.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:36pm On Oct 24, 2017
Mickael2:

nice question...
we are on the same page...some persons talk as if...this players playing first team football for their clubs came cheap...
I read many talking of Henry and Simon the other day....
the truth is.....in same Belgian league Henry is rated higher than Simon...truth be told.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:39pm On Oct 24, 2017
Goke7:

Black man mentality as usual, all the foreign based keepers we have been using have won the world cup for us abi
neither has the home based...won mere Chan for us...

the npfl league you've been watching how many players from there can compete wit Aina, Iwobi etal...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:41pm On Oct 24, 2017
Kog45:
Honestly too bad for him,then who should we blame for this,Iheanacho or his agent.

Does the agent kick the balls for Iheanacho?

Good players go to lowly clubs and change things for the positive. They turn things around irrespective of the club's philosophy or how they play.

You recall when Austin Okocha went to Bolton? He single-handledly took them out of relegation in his first season. Iheanacho's transfer was meant to catapult Leicester back at least into the top half of the league table.

A player the club spent so much on.

Talking about the way the club plays, is it the club that will change their style of play to what suits Iheanacho or it is Iheanacho that will adjust to Leicester's style. Did he not see them play all these seasons before agreeing to terms with them?

I am just worried about his form for Nigeria. Rohr needs to do some thing fast about our striking department.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:48pm On Oct 24, 2017
Joebie:
Thanks for the submission.. were other clubs interested as well? Remember, we are speaking of lowly Brighton. oya do another assignment.

modified
lol.. owngoal reference

Unless you talk to the head of recruitment first and chairman and then the Manager. A lot of these so called bids are just newspaper talk.

Brighton is unlike most clubs in the way they go about recruitment. Do not assume its all about Chris making the decision.

I will leave it at that.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:50pm On Oct 24, 2017
forgiveness:

Thank you very much for bringing this topic up because this has been giving me worried heart recently. I think this lads must be educated about this issue before the world cup.

Starting with 1994 World cup

1. Disunity
2, inexperience
3, lack of concentration
4. Self glory
5. Ignorance of FIFA rules
6, indiscipline

1. Disunity: Prior to the world Cup, we heard about the disunity in the camp. It gathered momentum during the 1994 Nations cup when a player confronted some players who sneaked out of their hotels to enjoy party before matches. This cold affection was transferred into the 1994 World cup. It worsen after Yekini celebrated in the post alone without running to celebrate with other players. They presumed Yekini was taking all the glory hence the need to stop the supply of passes to him and rather place themselves in a better position to score.

2. Inexperience; One these played out against Argentina when we were leading by a goal. While we were still arranging the wall and naively waiting for the referee to blow the whistle to take a free kick after Maradona was fouled, Maradona stood up and quickly took the free kick that led to the goal.

The second was when Oliseh was supposed to balloon the ball into the stand, instead tried to control and pass the ball. That was end. The rest they say is history.

3. Lack of concentration: The equalizer scored by Baggio was due to lack of concentration btw Austin and Oliseh when Italy took the free kick or throw in while they were still arguing.

4. Self glory: like I said earlier, some of these players were only after their own glory hence the saboteur against team and National glory.

5. Ignorance of FIFA rules: The quick free kicks by Maradona and the tackle in the box 18 that led to the penalty Italy coverted to win the game is also part of it.

6. Players sneaking out to party during tournament and revolt against the NFF are act of indiscipline.

I dey come for the remaining.

Lack of concentration, ignorance of FIFA rules and acts of indiscipline off the pitch by players. Goke7 please add these to the compilation. Thanks bro for the write up. Expecting more.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 5:50pm On Oct 24, 2017
Humility017:

neither has the home based...won mere Chan for us...

the npfl league you've been watching how many players from there can compete wit Aina, Iwobi etal...

We are saying the same thing neither foreign or home based have been that fantastic for us in recent times apart from the 2013 afcon where both the home based and foreign based then did the magic.

So your judgement on ezenwa is faulty and have k leg. Thank God he has not been disgraced so far else he will be a dead man by now as far as you re concerned. Ezenwa did his bit just like iwobi did his own. Aina is yet to prove himself so don't be in a hurry.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:51pm On Oct 24, 2017
Icon4s:

Does the agent kick the balls for Iheanacho?

Good players go to lowly clubs and change things for the positive. They turn things around irrespective of the club's philosophy or how they play.

You recall when Austin Okocha went to Bolton? He single-handledly took them out of relegation in his first season. Iheanacho's transfer was meant to catapult Leicester back at least into the top half of the league table.

A player the club spent so much on.

Talking about the way the club plays, is it the club that will change their style of play to what suits Iheanacho or it is Iheanacho that will adjust to Leicester's style. Did he not see them play all these seasons before agreeing to terms with them?

I am just worried about his form for Nigeria. Rohr needs to do some thing fast about our striking department.

We are speaking the same language Bro.

I said this donkeys ago and was told to stop undue pressure and criticism.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:52pm On Oct 24, 2017
joseph1013:

I will keep this short.

1. Lack of a good replacement for Yekini. We relied so much on him that there was no viable replacement

2. Complacency. After leading a group comprising of Spain and Bulgeria, we started talking about meeting Brazil in the Quarter finals instead of focusing on the 2nd round match against Denmark.

1. Grave inexperience on the part of the players. We disbanded the entire team going to the World Cup. Who does that?
2. Rigid coaching. Onigbinde. Awkward man. You can imagine a man that when asked why he never stands up to pass instructions to the players says there is nothing he would tell them that he has not told them in the dressing room. Cocky old-fashioned coaching.

1. Luck. We were unlucky. Keita got a red card. Yakubu failed to score an open goal. I have nothing on the coach. Lagerback is a good coach.

1. Lack of transparency in team selection. Keshi took players that had no business in the team. Uchebo, Agbim, Ameobi, Egwuekwe etc were in our world cup team. Really?
3. Poor Tactics. Or what do you call not bringing in Gabriel for Onazi instead of Azeez.

For the 2018 World Cup,
POSITIVE:
2. Fair selections

NEGATIVES
1. Goalkeeping problems
2. Striking problems

More points for you Goke7
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 5:56pm On Oct 24, 2017
But he doesn't play like that in Chelsea na.
OMANBALA1:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:03pm On Oct 24, 2017
komekn:

We are speaking the same language Bro.

I said this donkeys ago and was told to stop undue pressure and criticism.

As if some players are free from criticism.

When Musa went to Leicester and couldn't fit in: 'It is Musa that is not good'. 'Musa has been found out'.

Now Iheanacho has gone there and could not fit in they are looking for his agent and Leicester style to blame. Some blamed Shakespeare and even celebrated his sack as though it will bring better fortunes to Iheanacho.

Chidi Nwakali could not play a single game all season at Diportivo and it was blamed on Racism. Kayode has gone there and is already winning MOTM. The club has suddenly changed from being racist.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:04pm On Oct 24, 2017
libero808:
But he doesn't play like that in Chelsea na.

Where have you been?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:05pm On Oct 24, 2017
Goke7:

We are saying the same thing neither foreign or home based have been that fantastic for us in recent times apart from the 2013 afcon where both the home based and foreign based then did the magic.

So your judgement on ezenwa is faulty and have k leg. Thank God he has not been disgraced so far else he will be a dead man by now as far as you re concerned. Ezenwa did his bit just like iwobi did his own. Aina is yet to prove himself so don't be in a hurry.
so let us allow uzoho to prove his worth...
everyone should be given a chance...
what's wrong in testing his prowess wit the Algeria match...and let ezenwa or anyone else man the post in the Argentina's match...

ajiboye will have the Chan to prove his worth too....

let the best be taken for the world cup...
there should be no sentiment towards any player just because they played a role in Nigeria's qualification...

anyone else amongst those we clamouring for...could have done that...
it's a privilege..after all they were paid match bonus...I remember the likes of ideye who played out his sweat prior the 2014 world cup...later he wasn't picked in the 24 man list...
keshi reason was...the need to score goals..

so every players should be know that....the list for the world cup....still fresh and any capable player can get their name in there...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by diportivo: 6:07pm On Oct 24, 2017
Icon4s:

When Musa went to Leicester and couldn't fit in: 'It is Musa that is not good'. 'Musa has been found out'.

Now Iheanacho has gone there and could not fit in they are looking for his agent and Leicester style to blame. Some blamed Shakespeare and even celebrated his sack as though it will bring better fortunes to Iheanacho.

Chidi Nwakali could not play a single game all season at Diportivo and it was blamed on Racism. Kayode has gone there and is already winning MOTM. The club has suddenly changed from being racist.

who dey call me

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 6:10pm On Oct 24, 2017
Solutions proffered in bold
joseph1013:

I will keep this short.

Ighalo needs a back up that can bring more to the table
Do we have defenders now that can bring their experience? Balogun is not even experienced at the international stage
This one is already taken care of. Enyeama's return should be treated with caution

Enyeama will have to fight for his shirt. No past glories, to avoid a repeat
We have a humble crew today

with continuity of the coaching crew, and a guarantee that most of the experienced boys will make the team, we are covered
haha

luck? I call it composure. This is were team psychologists come in

Our selection have been quite transparent
We still don't have a second team. We must use our friendlies to test our fringe players
They said it was Mikel o. No player should be made so big

For the 2018 World Cup,
POSITIVE:
2. Fair selections

NEGATIVES
1. Goalkeeping problems
we have options. test them
2. Striking problems
same as above
Rather, no like 4 like or solid replacement for him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:11pm On Oct 24, 2017
Icon4s:

the problem wit that nacho...is more of illiteracy...especially from his dad part .
sorry if my language is bit harsh..

the dude ought to know his style of play and the team formation that suits him...
Leicester play a complete different football from city and anyone who has eyes should know and see that...
he flourish more in a possessive/attacking kind of football

Germany or Monaco would have offer him something better....
but he choosed to mortage his talent for the selfish reason of a British passport...as if the French or the German passport is that bad...

he has bad advisers...his move was completely wrong...he found himself in a team that does not suit his style of player...
right now the only option is to adjust his style of player to suit the team tactics and play....

I feel pity for him....so a talent could man his future by engaging in wrong moves...watch how he makes a wrong move again...when leaving Leicester...

I don't bother myself anymore....it is left to him...
just praying we find a talent worthy in Paul or Dessers....since Tammy is out of reach

(1) (2) (3) ... (1888) (1889) (1890) (1891) (1892) (1893) (1894) ... (16238) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Truidstarr, Philosopher1979, USAfall2024, shawwal1(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.