Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11650443 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2186) (2187) (2188) (2189) (2190) (2191) (2192) ... (16145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:09am On Nov 21, 2017
SerVik:

How does one bench a bench warmer? As it is, Lookman barely has up to 100minutes of playing time this season in the Epl. He's got nothing on Onyekuru

Chai!!!!!!!You are not nice o!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:50am On Nov 21, 2017
EEGA:
Bro,Aina is a very good player.

A RB/RWB and not a LB or LWB.

Ebuehi played in his natural position (RB/RWB) unlike Aina who played the LWB.

Idowu who substitituted Aina is also a RB.In the match against Argentina, Idowu didn't do much going foward .He focused more on defending rather than going forward unlike Ebuehi.

The reason being that "when players are being played in a makeshift position,they can't be as good as when played in their natural position".

Aina will do well if played as a RB/RWB .

We had Ebuehi in camp when Rohr made the move to get Aina for the Cameroon game, after seeing him train with the team after the Senegal friendly.

I could recall a journalist said this during their training after the Senegal friendly in which Isaac Success was outstanding, "He (Aina) defended well against I.Success with ease,covered up for Troost-Ekong and linked up well with the attack.

The thing is we seem not to have issues with our RB. Where we need to sort out is the LB. If Aina must join the already crowded RB then one or two of Shehu, Ebuehi and Aina will not make it to Russia.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:56am On Nov 21, 2017
5 STORIES FOR NOV. 21, 2017

1. Golden Eaglets (2015 Class) forward, Orji Okonkwo pulled Bologna level with a header in the 74th minute to help them seal an away win at Verona. Final Scores: 2-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0UPLznP858&sns=tw

2. OGN reports that Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr is set to hand Joel Obi a recall to the Super Eagles for March friendlies.
3. Speculations that Kevin Akpoguma has already turned down Nigeria is premature. The former German U21 captain had revealed his connection with Nigeria in an interview conducted by FIFA back in 2015. The player attributed his athleticism and his social nature to his Nigerian heritage, and has been to Nigeria twice, as his grandparents reside in Benin City. His decision will be made known soon as Rohr is expected to put a call to the 22 year old defender in a couple days. Akpoguma can play all positions in the defense-line.
4. Emem Eduok was adjudged the MOTM with a rating of 8.24, courtesy of statistical football website, WhoScored. Emem got rave reviews after scoring Kasimpasa's winning goal away to Karabukspor. The one-cap Super Eagles forward had 3 shots on target out of an attempted four. He made 2 successful tackles and won an aerial duel. He completed 23 passes out of 29 attempted, and had a total of 57 touches for the over 90 minutes he spent on the pitch. Compatriot, Kenneth Omeruo had a WhoScored rating of 7.79 for keeping the opponent quiet all encounter.
5. If you don't already know, former Hansa Rostock forward, Victor Agali, has been appointed by Gernot Rohr as an official scout.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 6:14am On Nov 21, 2017
forgiveness:

He just won a trophy and has moved from academy straight to the Championship. From league one straight to EPL.

Is that by chance?
and what has he achieved in the epl, just one goal I think. read the match rating of their weekend's game, he had the lowest rating and was subbed off early I think at halftime or early in the second half. comparing Henry with him is bad for Henry talkless of saying he'll bench for lookman.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 6:18am On Nov 21, 2017
Joebie:

1. Golden Eaglets (2015 Class) forward, Orji Okonkwo pulled Bologna level with a header in the 74th minute to help them seal an away win at Verona. Final Scores: 2-3

2. OGN reports that Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr is set to hand Joel Obi a recall to the Super Eagles for March friendlies.
3. Speculations that Kevin Akpoguma has already turned down Nigeria is premature. The former German U21 captain revealed his connection with Nigeria in an interview conducted by FIFA back in 2015. The player attributes his athleticism and his social nature to his Nigerian heritage, and has even travelled twice to Nigeria as his grandparents reside in Benin City. His decision will be made known soon as Rohr is expected to put a call to the 22 year old defender soon. Akpoguma can play all positions in the defense-line.
4. Emem Eduok was adjudged the MOTM with a rating of 8.24, courtesy of statistical football website, WhoScored. Emem got rave reviews after scoring Kasimpasa's winning goal away to Karabukspor. The one-cap Super Eagles forward had 3 shots on target out of an attempted four. He made 2 successful tackles and won an aerial duel. He completed 23 passes out of 29 attempted, and had a total of 57 touches for the over 90 minutes he spent on the pitch. Compatriot, Kenneth Omeruo had a WhoScored rating of 7.79 for keeping the opponent quiet all encounter.
5. If you don't already know, former Hansa Rostock forward, Victor Agali, has been appointed by Gernot Rohr as an official scout.
nice one for agali, I guess he'll scout for German born players

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eseose9(f): 6:25am On Nov 21, 2017
forgiveness:

Well, I know Onyekuru can go to Everton but I don't think he can bench Ademola Lookman.

Nawah o.
So you mean Onyekuru cannot bench someone that is already chopping bench?

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eseose9(f): 6:31am On Nov 21, 2017
Eseose9:

Nawah o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Loogan(m): 6:38am On Nov 21, 2017
Kevin A. did not reject representing Nigeria.
He said he was honored by the interest by Nigeria but that he was born in Germany, grew and feels German also came up through the ranks there, that he should also play for the German NT. IMO More like sounding out to the Germans to make a move for him before Nigeria gets him, which is good.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:53am On Nov 21, 2017
Joebie:

Good one. Joel Obi might just be the missing piece in our midfield and also a possible substitute for Mikel
3. Speculations that Kevin Akpoguma has already turned down Nigeria is premature. The former German U21 captain revealed his connection with Nigeria in an interview conducted by FIFA back in 2015. The player attributes his athleticism and his social nature to his Nigerian heritage, and has even travelled twice to Nigeria as his grandparents reside in Benin City. His decision will be made known soon as Rohr is expected to put a call to the 22 year old defender soon. Akpoguma can play all positions in the defense-line.

Rohr is searching for a ball playing defender. How good are this young man's chances of playing for Germany where there's so much squad depth to the extent that Germany can field four different teams and he doesn't even get a mention? And if he decides to play for us they should let him know that his commitment lies beyond the WC ooo.
Forgiveness and komekn, make una go look for Agali number.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:56am On Nov 21, 2017
tbaba12345:

It is Forgiveness na!!!
Any FB seems to just be better in his eyes than naija born players. Soon naija born players will start shouting marginalisation.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:00am On Nov 21, 2017
I think Rohr is acutely aware of areas where the team is deficient or at least needs good subs. No need talking about the gk department. We all know that has been a problem.
I think Rohr is looking for at least three players - one ball playing defender, one midfielder and one attacker. We've been given hints as to who the defender is, Nwakali was tried out to see how he'd blend in the midfield but not sure he cut it hence the latest about Joel Obi . But no one has a clue who the attacker gon be.

This latest on Joel Obi shows that the coach wants a good team for us and to beef up where we suffer lack. Once you perform you get invited. Same trend happened with Ighalo, Onyekuru, Uzoho. All talk about bribe, corruption and nepotism are unfounded and should be hushed up.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:13am On Nov 21, 2017
See as dey wan chop me. grin

I hope dey dont misinterpret bench with better than. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:13am On Nov 21, 2017
Ok I understand you now bros.
junnyjake:

I totally understand your point, pls try to understand mine.

My first comment was "Most of them are American countries," I wasn't looking at the different individual sections of the American continent.

Just like Africa, to many out there, they don't care to know the eastern, western, northern and southern part of it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:18am On Nov 21, 2017
Mujtahida:

Good one. Joel Obi might just be the missing piece in our midfield and also a possible substitute for Mikel

Rohr is searching for a ball playing defender. How good are this young man's chances of playing for Germany where there's so much squad depth to the extent that Germany can field four different teams and he doesn't even get a mention? And if he decides to play for us they should let him know that his commitment lies beyond the WC ooo.

Forgiveness and komekn, make una go look for Agali number.

Na d pressure make am succum to public opinion. Shame and fear no gree am play Nwakali because d boy 4 disgrace and tarnish his image with perhaps poor performance
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daejoyoung: 7:19am On Nov 21, 2017
Eseose9:

Nawah o.
lol, help me ask am o. This forgiveness sometimes sha!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:24am On Nov 21, 2017
Eseose9:

Nawah o.

How many bench em don chop? grin

You can't analysis the current situation at Everton by browsing internet only.

Lookman is starting to get game time recently even before their new coach. So, chill. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 7:33am On Nov 21, 2017
Lookman better than onyekuru?
grin

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by neighy(m): 7:39am On Nov 21, 2017
jihday:
nice one for agali, I guess he'll scout for German born players
nah... more of an opposition scout FOR THE 2018 world cup.. Heard he did the same during the qualifier

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:42am On Nov 21, 2017
Mujtahida:
I think Rohr is acutely aware of areas where the team is deficient undecided or at least needs good subs. No need talking about the gk department. We all know that has been a problem.
I think Rohr is looking for at least three players - one ball playing defender, one midfielder and one attacker. We've been given hints as to who the defender is, Nwakali was tried out to see how he'd blend in the defence but not sure he cut it hence the latest about Joel Obi . But no one has a clue who the attacker gon be.

This latest on Joel Obi shows that the coach wants a good team for us and to beef up where we suffer lack. Once you perform you get invited. Same trend happened with Ighalo, Onyekuru, Uzoho. All talk about bribe, corruption and nepotism are unfounded and should be hushed up.

Nwakali did nada but e was called. Now, I call that kwurruption. grin

Kayode performed but we have seen the hand written on the wall. He does not want us to see how good he his, in other not to spoil market hence the need not play him, and when he did played him, Rohr preferred to play him out of position with 25 minutes in 3 friendlies. Smh

The last time he played him as a ST, he gave him 4 minutes and ordered his team to only defend.

Now, that is kwurruption. grin

How many games did he give Alampasu after he performed well against Fc Porto?

25 minutes only against Togo that's all before he kicked him out of the team. I know Alloy Agu is behind this.

What do we call it? Kwurruption and nepotism. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 7:55am On Nov 21, 2017
forgiveness:

Na d pressure make am succum to public opinion. Shame and fear no gree am play Nwakali because d boy 4 disgrace and tarnish his image with perhaps poor performance
the same shame and fear never make am play Kayode, Onyekwuru and Agbo for over 45 minutes in a competitive match upon how long him don de call them ba?

Just one invitation and him no play am don turn problem

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kakamorufu(m): 7:55am On Nov 21, 2017
junnyjake:
Leon Balogun Biography: Age, Profile, Club & Net Worth

360dopes

[img]https://1.bp..com/-f1fn72Xz34I/WhBq6qVxS4I/AAAAAAAAOmY/Z3nmE9JlrUYni1PBfOZCcyxsI8IyCIPCwCLcBGAs/s280/leon-balogun%2Bbiography.jpg[/img]

Born Leon Aderemi Balogun on 28th June 1988 (Age:29) in Berlin, West Germany, is a Nigerian professional defender who currently plays for 1. FSV Mainz 05.

The Super Eagles defender was born to a Nigerian father who hails from Ijebu Ode and to a German mother.
Balogun's first match for Nigeria was the friendly against Mexico in March 2014 as he was called up to replace Joseph Yobo.

He made his Bundesliga debut on 19 April 2009 for Hannover 96 in a game against Hamburger SV.

Leon Balogun net worth is said to be around $24 million dollar.
nice! Buh i think his net worth is being inflated. He can't have up to that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eseose9(f): 7:55am On Nov 21, 2017
forgiveness:

Kayode performed but we have seen the hand written on the wall. He does not want us to see how good he his, in other not to spoil market hence the need not play him, and when he did played him, Rohr preferred to play him out of position with 25 minutes in 3 friendlies. Smh

The last time he played him as a ST, he gave him 4 minutes and ordered his team to only defend.

25 minutes only against Togo that's all before he kicked him out of the team. I know Alloy Agu is behind this.

And you know all these how?
Stop accusing the coach of what you don't have concrete evidence of.Stop the imaginations abeg it is not good for your health.ThankGod Rohr is not Nigerian

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by KpagoGIN(m): 8:04am On Nov 21, 2017
Eseose9:

Nawah o.
meaning the guy has to come with is own beach cause no space.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:10am On Nov 21, 2017
junnyjake:
WHO DO NIGERIA FANS WANT IN GOAL AT THE WORLD CUP?
22:06
Goal

With Carl Ikeme out of action, who do Super Eagles supporters want to see start between the sticks in Russia?

Nigeria fans want Vincent Enyeama back between the sticks for the World Cup, with the Super Eagles centurion overwhelmingly winning a recent Goal poll.

The LOSC Lille stopper received 61 percent of the votes when we asked readers who they’d most like to see start for Nigeria next summer.

Despite overwhelmingly convincing preparation for the Russia World Cup, Gernot Rohr still has a conundrum between the sticks, where Carl Ikeme is unavailable following his diagnosis with acute leukaemia.

The Wolves No. 1 stepped into a starting role following Enyeama’s premature retirement from international duty, and his sustained absence has seen the German coach experiment with various options.

Even though he’s yet to reverse his decision, the legendary Enyeama still remains the favourite with Nigeria fans, with the majority of respondents hoping—if not praying—that he returns for next summer’s showpiece.
According to our poll, the other options don’t have much faith with Goal readers.

Wonderkid Francis Uzoho, who made his debut at half time against Argentina, is the ‘best of the rest’ according to those who answered our poll, with the Deportivo La Coruna man picking up 26 percent of the votes.

It’s telling, perhaps, that a 19-year-old with only 45 minutes of international experience garners significantly more confidence among supporters than some of the other options used by Rohr during the qualifiers.
Worryingly, incumbent No. 1 Ikechukwu

Ezenwa, who has been first-choice since Ikeme’s diagnosis, received just nine percent of the votes.

Certainly, his stock has been dented after a few nervy moments, but this demonstrates a worryingly lack of confidence in the incumbent on the part of Nigeria fans.

Elsewhere, Daniel Akpeyi’s popularity ratings are at an all-time low after his horror error against Argentina, where he was fortunate to get away without a first-half red card.

He received a miserable one percent of the votes with, by comparison, Dele Alampasu picking up three percent.

At this stage, it appears as though Akpeyi might just be lucky to make the plane, and forget about starting in Russia.

It is only in Nigeria you overlook better players in better positions for mediocre players in lowly rated leagues.

It still baffles me that Dele Aiyenugba who is the only regular goalkeeper in Europe has been overlooked for Ezenwa and co. Smh

Nepotism of the highest order is at play in this department.

Even a second or 3rd choice goalkeeper in the Portuguese league has been overlooked for long.

Dele Alampasu has never been given the chance to prove himself. Despite been invited for more than 5 friendlies, the coach only gave him 25 minutes in just 1 game and that's all but Uzoho was invited today and given the chance today.

Alloy Agu wedo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:13am On Nov 21, 2017
[quote author=Eseose9 post=62571291][/quote]

Do I need an evidence for an event that happened for my korokoro eyes? shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:14am On Nov 21, 2017
Joebie:

Good appointment for Victor Okechukwu Agali a well trusted and loyal servant to Rohr.Loyalty always pay cos Rohr was Agali former coach and they have good relationship as a coach and player,hope Agali give us the best.They job is sensitive and Agali must not behave like normal Nigeria coaches.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Petrobros: 8:22am On Nov 21, 2017
forgiveness:

I tried to ignore this post but my conscience refused.

Forgiveness, I don't know what your problem is.

You better purge your heart of tribalism so you can think freely.

Are you the only Yoruba man here? It is very obvious that your hatred for the Igbo tribe is so deep rooted.

I wonder why some people will come here and still be pretending as if forgiveness is not a tribal bigot.

You better change this attitude of yours as it will take you no where.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eseose9(f): 8:27am On Nov 21, 2017
Petrobros:

Are you the only Yoruba man here? It is very obvious that your hatred for the Igbo tribe is so deep rooted.

I wonder why some people will come here and still be pretending as if forgiveness is not a tribal bigot.

honestly it is annoying

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eseose9(f): 8:29am On Nov 21, 2017
forgiveness:

It is only in Nigeria you overlook better players in better positions for mediocre players in lowly rated leagues.

It still baffles me that Dele Aiyenugba who is the only regular goalkeeper in Europe has been overlooked for Ezenwa and co. Smh

Nepotism of the highest order is at play in this department.

Even a second or 3rd choice goalkeeper in the Portuguese league has been overlooked for long.

Dele Alampasu has never been given the chance to prove himself. Despite been invited for more than 5 friendlies, the coach only gave him 25 minutes in just 1 game and that's all but Uzoho was invited today and given the chance today.

Alloy Agu wedo.

Honestly you need to do away with this kind of reasoning. It will limit your reasoning ability and make you look immature

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 8:29am On Nov 21, 2017
Petrobros:

He is always promoting yoruba players. I thank God Rohr is not a Nigerian. He selects the best and that is why we are doing well. Forgiveness's pro yoruba antics are too obvious.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:30am On Nov 21, 2017
forgiveness:

Hogwash
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:34am On Nov 21, 2017
Petrobros:

He appears not to care about being tagged as a bigot any more.
Some of his sympathisers will still come to defend him.

We have learned to ignore. That is it.
And I have also learned to care about only reasonable posts on here.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2186) (2187) (2188) (2189) (2190) (2191) (2192) ... (16145) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amedino99(m), chrisooblog, Kog45(m), Odunayaw(m), Longneck and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.