Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,182 members, 7,845,880 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2570) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11837380 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2567) (2568) (2569) (2570) (2571) (2572) (2573) ... (16237) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 8:07pm On Jan 11, 2018
Joebie:
no you actually lost me there..

Really?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:08pm On Jan 11, 2018
realpoacher:

This is double standard down there.

It is becoming clearer by the minute where your allegiance lies.

In one minute you were caught saying we haven't played any Grade A team with a solid defense,,but when called out about Argentina, you quickly downplayed their loss to us. I bet, if we had lost that particular friendly match, your statement would have read...

"we were scoring with ease against weak opponents but when we met Grade A team with a solid defense like Argentina, we lost or we couldn't score"

Many members here have been on your case all week concerning the way you berate both our players and the SE as a whole. You have never said anything good about them, it has been from one complain to the other about them without profering a single solution to the problems you highlighted.

You see, when I make accusations against you and people like you on this thread that you guys have hidden agendas against the SE, you all feel slighted.

I mean, isn't it obvious from the way you all talk from both sides of your mouth?.... Whenever we lose or play badly, you all spring forth from wherever you are hiding at to insult our players and find fault at will. Regardless of the opposition.

But whenever we win even against a big team, you all will rather downplay our win rather than congratulate the boys. If that isn't double standards then I wonder what it is

Your type, even if we qualified for the quarter finals of the world Cup this year.., it will be either a fluke or that tournament itself is poor, or that all the teams we met gave us a leeway!

You guys are a lost cause

Your motive for being here is getting clearer by the day but God pass una

Wetin. Una day find, Una no go see angry

This guy na real goal poacher indeed oooo.... See "finishing"....

Nna mehn this thread get strong bench oooo...

I need to watch my back....

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:13pm On Jan 11, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:

And chidi Odia!

Yea and Chidi Odia
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:18pm On Jan 11, 2018
mazimee:
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has explained why he played Alex Iwobi in the goalless draw at Chelsea on Wednesday, January 10.
Iwobi played the whole 90 minutes as Arsenal held Chelsea to a goalless draw in the first leg of the League Cup semi-final.

The Nigeria international was a surprise addition to the starting XI following revelations that he partied a night before the FA Cup defeat to Nottingham Forest on Sunday, January 7.

Wenger, however, insists that he started the player because he could help the team.
“ It is one thing to punish someone individually and the second thing to punish everybody,” Wenger said after the game.
“ If I think he can help the team to win it has nothing to do with the fact that he can be punished separately and individually. ”

See Also: Arsene Wenger urges Arsenal to avenge 4-0 Anfield humiliation
Recall that Iwobi was caught partying into the early morning of Saturday, January 6 before the game against Forest.

The 21-year-old played the entire 90 minutes of the game and struggled all through.
Wenger branded his behaviour ‘unacceptable’ and revealed that the player will be fined.
“ It was not the night before the game. It was 48 hours. But it’s not acceptable, I will speak to him about it. If that is true he will be fined ,” Wenger said.

https://www.davinadiaries.com/arsenal-manager-explains-why-alex-iwobi-played-against-chelsea/
Really? Does h really need to explain that?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:29pm On Jan 11, 2018
tbaba1234:
Young african players should be educated on how to manage money. It could help prevent what has happened to Eboue and Oruma.
is this not what I was suggesting last year when someone was telling us how footballers must get SSCE before they can be considered for the age grade teams.

I specifically remember suggesting that rather than that, if someone can take this education to the streets, tell the street footballers about how contracts work and why they shouldn't sign slave contracts or anything they do not have full knowledge of, it will be for the better. Club academies should be holding classes for these things, the NFF should look into organising such sessions for players in the age grade teams.

Prepare them for their future while they are young

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:34pm On Jan 11, 2018
tbaba1234:

Some of these 419 guys can be very convincing with their narrative.

His life savings gone in an instant.. All of the hard-work.

I was wondering where Oruma was, not knowing that he is in this kind of state.

Seriously, a lot can be done to help him. I remember Aaron Lennon had a break-down but is back on his feet now.

I hope he gets some help.

So sad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 8:37pm On Jan 11, 2018
OMANBALA1:
The England that I watched against France is very technical and disciplined. In fact , I was surprised. That team will shock a lot of people who has always underrated the team because this is definitely a better England side than the last world cup. A lot of their players are in terrific form, Kane, Raheem etc. Nigeria is not gonna have it easy with the team

Statement bookmarked

Just in case we beat them

Let me see how you will downplay the English team again

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:44pm On Jan 11, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:

Lost to two set of people.. Pastor and some fake Oil contractors...

Most of this althetes need alot of education and give time to reading on financial education.. It will help them alot...

Just that we don't have good platform here in Nigeria...

What kind of education did someone like Kanu receive and he has several investments round the country.

He probably didnt just surround himself with the right set of people

A lesson to our players still in active service.

I hope his former team mates like Kanu, Okocha, Oliseh, Amuneke and co and other well meaning Nigerians can come to his rescue.

I so much love this guy. He was one of my favorite young footballers then.

God please heal him of this one. And give him a new means of livelihood.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:47pm On Jan 11, 2018
Ah ah ah... not so fast. This was not the point at all. SSCE before one features for the age grade teams? Hian! na wa oooo... I recall that discussion like yesterday. This was never the specific angle.

safarigirl:
is this not what I was suggesting last year when someone was telling us how footballers must get SSCE before they can be considered for the age grade teams.

I specifically remember suggesting that rather than that, if someone can take this education to the streets, tell the street footballers about how contracts work and why they shouldn't sign slave contracts or anything they do not have full knowledge of, it will be for the better. Club academies should be holding classes for these things, the NFF should look into organising such sessions for players in the age grade teams.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:49pm On Jan 11, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Ah ah ah... not so fast. This was not the point at all. SSCE before one features for the age grade teams? Hian! na wa oooo... I recall that discussion like yesterday. This was never the specific angle.

the angle was that the boys must pass exams in Secondary School just like what occurs in the US
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 8:51pm On Jan 11, 2018
realpoacher:

You have been making this statement for so long now it is almost turning into a song. Someone have to call you to order before it becomes a clique.

Your constant ego show boating of Epl & Championship over the Bundesliga is spurious.

The results of both Leagues from the Europa League is there for everyone to compare. When was the last time an Epl team outside the big 6 beat a German club in the Europa?... How well have English clubs performed in the Europa barring Man U who won it last season?

Now compare also how many times Bayern Munich won against the Epl big 6 each time they met in the Champions League.

I bet you don't know

Because if you knew, you wouldn't be here lieing to our face about how apart from Bayern Munich, all other clubs in the Bundesliga are below to both the second half of the Epl and even to the championship teams as well.

You might want to type your next argument with stats while I bring mine.

Tell them Oh! Also tell them that if epl were that good, how come they not winning champions league back to back? Thank God for Mourinho who qualified for UCL through back door of europa. Arsenal got whooped 5-1 home and away. Chelsea got beaten 3-0 by Roma. Man city still on their jolly ride (its a matter of time). And here somebodi go dey talk english championship better than lower half of Bundesliga. It just plainly defies reasoning.

All EPL has goin for it is the media hype and global tv. That it is the most watched league in the world does not make it the best in the world. That it is hectic to play iN EPL does not mean England will go far in the next world cup. We are here and we are watching in 9D

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:52pm On Jan 11, 2018
Berra... not the SSCE cert. abeg ooo... haba! Na when pikin for don reach 17 dey write SSCE na him he wan pass that one first to play U-17? mbanu ooo

I recall also making a case for exceptional talent.

safarigirl:
the angle was that the boys must pass exams in Secondary School just like what occurs in the US
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Magink: 8:54pm On Jan 11, 2018
Super Eagles to play Ukraine 27th of March

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:57pm On Jan 11, 2018
safarigirl:

Excellent points..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 8:57pm On Jan 11, 2018
Magink:
Is This Confirmed? Yepa! I Thought We Are To Play Serbia On 27th Of March
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:57pm On Jan 11, 2018
Magink:

Good games, Poland and Ukraine.

England and maybe a south American team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:04pm On Jan 11, 2018
tbaba1234:
Uduokhai actual quotes

"I have not been to Nigeria often yet, but I talk a lot about it with my dad, and have kinship there. That's where my roots lie, it's important to me to stay on the wire. "The Nigerian federation has already pretended to Uduokhai, the player himself holds the decision open. "Of course, the German national team is the non plus ultra in world football, but also Nigeria is well staffed. Currently, I'm really open to both sides, "
I honestly hope we can pull this off. It'd be a huge coup for Rohr

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 9:06pm On Jan 11, 2018
Magink:

Ukraine?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:08pm On Jan 11, 2018
But what is the sense in Iceland playing Indonesia and do we have any fifa free window that allow some countries play friendlies?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:11pm On Jan 11, 2018
Magink:
preparing more for the European opposition than fir Argentina?

I hope the NFF is not practicing the art of "see finish" on Argentina. We should have them in mind as well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Magink: 9:12pm On Jan 11, 2018
edi287:

I honestly hope we can pull this off. It'd be a huge coup for Rohr
more like a huge coup for the national team a good replacement for balogun and for one the future. Will give us max of 10years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 9:13pm On Jan 11, 2018
Magink:

Amaju, Amaju, Amaju
And he said we're playing a WC bound team and I was even looking at Uruguay or Chile. But all the same not bad it will prepare the lads well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:14pm On Jan 11, 2018
You don't know this because he and the players alone can decide that. If expartiates can come work in Nigeria, why not football players? It's all about the money.
tbaba1234:

And my point was that there is no incentive for the players to come..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:16pm On Jan 11, 2018
safarigirl:

I hope the NFF is not practicing the art of "see finish" on Argentina. We should have them in mind as well

I personally think a European team would be best to prepare us for Argentina. They are more like Belgium than Brazil.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 9:16pm On Jan 11, 2018
Illiteracy of our players is what is the problem. SSCE in todays world dont mean anything anymore.wherever our players find themselves they need to strive for excellence. Money isnt everything. WISDOM IS!!

Lets look at players who took to education, you will see that they still relevant. I start with Chief Segun Odegbami, Adokiye Amesiemaka is a barrister. Emenalo mike is a Masters degree holder. Oliseh too . Education is key. Unless you wanna say you are street wise, there is not much one can achieve without quality education. Education makes a difference. Do we have any idea how many of our youth footballers from China 85 that mortgaged their future away on a piece of paper just cos they were not well guided? Philip Osondu readily comes to mind. Its unfortunate this scam had to happen to one of the best to have come through our cadet teams. Really sad.

Nff needs to wade in and speak to our boys especially all these under- something boys who because of their poverty ridden background cant make quality decisions. Even the ones who make their illiterate papa the manager sef no try at all. I wont mention names.

We should ensure that as our boys dey play, dem dey get free entries and scholarships into varsities ... fully paid for Into choice universities especially the ones who dont get foreign contract and not just give them monetary rewards. That will be a sort of incentive for them. Imagine in America, once they spot a talent in a high school, they start offering them scholarship so they can sign for the schools. For those who need to watch Coach Carter to see the workings of this, please do!

As crazy as it seems, one is tempted to ask all the 10k pounds per week they were earning back then what became of it? No financial intelligence. Easy money and get rich quick schemes are the order of the day now. I am sorry to be like this but its the blatant truth.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Magink: 9:16pm On Jan 11, 2018
safarigirl:

I read where he talked about playing more Europeans and 1South American but doesn't look like it will happen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rabzy: 9:18pm On Jan 11, 2018
[quote author=realpoacher

Because if you knew, you wouldn't be here lieing to our face about how apart from Bayern Munich, all other clubs in the Bundesliga are below to both the second half of the Epl and even to the championship teams as well.

You might want to type your next argument with stats while I bring mine.

[/quote]

l have had this argument too many times with people, even if the epl is competitive it does not mean it is better than laliga where only barca and madrid wins. It just shows there is a huge unbridgeable gulf between these two teams and the rest and the gulf does not make them inferior to epl teams because the 3 to 5th placed teams can actually be as good as the top teams in epl. People say Barca or messi cant survive in the epl and i wonder why cant he. Man city is barcas younger brother and its already setting records, Silva has been messing up epl defenders for years and with peps coaching he has become glorious. Out of 5 epls mancity will win 3 if pep stays that long.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:25pm On Jan 11, 2018
Dang..so sad, but I believe all he needs is media attention and he'll be back to his feet again in no time. There is money in this country, just be popular and you will get help on time.
tbaba1234:
Tragic story, Wilson Oruma was defrauded of 1.2 billion and has suffered a relapse of an emotional breakdown.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:34pm On Jan 11, 2018
Same here, there is nothing we need to know about Argentina again that we don't know unlike the other 2 Europeans, we need to take them more seriously than Argentina.
BascoVanVeli:

I personally think a European team would be best to prepare us for Argentina. They are more like Belgium than Brazil.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 9:34pm On Jan 11, 2018
@ Kennysville

assuming i see you this night i for give you one correct wine... thumbs up for this write up. wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:36pm On Jan 11, 2018
CaptainStephen:
Don't mind them, its clearly a Nigerian mentality to acquire property as investment which looks weird to Europeans who wouldn't consider such at that age.

Most young players in big clubs are not living in apartments particularly outside London.

Seyi has a mansion too and he has played first team for Liverpool. Been on loan at several Championship clubs and is creating value for himself.as a professional player.

Adarabioyo has essentially only played youth football. It could all go wrong and he could find himself in non league in a few years time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:36pm On Jan 11, 2018
Why are you guys even having this discussion? undecided

In the world ratings of leagues it is clear that in terms of all-round quality and technical proficiency both LA liga and Bundesliga trumps the EPL. #Fact

The EPL is the third best technical proficient league in the world. NOT THE BEST.

In terms of competitiveness, it may be the most exciting becos of its drama and followership but LA liga and Bundesliga are just as powerfully competitive. So biko... hapu Sir Komekn... we know he will always hype up anything England. He is the borough King after all... wink

[quote author=rabzy post=64111361][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (2567) (2568) (2569) (2570) (2571) (2572) (2573) ... (16237) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: yemyke001(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.