Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,449 members, 7,843,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2571) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11824589 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2568) (2569) (2570) (2571) (2572) (2573) (2574) ... (16230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:38pm On Jan 11, 2018
somehow:
Same here, there is nothing we need to know about Argentina again that we don't know unlike the other 2 Europeans, we need to take them more seriously than Argentina.

Just the same way there is absolutely nothing we do not know about Messi. However, that hasn't helped anybody trying to stop him.

Food for thought.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BARAJ92(m): 9:39pm On Jan 11, 2018
komekn:

Most young players in big clubs are not living in apartments particularly outside London.

Seyi has a mansion too and he has played first team for Liverpool. Been on loan at several Championship clubs and is creating value for himself.as a professional player.

Adarabioyo has essentially only played youth football. It could all go wrong and he could find himself in non league in a few years time.

. A financially wise youth, will invest that � instead of buying a mansion, even Mourinho doesn't have a mansion in England.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:39pm On Jan 11, 2018
Thank you jare. This is exactly what I was preaching during that discussion and why it is important to combine sports with education in order to equip our young ones for quality living and quality decision making when they are older.

Thank you. This is an early contender for comment of the year. But maybe it can be comment of the month. wink

kennysville:
Illiteracy of our players is what is the problem. SSCE in todays world dont mean anything anymore.wherever our players find themselves they need to strive for excellence. Money isnt everything. WISDOM IS!!

Lets look at players who took to education, you will see that they still relevant. I start with Chief Segun Odegbami, Adokiye Amesiemaka is a barrister. Emenalo mike is a Masters degree holder. Oliseh too . Education is key. Unless you wanna say you are street wise, there is not much one can achieve without quality education. Education makes a difference. Do we have any idea how many of our youth footballers from China 85 that mortgaged their future away on a piece of paper just cos they were not well guided? Philip Osondu readily comes to mind. Its unfortunate this scam had to happen to one of the best to have come through our cadet teams. Really sad.

Nff needs to wade in and speak to our boys especially all these under- something boys who because of their poverty ridden background cant make quality decisions. Even the ones who make their illiterate papa the manager sef no try at all. I wont mention names.

We should ensure that as our boys dey play, dem dey get free entries and scholarships into varsities ... fully paid for Into choice universities especially the ones who dont get foreign contract and not just give them monetary rewards. That will be a sort of incentive for them. Imagine in America, once they spot a talent in a high school, they start offering them scholarship so they can sign for the schools. For those who need to watch Coach Carter to see the workings of this, please do!

As crazy as it seems, one is tempted to ask all the 10k pounds per week they were earning back then what became of it? No financial intelligence. Easy money and get rich quick schemes are the order of the day now. I am sorry to be like this but its the blatant truth.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:41pm On Jan 11, 2018
Liamm:
Exactly. They do not know that the net effect of their unruly criticism will be counter productive. I'm beginning to believe they're just being harsh cos Iwobi chose NIG over ENG.

Actually England at no time ever chose Iwobi. Indeed he had already played for Nigeria before he had one senior game for Arsenal.

So your proposition is without substance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:43pm On Jan 11, 2018
komekn:

Just the same way there is absolutely nothing we do not know about Messi. However, that hasn't helped anybody trying to stop him.

Food for thought.

That's just the plain truth. Argentina aren't really a team that spring surprises, we just need to play very well to beat them. The underdog called Iceland is my main worry. Croatia is a team we are almost at per with, so tact's and strength should determine who wins between us and them.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:46pm On Jan 11, 2018
So also is yours. So England never came for Iwobi abi even after playing that one game for us against DR Congo and even another days later against Cameroun during Oliseh's reign ba??

At least for once, argue or discuss with the fear of God. Bikonu!

Maybe you are just blind to all the insults this young man is receiving. Could it be down to just football reasons alone? You should check and ask yourself certain questions Sir. haba!!!

Another hate article reads that Iwobi is the worst player in the history of Arsenal (words coming from die hard English fans) and you are here saying Liamm's words are without substance but are yours substantiated too? Na wa sef...

komekn:

Actually England at no time ever chose Iwobi. Indeed he had already played for Nigeria before he had one senior game for Arsenal.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:48pm On Jan 11, 2018
BARAJ92:
. A financially wise youth, will invest that � instead of buying a mansion, even Mourinho doesn't have a mansion in England.
some people would say buying property is a form of investment, it beats buying a car
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BARAJ92(m): 10:07pm On Jan 11, 2018
safarigirl:
some people would say buying property is a form of investment, it beats buying a car
Buying a mansion to live is not an investment but a luxury, it comes with high amount of tax and expenses to maintain it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:14pm On Jan 11, 2018
BARAJ92:
Buying a mansion to live is not an investment but a luxury, it comes with high amount of tax and expenses to maintain it.
....abroad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 10:22pm On Jan 11, 2018
Magink:
Super Eagles to play Ukraine 27th of March

Where did you get this cos I seem not to see it anywhere online.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:33pm On Jan 11, 2018
nelszx:

Where did you get this cos I seem not to see it anywhere online.

ScoreNigeria reported it

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:40pm On Jan 11, 2018
kennysville:
Illiteracy of our players is what is the problem. SSCE in todays world dont mean anything anymore.wherever our players find themselves they need to strive for excellence. Money isnt everything. WISDOM IS!!

Lets look at players who took to education, you will see that they still relevant. I start with Chief Segun Odegbami, Adokiye Amesiemaka is a barrister. Emenalo mike is a Masters degree holder. Oliseh too . Education is key. Unless you wanna say you are street wise, there is not much one can achieve without quality education. Education makes a difference. Do we have any idea how many of our youth footballers from China 85 that mortgaged their future away on a piece of paper just cos they were not well guided? Philip Osondu readily comes to mind. Its unfortunate this scam had to happen to one of the best to have come through our cadet teams. Really sad.

Nff needs to wade in and speak to our boys especially all these under- something boys who because of their poverty ridden background cant make quality decisions. Even the ones who make their illiterate papa the manager sef no try at all. I wont mention names.

We should ensure that as our boys dey play, dem dey get free entries and scholarships into varsities ... fully paid for Into choice universities especially the ones who dont get foreign contract and not just give them monetary rewards. That will be a sort of incentive for them. Imagine in America, once they spot a talent in a high school, they start offering them scholarship so they can sign for the schools. For those who need to watch Coach Carter to see the workings of this, please do!

As crazy as it seems, one is tempted to ask all the 10k pounds per week they were earning back then what became of it? No financial intelligence. Easy money and get rich quick schemes are the order of the day now. I am sorry to be like this but its the blatant truth.

Boss,if u like get PHD,what happened to oruma,could have happened to anyone of us here,he was swindled, scammed,defrauded, duped,.... Not dt he invested his money on women, drugs etc,even d wisest persons gets swindled. We shld pray not to fall into deir hands grin

BTW,Managing/expansion of resources has nothing to do with education, education only plays a part

We av so many graduates out dere who can't overturn 1k into 10k,but give d same 1k to a trader on street,u will b marveled with her analysis on aw to invest d 1k to bring in 10k grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:41pm On Jan 11, 2018
realpoacher:

This is double standard down there.

It is becoming clearer by the minute where your allegiance lies.

In one minute you were caught saying we haven't played any Grade A team with a solid defense,,but when called out about Argentina, you quickly downplayed their loss to us. I bet, if we had lost that particular friendly match, your statement would have read...

"we were scoring with ease against weak opponents but when we met Grade A team with a solid defense like Argentina, we lost or we couldn't score"

Many members here have been on your case all week concerning the way you berate both our players and the SE as a whole. You have never said anything good about them, it has been from one complain to the other about them without profering a single solution to the problems you highlighted.

You see, when I make accusations against you and people like you on this thread that you guys have hidden agendas against the SE, you all feel slighted.

I mean, isn't it obvious from the way you all talk from both sides of your mouth?.... Whenever we lose or play badly, you all spring forth from wherever you are hiding at to insult our players and find fault at will. Regardless of the opposition.

But whenever we win even against a big team, you all will rather downplay our win rather than congratulate the boys. If that isn't double standards then I wonder what it is

Your type, even if we qualified for the quarter finals of the world Cup this year.., it will be either a fluke or that tournament itself is poor, or that all the teams we met gave us a leeway!

You guys are a lost cause

Your motive for being here is getting clearer by the day but God pass una

Wetin. Una day find, Una no go see angry

When did I mention that the SE haven't faced a grade A team ? If you can show me where I said such, I will apologize to you and deactivate my account.
My post was in simple, plain English at the level an elementary school pupil will understand.
Don't put words in my mouth, please. Read meticulously other people's post before you quote them.

The rest of your post is crystal clear character assassination that I will strongly warn you to desist from henceforth.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:45pm On Jan 11, 2018
goldfish80:

When did I mention that the SE haven't faced a grade A team ? If you can show me where I said such, I will apologize to you and deactivate my account.
My post was in simple, plain English at the level an elementary school pupil will understand.
Don't put words in my mouth, please. Read meticulously other people's post before you quote them.

The rest of your post is crystal clear character assassination that I will strongly warn you to desist from henceforth.

Or else u will b charged to COURT,BABA U B LAWYER grin!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:46pm On Jan 11, 2018
elyte89:

Boss,if u like get PHD,what happened to oruma,could have happened to anyone of us here,he was swindled, scammed,defrauded, duped,.... Not dt he invested his money on women, drugs etc,even d wisest persons gets swindled. We shld pray not to fall into deir hands grin

BTW,Managing/expansion of resources has nothing to do with education, education only plays a part

We av so many graduates out dere who can't overturn 1k into 10k,but give d same 1k to a trader on street,u will b marveled with her analysis on aw to invest d 1k to bring in 10k grin
being a University graduate does not necessarily make one educated, especially in the Nigerian tertiary institution. I had a room mate in 300 level who thought Britain was in America....some would call her educated.

Education means to learn, there are different types of education, one of which is formal education, most Nigerians have been brainwashed to believe that formal education is the only form of education there is, which is not true. You can only become book smart with formal education, but you're going to need more than that to survive in the world.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:49pm On Jan 11, 2018
safarigirl:
being a University graduate does not necessarily make one educated, especially in the Nigerian tertiary institution. I had a room mate in 300 level who thought Britain was in America....some would call her educated.

Education means to learn, there are different types of education, one of which is formal education, most Nigerians have been brainwashed to believe that formal education is the only form of education there is, which is not true. You can only become book smart with formal education, but you're going to need more than that to survive in the world.

Wa sere,Nice one

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 10:51pm On Jan 11, 2018
realpoacher:

Statement bookmarked

Just in case we beat them

Let me see how you will downplay the English team again

Point of correction, never did I say England will beat Nigeria. So, delete your bookmarked item. Abi you don high?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:52pm On Jan 11, 2018
komekn:

I share your concerns.

Your observations are not in dispute. But having read numerous posts by you. I will qualify it with an assumption to bring clarity. That you are highlighting that we have only one outstanding player playing in a top league that's consistent and in form. That player would be Ndidi, his age irrelevant.

However. I would bring in Victor Moses and Iwobi as playing top flight although not as consistent as Ndidi. But top performing yes.

The rest of our entire defensive line up of CB's are either playing in the backwaters of Turkey or struggling to make first team in a bottom of the league Bundesliga team that I would equate on par with an English Championship team if not lower.

We have China crew of players excluding Obagoal. And players who are not even the stand out players in thier far from highly rated leagues.

Every team that has got to the final of the World cup has had the larger % of its players playing in the top leagues of the World. In addition with a good number of World class or emerging top quality outstanding players in the team.

Considering my observations would you say that's reflective of the SE Team spirit can only get you so far but Quality will propel you Further.

In my opinion, team spirit is just one component of a successful team which can only take you thus far.....
However, team spirit in perfect fusion with hard work, talent, organization, tactics, consistency and discipline makes a winning team.
In a global event, like the world cup where teams are almost on par on the listed variables, talent and consistency becomes the tie breaker.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:53pm On Jan 11, 2018
komekn:

They tried to make him change his mind all the way in Nigeria. That seems like choosing to me.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:54pm On Jan 11, 2018
tbaba1234:
Uduokhai actual quotes

"I have not been to Nigeria often yet, but I talk a lot about it with my dad, and have kinship there. That's where my roots lie, it's important to me to stay on the wire. "The Nigerian federation has already pretended to Uduokhai, the player himself holds the decision open. "Of course, the German national team is the non plus ultra in world football, but also Nigeria is well staffed. Currently, I'm really open to both sides, "

When I broke the news of Rohr's progress in the pursuit of the German boys sometime late November last year, some people thought I made it up, while some were questioning his continuous pursuit of these boys while the pro innit boys were tagging him a nepotist who is biased with his decisions when it concerns the Germans. People like Kog45 and tbaba1234 tried to be smart, hence, tbaba1234 said Uduokhai would be a lost curse, because, out of the trio, he was the only one with a feasible German dream as he is immensely talented, many reasons were given as to why our pursuit of him was a pipe dream. I jst giggled, and ignored the various quotes because my insider never gives me fake news. U all can now c for urselves

To those pro innit boys, PLEASE which of those average innit players can boldly say he is open to playing for Nigeria? People want us to worship whack players like Adarabi just because he is a mancity prodigy, tomori etc. Though Felix is head and shoulders above those innit guys, did u all see how respectful he sounded to the GWG? No innit player as talented as Felix will admit Nigeria is an option late alone being open to playing for Nigeria

Believe it, or not Jordan and Akpoguma are seriously reconsidering their earlier stances.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 10:59pm On Jan 11, 2018
elyte89:

I hear u sir. Which side of Nigeria are u again?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:00pm On Jan 11, 2018
Odion Ighalo open to offers from Premier League clubs

Last Updated: 11/01/18 6:19pm

Sources close to Odion Ighalo have told Sky Sports News he would be willing to listen to offers from Premier League clubs.

Ighalo is currently playing in China with Changchun Yatai. He has three years left on his contract and has a £20m release clause.

We understand two Premier League clubs have made contact with the striker's representatives.

He began his career at Udinese before having loan spells at Cresena and Granada.

The Nigerian joined Watford in 2014 and scored 16 goals in 55

The 28-year-old joined Changchun last year from the Hertfordshire club for £20m.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12691/11203773/odion-ighalo-open-to-offers-from-premier-league-clubs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:01pm On Jan 11, 2018
elyte89:

Or else u will b charged to COURT,BABA U B LAWYER grin!
The guy took relish in assassinating my character just to coerce likes. Ha
I wan hire lawyer oh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:05pm On Jan 11, 2018
ChrisKels:

When I broke the news of Rohr's progress in the pursuit of the German boys sometime late November last year, some people thought I made it up, while some were questioning his continuous pursuit of these boys while the pro innit boys were tagging him a nepotist who is biased with his decisions when it concerns the Germans. People like Kog45 and tbaba1234 tried to be smart, hence, tbaba1234 said Uduokhai would be a lost curse, because, out of the trio, he was the only one with a feasible German dream as he is immensely talented, many reasons were given as to why our pursuit of him was a pipe dream. I jst giggled, and ignored the various quotes because my insider never gives me fake news. U all can now c for urselves

To those pro innit boys, PLEASE which of those average innit players can boldly say he is open to playing for Nigeria? People want us to worship whack players like Adarabi just because he is a mancity prodigy, tomori etc. Though Felix is head and shoulders above those innit guys, did u all see how respectful he sounded to the GWG? No innit player as talented as Felix will admit Nigeria is an option late alone being open to playing for Nigeria

Believe it, or not Jordan and Akpoguma are seriously reconsidering their earlier stances.

I noticed he avoided mentioning the proverbial "red carpet". Lol
Where is Tammy Abraham sef?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:15pm On Jan 11, 2018
tbaba1234:

It was not Ramon Azeez, It was Reuben Gabriel... We lost the midfield after Onazi's injury and it was just a matter of time

Rueben Gabriel had absolutely no business or bases to be playing for the SE.

It's incomprehensible that he got into the team. He was that poor prior and never had anything to offer. Well he did offer his agent his entire bonuses a good friend of some in the NFF Tony H.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:17pm On Jan 11, 2018
goldfish80:

I noticed he avoided mentioning the proverbial "red carpet". Lol
Where is Tammy Abraham sef?

Lol u rly wanna know where he is? Oya ask Icon4s, komekn, forgiveness etc grin

Lol I will never forget when u warned us against that guy. U were like "Tammy doesn't strike me as a player we need, not now, not even anytime in the future" Bros u get foresight oo

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:28pm On Jan 11, 2018
ChrisKels:

I tried to "play smart"? I said 'lost cause"?? What the hell are you talking about?

I said, Uduokhai will be difficult to get because of his potential. I also said getting him will be a real coup.

That said, he has not agreed to play for us yet. He is thinking about it.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:28pm On Jan 11, 2018
tbaba1234:

It was not Ramon Azeez, It was Reuben Gabriel... We lost the midfield after Onazi's injury and it was just a matter of time

Rueben Gabriel is definitive example of a total and complete waste man.

He played two games for Kilmarnock in 2014 before his contract was cancelled he was that poor. He some how made it into the SE. His agent was Tony Harris do I need to say anymore.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by congo4ka: 11:29pm On Jan 11, 2018
Any news about Echiejile the pensioner? angry we will replace him very soon with Idowu

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:32pm On Jan 11, 2018
goldfish80:

I was waiting for this "save" from the poacher's strike.... grin Sir Goldfish will make a good goalie y'all.... wink

1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 11:35pm On Jan 11, 2018
tbaba1234:

ScoreNigeria reported it

Thanks chief I've seen it online via scorenigeria

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:35pm On Jan 11, 2018
komekn:

Rueben Gabriel is definitive example of a total and complete waste man.

He played two games for Kilmarnock in 2014 before his contract was cancelled he was that poor. He some how made it into the SE. His agent was Tony Harris do I need to say anymore.

Sir Komekn and Tony Harris sef..... And ofcos his trademark word. grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2568) (2569) (2570) (2571) (2572) (2573) (2574) ... (16230) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes, Isahalbash(m), Truidstarr, solonnachi, maidaboi(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.