Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,128 members, 7,842,246 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2572) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11820534 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2569) (2570) (2571) (2572) (2573) (2574) (2575) ... (16226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:38pm On Jan 11, 2018
ChrisKels:

Lol u rly wanna know where he is? Oya ask Icon4s, komekn, forgiveness etc grin

Lol I will never forget when u warned us against that guy. U were like "Tammy doesn't strike me as a player we need, not now, not even anytime in the future" Bros u get foresight oo

He looked an awkward player the couple of times I watched him in the Premiership.
The hype about him was quite unreal.

Imagine the slating he would have got if he was in place of the fledging Morata in the Chelsea line up in this present form of his lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 11:44pm On Jan 11, 2018
goldfish80:

I noticed he avoided mentioning the proverbial "red carpet". Lol
Where is Tammy Abraham sef?

He's at the saloon colouring his hair ahead of their weekend game grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:48pm On Jan 11, 2018
Moses and Iwobi make the team of the league cup semi final.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 11:51pm On Jan 11, 2018
Some ex internationals come to rescue

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:55pm On Jan 11, 2018
safarigirl:
Egypt and Morocco are more Arabian than African....this your narrative is funny. The closest countries to being white just happen to be the most organised, okay

The North Africans have the advantage of being very close to the Mediterranean. The culture exchange between them and early constantinople cum European merchants left it's mark on on their socioeconomic life.
This is pretty much evident on all aspects of their lives including football.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:58pm On Jan 11, 2018
Now on an expansive scale if we wanna talk what true education really is, I will also endorse this post. I am also of the school of thought that formal education at the tertiary level should not be seen as the only form of education there is. Afterall, the richest in the world nko... How many of them boast university degrees?

But the fine line between the discussion on sports and education AND "What is true education" is this:

1. Let the young ones be exposed to formal education at primary and secondary school level in combination with football/sports as a whole to help build and prepare the soil of their young minds to take in other life lessons via any path they choose going forward postsecondary school. In secondary school also, they can be exposed early enough to money matters and financial intelligence classes to help equip them with the basics going forward.

2. True Education is gotten from all around us. Learning is the key and it can be gotten from many places. Life itself is the school and our everyday experiences are like the classrooms which help mould us. Education of the mind is bigger and more broad and beyond the four walls of universities and beyond the scope of textbooks alone.
I believe that all that is required for man to know to succeed is found more outside the university than within it. That is why for me, who is privileged to get the best of both worlds, I try to keep my learning on both fronts growing ever strong and unlimited.

But for those without university education or degrees like Gates, Dell, Ellison, Zuckerberg, etc, we also see that they acquired knowledge via other means and also rode the waves of their ideas and ingenuity to give the world even more knowledge bases to drink from. These men created even more knowledge for the world yet they never graduated from a university.
So I get all the points raised.

The balance is simple... Give the kids a choice first. Expose them to the best of both worlds in sports and education at the primary and secondary levels and include the financial seminars in that secondary curriculum for the young sports lads too. Then ofcos, after secondary school, let them decide their path. Those who wanna go pro will go pro and those who wanna do both will find a way and finally those who just want a degree to build their lives outside football will do that too.

All of life ks a school and it will be stupid to limit the education of a child to just the four walls of a man made institution. I believe that we all hace within ourselves wells of new knowledge that the world is yet to know... So why block that with only university education? wink

This is all I am saying from both sides as regards the balance I stand with.

safarigirl:
being a University graduate does not necessarily make one educated, especially in the Nigerian tertiary institution. I had a room mate in 300 level who thought Britain was in America....some would call her educated.

Education means to learn, there are different types of education, one of which is formal education, most Nigerians have been brainwashed to believe that formal education is the only form of education there is, which is not true. You can only become book smart with formal education, but you're going to need more than that to survive in the world.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:58pm On Jan 11, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

I was waiting for this "save" from the poacher's strike.... grin Sir Goldfish will make a good goalie y'all.... wink

He didn't strike a ball, he made a tackle from behind.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:59pm On Jan 11, 2018
Suck on this Ian Wright! smiley

tbaba1234:
Moses and Iwobi make the team of the league cup semi final.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:00am On Jan 12, 2018
goldfish80:

He didn't strike a ball, he made a tackle from behind.

Ahhhh... Then that should be a yellow card offence then... But the name poacher made the "strike a ball" scene more in line... Lol wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:14am On Jan 12, 2018
Hmmmmm.... very funny but it is true... lol

It is Trudy12's birthday. cheesy

She is one of the honorable members of the Notorious #SilentCrew wink

Happy Birthday Miss Trudy12. Have a beautiful and wonderful birthday weekend. smiley

You are blessed ma'am.

P.S: As a member of the #SilentCrew, well maybe I expect her to be kinda shy and possibly go into hiding too. wink No wahala grin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:23am On Jan 12, 2018
realpoacher:

You have been making this statement for so long now it is almost turning into a song. Someone have to call you to order before it becomes a clique.

Your constant ego show boating of Epl & Championship over the Bundesliga is spurious.

The results of both Leagues from the Europa League is there for everyone to compare. When was the last time an Epl team outside the big 6 beat a German club in the Europa?... How well have English clubs performed in the Europa barring Man U who won it last season?

Now compare also how many times Bayern Munich won against the Epl big 6 each time they met in the Champions League.

I bet you don't know

Because if you knew, you wouldn't be here lieing to our face about how apart from Bayern Munich, all other clubs in the Bundesliga are below to both the second half of the Epl and even to the championship teams as well.

You might want to type your next argument with stats while I bring mine.

I am somewhat bewildered you are quoting me but your comments and deductions are not underpinned from my comments.

This is a public forum and you are exposing your self.

Consider your statement in the bold and mine which is below also in blue bold. And consider what you have said and hinge your misplaced deduction on.

My opinion is that the championship is on par with the lower half if not better than the lower half of the Bundesliga.

Would it be wise for you to retract
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:28am On Jan 12, 2018
komekn:

I am somewhat bewildered you are quoting me but your comments and deductions are not underpinned from my comments.

This is a public forum and you are exposing your self.

Consider your statement in the bold and mine which is below also in blue bold. And consider what you have said and hinge your misplaced deduction on.

My opinion is that the championship is on par with the lower half if not better than the lower half of the Bundesliga.

Would it be wise for you to retract

I disagree with this..

I think the bundesliga is one of the best technical leagues in the world.

Apart from the top 6 or 7 teams in the premier league, much of the others will not do very well in Spain or Germany.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:30am On Jan 12, 2018
Funny how I just stumbled on A birthday in this big house and it is possible that several of us have been having our birthdays all done but unannounced on the thread because most of us don't know.... Awwwwwwwwwwwn...

Well... It is okay shaa. It is well. As many as I see, I just cannot help it but announce. smiley After all, we are an E-family here right? wink De rien...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:46am On Jan 12, 2018
safarigirl:
being a University graduate does not necessarily make one educated, especially in the Nigerian tertiary institution. I had a room mate in 300 level who thought Britain was in America....some would call her educated.

Education means to learn, there are different types of education, one of which is formal education, most Nigerians have been brainwashed to believe that formal education is the only form of education there is, which is not true. You can only become book smart with formal education, but you're going to need more than that to survive in the world.

I agree but disagree.

Education that is interactive, relevant application led and participatory deliberative gives competitive advantage. In addition increases personal capacity and widens ones knowledge base.

My Father is an academic and taught at UNN that's why I speak Ibo.

In my experience Of Nigerian education. The Lecturers projected themselves as infallible and unquestionable. The lecturers are small god's who require total reverence and must always be obeyed . The modus of study was more about rote memorisation that is cramming and quoting everything the lecture has delivered and never to be in contention and or contradiction with your lecturers.

I went to two Russell group universities in England. I found it shocking to call my Prof. not sir but by his first name Ryan,at the time I thought oyibo deh craze. I remember at a lecture contending and disagreeing with my lecturer. In a large 200 seat lecture theatre.

Crazy but true, he simply got up handed me the microphone and asked me to take the lecture that on this occasion I clearly knew more than him. I can never imagine that happening in Nigeria. Infact the opposite will happen you have just failed that course.

So I think formal education increases and enhances your understanding and your knowledge capacity. It is not an end in itself but a catalyst to widen your appreciations.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:51am On Jan 12, 2018
tbaba1234:

I disagree with this..

Apart from the top 6 or 7 teams in the premier league, much of the other will not do very well in Spain or Germany.

I agree that the Bundesliga is technically superior to the Championship and possibly the lower segment of the EPL

However, that technical superiority doesn't translate to superiority and dominance on the field of play.

Your final proposition is dismissed by club performances in the 201718 Champions league. In the last 16 only one Bundesliga club Bayern compared to four clubs from the EPL.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:53am On Jan 12, 2018
You keep saying the same thing over and over again. I wonder when you'll get tired of explaining things that have been long understood, but still unconvincing to me.

Let me ask you a simple question. Are you insinuating , the likes of Iorfa, Onuoha, are ahead or at par with Balogun, Ekong etc?

I'd love to see you Dream Super Eagles best XI

komekn:

I am now at total loss as to what you are trying to convey, it is muddled and you are saying everything but saying nothing specifically.

Dud you read my contribution I do not think so.

Players assessment and selection will always reflect club requirements.

You will start of with your base data which are physical attributes, speed, jump rate, strength, stamina, etc

However, for established players those stats are already reflected and established on the field of play. For instance we already know Sane, Dembele, Mbappe have blistering pace.

The other things like decision making, passing range, ball control, goal ratios, skill sets, etc, etc. will be made from game observation. either live and or video footage.

For instance I send only footage clips of individual games not a mix of games into one video because it's easily contrived otherwise.

The next thing which you call subjective but us objective in my opinion. Is CONTEXT. Playing in a lower less competitive and intense league like the Eredivisie means scoring 20 goals can not be on par with scoring 20 goals in the EPL. That's not subjective bot objective.

The Bundesliga is almost a one league team for near two decades has been dominated by one team Bayern Munich. That leaves a big gulf between Bayern and every other team in the Bundesliga.

In the EPL you do not have that gap over the past two decades there have been about 5/6 teams jostling for superiority. That's the competitive outstanding quality of the EPL.

Then consider the Championship we have teams regularly beating EPL teams in the Cup games. In this regard it's informed projection to say that once you take out Bayern Munich the and consider the lower half of the Bundesliga they are not on par with the EPL.

I take interest in English football and a perfunctory interest in European football. I did go to Germany, Spain, Belguim, Holland and Portugal to watch matches last year. But it's just now and again.

I don't have to watch every league and if I wanted too I simply do not have the time. To make myself balanced. I watched UEFA Champions league and cup competitions even the youth ones. So I am not singular and parochial in my view.

To give credence to my view I substantiated it with external authoritative reference points. So I am.not like you Self made up and self based analysis.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:55am On Jan 12, 2018
Thank you!!!

talk less of the Championship

tbaba1234:

I disagree with this..

Apart from the top 6 or 7 teams in the premier league, much of the others will not do very well in Spain or Germany.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:57am On Jan 12, 2018
ChrisKels:

When I broke the news of Rohr's progress in the pursuit of the German boys sometime late November last year, some people thought I made it up, while some were questioning his continuous pursuit of these boys while the pro innit boys were tagging him a nepotist who is biased with his decisions when it concerns the Germans. People like Kog45 and tbaba1234 tried to be smart, hence, tbaba1234 said Uduokhai would be a lost curse, because, out of the trio, he was the only one with a feasible German dream as he is immensely talented, many reasons were given as to why our pursuit of him was a pipe dream. I jst giggled, and ignored the various quotes because my insider never gives me fake news. U all can now c for urselves

To those pro innit boys, PLEASE which of those average innit players can boldly say he is open to playing for Nigeria? People want us to worship whack players like Adarabi just because he is a mancity prodigy, tomori etc. Though Felix is head and shoulders above those innit guys, did u all see how respectful he sounded to the GWG? No innit player as talented as Felix will admit Nigeria is an option late alone being open to playing for Nigeria

Believe it, or not Jordan and Akpoguma are seriously reconsidering their earlier stances.

I am not making a statement of fact but a question for open objective debate.

Are those players better than Dominic Iorfa who has been waiting for a call up while the NFF are playing hide and seek with him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:02am On Jan 12, 2018
you are actually very correct.
People with people skills, who know how to leverage their network, can go really far in life.
That's the real world for you. Being street smart which incorporates critical thinking is necessary in applied knowledge.

safarigirl:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:03am On Jan 12, 2018
YES!!!

komekn:

Are those players better than Dominic Iorfa who has been waiting for a call up while the NFF are playing hide and seek with him.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:08am On Jan 12, 2018
CAF CONGRESS APPROVES NEW FORMAT FOR CLUB COMPETITIONS
By Dennis Mabuka, Goal Kenya Editor

The decision is part of the implementation of the resolutions passed in the Football symposium held last year in Morocco

Confederation of African Football (Caf) has ratified major reforms to the continents club competitions.
The decision is part of the implementation of the resolutions passed in the Football symposium held last year in Morocco. The members proposed a change in periodicity of the competitions to run from September to May like the European format.

According to Caf, the next continental tournaments, would commence in December and end May 2019. The current calendar for the club competitions commences in February and ends in December the same year.

It is however, expected to run a full cycle by 2019, as the season would then run from September to May of the following year. This was ratified by the Executive Committee of the continent's football body, held in Casablanca, Morocco, on Wednesday.

Caf added that, the new transition would be executed with a more rigorous application of the club licensing regulations and also approved a calendar of the inter club competitions for the year 2018, with modification of the regulations and an additional draw before the quarter-finals stage.

2018 fixtures : The 2018 season will kick-off on the weekend of 9-11 February and end on December 2nd.

Preliminaries rounds of Caf CL/CC – February 9-11 and 20-21 for return leg

Round of 32 Caf CL/CC – March 6-7 and 16-18 for return leg

Round of 32 Caf CC – April 6-8 and 17-18 (this involves teams that dropped from Caf CL and teams that won their ties in Caf CC round of 32)

Group Matches:

Match day 1- May 4-6

Match day 2 – May 15-16

Match day 3 – July 17-18

Match day 4 – July 27-29

Match day 5 – August 17-19

Match day 6 – August 28-29

Quarter finals CL/CC – Sept 14-16 and 21-23 for return leg

Semi-finals – October 2-3 and 23-24 for return leg

Caf CL final – November 2-4 and 9-11 for return leg

Caf CC – November 23-25 and November 30-December 2 for return leg.

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/caf-congress-approves-new-format-for-club-competitions/o2gn1n3diyud1otvhnu3lnmnj

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:19am On Jan 12, 2018
grin

realpoacher:

You have been making this statement for so long now it is almost turning into a song. Someone have to call you to order before it becomes a clique.

Your constant ego show boating of Epl & Championship over the Bundesliga is spurious.

The results of both Leagues from the Europa League is there for everyone to compare. When was the last time an Epl team outside the big 6 beat a German club in the Europa?... How well have English clubs performed in the Europa barring Man U who won it last season?

Now compare also how many times Bayern Munich won against the Epl big 6 each time they met in the Champions League.

I bet you don't know

Because if you knew, you wouldn't be here lieing to our face about how apart from Bayern Munich, all other clubs in the Bundesliga are below to both the second half of the Epl and even to the championship teams as well.

You might want to type your next argument with stats while I bring mine.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:27am On Jan 12, 2018
haha.. "slap in the face"
This has to be sarcasm

[quote author=Magink post=64105385][/quote]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:38am On Jan 12, 2018
komekn:

lol are you serious? Iorfa that is struggling to get a starting shirt with Ipswich, ha Ipswich.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:29am On Jan 12, 2018

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 4:47am On Jan 12, 2018
kennysville:

My bruh, I feel your point but objectively or should i delicately put it as in reality, it doesnt always work like that. Victor Moses that you mentioned has been bounced around from place to place in the name of loans and for the first time in his career, he is playing week in week out in a role he never even knew he could play in. That is discovery. Asking him to do more can have great consequences on the outcome of the team. For those that appreciate Classical / Orchestra music, each instrument is assigned at a particular time to sound. Some sound all through the piece of music, others give sense of rhythm while some just give the tingle. Thats the same thing in football. The Maestro(coach) directs the play. Hence the playing according to instructions.

Comparing what moses does to that of Willian is a little off cos they dont do the same thing. They dont play the same role. The quality of Willian is not in doubt. He can dribble, score freekicks and all these are well documented for his coach to see. Hence when deciding on his game plan, the coach knows what he wants to achieve and if a player starts to do otherwise, then he is inviting the wrath of the coach. Plain and simple.

There is beauty in simplicity. Not everyone can play like messi, neymar or Mbappe. Why? Their quality is not in doubt. And so they can get away with loss of possession every now and then because of their return. Henry Onyekuru has always been bold to dribble, he played for a low level team and if thats how he gets his results and his coach likes it, then so be it. Now he plays for Anderlecht and the coach is complaining that he dribbles too much and cannot play as a 9. You see where I am getting at?

Bottomline of what we saying here has more to do with ability to play to instructions. Thats maturity and discipline. If Moses wants to play his own stunts at club level, then he should switch to maybe a low level club where they wont mind if he dribbles the whole team. Unfortunately, he bacame a lot popular recently by reason of being a wingback. And sadly, that is how he will always be seen goin forward, especially in England.

Agreed but vicMoc was given d freedom to attack, y is beatn a defender a problem to him cos I don't tink Conte wud hv told him not to do that. Of course u follow coaches instructions, but you can't do that 100%.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:48am On Jan 12, 2018
komekn:

I agree but disagree.

Education that is interactive, relevant application led and participatory deliberative gives competitive advantage. In addition increases personal capacity and widens ones knowledge base.

My Father is an academic and taught at UNN that's why I speak Ibo.

In my experience Of Nigerian education. The Lecturers projected themselves as infallible and unquestionable. The lecturers are small god's who require total reverence and must always be obeyed . The modus of study was more about rote memorisation that is cramming and quoting everything the lecture has delivered and never to be in contention and or contradiction with your lecturers.

I went to two Russell group universities in England. I found it shocking to call my Prof. not sir but by his first name Ryan,at the time I thought oyibo deh craze. I remember at a lecture contending and disagreeing with my lecturer. In a large 200 seat lecture theatre.

Crazy but true, he simply got up handed me the microphone and asked me to take the lecture that on this occasion I clearly knew more than him. I can never imagine that happening in Nigeria. Infact the opposite will happen you have just failed that course.

So I think formal education increases and enhances your understanding and your knowledge capacity. It is not an end in itself but a catalyst to widen your appreciations.

I share in your view bro.

I have had to be a student of Nigerian lecturers (my first two degrees)And American lectures. Man, the difference is clear.

You are very right about the issue of name calling. I had a professor during my M.Sc. If you tell him good morning Sir he can embarrass you. You have to tell him "good morning Prof". Same goes for when you want to call his attention in Class. While that is not the same for those in the US.

Most Nigerian lecturers mystify their courses and want you to fail so they will be highly feared. But reverse is the case abroad.

A Nigerian lecturer will be boasting of a note he has been using for over 20years , that he has raised professors from it. Nothing has changed for him, when new knowledge is evolving everyday.

I intend going back to the classroom later in life. And I am going to change a lot of things.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:07am On Jan 12, 2018
elyte89:

Boss,if u like get PHD,what happened to oruma,could have happened to anyone of us here,he was swindled, scammed,defrauded, duped,.... Not dt he invested his money on women, drugs etc,even d wisest persons gets swindled. We shld pray not to fall into deir hands grin

BTW,Managing/expansion of resources has nothing to do with education, education only plays a part

We av so many graduates out dere who can't overturn 1k into 10k,but give d same 1k to a trader on street,u will b marveled with her analysis on aw to invest d 1k to bring in 10k grin

I know of expatriates who work and worked in top oil companies, who had top quality education and still got duped millions of dollars.

Oruma did good for himself as a footballer. Was able to save over a billion naira. That shows he was wise in his money management as a footballer. Contrary to the negative reports we got during his young days. He grew up and managed himself better.

Wilson "my number 10" Oruma should stop the self pity. His brothers, Dominique, Peter and Paul should stick close to their Big brother and give him the confidence he can do it again.

Start a football agency in his town, Benin, pick some young children, 5-6 special talents, train them and carry them to Europe to join academies. With time these kids will bring in money to him and he continues the cycle.

Oruma Should Remember He Is A Football Man.

Pray for the best for my number 10.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:51am On Jan 12, 2018
Icon4s:

I have had to be a student of Nigerian lectures (my first two degrees)And American lectures. Man, the difference is clear.

You are very right about the issue of name calling. I had a professor during my M.Sc. If you tell him good morning Sir he can embarrass you. You have to tell him "good morning Prof". Same goes for when you want to call his attention in Class. While that is not the same for those in the US.

Most Nigerian lecturers mystify their courses and want you to fail so they will be highly feared. But reverse is the case abroad.

A Nigerian lecturer will be boasting of a note he has been using for over 20years , that he has raised professors from it. Nothing has changed for him, when new knowledge is evolving everyday.

I intend going back to the classroom later in life. And I am going to change a lot of things.

I feel the education, players need is how to protect themselves when signing contracts abroad, options on what to do when the career is over and where to find resources to help them live productive lives after their careers are over.. Financial education is also critical. LMC can organize seminars for players in the league so that they are equipped when they travel abroad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:03am On Jan 12, 2018
Exactly what I detest most. I go out to the US and see brand new knowledge only to come home to Nigeria and see bunch of mediocres still hanging on to knowledge taught light years ago. They don't realise the world has moved on. Pathetic I tell you!

Icon4s:

I have had to be a student of Nigerian lectures (my first two degrees)And American lectures. Man, the difference is clear.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:04am On Jan 12, 2018
grin
Even Scotland sef!

TheSuperNerd:
Why are you guys even having this discussion? undecided

In the world ratings of leagues it is clear that in terms of all-round quality and technical proficiency both LA liga and Bundesliga trumps the EPL. #Fact

The EPL is the third best technical proficient league in the world. NOT THE BEST.

In terms of competitiveness, it may be the most exciting becos of its drama and followership but LA liga and Bundesliga are just as powerfully competitive. So biko... hapu Sir Komekn... we know he will always hype up anything England. He is the borough King after all... wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (2569) (2570) (2571) (2572) (2573) (2574) (2575) ... (16226) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AndSunGorilla, Christology(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.