Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2901) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11662418 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2898) (2899) (2900) (2901) (2902) (2903) (2904) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 5:02pm On Feb 26, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Why tag the open screening sessions that has been successful in unearthing rare gems for the country controversial? Also, I hope Manu Garba still carries out open sessions later. I believe in that system.
there is a no before the controversial
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:16pm On Feb 26, 2018
Mujtahida:

I agree without hesitation.
grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:19pm On Feb 26, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

I said this to someone recently, Moses is becoming more of a full back than winger. It is great for Chelsea but I'm not so sure about the Super Eagles
Yes you are right but Moses i saw against Man utd need to work on his final delivery,anytime around man u box he lost idea,so i don't see him as a full back in eagles with availability of Shehu,Aina,Ebuhei and Idowu.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:22pm On Feb 26, 2018
Icon4s:

Does anybody have the video highlights of the game?
icon4s and issue of Nigeria WC keeper na 5 & 6.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:29pm On Feb 26, 2018
100 pages to go till Page 3000..... cheesy

107 days 22 hours 30mins to Russia 2018.... grin

Be like say we go hammer 3500 or far beyond before Russia? The friendlies will make it possible.....

Looking ahead shaa.... It is football season....

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:37pm On Feb 26, 2018
Kog45:

....... This is true only when he is not solving Jersey-matics..... grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:39pm On Feb 26, 2018
Icon4s:

Does anybody have the video highlights of the game?

It will be available after a few days
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:40pm On Feb 26, 2018
Icon79:
Again, I will agree. But saying it and proving it are two different things. As midfielder, Joel Obi is not in the mold of Yaya Toure or Michael Essien, in their primes. He tends to keep his game simple. Hence, I can understand if Rohr decides to overlook him because he'd feel that he isn't losing anything by not inviting him. It's similar to the same problem Obi Mikel had at Chelsea. It takes a technically astute coach, like Guus Hiddink, to really figure out the difference such players make in a team.

O pari

Thank you O pari master, i watched Joel closely this season and i want to say not the same Joel Obi than bursted into the scene with great expectations,no thanks to incessant injuries.

I think making the team would not be easy as some people thought,he would need to come to camp and show serious zeal and determination to displace the likes of Ogu and Etebo cos Mikel,Onazi and Ndidi no go area.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:52pm On Feb 26, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

....... This is true only when he is not solving Jersey-matics..... grin

Haha stop it or council of elders would summons you,our President believe we are not going for fashion show but football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:54pm On Feb 26, 2018
Dutch Pundit Praises Ebuehi: He Played Kluivert Completely Out Of The Game

Respected Dutch pundit Henk Spaan has praised the performance of Tyronne Ebuehi in ADO Den Haag's goalless draw with Ajax Amsterdam in the Dutch Eredivisie on Sunday.
In a personal duel with one of most exciting teenagers in the
Netherlands, the Nigeria international made the much-coveted left winger Justin Kluivert ineffective and he had to be replaced in the 85th minute.

''Justin today played against a right back (Tyronne Ebuehi) who goes to Benfica at the end of the season,'' Spaan said in a television program on Ziggo Sport.

''He played him completely out of the game. According to himself and his agent, this is a level at which he should act ..."

Against Ajax Amsterdam, Ebuehi touched the ball 64 times, made 33 passes with a passing accuracy of 72.7 percent and conceded no fouls

The 22-year-old right-back played his 78th game in all competitions against the capital outfit.

**Igho Kingsley

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26744

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 107 days 22 hours 5mins to go

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:55pm On Feb 26, 2018
Kog45:
Oga icon4s i think some people see it as a sin to be in NPFL for so long even if the player is damn good.

Pls check out Sunday Rotimi,do we say Akpeyi,Ezenwa and Ajiboye are better than him?NO but if Rohr call him,the first question that would be on people's lips is age forgetting that he is a solid keeper with experience of NPFL and European football.

I think we need more update on truly young players in NPFL league so that even if they spent 4 years in the league nobody would cry foul when they are call to national team.

And the only means of un-earthing these young NPFL players is the U20.

I personally do not rate NPFL players who are 25 and above. But I rate highly NPFL players who are U20.

Was it not Manu that threw away Karo Etebor and Junior Ajayi from his U20 selection probably because they were NPFL players.Thank God Siasia considered them for the U23. With the exception of Simon, Etebor even got a Super Eagles call before any other of those Manu 20 boys. Can you look at Etebor tand Ajayi today and not say they are good products of the NPFL? Same goes for Kingsley Sokari.

Was the young Shehu Abdulahi in 2014 not in the NPFL?

We should not select NPFL players for the U20 so we should go pack armatures from the academies to play the U20?
Mtcheew.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:59pm On Feb 26, 2018
Kog45:

Sebi we have seen a lot for Akpeyi, Ezenwa and of late Ajiboye. Let us also see Uzoho naa. Abi that one bad again? Hahaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:05pm On Feb 26, 2018
Icon4s:

Sebi we have seen a lot for Akpeyi, Ezenwa and of late Ajiboye. Let us also see Uzoho naa. Abi that one bad again? Hahaha
I think Poland friendly should be a real test.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:05pm On Feb 26, 2018
Icon4s:

And the only means of un-earthing these young NPFL players is the U20.

I personally do not rate NPFL players who are 25 and above. But I rate highly NPFL players who are U20.

Was it not Manu that threw away Karo Etebor and Junior Ajayi from his U20 selection probably because they were NPFL players.Thank God Siasia considered them for the U23. With the exception of Simon, Etebor even got a Super Eagles call before any other of those Manu 20 boys. Can you look at Etebor tand Ajayi today and not say they are good products of the NPFL? Same goes for Kingsley Sokari.

Was the young Shehu Abdulahi in 2014 not in the NPFL?

We should not select NPFL players for the U20 so we should go pack armatures from the academies to play the U20?
Mtcheew.

Manu didn't throw them away, at least not because they were NPFL players. Remember Sokari played a big role in the world cup and at the AYC we had Nwobodo, Ojo and Pyagbara who were all NPFL players at the time.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:08pm On Feb 26, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Dutch Pundit Praises Ebuehi: He Played Kluivert Completely Out Of The Game

Respected Dutch pundit Henk Spaan has praised the performance of Tyronne Ebuehi in ADO Den Haag's goalless draw with Ajax Amsterdam in the Dutch Eredivisie on Sunday.
In a personal duel with one of most exciting teenagers in the
Netherlands, the Nigeria international made the much-coveted left winger Justin Kluivert ineffective and he had to be replaced in the 85th minute.

''Justin today played against a right back (Tyronne Ebuehi) who goes to Benfica at the end of the season,'' Spaan said in a television program on Ziggo Sport.

''He played him completely out of the game. According to himself and his agent, this is a level at which he should act ..."

Against Ajax Amsterdam, Ebuehi touched the ball 64 times, made 33 passes with a passing accuracy of 72.7 percent and conceded no fouls

The 22-year-old right-back played his 78th game in all competitions against the capital outfit.

**Igho Kingsley

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26744

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 107 days 22 hours 5mins to go

Baby faced assassin.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:09pm On Feb 26, 2018
Kog45:
Haha stop it or council of elders would summons you, our President believe we are not going for fashion show but football.

You won't find me.... Looollll

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:11pm On Feb 26, 2018
Kog45:
Haha stop it or council of elders would summons you,our President believe we are not going for fashion show but football.

You dey mind TheSuperNerd, na him go Fes begin dey fantasize about the Jersey

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:15pm On Feb 26, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Manu didn't throw them away, at least not because they were NPFL players. Remember Sokari played a big role in the world cup and at the AYC we had Nwobodo, Ojo and Pyagbara who were all NPFL players at the time.

What do you mean by Manu did not throw Etebor and Ajayi away? Were they part of Manu's team after the screening?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:17pm On Feb 26, 2018
Kog45:
I think Poland friendly should be a real test.

Let us even see that video where he conceded 2 goals and start knowing his weakness.

The Poland game is a friendly. It may not be as competitive as we have anticipated.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:18pm On Feb 26, 2018
Mujtahida:

Forget about who was in the squad. That's lame. You didn't consider who was in Man City when Iheanacho was finding it hard to get game time. Squad quality affects but ultimately it's not an excuse. Those who were playing didn't come from the moon.

These were World cup winners tried, tested and proven at th highest level. Thierry only spent one season there and even scored
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:19pm On Feb 26, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

You won't find me.... Looollll
No be you dey for that corner.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:19pm On Feb 26, 2018
Icon4s:

What do you mean by Manu did not throw Etebor and Ajayi away? Were they part of Manu's team after the screening?

Unfortunately, coaches get too attached to their boys that it is difficult for others to break in.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:20pm On Feb 26, 2018
tbaba1234:

I think, this way we avoid losing too many players close to playing a game.

With open screening, you increase the number of overage that get in. And they are more likely to fail MRI.

I understand exactly where you are coming from because nobody wants to hear that so and so players failed the test right before a big match. I feel the NFF should take steps to curve this issue because I didn't find what happened to the last U17 funny at all.
But the fact is that until they do the MRI everybody is a suspect. Shutting down open trials is not the answer, even Victor Osimhen made the U17 team from an open screening
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:22pm On Feb 26, 2018
Icon4s:

You dey mind TheSuperNerd, na him go Fes begin dey fantasize

I have a dream.... A dream.... I say a dream.... A very big dream....that The Super Eagles shall soar over Poland and Lewandowski shall ask for Uzoho's jersey after seeing the young lad make many world class saves from the big striker....
Ohhhhh..... I also see Serbia score a goal but they shall not win the war.... I see Matic being overran by The class of Mikel.... He is overran so much that he literally begs for Mikel's jersey.... Ohhhhh.... This is lovely....

Can't wait to see our boys banging in goals in these jerseys mehn.... grin cheesy

Even Raheem Sterling knows their own white sucks and has his eyes fixed on Iwobi's new Nigerian class Jersey.... grin

Deal with it Dad.... wink

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:22pm On Feb 26, 2018
Icon4s:

Let us even see that video where he conceded 2 goals and start knowing his weakness.

The Poland game is a friendly. It may not be as competitive as we have anticipated.
....but the clips you want to watch is a division three match.I think Poland friendly should be a good match to access the young man.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:26pm On Feb 26, 2018
Icon4s:

What kind of screening could you be talking about? We are talking about players who were already part of Samson Siasia's U23s. They didn't even play the Super 6 because they were with the u23 team A in Algeria. Siasia at that time was even vocal about players playing for too many national teams.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:26pm On Feb 26, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Thank God that you even mentioned those home based players. Imagine if Manu had left them out because they were NPFL players and stuck solely with his U17 winning team. That is why I still blame Amuneke for the last U20 disappointment. Manu knows better in that aspect.

Imagine if a player like Etebor had played in that 2nd round lose to Germany at the 2015 U20. He is a player that can dismantle any opposition at that age level. If he did so at U23 is it now U20?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:27pm On Feb 26, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

I understand exactly where you are coming from because nobody wants to hear that so and so players failed the test right before a big match. I feel the NFF should take steps to curve this issue because I didn't find what happened to the last U17 funny at all.
But the fact is that until they do the MRI everybody is a suspect. Shutting down open trials is not the answer, even Victor Osimhen made the U17 team from an open screening

They need to do MRI on time. They did it too late the last time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:31pm On Feb 26, 2018
Icon4s:

I can get clips of games where he conceded goals
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:32pm On Feb 26, 2018
Kog45:
No be you dey for that corner.

Me.... No... You must be mistaken... I no dey do one corner.... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:34pm On Feb 26, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

What kind of screening could you be talking about? We are talking about players who were already part of Samson Siasia's U23s. They didn't even play the Super 6 because they were with the u23 team A in Algeria. Siasia at that time was even vocal about players playing for too many national teams.

That U23 team was formed late in 2014 remember. Alex Iwobi even came for screening.

But the U20 screening took place early in 2014. Just about this time of the year.

Etebor and Ajayi were part of that U20 screening process. They were dropped and were later in the year picked by the U23 handlers.

By the time that Super 6 was played the Flying Eagles had already finished playing their AYC qualifiers. They were preparing for the AYC.

Manu Garba dropped Junior Ajayi and Karo Etebor from his team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:38pm On Feb 26, 2018
tbaba1234:

Unfortunately, coaches get too attached to their boys that it is difficult for others to break in.

And that is what finished Amuneke's U20 team.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2898) (2899) (2900) (2901) (2902) (2903) (2904) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Joezinho and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.