Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2902) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11659525 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2899) (2900) (2901) (2902) (2903) (2904) (2905) ... (16149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:41pm On Feb 26, 2018
Another feather on Gernot Rohr's red cap.

O pari

TheSuperNerd:
Dutch Pundit Praises Ebuehi: He Played Kluivert Completely Out Of The Game

Respected Dutch pundit Henk Spaan has praised the performance of Tyronne Ebuehi in ADO Den Haag's goalless draw with Ajax Amsterdam in the Dutch Eredivisie on Sunday.
In a personal duel with one of most exciting teenagers in the
Netherlands, the Nigeria international made the much-coveted left winger Justin Kluivert ineffective and he had to be replaced in the 85th minute.

''Justin today played against a right back (Tyronne Ebuehi) who goes to Benfica at the end of the season,'' Spaan said in a television program on Ziggo Sport.

''He played him completely out of the game. According to himself and his agent, this is a level at which he should act ..."

Against Ajax Amsterdam, Ebuehi touched the ball 64 times, made 33 passes with a passing accuracy of 72.7 percent and conceded no fouls

The 22-year-old right-back played his 78th game in all competitions against the capital outfit.

**Igho Kingsley

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26744

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 107 days 22 hours 5mins to go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:43pm On Feb 26, 2018
tbaba1234:

I can get clips of games where he conceded goals
OK, Good. And also some of the ones he made good saves and kept clean sheets
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:43pm On Feb 26, 2018
tbaba1234:

Chief Icon4s will be pleased to hear this.... smiley

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:44pm On Feb 26, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

I have a dream.... A dream.... I say a dream.... A very big dream....that The Super Eagles shall soar over Poland and Lewandowski shall ask for Uzoho's jersey after seeing the young lad make many world class saves from the big striker....
Ohhhhh..... I also see Serbia score a goal but they shall not win the war.... I see Matic being overran by The class of Mikel.... He is overran so much that he literally begs for Mikel's jersey.... Ohhhhh.... This is lovely....

Can't wait to seel our boys banging in goals in these jerseys mehn.... grin cheesy

Even Raheem Sterling knows their own white sucks and has his eyes fixed on Iwobi's new Nigerian class Jersey.... grin

Deal with it Dad.... wink

Just passing.

No jerseymatics lessons for you today.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:49pm On Feb 26, 2018
Baba, pls tag me on the post when you do.

O pari

tbaba1234:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:50pm On Feb 26, 2018
Icon4s:

Just passing.

No jerseymatics lessons for you today.

O pe ooooo!!!!!

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:50pm On Feb 26, 2018
This guy's face sha

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:50pm On Feb 26, 2018
Seriously, does Francis Uzoho really look 19

O pari

TheSuperNerd:

Chief Icon4s will be pleased to hear this.... smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:00pm On Feb 26, 2018
Icon79:

O pari

I was 17 when i entered University. I looked like a toddler but i had classmates with fully grown beards who looked way older than i looked. Many of them were my age-mates or just a year or two older.

He passed an MRI which shows that he is certainly a young boy.

Valmir Berisha at under 17 looked like a 25 year old but no one doubts his age because they have records.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:00pm On Feb 26, 2018
Icon79:

O pari

Some young lads just have this solid and somewhat acromegalic look.... Natural for some shaa.... So uhmmm.... Yeah...

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:04pm On Feb 26, 2018
Make sense sha. It's often difficult to prove someone's age by looks alone, that's why I tend to steer clear of our resident ageologists grin

And by the way, Nerdie, how are your two friends: CongaF and P****P? I haven't see either one of them around lately grin

O pari

TheSuperNerd:

Some young lads just have this solid and somewhat acromegalic look.... Natural for some shaa.... So uhmmm.... Yeah...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:04pm On Feb 26, 2018
Icon79:

O pari

Cast your mind back to that Francis Uzoho of 2013 U17. For there-in lies the answer.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:07pm On Feb 26, 2018
Unfortunately, I didn't knew him then sad
it don tay since I stopped watching age grade tournaments except for the U-23.

O pari

Icon4s:

Cast your mind back to that Francis Uzoho of 2013 U17. For there-in lies the answer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:08pm On Feb 26, 2018
Icon79:
Unfortunately, I didn't knew him then sad it don tay since I stopped watching age grade tournaments except for the U-23.

O pari
O pari

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:17pm On Feb 26, 2018
Icon79:
Make sense sha. It's often difficult to prove someone's age by looks alone, that's why I tend to steer clear of our resident ageologists grin

And by the way, Nerdie, how are your two friends: CongaF and P****P? I haven't see either one of them around lately grin

O pari

I didn't realise they were already in the "friends" circle.... But I trust they are fine and busy too.... grin Probably they just cooling off till the Poland game... wink Waiting for moments like this again....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:17pm On Feb 26, 2018
tbaba1234:

I think, this way we avoid losing too many players close to playing a game.

With open screening, you increase the number of overage that get in. And they are more likely to fail MRI.

We also get to lose a lot of quality proper age talents without the open screening. I think this is a first stage of assembling a team for the coming games. Then later a proper screening process will take place.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:18pm On Feb 26, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Someone like Moses Eneji, I never really saw him at the WAFU tourney because the only part of the tournament I watched was from that moment in the final when Ghana scored their first goal. No Nigerian station showed the competition except the final.

The first time I really saw him was in that CHAN final against Morocco. At my first glance of him, the commentator mentioned he was 18years old. And I was like "for real"?. But after a closer look at his face I saw that boyness on his face. You know some kids just keep beards just to look like their elder brother's mates.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:29pm On Feb 26, 2018
Moses in GWG has always been himself. No be today he start to play as RWB for Chelsea. He is given a free role in the national team, and he does that very well.

Modified.
If anything, it’s adding more strength to his game. He is losing nothing.

BascoVanVeli:

I said this to someone recently, Moses is becoming more of a full back than winger. It is great for Chelsea but I'm not so sure about the Super Eagles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:30pm On Feb 26, 2018
Icon4s:

Someone like Moses Eneji, I never really saw him at the WAFU tourney because the only part of the tournament I watched was from that moment in the final when Ghana scored their first goal. No Nigerian station showed the competition except the final.

The first time I really saw him was in that CHAN final against Morocco. At my first glance of him, the commentator mentioned he was 18years old. And I was like "for real"?. But after a closer look at his face I saw that boyness on his face. You know some kids just keep beards just to look like their elder brother's mates.
hahaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:31pm On Feb 26, 2018
Icon4s:

Bros Peter Eneji 18 years old? Francis Uzoho 19 years old?oga icon4s pls let's move on before guys turn this to serious debate o.

I was with Uzoho and co at UAE 2013 and i can say they are young but i cannot ascertain their true ages.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 7:31pm On Feb 26, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

I said this to someone recently, Moses is becoming more of a full back than winger. It is great for Chelsea but I'm not so sure about the Super Eagles

Noticed this too.

Although, some wing backs have adapted their games such that they offer more going forward. E.g. Alex Sandro of Juventus.

He needs to improve on his passing and crossing so that he doesn't become a liability in our attack at the WC.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:34pm On Feb 26, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Respected Dutch pundit Henk Spaan has praised the performance of Tyronne Ebuehi in ADO Den Haag's goalless draw with Ajax Amsterdam in the Dutch Eredivisie on Sunday.
Netherlands, the Nigeria international made the much-coveted left winger Justin Kluivert ineffective and he had to be replaced in the 85th minute

''Justin today played against a right back (Tyronne Ebuehi) who goes to Benfica at the end of the season,'' Spaan said in a television program on Ziggo Sport.

''He played him completely out of the game. According to himself and his agent, this is a level at which he should act ..."

Against Ajax Amsterdam, Ebuehi touched the ball 64 times, made 33 passes with a passing accuracy of 72.7 percent and conceded no fouls

The 22-year-old right-back played his 78th game in all competitions against the capital outfit.

**Igho Kingsley

Please ooo my people, I am an Ebuehi fan but let's look at this from a footballing angle without sentiments of age or experience but ability.
This boy might prove more sturdy defensively and sharper offensively than Shehu ooo. Read the bolded. That's exactly what he did to Angel Di Maria. Currently he is among the best 3 RB in the Eredivisie.

Tbaba1234 what do you think? Your thoughts please. Oga Icon4s, Kog45 make una look am ooo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 26, 2018
according to reports, we should be expecting frendlies lost before the end of the week.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:37pm On Feb 26, 2018
Icon79:

O pari

Mehn absolutely love your coinage of the word 'ageologist'

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:39pm On Feb 26, 2018
Mujtahida:

Please ooo my people, I am an Ebuehi fan but let's look at this from a footballing angle without sentiments of age or experience but ability.
This boy might prove more sturdy defensively and sharper offensively than Shehu ooo. Read the bolded. That's exactly what he did to Angel Di Maria. Currently he is among the best 3 RB in the Eredivisie.

Tbaba1234 what do you think? Your thoughts please. Oga Icon4s, Kog45 make una look am ooo

Like i said before, after the friendlies, i expect Ebuehi to push himself to number 1 right back.

The guy is improving each day.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:41pm On Feb 26, 2018
Icon4s:

Are you saying you don't know there are a lot of 15 -17 years olds currently playing in the NPFL?

Two notable clubs: MFM and Kano Pillars.

I am also sure you know the 15 years old Nur of Elkanemi.

2 years from now, will those boys still not qualify for to play the U20?

okay....
I pray everything turned out good....
it will be better....if players are picked not only from the NPFL also...but also academics, nationwide league and some foreign groomed like maduka and deji....

there should be an open screening .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:42pm On Feb 26, 2018
krattoss:
according to reports, we should be expecting frendlies lost before the end of the week.
I don't get...please explain further.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:46pm On Feb 26, 2018
tbaba1234:

Like i said before, after the friendlies, i expect Ebuehi to push himself to number 1 right back.

The guy is improving each day.
Just one more chance and that boy will lock down that RB. He offers more going forward and never slacks in his primary role.

And he's quite hungry. WC hunger. All of them are dreaming of the WC. I read what KC image agent said about him(Nacho) dreaming of the WC finals. Looks improbable but it's a good dream. Aim for the stars if you miss them you'd at least land on the moon.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 7:53pm On Feb 26, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Netherlands, the Nigeria international made the much-coveted left winger Justin Kluivert ineffective and he had to be replaced in the 85th minute.

**Igho Kingsley

The thought of what this young man will do to some big name players at the World Cup just dey make me happy grin grin and how some big clubs will come knocking for his signature wink wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:54pm On Feb 26, 2018
Ebuehi with a new hair-do, defending a teammate.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:55pm On Feb 26, 2018
Mujtahida:

Honestly if we want to base it on club performance so far the guy look solid.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:02pm On Feb 26, 2018
Kog45:
Honestly if we want to base it on club performance so far the guy look solid.
Exactly. But regardless I think it's a good thing that we have solid RB in him and Shehu.

Ehen baba Kog45, I wanted to chip in something regarding Vicmo. If there's one thing that is seriously, I mean seriously lacking in this team is crossing of the ball. Several times I've harped on it but I was told that in modern football the wingers cutback and move towards the goal. But I still see teams like Germany, Brazil, Spain France floating in beautiful crosses. This SE team lack good crossers of the ball. We present no aerial threats whatsoever. It's a deficiency in our attacking game ooo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2899) (2900) (2901) (2902) (2903) (2904) (2905) ... (16149) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheSuperNerd(m), maidaboi(m), Princezibk and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.