Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3659) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11711974 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3656) (3657) (3658) (3659) (3660) (3661) (3662) ... (16162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by neezar: 7:13am On May 24, 2018
realpoacher:

I am an idiot
fixed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:15am On May 24, 2018
Mujtahida:

black man suffered a collapse in his consciousness. I really can't figure out how he'd regain himself.

That is what centuries of subjugation, racism and colonialism does to you. Anti-blackness is everywhere.

Bleaching creams to me are the worst manifestations. I see black people that i grew up with, changing their skin to look fairer. I saw a picture of a cousin that i grew up with and i did not recognize her. It is an epidemic especially amongst females. Everyone is bleaching their skin. They use different names for it.

When i had my child, someone asked my wife if the baby is 'fair'?? Seriously?? How is that an important question? It will take a decades of reorientation to rid ourselves of that inferiority complex.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:17am On May 24, 2018
Mujtahida:

I love Socrates the Doctor. He had personality and was fearless. I like Paolo Rossi too - from prison to the podium.

Paolo Rossi, Dino Zoff, legendary keeper... I used to watch all the old world cup documentaries growing up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:24am On May 24, 2018
WORLD CUP MISSING XI: Hart, Icardi, Wilshere, Morata Lead Team Of Absentees
May 23, 2018 6:17 pm

With many of the countries that will be participating at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia having released their final squad for the competition with some big names missing, Completesportsnigeria. com’s ADEBOYE AMOSU forms a first team of top players who will not be in Russia…

GOALKEEPER

JOE HART (ENGLAND)
The 31-year-old endured an indifferent spell on-loan at West Ham United this just-ended season where he started only 19 games in total.
England coach Gareth Southgate dumped him for the uncapped Burnley goalkeeper Nick Pope in his 23-man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.

DEFENDERS:

MARCOS ALONSO (SPAIN)
The left wing-back had an outstanding season with Chelsea but was shockingly omitted from Spain’s team to the Mundial.
SHKODRAN MUSTAFI (GERMANY)
The centre-back who was part of the Germany squad that won the 2014 World Cup in Brazil paid the price for a disappointing season at club level with Arsenal and will be part of his country’s title defence in Russia.

LAURENT KOSCIELNY (FRANCE)
Koscielny will be one of the big absentees from the 2OI8 FIFA World Cup in Russia. The reliable centre-back picked up an injury in Arsenal’s Europa League semi-final defeat against Atletico Madrid which effectively ruled him out of the Mundial.
HECTOR BELLERIN (SPAIN)
The Arsenal defender did not feature in any of Spain’s qualifying matches and was snubbed from the final World Cup squad by coach Julen Lopetegui.

MIDFIELDERS

RADJA NAINGGOLAN (BELGIUM)
The Roma of Italy midfielder is said to have had a bumpy relationship with Belgium manager Roberto Martinez which led to his omission from the World Cup squad despite a fine performance for his club.
Nainggolan was twice dropped from the Belgium squad this year but was involved in the country’s last match against Saudi Arabia.

JACK WILSHERE (ENGLAND)
A shocking omission from the England squad despite his impressive showing for Arsenal who finished in the sixth position in the Premier League.

CESC FABREGAS (SPAIN)
There is no real surprise in the Chelsea midfielder’s failure to win a place the Spanish team with the likes of Isco, David Silva and Andreas Iniesta all available for selection.

ATTACKERS

DIMITRI PAYET (FRANCE)
Dimitri Payet was left out of France’s World Cup squad due to a hamstring injury he copped in his club’s Marseille 3-0 Europa League final defeat to Atletico Madrid.
Worries over the recovery time needed was enough to sway France coach Didier Deschamps, resulting in Payet’s omission for the final squad

MAURO ICARDI (ARGENTINA)
Probably one of the most in-form players that will not be in Russia 2018. Icardi scored 29 goals for Inter Milan this season and was not deemed good enough for selection by Argentina coach, Jorge Sampaoli.

ALVARO MORATA (SPAIN)
Morata has struggled for fitness and form since joining Chelsea from Real Madrid last summer, and has scored 11 goals in the Premier League since arriving in England.
Spain manager Julen Lopetegui preferred the likes of Diego Costa, Iago Aspas and Lucas Vazquez ahead of him in his squad.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/world-cup-missing-xi-hart-icardi-wilshere-morata-lead-team-of-absentees/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:28am On May 24, 2018
Troost-Ekong: I’m Fit And Ready For World Cup
May 23, 2018 6:59 pm

Super Eagles defender William Troost-Ekong has expressed his delight after training with the team in Uyo ahead of their friendly match against DR Congo.

Super Eagles will play a friendly game against the Central Africans at the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium on 28 May as part of preparations for the Russia 2018 World Cup.

“Good to be back home training with the @NGSuperEagles in Uyo. Feeling fit and ready for our road to Russia!

#AkwaIbomBoy #Russia2018,” tweeted after training with the Eagles in Uyo on Wednesday.

The Super Eagles will play their another friendly match against England at the Wembley Stadium on 2 June.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 7:28am On May 24, 2018
tbaba1234:
One of the best World Cup teams ever. The dutch 1974 team and Total football.. Their pressing was crazy..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfqTy2bJzmU
baba wetin, five players go dey pursue one player with ball, na evil spirits dem be?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 7:33am On May 24, 2018
forgiveness:

List the other two make I see.

You ask if Kalu is one of our top 3 performer in eagles and i said yes and you are asking for the other 3

if you disagree with my yes then you should be the one to list the players better than him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:34am On May 24, 2018
Rohr: Ndidi Won’t Have Injury Worries At World Cup
May 23, 2018 6:09 pm

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr is confident Wilfred Ndidi will not suffer any setbacks at the World Cup after the Leicester City midfielder recovered in time to rejoin the national team on Monday, Completsportnigeria.com reports.

Ndidi stepped up his rehabilitation programme to return to shape for Nigeria’s World Cup campaign after copping a hamstring injury while in action for Leicester.

The former Genk midfielder is in the Super Eagles provisional squad for the Russia 2018 World Cup.

“Coach Rohr said he is not losing any sleep over Ndidi’s form for the World Cup,” Super Eagles media officer Toyin Ibitoye told CSN.

“You know Ndidi pulled a hamstring and the general fear was that he may not be fit during the tournament, but Rohr is confident the midfielder won’t suffer a blip in form in Russia.”

Ndidi missed the end of Leicester’s campaign with the injury but is expected to be included in the final Nigeria squad to Russia.

The Super Eagles will face Congo DR, England and Czech Republic in warm-up matches before playing Iceland, Croatia and Argentina in Russia.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/rohr-ndidi-wont-have-injury-worries-at-world-cup/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 7:34am On May 24, 2018
forgiveness:

Hahahahahaha! Expectation of the righteous is not Kayode going to the world Cup or not oooo. Aha!

Expectation of the righteous is the coming of Christ and making heaven. In, addition, the fulfilment of his promises. grin

Kayode name dey for Bible? grin

However, it's only a black man mentality that will do bad belle for anyone that challenges. The same can't be said in a civilized world.

Anyway, I am not after Kayode making the world cup, I am after the two faced double standard fellows. Are you one of them? grin

You be the judge of that. Are you an agent? Yes or No? grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:37am On May 24, 2018
AIG07:
Laughing.
But don't you think that B&Y is the only thing Nigerian women expect their male counterparts to complement.?
because that is the only thing men compliment here.

Women feel better when they are complimented for things that aren't so 'obvious' to many. Small things like their smile, hair, intelligence and such, are what women prefer to be complimented on. They are always so much happier when a man sees something other than B and Y to compliment.

But most Nigerian men na one-way street, they only see front and back.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 7:38am On May 24, 2018
forgiveness:

He made that bench two days after he joined the team. No preseason, no nada.

While stuani made the team a month after Kayode joined.

Besides, Stuani is an Uruguay national team player and played for long with them. He's on their provisional list.

He has experience playing in the la Liga for 5 good seasons and you want to compare him with Kayode, right?

Which striker in our national team is better than Stuani or can bench him? Pray you tell me.

those stuani records does not stop kayode from displacing him. i still repeat, girona plays 2 strikers just like Leicester.

if kayode could not displace stuani why didnt he displace the second guy portu abi girona bought him just to be on the bench?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:40am On May 24, 2018
New Arsenal Boss Emery Advised To Offload Iwobi, Cech, Ozil
May 23, 2018 4:27 pm

Tony Cascarino has urged new Arsenal manager Unai Emery to get rid of the Nigeria forward Alex Iwobi and eight other players at the club.

Emery was named as Arsenal manager on Wednesday to replace Arsene Wenger who left the position at the end of the season.
Former Chelsea star Cascarino believes the 22 year old is limited.

“I don’t think he will ever be a top-four player, which is what Arsenal need,” Cascarino told The Times.co.uk regarding Iwobi.

Hector Bellerin, Petr Cech, Shkodran Mustafi, Laurent Koscielny, Calum Chambers, Granit Xhaka, Aaron Ramsey and Mesut Ozil are the other players in the Arsenal squad Cascarino wants Emery to show the exit at the club.

Iwobi who is currently with the Super Eagles in preparation for their 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia featured in 39 games for Arsenal and scored three goals and provided seven assists.

Below are Cascarino’s verdicts on the Arsenal players who should stay and leave the club.

Petr Cech – OUT
He has had a very average season with lots of errors.

David Ospina – KEEP
I would hang on to him, although only as a No 2 goalkeeper.

Héctor Bellerín – OUT
I would sell if I could get a big fee, but otherwise try to find a system he fits.

Shkodran Mustafi – OUT
Cash in on him. He is not a dominant leader-type centre half.

Laurent Koscielny – OUT
I’ve never accepted the praise that he gets. But injury means he won’t leave.

Rob Holding – KEEP
He’s young, so I’d hang on to him and hope that he continues to improve.

Calum Chambers – OUT
There are far too many mistakes in his game, I’m afraid.

Nacho Monreal – KEEP
He’s getting on, at 32, but was probably their best defender last year.

Sead Kolasinac – KEEP
I’d hold on to him because he can play in more than one position.

Granit Xhaka – OUT
Arsenal should cash in. Central midfield is one of the areas where they must improve a lot.

Mohamed Elneny – KEEP
I would retain him definitely. I thought he did OK this season.

Jack Wilshere – KEEP
His injury record means it should be a pay-as-you-play deal. But if the new manager wants to play athletic football, he would need to leave.

Aaron Ramsey – OUT
He has only a year left on his contract so I would move on from him. I think we’ve seen the best of him.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan – KEEP
Hold on to him, because of what he achieved at Borussia Dortmund, and hope he finds his feet in England.

Mesut Özil – OUT
I would get rid of him but, because Arsenal are paying him far too much, they are unlikely to get an offer.

Alex Iwobi – OUT
I don’t think he will ever be a top-four player, which is what Arsenal need.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang – KEEP
You have to keep him — he’s got goals written all over him.

Alexandre Lacazette – KEEP
I would stick with him in the hope that he
can forge a partnership with Aubameyang.

Danny Welbeck – KEEP
So versatile, including off the bench, and you need someone like that.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/new-arsenal-boss-emery-advised-to-offload-iwobi-cech-ozil/#comment-124903
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:45am On May 24, 2018
tbaba1234:

That is what centuries of subjugation, racism and colonialism does to you. Anti-blackness is everywhere.

Bleaching creams to me are the worst manifestations. I see black people that i grew up with, changing their skin to look fairer. I saw a picture of a cousin that i grew up with and i did not recognize her. It is an epidemic especially amongst females. Everyone is bleaching their skin. They use different names for it.

When i had my child, someone asked my wife if the baby is 'fair'?? Seriously?? How is that an important question? It will take a decades of reorientation to rid ourselves of that inferiority complex.
this is actually funny when I see people bleaching their skin.

Most in Nigeria don't even use the right products, but once again, this bleching thing is another angle that Nigerian men inspired. Light-skinned girls are always preferred by men, they like the 'shiny' girls, so girls become shiny to attract the 'right' guys.

There are ushering jobs where the clients want only light-skinned ushers, I have never heard of an ushering job that is strictly for dark-skinned people.

On Twitter, someone posted a job vacancy and added that the company only needs light-skinned applicants. The only other country I can think of that discriminates in such a manner is India.

To be sincere though, certain things are not restricted to the black race.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:46am On May 24, 2018
Some Pictures showing Ujpest's win with Nwobodo in it.

They are Europa league bound and Hungarian Cup winners.

He even started the game. Surely one of their important players.
And there is another Nigerian on the team. His name is Vincent Onovo (plays central midfield).

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:47am On May 24, 2018
MetalJigsaw:

Tony Cascarino has urged new Arsenal manager Unai Emery to get rid of the Nigeria forward Alex Iwobi and eight other players at the club.

Emery was named as Arsenal manager on Wednesday to replace Arsene Wenger who left the position at the end of the season.

“I don’t think he will ever be a top-four player, which is what Arsenal need,” Cascarino told The Times.co.uk regarding Iwobi.

Hector Bellerin, Petr Cech, Shkodran Mustafi, Laurent Koscielny, Calum Chambers, Granit Xhaka, Aaron Ramsey and Mesut Ozil are the other players in the Arsenal squad Cascarino wants Emery to show the exit at the club.

Iwobi who is currently with the Super Eagles in preparation for their 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia featured in 39 games for Arsenal and scored three goals and provided seven assists.

Below are Cascarino’s verdicts on the Arsenal players who should stay and leave the club.

Petr Cech – OUT

David Ospina – KEEP

Héctor Bellerín – OUT
I would sell if I could get a big fee, but otherwise try to find a system he fits.

Shkodran Mustafi – OUT

Laurent Koscielny – OUT

Rob Holding – KEEP

Calum Chambers – OUT

Nacho Monreal – KEEP

Sead Kolasinac – KEEP

Granit Xhaka – OUT
Arsenal should cash in. Central midfield is one of the areas where they must improve a lot.

Mohamed Elneny – KEEP

Jack Wilshere – KEEP
His injury record means it should be a pay-as-you-play deal. But if the new manager wants to play athletic football, he would need to leave.

Aaron Ramsey – OUT
He has only a year left on his contract so I would move on from him. I think we’ve seen the best of him.

Hold on to him, because of what he achieved at Borussia Dortmund, and hope he finds his feet in England.

Mesut Özil – OUT
I would get rid of him but, because Arsenal are paying him far too much, they are unlikely to get an offer.

Alex Iwobi – OUT

Danny Welbeck – KEEP

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/new-arsenal-boss-emery-advised-to-offload-iwobi-cech-ozil/#comment-124903
and that is why this one is not a coach.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LieDetector(m): 7:51am On May 24, 2018
MetalJigsaw:

Petr Cech – OUT

David Ospina – KEEP

Héctor Bellerín – OUT

Shkodran Mustafi – OUT

Laurent Koscielny – OUT

Rob Holding – KEEP

Calum Chambers – OUT

Nacho Monreal – KEEP

Sead Kolasinac – KEEP

Granit Xhaka – OUT

Mohamed Elneny – KEEP

Jack Wilshere – KEEP

Aaron Ramsey – OUT

Mesut Özil – OUT

Alex Iwobi – OUT

Danny Welbeck – KEEP

the idiot prefers welbeck to iwobi. Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:52am On May 24, 2018
Me too. I watched all the World cup documentaries while growing up, multiple times from 1930 to 1998 then. World cup documentaries and programs covering Old WC editions were one of my favorite pasttimes when it came to studying the beautiful game. This is part of why I can even name the World cup winners between 1930 and now from memory alone without reference to any site... Lol.

tbaba1234:

Paolo Rossi, Dino Zoff, legendary keeper... I used to watch all the old world cup documentaries growing up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:56am On May 24, 2018
Mikel Opens Up On Nigeria’s World Cup Chances, Memorable Moments, Alternative Career, Kalou, Federer
May 22, 2018 6:37 pm

Super Eagles captain Mikel Obi had a question and answer session with some of his fans on Twitter on Tuesday.

Completesportsnigeria.com’s JAMES AGBEREBI monitored the session as Mikel answered questions about the Super Eagles and winning the 2018 FIFA World Cup, the friendly against England, his most memorable football moments, his teammates etc…

– Who was the funniest guy you shared a room with? (Forbes_GG1)

It has to be Salomon Kalou for me. He is a funny character. Sharing a dressing room with him was one of my best moments in Chelsea. He made me feel more comfortable going to training everyday because I know I was going to see him there and I was going to have a laugh.

He was so funny and things he does sometimes you think is he actually a player? He is so funny, cracks me up all the time, even in training pitch he does things that are really funny and I really enjoyed my time with him.

– What was your most memorable moment in football? (@lukbon)

My most memorable moment I think for me was when I won the Champions League. It was the best moment in my football career till date. Champions League is so special you don’t get to win it quite often and for us to win it and the manner we did it was spectacular.
And playing in Germany and against Bayern Munich made it even more special. That day and that night was really special for me.

– What is your take on the international friendly game between Nigeria and England and how will the Super Eagles approach the game?

England, Nigeria, that doesn’t come often. It’s going to be a very good test for us. I think for us it’s important to play this friendly against England. Such a great team and for us it’s going to be a big test. We have to make sure we play well, we want to win, we want to play well against such a great team.So we will see how well we are going to do in this game going to the World Cup, preparations and other stuff. This is going to help so we will see how its going to be.

– What are your plans after retirement from football?

For me, it’s to spend more time with the kids, with the family. I think the Mrs has been on my neck that I don’t spend more time with the family. She understands. But I think after football, it’s going to be spending more time with the family, with the kids, for me it is more important and also think about what to do after football because I want to continue being involved in football.

It is something I really need to decide but at this minute I’m not thinking about it, there’s a lot of things to do after football but we will see what happens.

– Do you believe Nigeria can win the 2018 World Cup?

I think we can, why not? I think it’s possible, you never know. I think it’s important for us to come out in our group. We are in a very difficult group, we have lots of good teams in this group, it’s going to be interesting to see who comes out of this group.

Whoever comes out of this group is going to do well in the tournament. We have to make sure we play the three games well, come out of the group and think about the next game.

It is possible when you keep winning games. In tournament like this, you just have to take it one game at a time. So we believe we can, why not?

– If you were not playing football what other profession would you have delved into? (@jolarh)

That’s a tricky question. I think basketball or tennis. I love Roger Federer, so probably play tennis.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/mikel-opens-up-on-nigerias-world-cup-chances-memorable-moments-alternative-career-kalou-federer/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:02am On May 24, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
WORLD CUP MISSING XI: Hart, Icardi, Wilshere, Morata Lead Team Of Absentees
May 23, 2018 6:17 pm

With many of the countries that will be participating at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia having released their final squad for the competition with some big names missing, Completesportsnigeria. com’s ADEBOYE AMOSU forms a first team of top players who will not be in Russia…

GOALKEEPER

JOE HART (ENGLAND)
The 31-year-old endured an indifferent spell on-loan at West Ham United this just-ended season where he started only 19 games in total.
England coach Gareth Southgate dumped him for the uncapped Burnley goalkeeper Nick Pope in his 23-man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.

DEFENDERS:

MARCOS ALONSO (SPAIN)
The left wing-back had an outstanding season with Chelsea but was shockingly omitted from Spain’s team to the Mundial.
SHKODRAN MUSTAFI (GERMANY)
The centre-back who was part of the Germany squad that won the 2014 World Cup in Brazil paid the price for a disappointing season at club level with Arsenal and will be part of his country’s title defence in Russia.

LAURENT KOSCIELNY (FRANCE)
Koscielny will be one of the big absentees from the 2OI8 FIFA World Cup in Russia. The reliable centre-back picked up an injury in Arsenal’s Europa League semi-final defeat against Atletico Madrid which effectively ruled him out of the Mundial.
HECTOR BELLERIN (SPAIN)
The Arsenal defender did not feature in any of Spain’s qualifying matches and was snubbed from the final World Cup squad by coach Julen Lopetegui.

MIDFIELDERS

RADJA NAINGGOLAN (BELGIUM)
The Roma of Italy midfielder is said to have had a bumpy relationship with Belgium manager Roberto Martinez which led to his omission from the World Cup squad despite a fine performance for his club.
Nainggolan was twice dropped from the Belgium squad this year but was involved in the country’s last match against Saudi Arabia.

JACK WILSHERE (ENGLAND)
A shocking omission from the England squad despite his impressive showing for Arsenal who finished in the sixth position in the Premier League.

CESC FABREGAS (SPAIN)
There is no real surprise in the Chelsea midfielder’s failure to win a place the Spanish team with the likes of Isco, David Silva and Andreas Iniesta all available for selection.

ATTACKERS

DIMITRI PAYET (FRANCE)
Dimitri Payet was left out of France’s World Cup squad due to a hamstring injury he copped in his club’s Marseille 3-0 Europa League final defeat to Atletico Madrid.
Worries over the recovery time needed was enough to sway France coach Didier Deschamps, resulting in Payet’s omission for the final squad

MAURO ICARDI (ARGENTINA)
Probably one of the most in-form players that will not be in Russia 2018. Icardi scored 29 goals for Inter Milan this season and was not deemed good enough for selection by Argentina coach, Jorge Sampaoli.

ALVARO MORATA (SPAIN)
Morata has struggled for fitness and form since joining Chelsea from Real Madrid last summer, and has scored 11 goals in the Premier League since arriving in England.
Spain manager Julen Lopetegui preferred the likes of Diego Costa, Iago Aspas and Lucas Vazquez ahead of him in his squad.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/world-cup-missing-xi-hart-icardi-wilshere-morata-lead-team-of-absentees/

Sergio Romero
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:06am On May 24, 2018
MetalJigsaw:

Petr Cech – OUT

David Ospina – KEEP

Héctor Bellerín – OUT

Shkodran Mustafi – OUT

Laurent Koscielny – OUT

Rob Holding – KEEP

Calum Chambers – OUT

Nacho Monreal – KEEP

Sead Kolasinac – KEEP

Granit Xhaka – OUT

Mohamed Elneny – KEEP

Jack Wilshere – KEEP

Aaron Ramsey – OUT

Mesut Özil – OUT

Alex Iwobi – OUT

Danny Welbeck – KEEP

Welbeck should be out because he is an average player,are they keeping him because he is england, if they can remove those players you mention then keep welbeck then they dont know what they are doing,imagine ozil out.

Tony Cascarino is a english man not suprised,ozil out and wilshere in,injury prone wilshere, what type of weed this man is smoking? anyway thank God unai emery is not one of those english coach who will favour english players.

They need to spend money also if they want to be in the top 4

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 8:08am On May 24, 2018
tbaba1234:

Brazil of 1982 played beautiful football but they lost to pragmatism. Italy played smart and knocked them out.

Defence was not part of their strategy. They just believed they will outscore every team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:09am On May 24, 2018
Camp update

Some pics from yesterday's training session.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:09am On May 24, 2018
Multiple sources are confirming that Unai Emery will clean house at Arsenal. Expect a somewhat large exodus of players. Many are saying that the likes of Iwobi, Bellerin and Mustafi amongst others are on their way out.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:12am On May 24, 2018
Cc Omanbala1

This Complete Sports report summarises it for you. They obviously followed the clips like I did and just summarised Mikel's answers to Nigerian fans' questions.

But to get all of it and not miss a thing. It is all there on twitter. @mikel_john_obi

MetalJigsaw:
Mikel Opens Up On Nigeria’s World Cup Chances, Memorable Moments, Alternative Career, Kalou, Federer
May 22, 2018 6:37 pm

Super Eagles captain Mikel Obi had a question and answer session with some of his fans on Twitter on Tuesday.

Completesportsnigeria.com’s JAMES AGBEREBI monitored the session as Mikel answered questions about the Super Eagles and winning the 2018 FIFA World Cup, the friendly against England, his most memorable football moments, his teammates etc…

– Who was the funniest guy you shared a room with? (Forbes_GG1)

It has to be Salomon Kalou for me. He is a funny character. Sharing a dressing room with him was one of my best moments in Chelsea. He made me feel more comfortable going to training everyday because I know I was going to see him there and I was going to have a laugh.

He was so funny and things he does sometimes you think is he actually a player? He is so funny, cracks me up all the time, even in training pitch he does things that are really funny and I really enjoyed my time with him.

– What was your most memorable moment in football? (@lukbon)

My most memorable moment I think for me was when I won the Champions League. It was the best moment in my football career till date. Champions League is so special you don’t get to win it quite often and for us to win it and the manner we did it was spectacular.
And playing in Germany and against Bayern Munich made it even more special. That day and that night was really special for me.

– What is your take on the international friendly game between Nigeria and England and how will the Super Eagles approach the game?

England, Nigeria, that doesn’t come often. It’s going to be a very good test for us. I think for us it’s important to play this friendly against England. Such a great team and for us it’s going to be a big test. We have to make sure we play well, we want to win, we want to play well against such a great team.So we will see how well we are going to do in this game going to the World Cup, preparations and other stuff. This is going to help so we will see how its going to be.

– What are your plans after retirement from football?

For me, it’s to spend more time with the kids, with the family. I think the Mrs has been on my neck that I don’t spend more time with the family. She understands. But I think after football, it’s going to be spending more time with the family, with the kids, for me it is more important and also think about what to do after football because I want to continue being involved in football.

It is something I really need to decide but at this minute I’m not thinking about it, there’s a lot of things to do after football but we will see what happens.

– Do you believe Nigeria can win the 2018 World Cup?

I think we can, why not? I think it’s possible, you never know. I think it’s important for us to come out in our group. We are in a very difficult group, we have lots of good teams in this group, it’s going to be interesting to see who comes out of this group.

Whoever comes out of this group is going to do well in the tournament. We have to make sure we play the three games well, come out of the group and think about the next game.

It is possible when you keep winning games. In tournament like this, you just have to take it one game at a time. So we believe we can, why not?

– If you were not playing football what other profession would you have delved into? (@jolarh)

That’s a tricky question. I think basketball or tennis. I love Roger Federer, so probably play tennis.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/mikel-opens-up-on-nigerias-world-cup-chances-memorable-moments-alternative-career-kalou-federer/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 8:14am On May 24, 2018
tbaba1234:
One of the best World Cup teams ever. The dutch 1974 team and Total football.. Their pressing was crazy..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfqTy2bJzmU

I can see up to 6 players going for the player with ball at a time. If you try this one in this era, flogging (10:0) awaits you.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 8:18am On May 24, 2018
tbaba1234:

Elderson is still a Monaco player so they have to loan him out again.
I doubt if his still a Monaco player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 8:25am On May 24, 2018
Icon4s:

Easy bro. Just leave that guy.

They will eat their words come June 16.

We know their type. They are only here because the European season is over.

They have been trooping in here since that Athletico game. They know nothing about the current Eagles set up.

I wonder how someone will just have have such a negative mind set about your own national team.

i noticed that too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:26am On May 24, 2018
tbaba1234:

It requires deep work within the collective unconscious of the race.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:28am On May 24, 2018
I
Icon4s:

Easy bro. Just leave that guy.

They will eat their words come June 16.

We know their type. They are only here because the European season is over.

They have been trooping in here since that Athletico game. They know nothing about the current Eagles set up.

I wonder how someone will just have have such a negative mind set about your own national team.
Even if they are not idiots they were being idiotic.

One can have an opinion but it should at least be factual. Okocha never won personal laurels and that alone should eclipse his whole career?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 8:28am On May 24, 2018
LieDetector:
we think the same way bruh
i bet you Echiejile fans will feel that helped Aina, if he make the team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:29am On May 24, 2018
Martz101:

I doubt if his still a Monaco player

He is...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 8:34am On May 24, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Idowu: I’ll Be Forever Grateful To Nigeria For World Cup Chance

Amkar Perm of Russia defender Brian Idowu has expressed his appreciation to Nigeria and coach Gernot Rorh for the opportunity to play international football.

Speaking to Completesportsnigeria.com at the Super Eagles pre-World Cup training camp in Uyo, the 26-year-old also commented on the journey it has been for him from being a virtual unknown to a World Cup prospect in just six months.

“It’s been a remarkable experience for me. One minute nobody knew me and the next I have the chance to play at the World Cup. It is more like a dream for me, really. I will give my best always in order to justify the confidence of the coaches,” Idowu told CSN.

Born of a Russian mother, Idowu is also eligible to play for the 2018 World Cup hosts but he claimed the decision to play for Nigeria was a very easy one to make for him.

“My father’s from Nigeria and I know he’s always going to be proud of me. Besides Nigeria gave me the opportunity to play for the national team and I will be forever grateful for that,” he told CSN.

Idowu made his international debut for the Super Eagles in last November’s friendly international game against Argentina and scored one of the goals in a 4-2 win.

He was also in action in the last two friendly games against Poland and Serbia.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/idowu-ill-be-forever-grateful-to-nigeria-for-world-cup-chance/

we know you are happy but please don't turn to a prince boateng

(1) (2) (3) ... (3656) (3657) (3658) (3659) (3660) (3661) (3662) ... (16162) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: LLENCE77(m), Iview1, Kog45(m), BascoVanVeli(m), opes and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.