Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,468 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3660) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11709075 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3657) (3658) (3659) (3660) (3661) (3662) (3663) ... (16161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 8:41am On May 24, 2018
Goke7:

baba wetin, five players go dey pursue one player with ball, na evil spirits dem be?

This type of system can not survive today against technical gifted players with good passing accuracy.

how they go dey pack dem self go one side like bee
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 8:41am On May 24, 2018
Friends, Countrymen, Nairalanders,

OF SUPER EAGLES AND STANDARDIZATION....

What we must put into perspective is that Nigeria is a country blessed in abundance witht talents. The guys you see in our supposed "first team" are guys who were given opportunities over and over until they were able to stake a claim to their spots in the team. We also have to look at the coaching philosophy of our team handlers. For instance, if Gernot Rohr were to be the coach of the team that faced Athletico, there are certain players that probably wont feature. Also if he were to be the coach at the CHAN, he wouldnt have made some basic mistakes that Yusuf made because of approach. If you play a player in a position he isnt familiar with and decide to judge him based on that, then I am afraid the player already has failed before the quest even started.

Who knew Shehu Abdulahi, Etebo,or Even Awaziem 3years ago? They had opportunities over and over and had time to work on their game. In my honest opinion, this issue of class is what is actually destroying Nigeria. Why would we be having teams A,B and C if its not to assess players that can be of use? There is the danger in the reasoning that you are not good enough and thats why you are in team B or Team C. Its very subtle. Almost unnoticeable.
Why not rather blend as situation demands? For instance, I notice how we mention players and start talking about who is he gonna bench? But truly speaking, if we are gonna be devoid of sentiments, arent there better players in some positions in our current team? We probably would find it inconceivable that a player like Kelechi Iheanacho lost his spot and got dropped for a relatively unknown player even if the player were obviously stark better.

My advice? Let us be careful to not be classifying our teams. Rather, get a good blend of experience, youthfulness and ability. I would like us to have a situation wherein regardless of any combination of starting 11 we choose, they are equally deadly. Thats a lot more desirable than having class. We all know how we be like in Nigeria. Somebody driving G- wagon looking down on someone with toyota yaris. This idea needs to stop!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:42am On May 24, 2018
Goke7:

baba wetin, five players go dey pursue one player with ball, na evil spirits dem be?
They come at you like bees. Brazil of 1982 were incredibly beautiful. One player was 3 player. They made the pitch look expansive.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 8:46am On May 24, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
New Arsenal Boss Emery Advised To Offload Iwobi, Cech, Ozil
May 23, 2018 4:27 pm

Tony Cascarino has urged new Arsenal manager Unai Emery to get rid of the Nigeria forward Alex Iwobi and eight other players at the club.

Emery was named as Arsenal manager on Wednesday to replace Arsene Wenger who left the position at the end of the season.
Former Chelsea star Cascarino believes the 22 year old is limited.

“I don’t think he will ever be a top-four player, which is what Arsenal need,” Cascarino told The Times.co.uk regarding Iwobi.

Hector Bellerin, Petr Cech, Shkodran Mustafi, Laurent Koscielny, Calum Chambers, Granit Xhaka, Aaron Ramsey and Mesut Ozil are the other players in the Arsenal squad Cascarino wants Emery to show the exit at the club.

Iwobi who is currently with the Super Eagles in preparation for their 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia featured in 39 games for Arsenal and scored three goals and provided seven assists.

Below are Cascarino’s verdicts on the Arsenal players who should stay and leave the club.

Petr Cech – OUT
He has had a very average season with lots of errors.

David Ospina – KEEP
I would hang on to him, although only as a No 2 goalkeeper.

Héctor Bellerín – OUT
I would sell if I could get a big fee, but otherwise try to find a system he fits.

Shkodran Mustafi – OUT
Cash in on him. He is not a dominant leader-type centre half.

Laurent Koscielny – OUT
I’ve never accepted the praise that he gets. But injury means he won’t leave.

Rob Holding – KEEP
He’s young, so I’d hang on to him and hope that he continues to improve.

Calum Chambers – OUT
There are far too many mistakes in his game, I’m afraid.

Nacho Monreal – KEEP
He’s getting on, at 32, but was probably their best defender last year.

Sead Kolasinac – KEEP
I’d hold on to him because he can play in more than one position.

Granit Xhaka – OUT
Arsenal should cash in. Central midfield is one of the areas where they must improve a lot.

Mohamed Elneny – KEEP
I would retain him definitely. I thought he did OK this season.

Jack Wilshere – KEEP
His injury record means it should be a pay-as-you-play deal. But if the new manager wants to play athletic football, he would need to leave.

Aaron Ramsey – OUT
He has only a year left on his contract so I would move on from him. I think we’ve seen the best of him.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan – KEEP
Hold on to him, because of what he achieved at Borussia Dortmund, and hope he finds his feet in England.

Mesut Özil – OUT
I would get rid of him but, because Arsenal are paying him far too much, they are unlikely to get an offer.

Alex Iwobi – OUT
I don’t think he will ever be a top-four player, which is what Arsenal need.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang – KEEP
You have to keep him — he’s got goals written all over him.

Alexandre Lacazette – KEEP
I would stick with him in the hope that he
can forge a partnership with Aubameyang.

Danny Welbeck – KEEP
So versatile, including off the bench, and you need someone like that.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/new-arsenal-boss-emery-advised-to-offload-iwobi-cech-ozil/#comment-124903

keep wilshere and welbeck but sell iwobi and ozil...wetin this man smoke?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:47am On May 24, 2018
Martz101:

we are still saying the same, his a striker that can play in the supporting role
You're right. But plays behind the other striker.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 8:50am On May 24, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Some Pictures showing Ujpest's win with Nwobodo in it.

They are Europa league bound and Hungarian Cup winners.

He even started the game. Surely one of their important players.
And there is another Nigerian on the team. His name is Vincent Onovo (plays central midfield).

onovo was formerly with HJK with salami, Taiye Taiwo and Egwueke
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 8:52am On May 24, 2018
OMANBALA1:
I can see why Salisu changed Alhassan, he was shaky and lost few posession, however, he should have been given more time to settle in

In a non competitive match.? A professional? Abeg!

The dude looked like someone weak from ramadan fast. I know Alhassan's prowess. He was not in that game at all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:56am On May 24, 2018
Wilfred Ndidi joins Super Eagles full training in ‘couple of days’ – Official

Wilfred Ndidi – Leicester City & Super Eagles star

Leicester City midfielder Wilfred Ndidi has recovered “faster than expected” and he will soon join the Super Eagles full training in Uyo.

Ndidi is recovering from a hamstring injury and has been training on his own in Uyo since the World Cup camp opened officially on Tuesday.
However, Super Eagles spokesman Toyin Ibitoye has said Ndidi’s recovery has been ahead of schedule and he will soon join the squad’s full training.

“In a couple of days, he will join the full training,” Ibitoye disclosed.
“He is running well without any pains, he has recovered faster than we expected.
“He is now being loaded slowly and gradually to build his match fitness.”

The team official said the friendlies against DR Congo (May 28) and England (June 2) may be coming a little too soon for the Leicester City star, but “he will be ready for the World Cup.”

Source: http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/05/24/wilfred-ndidi-joins-super-eagles-full-training-in-couple-of-days-official/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 21 days 7 hours 2 mins to go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 9:07am On May 24, 2018
andrew444:

Welbeck should be out because he is an average player,are they keeping him because he is england, if they can remove those players you mention then keep welbeck then they dont know what they are doing,imagine ozil out.

Tony Cascarino is a english man not suprised,ozil out and wilshere in,injury prone wilshere, what type of weed this man is smoking? anyway thank God unai emery is not one of those english coach who will favour english players.

They need to spend money also if they want to be in the top 4
cascarino is irish though
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 9:09am On May 24, 2018
mank1234:

I can see up to 6 players going for the player with ball at a time. If you try this one in this era, flogging (10:0) awaits you.
barcelona did it under guardiola where they pressure you when you get they lose the ball..probably not up to 6 players though
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 9:09am On May 24, 2018
Martz101:

i noticed that too
similar to english fans now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 9:11am On May 24, 2018
Martz101:

This type of system can not survive today against[b] technical gifted players[/b] with good passing accuracy.

how they go dey pack dem self go one side like bee
problem is technically gifted players are reducing with time and they are actually less now than that era
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:16am On May 24, 2018
Maradona on Sampaoli's tactics with Argentina

''I have many doubts, many doubts. Hopefully it goes well already in the first round. It's Iceland, Nigeria and Croatia, and it's not easy, it's not easy,'' Maradona said in an interview with Arab news outlet Abu Dhabi Sport.

''With a team that has no experience, that has no leader, that has no game plan ... It seems to me that we are risking a lot of prestige, that we win, and that we are throwing it away.

''I got news from Argentina that he wants to play 2-3-3-2. It's ridiculous, it was played in 1930.''

Source: ANS
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:19am On May 24, 2018
asha80:
cascarino is irish though

Oh okay all of them na d same character U.K people
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 9:21am On May 24, 2018
andrew444:

Oh okay all of them na d same character U.K people
well are right though in attitude

NB..no call an irish man from republic of ireland a UK man sha

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 9:27am On May 24, 2018
this is nice

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5763533/Nike-receive-three-million-orders-Nigerias-World-Cup-shirt.html

ADVERTISEMENT
Nike receive over three million orders for Nigeria's World Cup shirt despite it not being released until next week
Demand for Nigeria's World Cup 2018 kit has dramatically increased
Orders are said to have gone over 3,000,000 ahead of the kit going on sale
The home and away kit were unveiled at a launch earlier this year in February
The Super Eagles' kit is meant to pay homage to their USA 1994 campaign
By TOM FARMERY FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 18:48 BST, 23 May 2018 | UPDATED: 19:43 BST, 23 May 2018

shares

View comments
Nike have received over 3,000,000 orders for Nigeria's World Cup 2018 shirt despite the jersey not being officially on sale until next week.

Demand for the country's home and away kit increased following its unveiling at a launch in February.

The kit isn't available to buy for another six days but that hasn't stopped fans wanting to place their order in advance.

Orders for Nigeria's new World Cup home and away kit have gone over 3,000,000 +6
Orders for Nigeria's new World Cup home and away kit have gone over 3,000,000

The new kit is meant to pay homage to the one the Super Eagles played in at USA 1994 +6
The new kit is meant to pay homage to the one the Super Eagles played in at USA 1994

RELATED ARTICLES
Previous
Next

Gareth Southgate may have banned Starbucks food at St...

Neymar is joined by Manchester City star Gabriel Jesus to...

Hollywood A-lister Will Smith to sing the official song for...

On top of the world! Lionel Messi thanks climber as...
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
2.9k shares

The Super Eagles' new home and away kit is meant to pay homage to their USA 1994 campaign.

The home shirt features a bright green-and-white zig-zag pattern spreading across the torso and the contrasting sleeves.

Nigeria's away shirt for the Russia World Cup is more understated and closer in resemblance to their more recent shirts with an all-over dark green design.

The kit manufacturers Nike said they wanted to 'tap into the attitude of the nation' with the design and aimed to build the kit based on the identities of the players.

Nike's Nigeria shirts are part of a collection which features Fast Fit Vapotknit technology to aide the athlete's performance.

Arsenal's Alex Iwobi modelling the home shirt +6
Ex-Chelsea midfielder Jon Obi Mikel sporting the away shirt +6
Alex Iwobi (left) in the 2018 home shirt and Jon Obi Mikel wearing the away kit

Nigeria's 2018 kit pays homage to the shirt worn at USA 1994 - the west African nation's debut on the World Cup stage.

The shirts were launched with the help of Premier League trio Wilfied Ndidi, Alex Iwobi and Kelechi Iheanacho as well as ex-Chelsea midfielder Jon Obi Mikel.

'I grew up in England, but Nigeria is my homeland,' Arsenal star Iwobi told Nike's official website.

'When I scored that goal, the players were dancing, the fans were playing trumpets and bringing drums... there was just so much passion and energy.

'It is always an honour to wear the white and green. To compete this summer is not just our dream, it is also the dream of our fans. Together, we all represent Naija.'

Leicester striker Kelechi Iheanacho and Arsenal's Iwobi are impressed by their new shirt +6
Leicester striker Kelechi Iheanacho and Arsenal's Iwobi are impressed by their new shirt

Leicester midfielder Wilfried Ndidi will be one of Nigeria's key players at the 2018 World Cup +6
Leicester midfielder Wilfried Ndidi will be one of Nigeria's key players at the 2018 World Cup

The shirt is founded on the concept of 'Naija' - which means future-focused optimism and encourages the new generation of Nigerians to celebrate their country's rich history and culture.

Nigeria have been drawn into Group D at the 2018 World Cup in Russia alongside Argentina, Croatia and Iceland.

The Super Eagles have never advanced past the round of 16 at the World Cup having reached the knockout stages three times in their history - in 1994, 1998 and 2014.

Iwobi scored the only goal of the game against Zambia in October as Nigeria became the first African nation to book their place in Russia.

The Super Eagles are joined by Morocco, Senegal, Tunisia and Egypt in flying the flag for Africa at the 2018 World Cup.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5763533/Nike-receive-three-million-orders-Nigerias-World-Cup-shirt.html#ixzz5GPDwSR8G
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 9:41am On May 24, 2018
asha80:
problem is technically gifted players are reducing with time and they are actually less now than that era

My point is that, with the kinda smart coaches like pep and klopp and intelligent players like kross,mikel, alonso and modric teams playing that system will be buried
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 9:41am On May 24, 2018
asha80:
this is nice

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5763533/Nike-receive-three-million-orders-Nigerias-World-Cup-shirt.html

mehn reading the comments below this article shows how scams and yahoo tends to define nigerian reputations to the outside world
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 9:42am On May 24, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
You're right. But plays behind the other striker.

but can also lead the line too, Wayne rooney is a perfect example
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 9:44am On May 24, 2018
Martz101:

My point is that, with the kinda smart coaches like[b] pep[/b] and klopp and intelligent players like kross,mikel, alonso and modric teams playing that system will be buried
you know pep played something similar when he was barca..certainly not up to 6 players but whenever they lost the ball barca players seems to chase down the opponent with the ball in 2s and 3s like terriers until they got possession back
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 9:46am On May 24, 2018
Nigerian team is wack and I can't wait to see the festival of goals they will concede this mundial . If you like all you beer parlour analysts here ,you can' quote me and say shit but I will never gratify you by replying you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:49am On May 24, 2018
asha80:
well are right though in attitude

NB..no call an irish man from republic of ireland a UK man sha

Yes nah
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:51am On May 24, 2018
Afobear:
Nigerian team is wack and I can't wait to see the festival of goals they will concede this mundial . If you like all you beer parlour analysts here ,you can't quote me and say shit but I will never gratify you by replying you

Lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:59am On May 24, 2018
andrew444:

Lol you got no excuse this time,you and forgiveness think say na only una know stats ....southgate and Roy hodgson spotted

Geting to the last 16 should not be an achievement for English club it should be an achievement for Norway and Denmark club,is this how you want to belittle the Epl?

Even teams like Cska Moscow most times make the last 16,fc Basel Porto are regular in the last 16 so why will it be an achievement for English club? Be careful sir

Simple mathematics the EPL had more clubs in the last 16 of the Champions league. Much more than any other league.

Germany had one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:10am On May 24, 2018
komekn:

Simple mathematics the EPL had more clubs in the last 16 of the Champions league. Much more than any other league.

Germany had one.

What about last season and last 2 season who has more club in the last 16? Na only your own u go talk

Epl fan boys don come out from the cave wey them they hide since
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 10:16am On May 24, 2018
safarigirl:
because that is the only thing men compliment here.

Women feel better when they are complimented for things that aren't so 'obvious' to many. Small things like their smile, hair, intelligence and such, are what women prefer to be complimented on. They are always so much happier when a man sees something other than B and Y to compliment.

But most Nigerian men na one-way street, they only see front and back.
There is need for balance in complimenting both the concrete and abstract beauty of humans.

The B & Y that stands today will fall tomorrow.

On a final note, our women should know that the world do not revolve round cleavages alone. More time needs to be dedicated to finding one's true self than going about doing all kinds of implants that won't last a lifetime.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:19am On May 24, 2018
Afobear:
Nigerian team is wack and I can't wait to see the festival of goals they will concede this mundial . If you like all you beer parlour analysts here ,you can' quote me and say shit but I will never gratify you by replying you

Hahahahahaha! Seriously, I hope you are a Nigerian?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:20am On May 24, 2018
poseidonsaiz:

Biko.. tell them. I've seen Kelechi Nwakali play up close in Eziobodo. Trust me, he will get better. But he is doing fabulously well for his age..

Biko, time will tell..

Kelechi is 20 or thereabouts and playing in the 2nd tier of Dutch football. He is not the outstanding player in that league. He is forward player i.e. AM and has a very poor goal return. And you call that FABULOUSLY WELL.

The Eerste Divisie is low, I rate it on the same level of league one if not lower. Considering that the Eredivisie is rated 14 in Europe and is the easiest league to score in within the top 20 leagues in Europe. I would say he is far from Fabulous.

Arsenal is very far away from him now.

He is using the SE to bolster his career otherwise he has no business being in the SE. Simply not good enough. There are too many players better who have not been given the opportunity to showcase thier talents.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:27am On May 24, 2018
chrisooblog:
hmmm interesting simy nwankwo performed better than ogbeche during his time so his call up is understandable. ''what how dare you don't you know ogbeche played with ronaldinho, okocha, hessenesy sorry i mean heinze'' kayode performed better than k. nwakili ''what egbon don't you know kelechi trains with ozil, sanchez and ramsey'' abi no be so based on your logic?

You are clearly misrepresenting the facts.

Kelechi does not train with Ozil, Sanchez and Ramsey.

He is playing in the Eerste Divisie 2nd tier of Dutch football. It is low and what's more concerning is he is not the stand out player in that low league.

He is currently just an Arsenal player on paper, a mere speculative business transaction that may possibly. yield some dividend.

Unfortunately there is a continous trend for reasons unknown to give former Nigerian youth players irrespective of current progression opportunities in the SE to the detriment of far better performing players.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:29am On May 24, 2018
Your bullcrap talk on K.Nwakali stinks. Discuss something else mister. You are clueless on this one.

First of all, he is 19. Second of all, he is a midfielder... not a forward player. Plays AM and CM.

And you can keep harping rubbish about him using the team to bolster his career. Did he invite himself? You really are giving this little kid a lot of credit... you think he is that influential to force himself on the coaching crew? You really talk bollocks for one who claims to know so much. Mister... take a bloody hike!

Your pessimism and half-truths syndrome is stinking up the whole place. Rubbish.

komekn:

[s]Kelechi is 20 or thereabouts and playing in the 2nd tier of Dutch football. He is not the outstanding player in that league. He is forward player i.e. AM and has a very poor goal return. And you call that FABULOUSLY WELL.

The Eerste Divisie is low, I rate it on the same level of league one if not lower. Considering that the Eredivisie is rated 14 in Europe and is the easiest league to score in within the top 20 leagues in Europe. I would say he is far from Fabulous.

Arsenal is very far away from him now.

He is using the SE to bolster his career otherwise he has no business being in the SE. Simply not good enough. There are too many players better who have not been given the opportunity to showcase thier talents.[/s]

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 10:32am On May 24, 2018
I'll advise we stop quoting those folks who come in and run the team down. Wishing the team some kind of ill luck.

There is nothing anyone here can say that will change their mind. It's already made up. Giving them attention will only bring their fellows out of hiding and you guys won't like it when they flock in.

They are many on nairaland. Front page topics testifies to this. Imagine some one saying Atletico Madrid will whip Nigeria 10-0 etc. Most of them are ignorant and they do not know. One was even asking why Yakubu was not on the team list and so on.

So their is no way you can convince someone who does not believe in himself to believe others. It's very simple.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 10:34am On May 24, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
New Arsenal Boss Emery Advised To Offload Iwobi, Cech, Ozil
May 23, 2018 4:27 pm

Tony Cascarino has urged new Arsenal manager Unai Emery to get rid of the Nigeria forward Alex Iwobi and eight other players at the club.

Emery was named as Arsenal manager on Wednesday to replace Arsene Wenger who left the position at the end of the season.
Former Chelsea star Cascarino believes the 22 year old is limited.

“I don’t think he will ever be a top-four player, which is what Arsenal need,” Cascarino told The Times.co.uk regarding Iwobi.

Hector Bellerin, Petr Cech, Shkodran Mustafi, Laurent Koscielny, Calum Chambers, Granit Xhaka, Aaron Ramsey and Mesut Ozil are the other players in the Arsenal squad Cascarino wants Emery to show the exit at the club.

Iwobi who is currently with the Super Eagles in preparation for their 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia featured in 39 games for Arsenal and scored three goals and provided seven assists.

Below are Cascarino’s verdicts on the Arsenal players who should stay and leave the club.

Petr Cech – OUT
He has had a very average season with lots of errors.

David Ospina – KEEP
I would hang on to him, although only as a No 2 goalkeeper.

Héctor Bellerín – OUT
I would sell if I could get a big fee, but otherwise try to find a system he fits.

Shkodran Mustafi – OUT
Cash in on him. He is not a dominant leader-type centre half.

Laurent Koscielny – OUT
I’ve never accepted the praise that he gets. But injury means he won’t leave.

Rob Holding – KEEP
He’s young, so I’d hang on to him and hope that he continues to improve.

Calum Chambers – OUT
There are far too many mistakes in his game, I’m afraid.

Nacho Monreal – KEEP
He’s getting on, at 32, but was probably their best defender last year.

Sead Kolasinac – KEEP
I’d hold on to him because he can play in more than one position.

Granit Xhaka – OUT
Arsenal should cash in. Central midfield is one of the areas where they must improve a lot.

Mohamed Elneny – KEEP
I would retain him definitely. I thought he did OK this season.

Jack Wilshere – KEEP
His injury record means it should be a pay-as-you-play deal. But if the new manager wants to play athletic football, he would need to leave.

Aaron Ramsey – OUT
He has only a year left on his contract so I would move on from him. I think we’ve seen the best of him.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan – KEEP
Hold on to him, because of what he achieved at Borussia Dortmund, and hope he finds his feet in England.

Mesut Özil – OUT
I would get rid of him but, because Arsenal are paying him far too much, they are unlikely to get an offer.

Alex Iwobi – OUT
I don’t think he will ever be a top-four player, which is what Arsenal need.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang – KEEP
You have to keep him — he’s got goals written all over him.

Alexandre Lacazette – KEEP
I would stick with him in the hope that he
can forge a partnership with Aubameyang.

Danny Welbeck – KEEP
So versatile, including off the bench, and you need someone like that

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/new-arsenal-boss-emery-advised-to-offload-iwobi-cech-ozil/#comment-124903

And this , ladies and gentlemen is how you know skewed analysis. Typical of EPL asslickers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3657) (3658) (3659) (3660) (3661) (3662) (3663) ... (16161) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Napoleon55(m), Shegzdave and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.